Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

FG To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove State Of Origin (61775 Views)

Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin / Federal-government-to-remove-state-of-origin-vice-presiden / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by ify84(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nonsense, still talking We Will, we will, we will.... Which of the 'we will' have they fulfilled so far...

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Hygist1: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
that is absolute unity
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Na now federal government get sense
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by olas24u(f): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
PRYCE:
Perfect! Just perfect!

As much as I support this, Nigeria is too fragile for this!... Our various ethnic groups can't even stand each other... how do they hope to make it work?

Cos this means A Northerner can go become a governor in the east, an easterner in the west, A westerner in the north and so on!

Tribalism will so increase cos peoples will now have this zeal to look out for their tribesmen if they feel they are being Dominated "in their own land"!

Integration is a gradual process and this is a welcome development that can unite our country.Next step is language and marriage,every Nigerian should be able to speak 1 out of the 3 major languages and i should be able to marry any man from any part of Nigeria ,we can do this by breaking the cultural barriers.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Vongsama(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wait until hausa folks join d police, millitary, airforce, navy, custom, immigration, civil defence and other FG work all over the federation taking the allocation for even yoruba and igbo states including the north which no one from SS, SE or SW will dare contest for before u applaud the policy. I can't believe this Daura Fulani man is playing ma VP the prof n SAN. Making him spearheard the robbery of his own people while gladly doing so. Yemi Osibanjo wise up and stop being a f00l that u are not

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Reference(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Very good idea.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Chinom(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is long overdue. However, talk is cheap. They should implement it asap. State of Origin should not be discarded completely. State of origin should be your state of birth. Where you were born. Your ancestral place of origin will forever remain intact. We can always deduce that from your surname, when possible. That, like your religion should be a personal matter and not an issue for the state of federal government.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by marked10(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Rubbish. Don't get me wrong though but all i mean is that it will never stop anything

Once you mention your name ni, you don become omo ibo, or omo yoruba or, malam

so make them forget matter for matias and dirty for lawma

this country cannot unite in anyway no matter how you try. question is, why not allow people that wants to be independent go?

are we still animals? Guess that what human beings are anyway

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Ayodeji2k14: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
It canot work. D state of origin wil always come out in d names
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by philsss(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
brunofarad:
Whoever thought of this Is a Wiseman

I see hope
How can everyone live anywhere in Nigeria when we all know the Hausa man does not agree with the Igbo man... I have never seen where a northern core hausa marry an Igbo person.. I suggest Fed govt find a way of integrating these 2 tribes first.. This is very important..
Visit my site
www.gistnigerians.com for more of such news on entertainment, politics, sports etc

In other news

Started from the bottom
Now we are here
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by xerxes456(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
A journey of 1million miles begins with a step, this is one great step in the best direction of a great and one nation...
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Good move! Live in a state for a year, you pay taxes, nothing should stop u from becoming a resident. Live there for about a number of years(this is dependent on states), you may run for an elective post. But the reality is, Nigerians generally will not let it come to light, we are still light years away from getting it right. All the best, when you all WILL.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by oweman: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=segsxpendable post=41843320]only if some people(Biafrans) can agree to this....[/quote

]I just hope by then biafrauds would have gone so Nigerians can live in peace and a crimeless society for all I care .

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by emerged01(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is a big joke.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
One step to the final eradication of tribalism from citizens' mindset.
Get ready everyone, this means an end of the year SIM re-registration from MTN.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by KELVINXY: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
that statement was made over a year ago
part of the so called "change agenda"
that we are yet to see undecided
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by MathsChic(f): 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
PRYCE:
Perfect! Just perfect!

As much as I support this, Nigeria is too fragile for this!... Our various ethnic groups can't even stand each other... how do they hope to make it work?

Cos this means A Northerner can go become a governor in the east, an easterner in the west, A westerner in the north and so on!

Tribalism will so increase cos peoples will now have this zeal to look out for their tribesmen if they feel they are being Dominated "in their own land"!
Until Nigeria makes people like you sound like Pamela Geller and her likes, we certainly still have a long way to go.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by ToyinDipo(m): 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is fundamentally wrong. If you want to kick against tribalism (if at all it's possible), you start from the basis. I'm not necessarily being tribal, but I'm a Yoruba first, before I'm a Nigerian. That's fact, and no one can take that identity away from me. It's a pity that the colonial masters formed Nigeria (African countries) the way they did, grouping major tribes(people with different identities) together. Though we've got to live with that. This is not so in most western countries. That's why we hardly here of tribal unrest among them. If western countries were formed like we have in Spain and such, they will also be singing the same song we sing in Africa. Left to me tribalism can't be ended, same with racism, this act will only create an avenue where tornado meets with volcano.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by wokomabest(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
This may or might cause untimely or sudden death to some People in Nigeria.why? did somebody ask me why? Let me tell you. there are some tribes in this country that are very diabolic.Example; I have an aunty that was working for “park n shop” and she was tranfered from port harcourt to Lagos to take over from somebody and withen two days of resumption she got STROKE and she came back to port harcourt and became very well and swear not to step foot on that Lagos office again.she is hale and healthy today.if this happens to be state ministry as Perm Sec or DG. Maybe na death sentence.how can this work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by InvertedHammer: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
/
It is a very good start.

But ethnic bigots do not care about state of origin.

Who do you think PMB will select from the following: Taiwo Kayode, Usman Bello, Emeka Okeke ?

\
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by uchennamani(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
pixtuk:
even if it is removed it wouldn't stop any thing because most of our surnames are tribal names!

But why is there so much height difference between presido and his vice?
yes. But it would go a long way in uniting the various disparate ethnic groups that make up the federal republic of Nigeria. I see hope on the horizon; Nigeria shall be great again. Lets support the government of Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
It changes nothing because Mohammmed is different from Chukwudi. The surname will fish you out!
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by ZUBY77(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is good for integration.
But is this not supposed to be discussed in the senate?

What about respect for religion?
That should be addressed too because the animals won't stop killing others...
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Izumarock70(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
It can't work. We Biafrans will resist it with all effort
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Lionsclaw: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
brunofarad:
Whoever thought of this Is a Wiseman

I see hope

In other news

I choose to think outside the box
I think
I create
The rest is applause

Started from the bottom
Now we are here
No there is no wisdom here. It is what you get when a dreamer wants to achieve his dream without doing the necessary work.

This is the last thing to do when there is job everywhere that is when the demands for job has balanced the supply. Otherwise the guy living in sokoto will write living in lagos when applying for job put his uncles house address and befor u know it lagos must produce job cos everyone resides there

Tell buhari to stabilize the economy and provide enough jobs first. It is shi.t for the govt to come up with such idea at this time. Its a waste of their 4yrs

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Jacko01: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Not as if der are any yorubas in d east mtschew
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Obidikejr(m): 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by discusant: 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.
#VoteChange #ChangeIsHere

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

Is this not change ladies and gentlemen?
Confab report working I think

mynd44
Lalasticlala

Yemi Osinbajo.

That's Too Late.

Southerners have been chased away from the north by Sharia criminal justice system and ensuing Boko Haram.

No country exists where people from one area of the country can't happily go to settle in another area of the country.

Today, there is no southern Nigerian who will happily go to settle anywhere in northern Nigeria.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by yonextbf: 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
But you people should check the date of that Facebook post ooooooo.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by FisifunKododada: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Izumarock70:
It can't work. We Biafrans will resist it with all effort

cool Igbos are not happy about this proposal.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by speak2me2015: 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
This can not change anything in Nigeria. Nigerian mind set will always tell the powers that be, that u are not from there. They will even use this to render federal character useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu To PEPT: Nullifying The Election Over 25% FCT Could Cause Anarchy, Chaos / People Stone Saraki At Ilorin Eid Praying Ground - Newsrescue.com / Deji Adeyanju: "Youths That Visited Aso Rock Got N2M Each"- Bashir Ahmad Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.