Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? (13988 Views)

Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? / Fayemi Christmas Rice Hits Ekiti Towns (photo) / Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by DiademSh07: 6:07am On Jan 10, 2016
IgrigiKillandGo:

**grins** So the yoruba Tailors and Agbo sellers in Osha, the Efiks in Aba, the Igala people in Enugu, and the Hausa/fulani in the 2 garikis of Awka and Owerri are all Igbos. You stay in your red mud house and conjure nonsense claiming you don't tribal war. Anu ezi **grins**
We know who has red mud houses between the SE and the SW! Don't let me start posting SE red mud pics here!
Be warned!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:34am On Jan 10, 2016
realjoker:
please dont see this question as tribal driven motive, as on the point you raised, we dont have to keep living in denial or keep on hallucinating what is not factual,,,, it is no news that there is least concentration of non indigene or non native in SE zone compare to other zone in Nigeria, this baffle me most of the times and that is the motive behind this question, and only salient and substantial contributions are welcome.
As I earlier stated in the original post tribalist bigot are not welcome.

Op, are you inferring that there are more Hausa people living in Akwa Ibom than Imo or that there are more Yoruba people living in Sokoto than Anambra?

You know the cases above are wrong. If so, why go on with your stereotypes.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by ezebunafo(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2016
IgrigiKillandGo:

**grins** So the yoruba Tailors and Agbo sellers in Osha, the Efiks in Aba, the Igala people in Enugu, and the Hausa/fulani in the 2 garikis of Awka and Owerri are all Igbos. You stay in your red mud house and conjure nonsense claiming you don't want a tribal war. Anu ezi **grins**
how many of these pple u mentioned have lands and and personal houses,coz they don't sell their lands to non indigines,i was born and raised in nnewi,anambra state,my daddy tried to buy a land but to no avail,the money of the one he eventually bought was returned to him after thier umunna meetings where they decided that they cannot sell to a yoruba man,that had it been my dad was an igbo they would have sold,after my secondary sch,while waiting for my jamb result I got employed in a company,we where, I think 3 yorubas then,it got to a stage that the management said that the company is established for the natives and since many of them are graduating that the non natives need to go or chose demotion,that's the grudge I hold against them till this day,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Gliding(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Elchappo:
@OP.. u don't want fanatics but ur write up has loads of Igbo hate hidden in between..

Well to answer you, igbos re known for their entrepreneurial Prowess, that is why they re everywhere.
Igbo towns thrive on Business so how would another tribe come to igbo land to compete with people who re naturally blessed in what they do..

The few yoruba guyz I see in my village/town is because of the industries(Breweries) around..

Sure if the east is allowed to own their own Sea Port nd major Industrialization cutting across most eastern state u would certainly see more of other tribes.

For information sake, which Igbo state would you like the sea port situated in
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by destinysaid(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2016
Dnt Knw what's wrong with most peeps here, d op clearly stated, twice, that hez not into tribal bigotry, yet some ppl are already calling him/her names . .

@ topic, realjoker, u may not be as exposed as u may think, and surely UV not been everywhere.

The SE HV a a thing for business and as such competition arises, only a fellow Igbo most times will be able to stand d heat, hence d low amount of non indigenes , buh that's not to say oda tribes arnt there.

more often than not u would see a Yoruba taxi driver or more commonly an Hausa suya seller, especially in Enugu, IMO, etc,

also I bliv where there are industries, u would fine oda tribes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by destinysaid(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2016
ezebunafo:
how many of these pple u mentioned have lands and and personal houses,coz they don't sell their lands to non indigines,i was born and raised in nnewi,anambra state,my daddy tried to buy a land but to no avail,the money of the one he eventually bought was returned to him after thier umunna meetings where they decided that they cannot sell to a yoruba man,that had it been my dad was an igbo they would have sold,after my secondary sch,while waiting for my jamb result I got employed in a company,we where, I think 3 yorubas then,it got to a stage that the management said that the company is established for the natives and since many of them are graduating that the non natives need to go or chose demotion,that's the grudge I hold against them till this day,
which company if I may ask. . . . . . . . note that in core Yoruba land, one can't just buy a land anyhow, although I do think the Igbo's own are a bit excessive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by omoelesa(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2016
destinysaid:
which company if I may ask. . . . . . . . note that in core Yoruba land, one can't just buy a land anyhow, although I do think the Igbo's own are a bit excessive.

There are no yoruba land u cant buy land.Even when u go to ondo and osun, u see ibos owing their own cocoa plantations.The ibos are the no one discrinator,and when they are discrinate against, they shout victicmazation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Gliding(m): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2016
Elchappo:
@OP.. u don't want fanatics but ur write up has loads of Igbo hate hidden in between..

Well to answer you, igbos re known for their entrepreneurial Prowess, that is why they re everywhere.
Igbo towns thrive on Business so how would another tribe come to igbo land to compete with people who re naturally blessed in what they do..

The few yoruba guyz I see in my village/town is because of the industries(Breweries) around..

Sure if the east is allowed to own their own Sea Port nd major Industrialization cutting across most eastern state u would certainly see more of other tribes.

For information sake, which Igbo state would you like the sea port situated in ?
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 10, 2016
IgrigiKillandGo:

**grins** So the yoruba Tailors and Agbo sellers in Osha, the Efiks in Aba, the Igala people in Enugu, and the Hausa/fulani in the 2 garikis of Awka and Owerri are all Igbos. You stay in your red mud house and conjure nonsense claiming you don't want a tribal war. Anu ezi **grins**
Thunder fire you.... Useless goat
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by realjoker(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2016
It seems like some people want to keep on living in denial, comparing the concentration of non indigene in places like sokoto, kebb, ibadan, oshogbo with south eastern state, some went as far as calling me names, some claimed I am not expose that i think Nigeria begins and end in my backyard. Mentioning 1, 2 or 3 hausa or yoruba community or their major occupation does not mean they made up to or more than 10% of the total population of the community get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by destinysaid(m): 9:07am On Jan 10, 2016
omoelesa:
Their is no yoruba land u cant buy land.Even when u go to ondo and osun, u see ibos owing their own cocoa plantations.The ibos are the no one discrinator,and when they are discrinate against, they shout victicmazation.
nna , calm down when quoting, and spell each word properly or use abr, on d oda hand though, I get ur point.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by realjoker(m): 9:08am On Jan 10, 2016
lowgeorge:
Thunder fire you.... Useless goat
do they made up of up to 10% of the various igbo community? Is the question you should have ask him, you dont have to call him names. Salient contribution only please.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by destinysaid(m): 9:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Gliding:

For information sake, which Igbo state would you like the sea port situated in ?
there arnt much places where seaports can be placed in SE o, most possible ones are d anambra river, or cross river areas,. . . . . .but even at that it won't be a major seaport

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Ijaya123: 9:10am On Jan 10, 2016
realjoker:
Please I dont want this to lead to an E-war
Mature contribution only if you know you are a tribal fanatic don't bother to make contribution please.
Why is it that most Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly, people from other regions despise them so much such that they dont want to look for business opportuinity in their region or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.
Even the north that most of us love to hate and we label intolerant set of people have more concentration of non native in there villages than igbo cities and their town and cities are mostly made up of up to 30-45% non indigenes or non northerners.

It is simple. They are not accommodative of others, are not trusted and overtly sentimental and tribalistic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by northvietnam(m): 9:16am On Jan 10, 2016
realjoker:
please which of the fact is not accurate. Please enlighten us more, maybe I and others, that shares this same believe might learn one or more new thing.

go through your post again and read my post again ...

abeg leave me jooor I dey go Sunday school
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Arsenate(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2016
It has nothing to do with fear of competition as the ibos on this thread are trying to imply. It is more to do with the fact that the ibos are not really hospitable people couple with the fact that they are very hostile with nasty arrogant attitude to go with. I mean even here on this thread they are already displaying their arrogance by implying no one can compete with them.
Nigerians will rather live in Jigawa than live in Anambra; FACT.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by destinysaid(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2016
lowgeorge:
that is Igbos for you my broda... I go still dey talk am wetin we no fit try for Yoloba land for these useless leeches... Dem go do am without batting an eyelid... Until my senile brain dead Yoloba pple wake up... Let them take the spoils oooo....
If only we can come together and make custom laws that no Igbos must own a farm or own a land more than 30 yrs without renewal... It would have been the best... See d traditional rulers who suppose to create enabling environment for a man that has been living dat stupid red mud enclave for years yet denied nd money returned after spending years in that accursed land.... I swear yigbos go burn like stubble for hell

first of all, about the leaders living in mud houses, its about preserving d culture

secondly, d Yoruba HV always been accommodating, and patient, so u Dnt expect them to stop d SE ppl from buying land there.

lastly, Dnt Knw why y'all are being e warriors, u no get church/mosque/shrine/coven to go?
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by realjoker(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Op, are you inferring that there are more Hausa people living in Akwa Ibom than Imo or that there are more Yoruba people living in Sokoto than Anambra?

You know the cases above are wrong. If so, why go on with your stereotypes.
as for for concentration of hausa in akwa ibom and imo let leave the argument for another day but as for the concentration of Yoruba in sokoto to anambra bros, no go there, yoruba people alone made up to 8% people in sokoto state let alone other none native people.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by realjoker(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2016
northvietnam:

lol
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by realjoker(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2016
northvietnam:

you did not specify which of the facts is not accurate, that is reason why I ask you to counter any of the fact that is not accurate, maybe we might learn something new.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by asha80(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
Arsenate:
It has nothing to do with fear of competition as the ibos on this thread are trying to imply. It is more to do with the fact that the ibos are not really hospitable people couple with the fact that they are very hostile with nasty arrogant attitude to go with. I mean even here on this thread they are already displaying their arrogance by implying no one can compete with them.
Nigerians will rather live in Jigawa than live in Anambra; FACT.
ignorance is bliss..go and tell the nonsense above to your fellow northerners living in se cities and surburbs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Arsenate(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
I mean look at it this way, even ibos living in non ibo lands are not really that cool with the locals. An ibo living in the north or west will find it very hard to rent out his house to the hausa or Yoruba locals preferring only an ibo tenant.
Right here on my land you are not keen on giving me a room to rent how much more in yours?
Everyone sees this and ultimately tries to avoid the South east.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Arsenate(m): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2016
asha80:
ignorance is bliss..go and tell the nonsense above to your fellow northerners living in se cities and surburbs
sir, a pocket of hausas and yorubas here and there doesn't really invalidate most the points some of us are making here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by bettercreature(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2016
The only reason Yorubas don't like living in igbo towns is because of the AGGRESSIVE NATURE OF IGBO PEOPLE

Infact most Yoruba people dont like to live with IGbo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by asha80(m): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Arsenate:
sir, a pocket of houses and yorubas here and there doesn't really invalidate most the points some of us are making here.
like I said ignorance is bliss..you can believe everything you want but also tell your trash to the thousands on northerners living in Igbo cities and towns...same way I should be termed ignorant if I should use the the number of senseless religious crisis and riots over the years in the north were in the process Igbo men lose their lives to conclude that northerners are savages even without going to live there

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by northvietnam(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2016
realjoker:
you did not specify which of the facts is not accurate, that is reason why I ask you to counter any of the fact that is not accurate, maybe we might learn something new.

u dey distract me for church Guy...

them send u..
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by JaredNomak: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2016
realjoker:
Please I dont want this to lead to an E-war
Mature contribution only if you know you are a tribal fanatic don't bother to make contribution please.
Why is it that most Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly, people from other regions despise them so much such that they dont want to look for business opportuinity in their region or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.
Even the north that most of us love to hate and we label intolerant set of people have more concentration of non native in there villages than igbo cities and their town and cities are mostly made up of up to 30-45% non indigenes or non northerners.
I can see how friendly and matured you are towards Igbos with that senseless comment of yours..

You want mature contributions but you've ridiculed yourself with that comment.. If I derail this thread now you will start calling mods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by Mzdivacious(f): 9:43am On Jan 10, 2016
Abagworo:
Is it not same with Southwest? Abeokuta, Ibadan, Oshogbo, Akure, Owo, Ogbomoso, Ilesha, Oyo, Ado Ekiti etc. are just Yoruba towns with almost everything Yoruba. Lagos cannot be counted as a Yoruba city per se as it developed as a national centre.

lagos is as yoruba as abuja is hausa.get ur facts right,its a national centre so people from other tribes def troop in,but it will always identify as yoruba to d core,in d olden days,everyone knew it was yoruba,u dont see ibo kings in lagos do u?but now that its so rich,it not yoruba per se,lmao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2016
realjoker:
as for for concentration of hausa in akwa ibom and imo let leave the argument for another day but as for the concentration of Yoruba in sokoto to anambra bros, no go there, yoruba people alone made up to 8% people in sokoto state let alone other none native people.

I give up on you bro. The population of Yoruba artisans in Onitsha alone is more than their population in Sokoto state.
Re: Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? by ogunsinamayowa(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2016
iamkeyz:
OP you have said your mind and you asked valid questions
well, the thing is, nigeria has branded igbo as evil since after the war
federal govts has refused to give SE what other regions have thus se is poor and its mostly only business of buying and selling that thrive there
SE LACKS
SEA PORT
GOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
GOOD FEDERAL ROADS AND PROJECTS
etc
so tell me, who would love to live there if not the natives who can manage?
you know, what we have are either provided by state govt or individual efforts and you already know that its not good enough.
we are friendly, honest and hardworking people
but we hate to be intimidated simple
i hope i answered SOME of your questions?
proudly from the erosion ravaged anambra state

i am a yoruba, but i feel for you. i can understand your predicament, but you guys need to look inward. your states executive rake in billions of naira from federal allocation. if WE monitor our state Governors, every states will be a better place to live. those governors are corrupt than federal yam eater.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Linking Me With APC Is Like Associating Me With Armed Robbers – Fayose / Nigerian, Ghanaian Officials Hold Crucial Meeting Amidst Deportations / Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.