Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,323 members, 7,867,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! (29921 Views)

Plans By Militants To Attack Soldiers, Others In Niger Delta Exposed / Ijaws Flee Lagos And Ogun For Fear Of ROPC Attack / The Real Owners Of Oil Blocks In The Niger-Delta Exposed...(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Ugomba(m): 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
SupremeXYZ:
I double dare him to come here and spew this his useless trash.
the fool want to sow an Igbophobic enemity in SS using false accusations.
- thats why he keep using "The SS" to express his tactics, He forgot that we Delta North people are part of SS.
I heard that he wants to decamp to APC soon.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by iconize(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
phantom:
lets face it........ until a few years ago,the kalabari and okirika refused to be associated with the larger izon nation.
i remember as a child growing up in PH, the kalabaris,wakirike and the opobo/andoni/bonny people saw themselves as distinct groups.
forget the whole politics they are playing with it now because they have all realized that their numbers are soo small individually.
Even today, the ijaws in bayelsa see themselves as the real IJAW! the others are hybrids..... grin grin grin grin

Kalabari is sure a distinct ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Kirigidi(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
hardywaltz:
If you want to see how developed the Ijaws are go to Bayelsa State where it's 100% Ijaw and u will know how lazy intellectually that tribe is.
Pls take note! Bayelsa is neva 100% Ijaw. There ar pockets of indigenous Urhobo-Isoko communities particularly in Sagbama LGA, and d Bayelsa State Govt and pipo acknowledgd dat! Even d Bayelsa State Commissioner of Works, Mr Ewhrujakpor is an Urhobo-Isoko man.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by jamesversion: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Bros I dey fine o.

As for the Kalabaris we know our history, how we migrated and spread (not necessarily in this order) elem kalabari/new shipping port, obu amafa,, Cawthon Channel etc. We have records of our wars with the Nembes, Okrikas, Ibanis. I know these stories. We have historians who have worked on our ancestry and our origin. We are very well educated and have been so for long holding key roles in all levels of government and entrepreneurship. When we say we are Ijaws we say so due to evidence from reports, stories, records, language, norms, rites, culture and traditional similarities which are there for all to see.

How can I answer this question on behalf of the Ikwerres? I am not Ikwerrre. I cannot feel how the Ikwerres feel. I am Kalabari (Salt Water) Ijaw, from the Eastern Ijaw Axis. This question will be left for the Ikwerres to answer. They will best answer this question. No one should help them or assist them in determining who they want to be associated with. The Ikwerres have their leaders, their elders, their chiefs, their dibias, their Ezes. Let them decide on their own based on facts, their ancestry etc. There are various yard sticks they can apply in determining if they want to be considered Ibos or not. BUT ONLY THE IKWERRES WILL DETERMINE THIS ON THEIR OWN. FORCE IT ON THEM AND YOU WILL SEE ANOTHER BIAFRA WITHIN BIAFRA. THEY MUST NEVER BE FORCED TO BELONG TO ANY GROUP THEY DO NOT WANT TO BELONG TO. I REPEAT, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER BIAFRA WITHIN BIAFRA

The PH ownership issue is not about all of Port Harcourt. It is concentrated on the water fronts I think. Not the whole Port Harcourt city. The Okrikas for instance cannot claim Rumuokoro, Rumuola etc. I have little facts available at my disposal to conclude if these areas/water fronts (Marine base, Ogunabali, etc) belong to the Ikwerres or the Krikeses. Some water fronts like Iwofe etc used to be trading places where riverine communities met with ''up-land'' communities for commerce and trade. But I have limited facts to conclude on this matter.

The degema man doesn't see himself as Kalabari, the Ijaw man in brass doesn't consider Kalabaris true Ijaws. Almost everyone seeks self recognition.

Ikwerre has always maintained to be a distinct group. They deserve to be addressed as they have chosen for themselves.

on the PH issue, why i asked you is becos a Kalabari man (though affiliated to Okrika by culture and language) is a truthful and peaceloving man. So your submission is considered fair and largely unbiased.

The Ikwerres see themselves the true ancestral owners of the area called Port Harcourt ie areas consisting of PH Wharf, marine base, Railway Terminal, Town and even borikiri(some claimed that as recently as 1970, comprehensive sec sch in borikiri was the last building in borikiri, the rest was uninhabited swampland). The Ijaw area were only Abuloma, Amadi-ama was just a recent town founded on Npogwu and Ogbunabli waterfronts.

it will be better this situation is resolved amicably without any party feeling hard done. We need peace and prosperity.
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
jamesversion:

Please can you back up this statement with a scanned copy. The Okrika chiefs claimed the same thing when the waterfront saga with Amaechi was at fever pitch, but they never produced any document.
Not even the Rebisi(Ikwerre) people refuted this. Who are you to demand for it? It is a private document of Okrika and Ijaw people
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
jamesversion:

[s]The degema man doesn't see himself as Kalabari, the Ijaw man in brass doesn't consider Kalabaris true Ijaws. Almost everyone seeks self recognition.

Ikwerre has always maintained to be a distinct group. They deserve to be addressed as they have chosen for themselves.

on the PH issue, why i asked you is becos a Kalabari man (though affiliated to Okrika by culture and language) is a truthful and peaceloving man. So your submission is considered fair and largely unbiased.

The Ikwerres see themselves the true ancestral owners of the area called Port Harcourt ie areas consisting of PH Wharf, marine base, Railway Terminal, Town and even borikiri(some claimed that as recently as 1970, comprehensive sec sch in borikiri was the last building in borikiri, the rest was uninhabited swampland). The Ijaw area were only Abuloma, Amadi-ama was just a recent town founded on Npogwu and Ogbunabli waterfronts.

it will be better this situation is resolved amicably without any party feeling hard done. We need peace and prosperity[/s].
You are NOT Ijaw and will never be. You are not even from South South yet you guys are always interested in Ijaw affair. The Kalabari man has told you that he is Ijaw, you are here talking thrash. Degema is Kalabari and is Ijaw. You can quote me anywhere.

As an Okrikan, my Aunt(father's younger sister) is married to a Kalabari man, my cousins are Kalabari and we are all Ijaw 100%. This your attempt to enter Ijaws because of jealousy and envy will never come to light. Ijaw is Ijaw whether Apoi or Brass.

As for PH, we don't need the opinion of an outsider. We(Okrika and Rebisi) will always sort ourselves out. We don't need the advice of an Ibo outsider that only seek what to 'gain'.

Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Abagworo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Eastlink:
Abagworo shey you know the gbege this your post is liable to cause. Lol!

Truth usually stirs controversy but that is the truth. My view on Igbos being in Rivers isn't different.
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by lordonwils(m): 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
If I say some Igbos are threatened by the blessed Ijaw group, some people will call me "hater". This is one reason I will always side my people that Biafra is a wicked project aimed first at targting the Ijaws, and later other ethnic groups.

Let us address this issue:

1. At no time did ANY Ijaw leader in the old Rivers state tell anyone that Rivers state is for Ijaws. It is a fact that since the creation of Old Rivers state, elections into office of Governor was held only Three times. The first was in 1979 and was won by Melford Okilo, an Ijawman. The Buhari December 1983 coup means Okilo couldn't stay more than 4years in office. The secord was in 1983 but winners didn't stay more than two months before Buhari struck. The third was in 1991 and was won by Ada George, an Ijawman from Okrika. Ada George only stayed for 20nmonths before he was kicked out by Abacha in 1994. In total, Ijaws only spent 5years and 20months in government house in PH in the old Rivers state prior to Bayelsa creation.

2. Since the creation of the New Rivers state, Ijaws had a gentleman agreement with others that the uplanders produce the Governor in 1998. Odili, an Ndoni man was supported by the whole state. After staying for 8years, the Ikwerre made case for themselves. The Ijaws never opposed, we supported Omehia(2007) and Amaechi 2011 even against our own sons like Abiye Sekibo and Tonye Princewill from Okrika and Kalabari respectively. In 2015, the Ijaws(like me) are even in support of Wike(Ikwerre) more than fellow Ijaw(Peterside and Princewill). And someone call that domination?

Since 1999, the Ijaws have settled for Deputy Governors despite our spread and population. Our votes have never been divided. We believe in brotherly Rivers. Is that Dominance?

3. The so-called Portharcourt city did not start with Obi Wali. In fact, portharcourt as a city is sharply divided between Rebisi(Ikwerre) and Okrika(Ijaw).

4. While the OP tried to paint it like Ijaws killed Obi Wali, the truth is that Obi Wali was said to be killed by his own wife(an Ikwerre woman) in alliance with his political foes, Odili was fingered. Is Odili an Ijawman? This was said by Obi Wali's brother before Oputa panel in 2001.

Lies can never take the form of truth!
well said brother!! ehh but Obi wali's wife is Etche not Ikwerre..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by MrAnalyst: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is getting really serious.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Abagworo(m): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You are NOT Ijaw and will never be. You are not even from South South yet you guys are always interested in Ijaw affair. The Kalabari man has told you that he is Ijaw, you are here talking thrash. Degema is Kalabari and is Ijaw. You can quote me anywhere.

As an Okrikan, my Aunt(father's younger sister) is married to a Kalabari man, my cousins are Kalabari and we are all Ijaw 100%. This your attempt to enter Ijaws because of jealousy and envy will never come to light. Ijaw is Ijaw whether Apoi or Brass.

As for PH, we don't need the opinion of an outsider. We(Okrika and Rebisi) will always sort ourselves out. We don't need the advice of an Ibo outsider that only seek what to 'gain'.

Thanks

Port Harcourt is simply Ikwerre 95% and it keeps expanding. by the time it joins Igwuruta, it will be 98%.
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by LMFashions: 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Obollo and Eastern Ibeno are Ijaw groups. They are related to the Andonis. The oil rivers state opposition came from Ibibios because they fear that it will make Akwa Ibom lose their status as oil producing state. That they speak a dialect relating with Ibibio don't make them Ibibio. We have Ijaws in Ondo that speak a language relating with Yorubas, it doesn't make them Yorubas. Edwin Clark speak a language that has semblance with Urhobo, it doesn't make them Urhobo. This issue has been thrashed out last year. Obollos and Eastern Ibeno people even on this forum backed it. I understand the opposition from Ibibios nontheless.
www.nairaland.com/1858615/creation-oil-river-state-akwa-ibom

Please, take note sir! I don't have problem whether or not they remain in Akwa Ibom, but nobody can change who they are.

Olodo and hypocrite
The SE Igbos have no problem that our Igbo brothers are in SS but nobody can change who they are.

Hope you still remember there are no Ijaw outside Bayelsa. If you are Ijaw in Rivers, you are a migrant.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
lordonwils:
well said brother!! ehh but Obi wali's wife is Etche not Ikwerre..
Thank you jare... I have to put an end to the lie. I won't be surprised to hearr tomorrow that Ijaws killed Saro Wiwa
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Port Harcourt is simply Ikwerre 95% and it keeps expanding. by the time it joins Igwuruta, it will be 98%.
P/H joining Igwuruta may put a final nail on the so-called Ijaw ownership of the city. This was Amaechi's plan all along - to connect greater P/H to the corridors of Igboland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Ugomba(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank you jare... I have to put an end to the lie. I won't be surprised to hearr tomorrow that Ijaws killed Saro Wiwa
I have a thread on this particular issue coming up and its backed up with Facts and Pure Evidences..
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ugomba:
I have a thread on this particular issue coming up and its backed up with Facts and Pure Evidences..
Na wa for u. Ugomba the fact finder.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by jamesversion: 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks

i dnt remember quoting you on this post your replying.

Sincerely you sounded like someone who is nervous. this is a forum for education and enlightenment. How did you arrive that im Igbo and how do you know i have something to gain.

like i quoted you earlier, pls post the document where Okrika signed their ancestral land for the building of PH wharf or atleast share a link so i can download it.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by cynosure489: 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Its a shame what the Nigerian youth has become in thoughts.
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Ugomba(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
jamesversion:

i dnt remember quoting you on this post your replying.

Sincerely you sounded like someone who is nervous. this is a forum for education and enlightenment. How did you arrive that im Igbo and how do you know i have something to gain.

like i quoted you earlier, pls post the document where Okrika signed their ancestral land for the building of PH wharf or atleast share a link so i can download it.
LWKMD.. So The guy don become nervous. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
jamesversion:

[s]i dnt remember quoting you on this post your replying.

like i quoted you earlier, pls post the document where Okrika signed their ancestral land for the building of PH wharf or atleast share a link so i can download it.[/s]
Whatever! PH issue is that between Okrika(Ijaws) and Rebisi(Ikwerre). We are on a workable solution for now and we don't need any outsider with wicked and selfish motive to come in.

*As for the document, it is a private material. Only a fool will make it public to someone that has no real interest but selfish interest. You should keep waiting for the document*

There is a dispute between Aguleri and Igala in Anambra, I'm sure your people will need you there!

Thank you!
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
I still feel for good Ijaws like DearPreye. They surely don't deserve all this mudslingling the likes of Barcanista and Truckpusher have dragged their ethnic group into. However, someone needs to shut the mouth of Barcanista for once. Coming out here on nairaland and debunking the existence of aboriginal Igbos of South/South origin is an insult taken to far.
Our people say, a man who wants to dance the footstep of surugede, should know that surugede is the dance of the spirit. Tonye have continously courted surugede, so he hould get ready to dance the dance of the spirits.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by HopeAtHand: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
This thread still dey alive. Na wao, today sunday service rily got an effect on me, else Na dis kind thread i dey explode like bomb

Please Ijaw has no agenda other than furthering their interest in the Nigerian federation.. Every other tribe has/should have the same agenda. Any tribe who has failed to propagate its interest in this country is on a long thing.

Mah help Tonyebarcanista, although we still dey drag PH ownership sha. lipsrsealed
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by coolscott(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
cheruv:

Issues like land grabbing grin
[size=13pt]Like which land please? Can you mention just one?[/size]
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by HopeAtHand: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Chiwude:
I still feel for good Ijaws like DearPreye. They surely don't deserve all this mudslingling the likes of Barcanista and Truckpusher have dragged their ethnic group into. However, someone needs to shut the mouth of Barcanista for once. Coming out here on nairaland and debunking the existence of aboriginal Igbos of South/South origin is an insult taken to far.
Our people say, a man who wants to dance the footstep of surugede, should know that surugede is the dance of the spirit. Tonye have continously courted surugede, so he hould get ready to dance the dance of the spirits.

Guy, no put your mouth for Rivers state matter. Learn to comport yourself and restrain yourself to issues concerning your SoR or SEast at best.

You and your fellows carry Ikwerre matter for head, the question is "who send you message". Guy, take a chill and mind your business.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by coolscott(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Obollo and Eastern Ibeno are Ijaw groups. They are related to the Andonis. The oil rivers state opposition came from Ibibios because they fear that it will make Akwa Ibom lose their status as oil producing state. That they speak a dialect relating with Ibibio don't make them Ibibio. We have Ijaws in Ondo that speak a language relating with Yorubas, it doesn't make them Yorubas. Edwin Clark speak a language that has semblance with Urhobo, it doesn't make them Urhobo. This issue has been thrashed out last year. Obollos and Eastern Ibeno people even on this forum backed it. I understand the opposition from Ibibios nontheless.
www.nairaland.com/1858615/creation-oil-river-state-akwa-ibom

Please, take note sir! I don't have problem whether or not they remain in Akwa Ibom, but nobody can change who they are.

[size=13pt]I see. I do not know much about Obollo and Eastern Ibeno. Note taken[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Guy, no put your mouth for Rivers state matter. Learn to comport yourself and restrain yourself to issues concerning your SoR or SEast at best.

You and your fellows carry Ikwerre matter for head, the question is "who send you message". Guy, take a chill and mind your business.
Wetin concern us with Emohua matter. You speak only for your enclave and not the larger Ikwerre tribe, that was one statement I picked from Ezepromoe. As long as nde Igwuruta, Elele, Isiokpo, Ndoni, Egbema, Anioma, Etche, Oyigbo and other folks still regard us as their brothers, what concerns them concerns us and what concerns us concerns them too. Tell me again who ran to Zik and Ukiwe for help, if not them. So stick to your little Emohua, while we mind our own business.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:
This thread still dey alive. Na wao, today sunday service rily got an effect on me, else Na dis kind thread i dey explode like bomb

Please Ijaw has no agenda other than furthering their interest in the Nigerian federation.. Every other tribe has/should have the same agenda. Any tribe who has failed to propagate its interest in this country is on a long thing.

Mah help Tonyebarcanista, although we still dey drag PH ownership sha. lipsrsealed
Abeg we go settle PHC issue amicably when the time come. For now, let's enjoy d political solution that we have
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by HopeAtHand: 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Chiwude:
Wetin concern us with Emohua matter. As long as nde Igwuruta, Elele, Isiokpo, Ndoni, Egbema, Anioma, Etche, Oyigbo and other folks still regard us as their brothers, what concerns them concerns us and what concerns us concerns them too. Tell me again who ran to Zik and Ukiwe for help, if not them. So stick to your little Emohua, while we mind our own business.

They ran to you for help, looooooolzzz. Igbos who cannot help themselves helping others. Soon u'll say u helped the Ikwerres to be recognised by the Nigerian constitution.

U know you can only talk on NL, you knw u cant affect the situation of things in Rivers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]I see. I do not know much about Obollo and Eastern Ibeno. Note taken[/size]
Welcome my Oga mi! That thing wey you say I go de get from January nko?
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by Abagworo(m): 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
coolscott:

My friend married Obollo lady from Andoni and the history points more to Cameroun than Ijaw. Barcanista does not know much even about the Okrika he claims. Is Abuloma Okrika? I can get an Abuloma guy on Nairaland to challenge Barcanista on the distinctness of Abuloma people and language.

Rivers is a highly multi ethnic State with Ikwerre being the single largest ethnic group.
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Chiwude:
Wetin concern us with Emohua matter. You speak only for your enclave and not the larger Ikwerre tribe, that was one statement I picked from Ezepromoe. As long as nde Igwuruta, Elele, Isiokpo, Ndoni, Egbema, Anioma, Etche, Oyigbo and other folks still regard us as their brothers, what concerns them concerns us and what concerns us concerns them too. Tell me again who ran to Zik and Ukiwe for help, if not them. So stick to your little Emohua, while we mind our own business.
Who run to yeye Zik? Who was the Ikwerreman that ran to Ukiwe?
Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by DaBullIT(m): 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
cheruv:

Whats a Yoruba doing on an Igbo/Ijo thread?

What's a Igbo doing on Yoruba forum

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! by HopeAtHand: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Abagworo:

My friend married Obollo lady from Andoni and the history points more to Cameroun than Ijaw. Barcanista does not know much even about the Okrika he claims. Is Abuloma Okrika? I can get an Abuloma guy on Nairaland to challenge Barcanista on the distinctness of Abuloma people and language.

As an Ikwerreman, what another tribe/ethnicity choose to be adressed as is supported by me. I heard Amadi-ama now prefers to be adressed as Amadi-ama, Degema the same thing and eleme aswell. I will adress them as they so choose but it doesnt prevent Degema and Amadi-ama from being Ijoid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / "I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Ibrahim Idris Arrives Dubai In Style. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.