Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,784 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle (80479 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Remove Bombs From Damaturu-biu Road / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by izikjon(m): 10:37am On Jan 10, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
That is the effect of using religion to perpetrate evil. I urge the security officer to be gentle with the alhajas
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by godoluwa(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?
D comparison makes no sense

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by AdisaGaniyu(f): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2016
I pray make this issue not lead to Religion Crisis

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by IBROHIM: 10:40am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:
This issue will bring problem in Nigeria.

My little understanding from reading is that it is a borrowed culture from other parts of the the world particularly the desert areas where "sand and dust storms" are prevalent as a way of protecting the face and body. I beleive that there are appropriate ways a Muslim lady can dress that can cover the body properly. We should not encourage extremism in the guise of religion.
young understood what you wanted to understand! It's their right to where Hijab
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Millz404(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2016
dem be like ninja
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44am On Jan 10, 2016
godoluwa:
D comparison makes no sense
That depends on your own perspective.

But it absolutely does

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by scachy(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

My little understanding from reading is that it is a borrowed culture from other parts of the the world particularly the desert areas where "sand and dust storms" are prevalent as a way of protecting the face and body. I beleive that there are appropriate ways a Muslim lady can dress that can cover the body properly. We should not encourage extremism in the guise of religion.

Like the way Muslim ladies from Elite class dresses. PMB daughter is a reference point.

It's only poor /average Muslim ladies that cover their faces like masquerades.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by tsdarkside(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

pahh...nigeria is at war...........if the suicide bombings stop,then we will stop identifying dem directly.....soo long suicide bombings doesnt stop,we can only say "we are sorry,in advance"......
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Mbediogu(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=ysadiq post=41835811] my brother does that mean if an evil is carried out with khaki. is banning it nw
m

The ban is ok now but must not exist an hour longer after elimination of BH wahala.
During an insurgency period such forgoable
rights can be respectfully infringed. Our moslem brothers and sister unfortunately have to go it alone in the interest of national
interest. We do not want a post insurgency religious upheaval anywhere in our country.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Aminat508(f): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as the car is useful to users of motor vehicle, so is the hijab is useful to its wearers. Saying 80% of suicide bombers are on hijab doesn't prove that the ban of hijab will end terrorism/suicide bombing. It also does not prove that hijack aid suicide bombing.

As for cars, the Abuja Police Headquarter suicide bombing(2012) was done with a car. The UN bombing also with a car. The recent Iyanya bombing in Abuja was also with a car. The bombs are transported through cars and other vehicles. Boko Haram move around with cars. So should usage of cars be banned?
Nice one kiss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by almujeebe(m): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2016
tonytony208:

What else does the government have to prove? Haven't there been cases of female suicide bombers hiding IED under hijab? Or where have you been in the past couple of years? Nigeria or space?

And BH are using Hilux van, why can't goverment ban using of Hilux van in Nigeria?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by godoluwa(m): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That depends on your own perspective.

But it absolutely does
yeah, IMO.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by akinz4: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
You are very senseless for saying Ijab wearing is a borrowed culture! I pitied you. How could you say that. It is Allah (S.W.T) Injunction in our Noble Quaran for the Muslim women to do that. Not your imagination from Asian country because of sound. Maybe because your religion has no guild as ours! Islam is a Way of Life. Be warned! You people will cos problem with what you are just trying to do.
ENEMY OF ISLAM -

My little understanding from reading is that it is a borrowed culture from other parts of the the world particularly the desert areas where "sand and dust storms" are prevalent as a way of protecting the face and body. I beleive that there are appropriate ways a Muslim lady can dress that can cover the body properly. We should not encourage extremism in the guise of religion. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Etizz: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2016
Has it been made official to ban hijab?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by freedom96: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

It's not a borrowed culture,it is in the Qur'an.If from ur "little understanding" u found out that it's used to protect face and body from dust,how did u then come up with the conclusion of hijab being part of extremism?Your assertion is flawed and hypocritical.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Femite74(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Lagbaja is in big trouble!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by zigalo(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2016
what if they just came back from sambisa rotation and have witnessed their colleagues being killed by an hijab wearing sucide bomber.

They might be acting out of anger and frustration

duullie88:
Who send dem...dia mate dey sambisa(BH), dem go dey do anyhow

Wen boko haram and armed robbers bin dey wear millitary uniform, y dem no ban am
Dey can't ban hijab its just impossible...so make dem face more realistic problems

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by flokii: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as the car is useful to users of motor vehicle, so is the hijab is useful to its wearers. Saying 80% of suicide bombers are on hijab doesn't prove that the ban of hijab will end terrorism/suicide bombing. It also does not prove that hijack aid suicide bombing.

As for cars, the Abuja Police Headquarter suicide bombing(2012) was done with a car. The UN bombing also with a car. The recent Iyanya bombing in Abuja was also with a car. The bombs are transported through cars and other vehicles. Boko Haram move around with cars. So should usage of cars be banned?

I actually feel it should be banned... at least for a while

cars and hijabs are two diff. things entirely... we have bomb detectors and other security measures in place to tackle that (minimal damage expected)

buh d women with hijabs on the other hand move freely, and won't want to be harased or searched by the security operatives...
moreover the increase in female child suicide bombers using hijabs warrants it....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by tsdarkside(m): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2016
Aminat508:
Nice one kiss

abegi...this is security for you too......me,i personaly dont care who is under a hijab,i have other things to think about beside women...

women are not my highest priority of thinking...the terrorists are using your good tradition to harm people.......

the best way to provent suicide bombings is,everybody know everybody.,,

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Mpanyi: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2016
Mischievous post. No need reading it.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by geesilver(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2016
tonytony208:

What else does the government have to prove? Haven't there been cases of female suicide bombers hiding IED under hijab? Or where have you been in the past couple of years? Nigeria or space?
What happen when the boko boys uses military uniform to perpetrate their evil. Should the uniform be ban too? Pls answer this.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Basic123: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

**** who are You to decide what is extreme in islam.I wouldnt blame you,when the promoters of the "most beautiful pussy beauty pegeant" share the same faith with you.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by mikki123(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Personally if i'm the President of Nigeria i will suspend the use of HIJAB... With the consent of people involved though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by APCsupporter: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2016
SirJeffry:
And so? Why the fuss? Since those that perpetrate the act of suicide bombings hide under the cover of hijab, soldiers removing them isn't a bad but precautionary measure.undecided
And boko haram that wear camo nko? Does it mean that camos should be banned?

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Shehucom:
I believe the soldiers over stepped their bounds, if this had happened in maiduguri then I may not fault them, but in Lagos? they should just v asked them to remove it politely if need be, why use force on harmless citizens?
like d boko guys are polite......or have u seen boko haram politely begging occupant of an area to evacuate or dey bomb?or have u seen dem kidnap politely? #leavetrashforlawma

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Wolfbrother(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Some "open minded people" will defend the long hijab until one of their loved ones becomes a victim... I don't advocate for human rights abuse but if it constitutes a valid security threat it should no doubt be banned without a moments thought, you can dress very modestly without looking like a masquerade.

11 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by andyanders: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2016
SirJeffry:
And so? Why the fuss? Since those that perpetrate the act of suicide bombings hide under the cover of hijab, soldiers removing them isn't a bad but precautionary measure.undecided

In fact, that is there life hence they are experiencing what they see in the Northern part of the country. It was a way to help save them from those who are using that mode of dressing to kill innocent people hence the need to let them save themselves.If they want to be wearing it and at the same time dying through the use, no problem.

It was just a precautionary measure to save people or them, from been killed by those who hide under the dress to go to mosques or market areas to kill innocent people.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Basic123: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2016
I am waiting for when Agbada and Nun head cover will be ban too.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Ramos16(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, it is against the right of wearers of hijab to ban their veil. It is an established fact that the hijab is worn through the personal choice of the wearer even if it is religiously influenced. As such, it falls under the right to personal liberty. Hijab can't be banned except the government can prove that their is a correlation between Hijab and suicide bombing...this will be pretty difficult.

you just said a whole lot of bleeping rubbish..... If the government can ban you from giving birth to more than 1 kid, what will stop them from making you not wear a particular clothing. Anything can be banned, even you can be banned.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by mohammedmagnus: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:

lol..... is that the logic your using...... your skirt and jeans are from the western culture then.... we are free to be influenced by any culture we want..... and to my muslim brothers its not every time we engage in conversations and arguments with non Muslims especially using the Quran ...... if they bring logic let's show them how foolish their logic is too by counteracting it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Basic123: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
I am waiting for when Agbada and catholic Nun head cover will be ban too.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by marked10(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
abi make them no do their job? When she detonate her own bomber now, una head go straight.

Some people are really insane. How can one compare hijab with car? It may interest you to know that that dressing code for Muslims started because of the harshness of the deserts, that is all.

were i agree with you that it has become a religious thing, but for God sakes, if their is evidence that this suicide bombers hide their bomb and proclaim their innocence by wearing that hijab or whatever, then, it should be banned.

You can ban Army Kaki cus sometimes boko boys use it to perpetuate their acts - Is the symbol of Nigeria and the world.
You can ban cars because they use it to move around. - It will cripple the society and who go come buy fuel? gov. will fall yekata
But you sure can ban Hijab - i mean what is the down side? Muslim women will stop being faithful? Cus that's what they claim the hijab is for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Vandefan Tersugh: It Raises Suspicion For A 20 - 30 Year-Old To Have N7m Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.