Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (33739 Views)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Socketbet: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2016
20 things to do b4 u are 30
1) discover urslf (a man @ 30 still wonderin who he is has little chance to make)
U are not respected because u av grey hair

You haven't planned ur life bro
There too many execuses dat keep ppl in 1 position
Find out the remaining 19

I luv u I need u to survive

Discover urslf

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Slickest(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Mr man, ur just came here 2 embarass urslf, if @ur age u sit back nd wait 4a job 2 com knock ur door, am sorry 2say ur not ok.

@30 u stay wit ur sister, nd ur nagging, u should b happy he's not givin his clothes 2 wash...

Ur a man, avnt u heard of d word hustle?
Or u think ur d only graduate lookin 4a job? We have millions that are way younger and brighter than u ar...wake up nigga, nd stop washing plates in ur sister's awz....

Nawa 4 som youths sha...lazy man!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2016
30 years old man you dey stay under person roof dey complain.
Do you know the meaning of landlord?
You wee nor find work, now dem give you work you complain.
Laziness ti take over.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
At 30 u are stayin with ur sister and her family..

Pray for urself bro.
.Do you need to tell Him to Pray for Himself? Because you had it easy in Life you think its like that for everyone. It's People Like you that succeed in Life and start Looking at other Poor People as Lazy

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by amtaken(f): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2016
So long as you stay in that house, irrespective of who pays the bills or who does what, you must respect your brother-in-law.

Yes, he may not have a job, he may not act responsibly but if he says you should wash the plates you have to do so, more so when he's older than you are.

You are only complaining here because he's not Dangote.
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 9jaBloke: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
oluafam:
My dear, humility should be your watch word here. Clean the dishes and Intensify in ur prayers and job hunting.
Even if it means waiting by the corner for him to finish his meal and u then clear the dishes, do it. He is ten years older than you, u should be answering him, sir.

There's a reward that comes with humility. So b humble.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by cecegorz(m): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

Dude, this is my very sincere advise.
First things first. Move out of that house this very January! At 30! you shouldn't be living with your parents, not to talk of your brother in law, it's very degrading and takes away every dignity from you.
During my youth service (at a very much younger age), I made up my mind that I wasn't going back to 'our' house until I get my own apartment.
So after the youth service, I moved in with a friend, with that determination to be a man of my own as fast as possible. There I was when I got a job and moved into my own house.

Secondly, your sister chose whom to marry, allow them to marry themselves, she obviously knew he was lazy and jobless and still married him, you can't change him in his own house.
The only time you need to step in there is if he abuses your sister in a way of domestic violence, in that case I can even help you to beat the day light out of the guy's eyes.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by freshvine(f): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Bros even if you're working and contributing in his house, you must still do the dishes.

Don't scatter your sister marriage ooo.

Devil is just ministering to you and you're mistaking it for the voice of the Holy Spirit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by refreshrate: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2016
i wonder what you were expecting when posting this?

Maybe like: I will write it on NL people will give me advice on how to deal with this fncking guy, which kain rubbish be dis sef?

Ingrate

you stay under a mans roof, eat his food and still come out to judge his belief, you wey be pastor...in fact i have no words for you, youre a lost cause OP

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by karbridals(f): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
My dear u are the youngest and she is ur sister's husband so u shld be doing the washing,if there was a younger person in the house and he asks u to wash plates then he is intentionally trying to insult u.

Is either ur sister washes the plate or u do.how can u single out ur own plate and wash but he can cook the food u eat?

If u want the insult to stop then fight hard and get a job and move out,only then will what u see as an insult stop.but as for now,keep washing the plate cos its an insult for u to be at home and ur Inlaw will enter the kitchen and start washing plates

U said he sits at home all day doing nothing but from ur post u also don't have a job so where do u go to while he cooks for the house and u still want him to wash plates just cos ur sis my be the one feeding the house.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by redcap: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
cococandy:
Na NL stories na. Always one-sided. He won't say what he did to contribute to the guy's attitude towards him.

He Probably looks down on the BIL as an 'unbeliever' which could be the reason the dude is rubbing the status of his tenancy in his face.

You know how some 'believers' can be condescending to people of different un/belief.

Also add to the fact that his sister is currently the bread winner.you know that sense of entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 9jatatafo(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
OP with all honesty I am highly disappointed in you at 30 you are still squatting after squatting in the university. As long as you stays in that house, you must do the dish, sweep the floor and mop the floor.
You have the boldness to say your brother-in-law is not working but he is in his own house. He is the boss and not you or your sister.
Guy move out of that place and hook up with your guys and start your job search.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by tipwill(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
as many have already said, "find ur way out of that house" is the only solution. This situation you are in, is in almost every in-law's house.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by cold(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2016
Simply put,he's fed up with your presence and is subtly telling you it's about time you found your own place. And if his unbelieving status bothers you so much you can move in with one of your fellow born again brethen. How hard is that? Besides,are you saying your sister is catering for all three of you? Na wa o una wan kill that poor girl?

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by tete7000(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
At 30 u are stayin with ur sister and her family..

Pray for urself bro.

GMartyns:

So if that is all he could do now, what should he do? Go and steal to rent his own apartment? I think you will tell him to humbly endure whatever comes his way for now while he patiently work his way out of the house. You dont help people in desperate situation when you talk and advise like this.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by islandmoon: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Goke!! you bring our house matter here! abi?

why didn't you tell me that you don't like me listening to Shakitibobo, ask your sister Ooooo, na me dey give am oOOo, thats why shes feeling the nikga ooooo!!..

Emi Phynooooo, kima ladi kimajedi, iranu ...abachaaa, emi keshi baba shoki!

anyway, go and wash that plate now!!
cheesy

i can do whatever i like in my house, this is why i don't want any family member to come and stay with my family! arrant nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by ebuka1511(m): 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
My brother, quit all these your complaints, just remember that you are still living under his roof. When I was in same situation u are currently in now, I was also doing the laundry and on weekends do general mopping of the house, while I was still managing with the little teaching job I got in a private school that pays little to nothing, the good news is that I got my first major job in that house and also met my wife in same house, we met while we were teaching in same school, so chill and do what u have to do now. God will definitely answer your prayer for job.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by blackmantis: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
RELEASEUS:
my friend, don't let people insult you. don't bring your rubbish here. I call it rubbish because it's what it is. How can you be disturbing the poor man and his wife for dem house with your old age on top? You should be ashamed. The man is doing all that for you to be fed up and leave yet you still siddon there. What's your business if he is godly or not? guy no disturb us abeg we gat better thing to think of not your poo.

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by tete7000(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
karbridals:
My dear u are the youngest and she is ur sister's husband so u shld be doing the washing,if there was a younger person in the house and he asks u to wash plates then he is intentionally trying to insult u.

Is either ur sister washes the plate or u do.how can u single out ur own plate and wash but he can cook the food u eat?

If u want the insult to stop then fight hard and get a job and move out,only then will what u see as an insult stop.but as for now,keep washing the plate cos its an insult for u to be at home and ur Inlaw will enter the kitchen and start washing plates

U said he sits at home all day doing nothing but from ur post u also don't have a job so where do u go to while he cooks for the house and u still want him to wash plates just cos ur sis my be the one feeding the house.
GMartyns:

Thanks so much for this piece of advice for the young man. The man in question is even afterall ten years older than him. What is the big deal in him doing chores for him? Is the man not old enough to be his elder brother? If he truly is christian as claimed, where is his humility? This actually might be a testing period for his faith. Let him patiently without any form of resentment bear the wrongdoings. God at appropriate time will lift him up.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by doveda: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
Move outundecided

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by dalene1305(f): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
I really don't understand what this guy wants.

@ 30 you are living with someone and you still have the nerves to complain about thier behaviours.

who are you to judge someone? you claim you are a christian and you judge another person, when it is right there in the Bible you claim to know that you should not judge.

I am sure the guy is tired of your holier than thou attitude that is why he is trying to frustrate you out of the house.

where you supposed to be living in their house for free without contributing anything. I do not think washing of plates is too much for you to do, he did not ask you to wash his car everyday or wash his clothes.

You better be a man and go look for a job, and drop that your attitude cos if you continue with this your holier than thou attitude it will even be difficult for you to get a job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Worksunlimited: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

Homie! To be frank with you, I would rather stay in my parents house Dan stay with my relative or sibling.. Unless invited!!

Guy! There are two things involved..

(1) either u move out of the guy house and wait till he mistakenly comes to your parents house to try dat so u can put him in his place... OR

(2) remain there and respect the rules of his house..

No two ways bout it...

N.B. - Pay no regard to those saying by 30 dis and dat.. Life no dey play by any body's rules... Am sure u weren't expecting urself to be in the situation u are in at the moment by 30, 5 or 6 years ago...

Keep ur head up bruv!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
dominique:

I find that detail a lot more disturbing than her BIL's 'rudeness' sad

Sorry op, as long as you live under their roof, you will have to put up with whatever BS they dish at you. If you have alternative accommodation option, you can go for them. I pray you get a good job before this year runs out.
Did you read that he's yet to get a job? Should he steal to rent an apartment?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
[size=15pt]Oga you are 30 years old?
The man is just trying to make you angry enough to move out
he's tired.
btw, you shouldn't be complaining cos i guess you don't pay rent so washing plates should not be a problem. wash plates or move out!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by murmee: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
mummydirect:
guy man wey no get money yet dey do shakara, abegi helep me ask am wet in him dey find ooooooo, in fela anikulapo's voice " na wahala u dey find, wahala u go get eee ooooooo, wahala u dey find". Oga a beg do go wash DAT plate or you leave my house please, who are you making guy for? in my house? Two masters can not rock a boat, u ge rit? As long as you are the youngest in d house, oga, u suppose wash d plate. so your brother in law is correct but the tone wey him take tell you the tin na im fit dey wrong. No vex u hear, all name experience, oya do go wash d plate u hear..... my correct guy, no worry very soon better job go land your corner, I take amen conclude am for u.
Couldn't you write in simple good English? My friend, please show that you attended school now.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by keni: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Brother listen up, am above 30 when I went for holiday last year in the US I washed the dishes at my Uncle's house (they didnt ask me o) I did it without asking them too, my uncle's Oyinbo wife kept telling me not to do the dishes becos she planned to use the dish washer when she comes back from work but I still do it anyway. I dont do the dishes in my house o for your information. Be humble to take the hit now it will serve as a challenge for you to make it hopefully in short while.

NB - Once you clock 20 yrs old leaving with a relative becomes an issue for most people

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by lielbree: 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

my friend wash the damn plate or move out of his house! Shame no dey catch u.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ifebazz(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

You're more like a kettle calling pot black! He's an 'unbeliever' and that makes you a saint, right? All these churchous attitude of so-called christians really irritates me. If you're 30, meaning your sister is more, do you think she had much choices in marrying him or if she had, it was her choice! If you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen. Its his home afterall. He's probably reacting to territory you're encrouching into and not feeling secure with you around anymore. Just drift man.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by haqueurate(m): 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin Op, when nairalanders finished with him
I hv never seen a more unanimous decision like this one

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Justiyke4u: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bros no vex on this my comment o but come to think of it you are staying in your brother in law's house and be eating his food and you expect him to do the dishes for you SMH for you. So have you not heard what follows pride You are even bold enough and proud on top to say that even your mom can't ask you for such dirty request So after your mom must have fed you and you still expect her to do dishes for you on top of that Children of now and pride... To wash plate is now dirty but to eat the food in it is not dirty abi SHM for you in Ghana... Bros you only have one but single problem... PRIDE... get rid of it now before it consumes you

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mysteryman2014: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Seriously? Mr op you're nothing but a shameless hypocrite. So u have money to eat your own food and you've not tot of leaving your sister's matrimonial home. I could pick up a lot of words to use on you this evening but I'm just gonna keep my cool. Dude just get a life
why r u always abusive? Cant just comment.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by davechelseafan(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
9jaBloke:
If you don't have alternative accomodation, then u have to do the dishes without complaining. The dude is obviouly tired of seeing u around & I don't blame him. Step up ur hustle and leave asap.
nawa ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.