Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (33736 Views)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by repogirl(f): 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Op, you are under their roof, not paying rent or anything.... You've got to do something useful in the house to show appreciation for their putting you up in the house.

You've got put in your own part.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Poverty and pride.....perfect recipe to get your broke, jobless ass kicked out of that house soon enough. You expect him to do the dishes while you sit in your room looking for verses in the Bible to support your arrogant and condescending religious self abi?

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by delishpot: 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Well, if he says wash plates then do so for peace to reign or move out.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by LoveJesus87(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

AhAh are u thinking well at all? You are staying with them in their house, so he shld be the one washing the plates abi what stupid question are u asking or your sister wu is ur senior, wu works ALL day long shld be washing the plate for you abi?? or what are u saying? Cum, which side do u cum 4rm sef? At 30? U have a strong moral, disciplinary and psychological problem

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by oglalasioux(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
You should be worrying about your sister. She's the one in trouble not you.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
@OP at 30 years you are still staying with your sister? and you are complaining? you arent grateful tha tyour Brother inlaw is nice enough tpo habor a liability like you? its your type that cause maritals problems for their sibblings!!!! Mr too proud to wash dishes though i am broke and unemplyed, pls pack out of that house and take your wahala some ehre else!! what are u trying to do? are u an agent of Lucifer?
See before i get back from work i better see your things out of that house!!! angry f00l!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by LoveJesus87(m): 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
at 30 say I catch myself staying with another relative, I rather live under the bridge!
My brother thank you ooo
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
" I can't be washing
plates in this house, neither is my wife
going to do same, you must wash every
plate used in this house henceforth" if true,dis statement is harsh and somhow disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by CandiceJay(f): 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

What you should have said in your post earlier.

Its not my fault u decided to give my comment ur own meaning
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by schumastic(m): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
keishablack:
Dude started by making his in-law look bad b4 bringing up his major grievance. There's nothing worse than a poor and proud person all in one. If u were humble enough u probably Wudda had a job by now or perhaps ur waiting till u hit it big. So while ur still waiting, how abt u do the dishes, sweep the house, run errands, even wash his cloths cuz ur living under their roof for free and eating free food.

details of the sign post behind you though grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 4C2215131: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
CandiceJay:

Its not my fault u decided to give my comment ur own meaning

Whatever. Each to his own.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by CandiceJay(f): 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

Whatever. Each to his own.
Exactly
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by amdoyin82(m): 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
If na me be ur sister's hubby, u go even wash my cloth join and also send u on errands. Wat d hell is wrong wit u? U are 30 and he his 40 and u are trying to make comparison. U think say 10yrs na joke. Oh, if he were to be ur direct elder brother, I mean s same blood and he asked u to do such, will have questioned me? If u are satisfy, go find work and try rent a single in a place called Lagos and how easy it is.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 12, 2016

Let me share my life story with you so as to bail you out of your worthless pride.

I left my parents house to live with my mum's younger sister. It was a house of commotion; 3 wives. My Aunty was the 2nd wife among the 3 wives.

My parents are financially ok but i wanted something outside my comfort zone; a bigger breakthrough being in finance aad career. I left Akure for Abuja where i became NOBODY. I learnt from history that my Aunty whom i intend to live with has an habit of sending her nieces and nephews back to their parents on any slightest mistake. She did it to immediate younger sister which led to a big family issue.

I was more determined to become somebody in Abuja when i heard the stories of my cousins who had been sent packing unceremoniously.

There were 4 cars in the whole house with 6 children. I was already awake by 5am every morning to wash all the 4 cars before the three wives leave home for their different stores including my uncle who worked with Ministry of foreign affair. My Aunty didn't want me to wash the other two cars(cars of the other two wives) but i always told her that i was cool with the task.

My Aunty had a pure water and Zobo business, i will cooked the recipes and kept the business in existence then. This means that I have to live with sleepless night; cooking and mixing all the recipes before drivers come in the morning to take these water and Zobo to our various customers. And guess what, I got my own job at Apo legislative quarter to go to by 10am as a shop attendant. We lived in Apo federal housing.

I ll come back from work around 11pm, no food, make Eba( every night being the fastest and easiest food to make), by 12 midnight, ready to start my water and zobo task. I ll sort that out by 2am and straight to bed. By 5am, I was up again to wash the four cars; i felt like a slave but there was a constant reminder that kept me going then and that reminder was my "Future".

I believed that i won't do all these for the rest of my life. I knew it was temporal. My uncle usually screamed whenever he saw me eating around midnight. He always asked me why Eba all the time not any other food......

However, d lesson of this story, my Aunty husband(Uncle) was about to go on his retirement leave when a golden opportunity to send take someone abroad with him came up from his office. All his older children were already schooling abroad except the little ones. He was left with his wives' younger brothers.

He called all the three wives about this opportunity and guess what, all the three wives including my Aunty nominated me to travel with him. The other two wives actually left their own brothers out......

Here i am today with three Nigeria-British children and a beautiful wife. I don't wash my own car talkless of someone's car anymore. I have a local car wash garage where my car is professional washed when there is need for one. I can afford anything within my limit today.....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by OCTAVO: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Azil:
Poverty and pride.....perfect recipe to get your broke, jobless ass kicked out of that house soon enough. You expect him to do the dishes while you sit in your room looking for verses in the Bible to support your arrogant and condescending religious self abi?
I tire ooo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Obidikejr(m): 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
uyiekpenm:

Pls respect yourself and leave that house.

Some people just want to talk, didn't you hear him say he has been in search of a job since graduating, would a financial stable man at 30 still live with his parents talk more of his married sister? Circumstances are different for every individual, for the fact you have jobs lined up for you immediately after graduation doesn't mean it's so for everyone. You guys claim to be educated and learned yet you don't know the state of the Nigerian economy, over 10m youths don't have jobs because there's no job. Spoilt kids like you with connected dad's and uncles take up the little position without be worthy of it.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Etizz: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Is it not obvious he wants you to leave his matrimonial home??

Very obvious of course....

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by JaneKenedy: 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
At op, i don't think he is being rude, being part of a home, there must be 1 or 2 things u do to mk pple who received u as one them happy. And you are not doing that. Forget ur age, u r the youngest in the house. You hv to wash the plates, help ur sis with her chores, since she is the bread winner in d house. 10 yrs is not 10 days any ways And again u are a kettle than is calling pot black. You think the man is happy that he is doing nothing abi?. So, humble ur self, and pray u find job soon so you can move out and perhaps watch one of ur younger relative pose in ur house doing nothing but to eat, wash his/ her own plate, and sleep, and know how u will feel.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Obidikejr(m): 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
uyiekpenm:
Oga please try to get your own place. What do you expect. At your age you are living with your sister. Smh.
Pls respect yourself and leave that house.
Big mouth
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Obidikejr(m): 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
helovesme:
If you want the ridicule to stop then move out of their house oh.

I will advise you endure and remain humble. Keep washing the dishes, tidying the house, etc and intensify your job hunt and most importantly keep praying. Once you get a job, you can then move to your own place.

Best advice so far... Unlike people that bash the op without proper reasoning
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by peren: 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
I have a job and i can afford my own place, for cultural and family reasons i choose to stay with my sister. However my own brother in law askes me to wash his car, my father, my brothers, my unlces have never asked me to do such a thing before, i do not even always enter the car, even though i was deeply hurt i did it, and would do what ever they ask. I however would not forget, when the time is right or when i am ready i would leave their house for them.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by awa(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
You have to leave the house asap or what other means do you want him to use and ask you out
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Obidikejr(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Seriously? Mr op you're nothing but a shameless hypocrite. So u have money to eat your own food and you've not tot of leaving your sister's matrimonial home. I could pick up a lot of words to use on you this evening but I'm just gonna keep my cool. Dude just get a life

If you can't advice don't insult, didn't you hear him say he
has been in search of a job since graduating, would a
financial stable man at 30 still live with his parents talk
more of his married sister? Circumstances are different for
every individual, for the fact you have jobs lined up for you
immediately after graduation doesn't mean it's so for
everyone. You guys claim to be educated and learned yet
you don't know the state of the Nigerian economy, over 10m
youths don't have jobs because there's no job. Spoilt kids
like you with connected dad's and uncles take up the little
position without being worthy of it.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Feranchek(m): 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Seriously? Mr op you're nothing but a shameless hypocrite. So u have money to eat your own food and you've not tot of leaving your sister's matrimonial home. I could pick up a lot of words to use on you this evening but I'm just gonna keep my cool. Dude just get a life

iPray you don't experience hardship
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Feranchek(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

iPray you don't experience hardship. Smh
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by PHIPEX(m): 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
Op you sound funny and proud. I know most young men in Nigeris didn't finish NYSC till they were 26 but you must not allow difficult time make you misbehave. I did those things you listed till I moved out at 28 even though I was working meaning I had an excuse of being tired. Infact I washed their Car before I go to work. Today they serve me with best of dishes and wash it afterward whenever I visit. There is time for everything, don't jump the process.

You can't live in their house and expect them to do the dishes. Be humble even in job search else you'll find it difficult to even accept some offers that you may consider below your status.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Feranchek(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

iPray you don't experience hardship. Smh4u
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by BLESSEDISDLORD: 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
I was graduated when I was 24 years of age, I was not born with silver spoon, I got a room for myself then and my foam then is less than an inch, even not in my village, but to God be the glory am living in 3 bedroom now with my family a brother in- law of 300l in university, his always waking up 5am everyday,sweep and wash plates, even sometimes telling me not to take my cloth to dry cleanner, you are their brother since u are living with them, if u can't coply with them leave their hous.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by fejikudz(m): 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
cococandy:
Na NL stories na. Always one-sided. He won't say what he did to contribute to the guy's attitude towards him.

He Probably looks down on the BIL as an 'unbeliever' which could be the reason the dude is rubbing the status of his tenancy in his face.

You know how some 'believers' can be condescending to people of different un/belief.
My sister i tire for the guy o

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
At 30 u are stayin with ur sister and her family..

Pray for urself bro.
could this be coming from a sane entity? There are guys out there having challenges and is this a way to soothe him? If you didnt have anything meaningful to say, you should have just kept your mouth shut rather than spewing thrash to make ftc
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
BLESSEDISDLORD:
I was graduated when I was 24 years of age, I was not born with silver spoon, I got a room for myself then and my foam then is less than an inch, even not in my village, but to God be the glory am living in 3 bedroom now with my family a brother in- law of 300l in university, his always waking up 5am everyday,sweep and wash plates, even sometimes telling me not to take my cloth to dry cleanner, you are their brother since u are living with them, if u can't coply with them leave their hous.
na so my guy, carry on bro. I dey feel you
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by publicenemy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

Bro I understand ur situation becos I have been there. Ignore the insults from these shallow minded feeble Nairalanders. My advise to you is for you to get a place of ur own. Even if its in a shanty and shabby area just get a cheap one room apartment even if you have to sleep on the bare floor pls do and take charge of ur life. I understand u just got out of school but that's not an excuse you could do menial jobs just to get by as long as ur dignity is intact. Your brother in law wants you out hence the attitude. Take charge of ur life bro, nobody owe you nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.