Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle (80492 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Remove Bombs From Damaturu-biu Road / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That depends on your own perspective.

But it absolutely does
it does nt
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by igboboy3(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?

You are comparing apples and oranges.
First of all, unofficials cars are now banned in some defence parastatals and government establishments. Even in places of worship in Abuja and the North, you only drive your car up to a certain point. So, in that perspective, cars are banned

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
mars123:
ol boy how can you compare the usefulness of a car with a hijab? If 80% of suicide bombings are carried out by young girls covered in hijab, and these attacks continue, is it not wise to ban the hijab? abi you want the bombings to continue?

If most BH attacks are done in cars, and these attacks continue, is it not wise to ban use of cars? Abi you want the attacks to continue?

If the govt is considering the ban on hijabs, they can as well ban the use of agbada. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by geesilver(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
mars123:
ol boy how can you compare the usefulness of a car with a hijab? If 80% of suicide bombings are carried out by young girls covered in hijab, and these attacks continue, is it not wise to ban the hijab? abi you want the bombings to continue?
Where is the proof that 80% bombing are carried out under the disguise of HIJAB? Pls enlighten. Us more on that.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by APCsupporter: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2016
mars123:

After that then they start banning scarfs agbada and wrappers
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Eronmosele(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2016
mars123:
You even have time to answer silly comments. You try. This 2016 no time O! Unfortunately what you typed as clear and logical as it is will still not make sense to some. To reason backwards is indeed deliberate! It's a helpless situation. Good response though.

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nicepoker(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2016
That useless black rubb!sh should be banned.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by mikki123(m): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2016
Is Nigeria not a secular state... If you are not ok with banning of HIJAB, then something is wrong somewhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2016
I don't fancy this yeye idea!! it's lame. even if they tell us to where skinny or skimpy wears or even tell us to start walking naked, what makes them think these 'diehard killers ' won't device a new means of terrorizing?

my point is this, we should acquire an advanced tech that should scan people. There are facilities or equipment which could do all these.

This banning of religious wears no just make sense.
what happens when people start implanting mini -bombs beneath their skin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Sodiumdawg: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2016
tonytony208:

What else does the government have to prove? Haven't there been cases of female suicide bombers hiding IED under hijab? Or where have you been in the past couple of years? Nigeria or space?

Barcanista will never cease to amaze me!
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Eronmosele(m): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

If most BH attacks are done in cars, and these attacks continue, is it not wise to ban use of cars? Abi you want the attacks to continue?

If the govt is considering the ban on hijabs, they can as well ban the use of agbada. angry
Excellent contribution! Because you have seen someone in agbada blow himself up in the name of religion abi? Keep it up, you are doing well. My prayer for you is that the next hijab suicide bomber does not locate you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by luckman20(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:
This issue will bring problem in Nigeria.

My little understanding from reading is that it is a borrowed culture from other parts of the the world particularly the desert areas where "sand and dust storms" are prevalent as a way of protecting the face and body. I beleive that there are appropriate ways a Muslim lady can dress that can cover the body properly. We should not encourage extremism in the guise of religion.
q33:59

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by yemmy75(m): 11:06am On Jan 10, 2016
ysadiq:
my brother does that mean if an evil is carried out with khaki. is banning it nw the solution to such problem, pls let us see dis from the right side.
So u can u pls give us a better solution to d hijab problem?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

My little understanding from reading is that it is a borrowed culture from other parts of the the world particularly the desert areas where "sand and dust storms" are prevalent as a way of protecting the face and body. I beleive that there are appropriate ways a Muslim lady can dress that can cover the body properly. We should not encourage extremism in the guise of religion.
I tire for this so called muslim sisters oo.its a very simple thing. If they want to cover themselves up,let them put on a good gown that has a loong sleeves,with the small hijab that covers their head to neck + the veil and also wear sucks and hand glooves. No long thing. Very easy.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by mars123(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as the car is useful to users of motor vehicle, so is the hijab is useful to its wearers. Saying 80% of suicide bombers are on hijab doesn't prove that the ban of hijab will end terrorism/suicide bombing. It also does not prove that hijack aid suicide bombing.

As for cars, the Abuja Police Headquarter suicide bombing(2012) was done with a car. The UN bombing also with a car. The recent Iyanya bombing in Abuja was also with a car. The bombs are transported through cars and other vehicles. Boko Haram move around with cars. So should usage of cars be banned?
you're talking Abuja, im talking northeast, its clear you haven't understood in the first place. the suicide bombings in borno cannot continue to happen with young girls in hijab and you're talking about banning cars when boko haram of recent hardly use cars for operations over there. why are you twisting the matter? serious countries like the USA and France cannot let that happen.

are you even aware of the socio-economic impact cars have over hijab. if today you were to pick between banning the cars or the hijabs, which would you pick? Even the northerners would support the ban if the bombings continue with girls in hijab till next year.

I repeat if the suicide bombings continue in the northeast, the government would be left with no choice. drastic events call for drastic measures.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by jomoh: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

Kindly reference the book or site you read it from.

And you claim to hold a masters degree?

What a shame. At this age and time a masters degree holder still believe the trash that Hijab --that is well known all over the world as a core muslim mode of dressing-- is the culture of some people in some region.

You people still do not get it.

Islam is more than a religion.

Islam is a culture, a tradition, a way of living life. Not just a religion you pick up anytime you like.

Islam tells you what to do, when to do it, how to do it reason why you should do it. In short, Islam is an Ideology that teaches how God wants us to live not how we want to live.

If you can't stand for something you will fall for anything

I stand for ISLAM

BTW Is the woman in the picture below also protecting herself from desert winds?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by yemmy75(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2016
Akanbiedu:

Epic!
What is epic? The foolishness of the comparison??

If you lived in the affected areas, having life would have meant more to you than wearing a particular piece of clothing

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Basic123: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2016
this woman would have been harassed too.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by skyface00(m): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Some people will always look for excuses to twist the truth. No matter how you correct them, they just won't listen; so I keep distance.

Who created Islam, he's the one protecting it, he has beautify it and nobody can destroy it.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by MisterGrace: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, it is against the right of wearers of hijab to ban their veil. It is an established fact that the hijab is worn through the personal choice of the wearer even if it is religiously influenced. As such, it falls under the right to personal liberty. Hijab can't be banned except the government can prove that their is a correlation between Hijab and suicide bombing...this will be pretty difficult.

Your hate for this APC government is overwhelming. The move to ban hijab temporarily is for your own good.
Nobody is hating, infringing on or descriminating against Muslim folks especially hijab wearers.

Why are you trying to twist things?

I'm so sure that you have read countless in the papers how suicide bombers conceal strapped bombs with the aid of hijab, yet you want to instigate Muslims against this development anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by bobchigar(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, it is against the right of wearers of hijab to ban their veil. It is an established fact that the hijab is worn through the personal choice of the wearer even if it is religiously influenced. As such, it falls under the right to personal liberty. Hijab can't be banned except the government can prove that their is a correlation between Hijab and suicide bombing...this will be pretty difficult.

Thank you. In addition to this, Boko Haram are wearing soldiers uniform to attack and kill people. In this case can we ban soldiers uniform? If soldiers uniforms can not be banned, we can not ban Hijab

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by mztakayswitch3(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
Key words

*forcefully
*stop
*harass

Being a Muslim is not a sin
cudnt save d attachment in ur post we're cud I gt d pix
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by deeLima86(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Aminat508:
Nice one kiss

Just because you sound like a Muslim. There is nothing nice about comparing the use of car and that of hijab undecided
Pls lets be rational.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Basic123: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2016
I love islam.the religion of jesus christ.May peace be upon him and his mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Eronmosele:

Excellent contribution! Because you have seen someone in agbada blow himself up in the name of religion abi? Keep it up, you are doing well. My prayer for you is that the next hijab suicide bomber does not locate you and your family.

My prayer for you too is the next suicide bomber in a Toyota Sienna does not locate you and your family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by kay29000(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2016
mars123:

Don't mind the guy. This PDP followers will never support anything this government does. Can you imagine what the guy is insinuating? Common sense has gone with the wind.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by mars123(m): 11:13am On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

please boko haram attacks in the north affects not only northerners but all Nigerians, hope you know that? if it means banning the pant and bra to stop suicide bombings, I support it. tnk u.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 10, 2016
Provided bombs are only been dropped in the northern region ,they can wear d hijab till thou kingdom come...it doesn't concern me....
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Basic123: 11:14am On Jan 10, 2016
Basic123:
this woman would have been harassed too.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by deeLima86(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
it does nt

It doesn't make any common sense at all.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by igboboy3(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2016
Why don't muslims wear the shorter hijab? The smart one that just covers the head and doesn't leave the wearer looking like BatMan. It seems only the elite Muslims in Nigeria and the ones I see in Abu Dhabi know how to dress like that. Even the Muslim females of the British police wear smart tucked-in hijabs.

The problem started in France when women started wearing those full body cloaks that prevent anybody from seeing anything but their eyes. In this era of radical islamic terrorism, you can't blame people for feeling unsafe around them.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 10, 2016
ysadiq:
my brother does that mean if an evil is carried out with khaki. is banning it nw the solution to such problem, pls let us see dis from the right side.

The hijab Muslim ladies wear that is short is very decent. I am a christain and that's the one my girl friend wears cos she a muslim. That long one is very scary. We should calm down a little on our religion until this issue of terrorism subsides. You made a good point But we need to bend a little esp in the north East

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / EFCC Arrests Willie Obiano At Lagos Airport / Vandefan Tersugh: It Raises Suspicion For A 20 - 30 Year-Old To Have N7m Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.