Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,794 members, 7,855,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:07 PM

Why Are Our Parents Like This? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Our Parents Like This? (4456 Views)

4 Things Our Parents Should Stop Stressing On / Why Did Our Parents Marriages Last For Decades But These Days,marriage Collapse? / Top 10 Lies Our Parents Once Told. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by kaziblake(f): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
adepeter26:
shocked
why the look?
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
boboLIL:
Nigerians Parents be like ** boys are evil at ur tender age** clocking 30 upwards.... **all these men aint good for you ehhh?***
Lol, they are complicated
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Sept20:
They act strict because they care and when they start asking questions about their potential son-in-law, it's because they are getting tired of having you around tongue
No, I guess they just wanna let me know i'm free to have bf at last
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
XtraSmooth404:
Your dad monitored you while in school? undecided
Your case is strong o grin
kikiki grin
Very strong
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by sauceTDA(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
So you won't end up like Pussysandie grin. It's a good thing tho.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by weconnect: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
na my dad do dat one for me. I no fit 4get dat slap. I still joke about that slap with the guy thou
you mean you are stil screwing that same guy?
Hmmm two things are involved sha
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by shegxi(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
i think i have d best parent ever.....very cul people, no hard time, very free with dem and we turned-out very fyn.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by kokoA(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Is like you are becoming a nuisance at home that's why. Go get yourself a man o else na una last born go give you the final embarrassment. grin

You: will you change to channel to telemundo before I slap you?! Everyday nickeledeon nickeledeon! What are learning from it sef?! angry

Last born: **in anger** Leave me jor! Mcheeww.

You: **snatches TV remote from her** give me something! Nonsense!

Last born: ohhhhhhhh! Infact just go! Leave!

You: where?!

Last born: your husband's house! You are 40! You are just here disturbing somebody. Mcheew.

You: **with a broken voice** MUMMY! I wee kill dis girl o!

Your mum: **shouting from the kitchen** leave my baby o. Go an give birth to your own and kill. Infact come here and blend tomatoes for me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
weconnect:
you mean you are stil screwing that same guy?
Hmmm two things are involved sha
Naughty you.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
missdebs:
the same people that warn you not to have bfs suddenly start pressurising you...in life there is time for everything
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by weconnect: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
Naughty you.
you nko
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Rukkydelta(f): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
What ever they did was for our own good, but some parents own strong o
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
robinicule:
To me i think Its a kind of weird way parents use to show xtreme love, they dont want you misbehaving atall.. and you were probably really stubborn as i was. I remember when my mom use to wake me up in d midnight just to flog me cheesy and beg me when i wake d following morning...that woman sha
lol. That's my dad. Just know that 2mao morni is when you will chop ur cane
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
missdebs:
the same people that warn you not to have bfs suddenly start pressurising you...in life there is time for everything
My sis, I tire
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Begonia(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
kaziblake:
I Remembered when my mum saw me talking to a guy..she slapped me right in front of him.
Wow! If you don't mind, how old were you?
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
misspicy:
lol cheesy

same thing with me and I wonder that are this people expecting the husband to fall down from heaven and ask for my hand in marriage?

they forget things are not done like the old days anymore,relationship needs time to bloom not guy see you,likes you and go and see your father like their case was.

Now,guy sees you,ask you out,check you out,takes his time,study you,waste your time,eventually see your father or leave you sef cheesycheesy

world have turn upside down
kikikiki
I tire 4 dem oo
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
no. It can't be, God forbid
bad belle people
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
kokoA:
Is like you are becoming a nuisance at home that's why. Go get yourself a man o else na una last born go give you the final embarrassment. grin

You: will you change to channel to telemundo before I slap you?! Everyday nickeledeon nickeledeon! What are learning from it sef?! angry

Last born: **in anger** Leave me jor! Mcheeww.

You: **snatches TV remote from her** give me something! Nonsense!

Last born: ohhhhhhhh! Infact just go! Leave!

You: where?!

Last born: your husband's house! You are 40! You are just here disturbing somebody. Mcheew.

You: **with a broken voice** MUMMY! I wee kill dis girl o!

Your mum: **shouting from the kitchen** leave my baby o. Go an give birth to your own and kill. Infact come here and blend tomatoes for me.
I can't stop laughing dude. Nice one
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by firstking01(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
I grew up with my strict parents and I happen to be the only girl in the family. My parents were teachers as at the time I was growing up. Chai! You can imagine life with them. They monitor every damn thing about me. The way I dress, the type of friends I move with and my movements. What is boyfriend(I mean friend with a boy)
I did not have a relationship with my dad because of his strict nature. I thought admission into higher institution will gimme my freedom but did not turn out to be the kind of freedom I want. The fear of my dad's strict was always on my mind during my stay in school.
Now, something happened last week! My dad asked 'when are we meeting him?' I was like 'meet who'? So, my dad(a very strict man) can ask me about boyfriend? Really? I was taken aback!
I went to my mum and she asked 'don't you have someone you are dating right from start'? Chisos! I can't believe those are my parents talking to me about boyfriend.
Now, my question is why are they so strict and at the same time expect us to violate their rules? Are they not complicated? Why are strict parents like this?
Share your experience with your strict parents here please.
Happy sunday guys.
u berra go tank those ur parents...who knws where you would 've been todae.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by bibijay123(f): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
My mom never raised a hand to me she only has to present a graphic story of how girls end up with unwanted pregnancy and a life of long suffering so that always put me in check. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Begonia(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
"Strictness" and "controlling" are not the same thing. Most Nigerian parents are too damn controlling. I have no doubt they love their children but to be honest, I think it's overdone.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by lamideee(f): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
I grew up with my strict parents and I happen to be the only girl in the family. My parents were teachers as at the time I was growing up. Chai! You can imagine life with them. They monitor every damn thing about me. The way I dress, the type of friends I move with and my movements. What is boyfriend(I mean friend with a boy)
I did not have a relationship with my dad because of his strict nature. I thought admission into higher institution will gimme my freedom but did not turn out to be the kind of freedom I want. The fear of my dad's strict was always on my mind during my stay in school.
Now, something happened last week! My dad asked 'when are we meeting him?' I was like 'meet who'? So, my dad(a very strict man) can ask me about boyfriend? Really? I was taken aback!
I went to my mum and she asked 'don't you have someone you are dating right from start'? Chisos! I can't believe those are my parents talking to me about boyfriend.
Now, my question is why are they so strict and at the same time expect us to violate their rules? Are they not complicated? Why are strict parents like this?
Share your experience with your strict parents here please.
Happy sunday guys.
ur own beta,u won't believe at my age anytime I want 2 go out my dad do tell me 2 write d address nd phone number of d person I want 2 visit grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
bad belle people
stop quoting me
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
lamideee:
ur own beta,u won't believe at my age anytime I want 2 go out my dad do tell me 2 write d address nd phone number of d person I want 2 visit grin grin
are u fu3king serious
All this fathers sha grin
They are over protective bcox they know their species grin
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by lamideee(f): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
are u fu3king serious
lol,u get it

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by shegxi(m): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
lamideee:
it is nt a bad thing.....daddy is just looking out for his favourite daughter grin grin grin sebi it is nt as if he wnt allow u go out?
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by shegxi(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
are u fu3king serious
wat specie is dat o? lemme guess....good, gentle, nice, kind, loving and smart abi grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by lamideee(f): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
shegxi:
it is nt a bad thing.....daddy is just looking out for his favourite daughter grin grin grin sebi it is nt as if he wnt allow u go out?
of cos I do go out anytime I want,but @ times is annoying.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by shegxi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
lamideee:
of cos I do go out anytime I want,but @ times is annoying.
o ni binu ni grin grin grin grin grin d ones i tire for are dose who wnt allow dere daughters go out and wnt even let dem have visitors
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by lamideee(f): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
shegxi:
o ni binu ni grin grin grin grin grin d ones i tire for are dose who wnt allow dere daughters go out and wnt even let dem have visitors
leave those ones na their type dey beg their daughters @ the end 2 bring any guy home @ 30+ even if na blind man dey won't mind grin
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Spikkylee: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
in other words
You don dey turn to old cargo.
But if NL guys send you PM, u go still dey form posh

Guy oya chop beta Knuckle for theiaa..
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by shegxi(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
lamideee:
leave those ones na their type dey beg their daughters @ the end 2 bring any guy home @ 30+ even if na blind man dey won't mind grin
hahahahhahaha.....u are nt nice at all, se blind man no be person ni, remember cobhams is blind o grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Men Have Bigger JOYSTICKS Than Southafrican Men-"kelly Khumalo" / Over 7 Feet Tall Couple Seen In Palms Shopping Mall / See What A Twitter User Said His Girlfriend Made Him Do For 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.