Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle (80420 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Remove Bombs From Damaturu-biu Road / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nickymezor(f): 8:30am On Jan 11, 2016
shadowgwalker:
thanks Nicky.
Ur welcm
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 4watever: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2016
aribisala0:

What does the word BOSOM mean please consult a dictionary the last time I checked mine it meant breast not face or head.

With regard to the word HIJAB pay attention to the following transliteration of the Ayah you quoted

the word HIJAB does not appear in it. Drawing veil over bosoms refers to covering unclothedness and not faces

wanaqul lal nisa' almuminin 'ann yaghdudn min 'absarihinn w takun mutawadieat , w 'iilaa eard min zinatahunn 'illa ma hu wadih , w rusim hijjabuhunn ealaa suduruhum , w lays yubdin zinatahunn hifz lirijalihinn 'aw abayihinn 'aw 'azwajahunn " alaba' , 'aw 'abna'ahum 'aw " 'abna'an , 'aw 'iikhwanahum 'aw 'iikhwanahum 'abna' 'azwajahunn 'aw 'abnayihinn al'akhuat , 'aw alnnisa' , 'aw aleabid , 'aw alhudur aldhdhukur alladhin yaftaqirun 'iilaa quwwat , 'aw al'atfal aldhyn la yaerifun shay' min eawrat almar'a. wajealhum la khatam 'aqdamahum wdhlk l yaelam ma yukhfin min zinatihinn . wabidawrih lillah maeaan, 'ayuha almuminun , min ajl 'iin kuntum qad tanjah .

Go and study your religion properly. Every surah has a context and is not necessarily meant to be taken literally by all humanity for all time.
If you understand context you will not argue blindly

It says do not display EXCEPT that which must ordinarily appear thereof as you quote or other translations provide:

not to display their adornment34 except that which is displayed of itself

Do the breast or private parts "ordinarily appear thereof" what about the face and head?

The word EXCEPT makes it clear it is NOT the entire body that is expected to be covered as some argue
Anyhow I do not see the word; HIJAB
In human society without a face a person has NO IDENTITY . If someone takes an exam borrows money commits a crime and has never been seen who can identify or testify against them? In fact you cannot even know the person . So if I live on the same street with a woman for 10 years because she is a Muslim I cannot recognize her if I see her in another town committing a crime without the veil? That is not acceptable in the modern world. We must be able to identify every person for good security to avoid crimes of all kinds whether impersonation(the scenarios are limitless), terrorism or whatever
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by wode1: 9:04am On Jan 11, 2016
baby124:
Arabs started using scarf, veils and hijab because of the desert. Tell me are we living in a desert

This is not about Arabs, it's about Islam - two different things. Hijab is a direct injunction from God as stated in the holy Qur'an. Please endeavor to do your findings very well.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Ahmedzing01: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2016
baby124:
Arabs started using scarf, veils and hijab because of the desert. Tell me are we living in a desert
if you dont know something, it's better for you to ask. instead of opening your mouth and spitting saliva.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aboto49(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2016
Imoletide:

you think she will remove the Hijab politely??lmaoooo,they believe in that Hijab than they believe in their God.
who tell u dat?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2016
Snipes009:
Why you so mad tho? Your essay-ic comments on here are enough to fill a NewYork BestSeller Novel. Lol. Mr. Young Noble of the Outlawz...

is too early to start mincing words with you on a fresh monday norning nit-wit. Get yourself a job,and if you've got one,then get yourself busy dwarf.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Ahmedzing01: 10:00am On Jan 11, 2016
The question is "is Nigeria the only country where hijab is being worn? "
Go to Algeria, Morocco, United Arab Emirates,
go to Saudi Arabia, turkey. they should've ban the use of hijab because of potential suicide bombings.
Armed robbers uses guns to rob, the police and military should be stripped of using guns.. would that solve the issue? if the hijab is banned,what is the guarantee of not having any case of suicide bombings again?
what if the bombs are then kept in head gears of our women who goes to parties? what if it's being hidden in agbada? what if I carry a suitcase full loaded with explosives, so you'll just let me be as long I'm not wearing hijab?...
The issues goes more than hijab and banning hijab will only open more floodgates of uprising from concerned persons and bodies.
some have been wondering ever since how our muslimahs look like without their hijabs...
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by ash1akintola(m): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2016
I wonder how someone who doesn't know anything about Islam can sit down and tell me Hijab is a borrowed culture from the Arabs against sand and storm. Derided of reasoning is he or she that can't see the importance attached to Hijab for a Muslim women. Why on earth would she go about naked on the street because of what the world says about her. Wailing wailers should continue their cries or better still borrow mb to Google out the role of Hijab to women
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by afelele9(m): 10:29am On Jan 11, 2016
tonytony208:

Some other countries have banned hijab and heaven didn't fall. It is only in nigeria that we religionalize everything. Wetin dey do us sef?

My broda thinking of other countries was wrong, may be you might not know what have cause them for allowing their woman open hair.
An open hair of woman decrease the blessing of the state.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
You still dey quote me? You no dey taya! Lol.....Young Noble!!! You remind me of Madd Rapper on that intro to Biggie's Kick In The Door.......lol

noblegrex:
is too early to start mincing words with you on a fresh monday norning nit-wit. Get yourself a job,and if you've got one,then get yourself busy dwarf.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by omeke12(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
MediaDeveloper:

What are you implying? if your sister wears an hijab does that mean she is caring bomb?

No..
it means she might be carrying bomb because 99% of female suicide bombers wore u peoples hijab
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by qtx(m): 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as the car is useful to users of motor vehicle, so is the hijab useful to its wearers. Saying 80% of suicide bombers are on hijab doesn't prove that the ban of hijab will end terrorism/suicide bombing. It also does not prove that hijab aid suicide bombing.

As for cars, the Abuja Police Headquarter suicide bombing(2012) was done with a car. The UN bombing also with a car. The recent Iyanya bombing in Abuja was also with a car. The bombs are transported through cars and other vehicles. Boko Haram move around with cars. So should usage of cars be banned?
baseless and childish comparison guy. Stop these your argument that can make someone feel like vomiting. Narrow thinking. Sorry
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Winnie2015: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
I might sound insensitive but I gotta say it. The Hijab should be banned for a period. Until the BH crisis is sorted out. People don't feel safe around Hijabites anymore. A Hijab-wearing lady entered a bus recently in Warri and everyone came down, insisting that the lady should get down immediately. To be honest, I was also scared of who she might be. I mean, if guys can wear bras and makeup and look like women, what about when you can't even see their faces? I believe in religious tolerance but this is a mass security issue.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
noblegrex:
na wa oo. Se old fool. So in your entire dumbo life,Hijab is the only means your muslim sisters can use to cover their bodies. Ah! Eyahh. Lack of exposure is disturbing you sha.or may be you're just coming up.you're not fully growned.are reverend sisters not covering their bodies.that's a far better way of doing that and a very close and simple example for you to ponder upon. I can't even think of seeing their face cos I don't want to faint. I'm not interested in their rashes infested And ugly faces.it might also interest you to know that the once I've seen are not good looking,so forget about me wanting to see one ghost somewhere.I just want to open your eyes and broaden your understanding only if you'll learn. to sharpen your instinct and your sense of reasoning on particular things. nothing more.
aborbee I no be any 4kin muslim!respect ya wasted life. you hear me so? gbam!
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by vickylala239: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
arewafederation:

Why are you guys like this?

Is it now against the law to wear the hijab?

Has the ban on hijab been approved to warrant such humiliation on an innocent woman by the soldiers?

If you lots chose to be naked, its your choice, but you should allow we Muslims to dress in accordance with our religion.

It is our fundamental right.
angry

Am not against ur religion or belief

We knw the situation of the country

U will agree wit me that is Nt all face covered( I Dnt knw Wat u Ppl call d cloth) are clean.am saying this Cuz I did my nysc wit a face covered Muslim ,who love Nxt door to me. I knw Wat me n ha did.

No one is condemning ur religion,Bt is it Nt wise to cover ur face @ home,n put it off in dangerous zones.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by ckmayoca: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?

And so? You people call igbos supporters of nnamdi kanu, is all igbos a pro biafra person?
That's the mentality nigeria live with so let the game of judging all with the crime of one continue.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by ckmayoca: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?

And so? You people call igbos supporters of nnamdi kanu, is all igbos a pro biaf.ra person?
That's the mentality nigeria live with so let the game of judging all with the crime of one continue.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Abumadea: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
tonytony208:

And the men too hide under hijab. While am not saying banning hijab is the holistic solution, am saying it is part of the solutions. At least, possibility of carrying IED under hijab will be reduced to zero.

Free and big clothes can be used to conceal IED. Hijab is a clothe used to cover the head to the chest or below the chest. I can wear agbada to conceal IED. I can wear a long and free robe to conceal IED. Banning hijab I can tell u, will not do anything to reduce or stop the bombing. Some of them have been caught trying to bomb some places. How did they catch these people? Let them use the method used to catch those that were caught rather than banning the code of dressing of the entire muslims.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
shadowgwalker:
aborbee I no be any 4kin muslim!respect ya wasted life. you hear me so? gbam!
so wetin come be your headache nit-wit.I should have known earlier hypocrates. I hope you're not running away from your responsibility.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
noblegrex:
so wetin come be your headache nit-wit.I should have known earlier hypocrates. I hope you're not running away from your responsibility.
my headache be say make them no tamper with person tradition/religion using their so-called political lifestyle.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Obienesarah: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
Akanbiedu:
I think Mr. President was not careful enough while answering the hijab question during his last media chat. He clearly succumbed to blackmail.

Now every id!ot is going to take laws in his/her hands.
No be so him dey take laws into his hands?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Obienesarah: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
Waten some Muslim girls n women dey hide under their hijab too much, it should be banned lets see the real them, dirty na there, and i'v seen and heard girls abandoning their hijab just to hv fun, and later wear it bck, som of their girls dey rubbish the religion so make them ban am.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 8:23am On Jan 12, 2016
shadowgwalker:
my headache be say make them no tamper with person tradition/religion using their so-called political lifestyle.
then you better watch it so that,thar your head will not blow up.because majority of the people in power are muslim.so which religion are you talking about
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 12, 2016
noblegrex:
then you better watch it so that,thar your head will not blow up.because majority of the people in power are muslim.so which religion are you talking about
Muslim by heart or Muslim by 'filling forms '?

I'm talking about any religion and any tradition. they should leave it the way it has been. who told you that those bombers are Muslims şef? I dey ask you cos I wan know.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2016
shadowgwalker:
Muslim by heart or Muslim by 'filling forms '?

I'm talking about any religion and any tradition. they should leave it the way it has been. who told you that those bombers are Muslims şef? I dey ask you cos I wan know.
I think I have to stop mincing words with you cos I can perceive the level of your understanding and you're not ready to learn. I though initially that you're a grown up.but from the look of things you're not because of your sense of reasoning. may be something is wrong somewhere anyways. Well if you may know.who are those people using tesibiu,lawani,allah,who are the people leaving beared(because they want to get lahda)
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
noblegrex:
I think I have to stop mincing words with you cos I can perceive the level of your understanding and you're not ready to learn. I though initially that you're a grown up.but from the look of things you're not because of your sense of reasoning. may be something is wrong somewhere anyways. Well if you may know.who are those people using tesibiu,lawani,allah,who are the people leaving beared(because they want to get lahda)
have you ever investigated them? that somebody is evil and decides to hide himself under a religion doesn't make him a member of that religion.

that a demon is present in church service doesn't make it a Christian.
oboy! you dull die! you gats enlighten your low IQ
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
shadowgwalker:
have you ever investigated them? that somebody is evil and decides to hide himself under a religion doesn't make him a member of that religion.

that a demon is present in church service doesn't make it a Christian.
oboy! you dull die! you gats enlighten your low IQ
chaii.chineke.see thinking.o boy. how old are you.what on earth could possibly make them act like muslims in the first place. O boy you no get brain at all. Na fufu dey inside that your big head. may be you're just a religious fanatics.chi mooooo
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 13, 2016
noblegrex:
chaii.chineke.see thinking.o boy. how old are you.what on earth could possibly make them act like muslims in the first place. O boy you no get brain at all. Na fufu dey inside that your big head. may be you're just a religious fanatics.chi mooooo
your ignorance is beginning to make you sound like you are sick in the head.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 12:19am On Jan 13, 2016
shadowgwalker:
your ignorance is beginning to make you sound like you are sick in the head.
seriously you need to work on yourself cos you've got this low IQ.I'm sure you're a guy,you'll need sense to run your family. You lack instincts.I mean obviously. Grow up boy. Daddy wants you to be a brave man ehn.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 13, 2016
noblegrex:
seriously you need to work on yourself cos you've got this low IQ.I'm sure you're a guy,you'll need sense to run your family. You lack instincts.I mean obviously. Grow up boy. Daddy wants you to be a brave man ehn.
see who get IQ, and you still dey write jamb at the age of 28?

just dey şidon for shop dey run your mouth until you start to worship your juniors for their blessing.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 11:11am On Jan 13, 2016
shadowgwalker:
see who get IQ, and you still dey write jamb at the age of 28?

just dey şidon for shop dey run your mouth until you start to worship your juniors for their blessing.
even peeps at your age and elders, even peeps who are old enough to give birth to you are answering sir to me not to talk of you this small brat. Even my house BOY will be older than you.goblin.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
noblegrex:
even peeps at your age and elders, even peeps who are old enough to give birth to you are answering sir to me not to talk of you this small brat. Even my house BOY will be older than you.goblin.
is that what is making you puff up? wait till one small maya come wöz you slap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Organs Or Arms Of Government By Joel3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.