Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,599 members, 7,861,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

What Is Your Definition Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Definition Of Love? (2242 Views)

Hilarious Definition Of "Slay Queen" In The Urban Dictionary / Ladies, What's Your Definition Of A Handsome Man? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
In the last couple of years, I have gone for weddings (even been the bestman at some), and watch man and wife proclaim love for each other, only to end the union a few years later. I have watched boyfriend and girlfriend become worst enemies, even though they were so much "in love" at a point. So, what really is love? What is the true definition of love?

I would say love is a verb, but even at that, I won't be capturing what love truly is. Cos, if I said that loving is action, then love would become conditional.

Then it would mean love is built on the number of phone calls, gifts, trips, love making a person can give to his partner. If for some reasons beyond the person's control (prolonged sickness, bankruptcy, or old age), he or she can't do these things again, does it mean the love would then die out?

Personally, I think true love can be found somewhere along the lines of prolonged friendship. This, I think lasts longer than having super strong attraction (bordering obsession) for someone, which can, within a short period, turn to HATE.

These are just my thoughts.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by obiorathesubtle: 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
my definition of love is lots of good sex

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by midehi2(f): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
my definition of love is lots of good sex
yea great sex, respect and most especially 'UNDERSTANDING'
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Godmother(f): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Love is caring deeply for someone, knowing their faults and still accepting them while you commit to seeing them become better. It is wanting to spend time with them and being happy when you do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
midehi2:

Are you for real? Hmm! Thanks for this comment.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Olasco93: 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Every one on earth have their Defination of True Love. It varies from person to person (male and female).
What Mrs. B. calls Love is different from what Mrs. A. calls it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Godmother:
Love is caring deeply for someone, knowing their faults and still accepting them while you commit to seeing them become better. It is wanting to spend time with time and being happy when you do.

Yea, this is how I see love too.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
Love is what I Feel when a Girl with enormously Gigantic Yarnsh walks past me
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by yinkus4u2c(f): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
The definition varies with individual... But as for me, true love died with the titanic

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Justiyke4u: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
Love is affection, care, lust and jealousy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by obiorathesubtle: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
midehi2:

forget understanding! All relationships are fated to end some time, one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmm! Interesting views. Please keep them coming.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Benard94(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
I don't knw wat is love but i knw wat is not
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by midehi2(f): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
forget understanding! All relationships are fated to end some time, one way or the other.
not all relationship ends please, those who are not truthful and sincere with themselves can fit your belief...good and lasting relationship is still out there
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by midehi2(f): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
kay29000:

Are you for real? Hmm! Thanks for this comment.
sure....for real

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by obiorathesubtle: 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
midehi2:

not all relationship ends please, those who are not truthful and sincere with themselves can fit your belief...good and lasting relationship is still out there
truth and sincerity you say? Haven't you seen relationships that end because of truth and sincerity.. Now if I tell you the "truth" that I've slept with 10 women whilst we are dating and prior to the promiscuous life I've lived behind your back(which I sincerely and truthfully told you) I now have HiV/AIds.. Midehi.. Will you still remain in the relationship?
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
midehi2:

sure....for real

Okay. I have always had that in my list too, but I didn't know girls counted it too.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Dyt(f): 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
Godmother:
Love is caring deeply for someone, knowing their faults and still accepting them while you commit to seeing them become better. It is wanting to spend time with time and being happy when you do.

I love this

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Godmother(f): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
Dyt:

I love this

Thanks babes
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Godmother(f): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
kay29000:

Yea, this is how I see love too.

This one you are looking for definition of love so, is there someone you are loving? *wink* *wink*

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by midehi2(f): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
truth and sincerity you say? Haven't you seen relationships that end because of truth and sincerity.. Now if I tell you the "truth" that I've slept with 10 women whilst we are dating and prior to the promiscuous life I've lived behind your back(which I sincerely and truthfully told you) I now have HiV/AIds.. Midehi.. Will you still remain in the relationship?
no...you got me wrong, with this your story now you werent truthful and sincere from the beginning with her, how would you live a promiscuous life behind her back and expect the relationship to last hun! if you had lived a rough past before meeting her, sincerity from you to her will last, i mean truthfulness, she will even love you more for telling your rough past but if you keep on with same past,definatly she will end it.

i still maintain 'respect, understanding,truthfulness & sincerity makes a relationship last...there are other ingredients too cheesy but those are the best keys.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by obiorathesubtle: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
midehi2:

no...you got me wrong, with this your story now you werent truthful and sincere from the beginning with her, how would you live a promiscuous life behind her back and expect the relationship to last hun! if you had lived a rough past before meeting her, sincerity from you to her will last, i mean truthfulness, she will even love you more for telling your rough past but if you keep on with same past,definatly she will end it.

i still maintain 'respect, understanding,truthfulness & sincerity makes a relationship last...there are other ingredients too cheesy but those are the best keys.
Lol.. Okay.. One bottle of Baileys for making an intelligent point!

However, humans are free moral agents and a relationship will end even if those things are in excess..

If I wanted to contradict myself, I'll say The only thing that would keep a relationship is fervent determination.. If you've watched "The Notebook" you'll understand what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by adexmuhyi(m): 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
this is just the simple definition of love, ''love is when i dont have anything though with potentials, i have no recognition at all, i am not that handsome, i have no solid financial background and still Linda Ikeji says she'll die not having me as her crown" dys is the purest cuz despite all flaws ur partner will still find something valuable in u to keep him/her obssessed with u
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by midehi2(f): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Lol.. Okay.. One bottle of Baileys for making an intelligent point!

However, humans are free moral agents and a relationship will end even if those things are in excess..

If I wanted to contradict myself, I'll say The only thing that would keep a relationship is fervent determination.. If you've watched "The Notebook" you'll understand what I'm saying.
cheesy thanks for that.

yea i have watched 'The Notebook

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
Godmother:

This one you are looking for definition of love so, is there someone you are loving? *wink* *wink*

lol! Unfortunately I am still searching.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Godmother(f): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
kay29000:

lol! Unfortunately I am still searching.

Abeg search quick so you sef can come to the other side (marriage).
Its a fun experience, I tell ya!
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by lampardizik(m): 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
Godmother:
Love is caring deeply for someone, knowing their faults and still accepting them while you commit to seeing them become better. It is wanting to spend time with them and being happy when you do.

when you are in love you dont see the faults,you only start seeing them when you are falling out of love...
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by cowgirl9090: 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
lampardizik:

when you are in love you dont see the faults,you only start seeing them when you are falling out of love...
I think when it's Lust you tend not to see the faults.
but in love you see their faults and still accept them for who they are cool
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by lampardizik(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
cowgirl9090:

I think when it's Lust you tend not to see the faults.
but in love you see their faults and still accept them for who they are cool

ok ma'am whatever rocks ya boat
but i think when in love,you get hurt over and over but still stay...that doesnt mean the person has faults...maybe they just have a different standard than yours
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by Godmother(f): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
lampardizik:

You wish!
When you are inlove you will see the faults but you are more tolerant of them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by kay29000(m): 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
Godmother:

Abeg search quick so you sef can come to the other side (marriage).
Its a fun experience, I tell ya!

Hmm! That's interesting. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Am I Suppose To Do At This Junction. / Men Of Nairaland, What Makes You Feel Loved / You Can Rate My Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.