Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? (765 Views)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / The Act Of Mis-talking / How To Love An Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
I used to think that love is a kind of debt owns to the other party until something struck my head with the above subject.
What's your take on this? smiley smiley smiley
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by TOPE20001(f): 11:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
Igwe.:

I used to think that love is a kind of debt owns to the other party until something struck my head with the above subject.
What's your take on this?  smiley smiley smiley

love isnt a debt undecided
altho i dont really understand what u trying to say.
explain wink
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

love isnt a debt undecided
altho i dont really understand what u trying to say.
explain wink
what i'm asking is, if it's true that love is just something we decide to do on our own accord or something that's bound to happen? i don't mean love making dear.
If isn't a debt , why then the rain of curses and what have you when one declines from loving the other accordingly? grin
smiley
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by TOPE20001(f): 11:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Igwe.:

what i'm asking is, if it's true that love is just something we decide to do on our own accord or something that's bound to happen? i don't mean love making dear.
If isn't a debt , why then the rain of curses and what have you when one declines from loving the other accordingly grin
smiley

I think love is something that happens without planning or whateva, its not a debt and u cant force urself to love someone undecided
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I think love is something that happens without planning or whateva, its not a debt and u cant force urself to love someone undecided
Point noted, meaning we can fall in and fall out as many times as we can with as many people as we can  smiley owing to the fact that we never planned for it and are allowed to retreat whenever we like.

Thank goodness it's friday
grin
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by iice(f): 4:35am On Jun 19, 2009
It's a decision. 
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 7:38am On Jun 19, 2009
iice:

It's a decision. 

Please expatiate on it. can it be changed? smiley cool
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by biola44: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2009
cos it affects ur life! grin
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 8:23am On Jun 19, 2009
biola44:

cos it affects ur life! grin
meaning it can be changed at anytime or what? smiley smiley
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Lexiwhite(m): 8:28am On Jun 19, 2009
The balls and the brains are 2 sovereign states - their armies only obey instructions from them individually.
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by biola44: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

meaning it can be changed at anytime or what? smiley smiley

positive decision good 4 u n negative,
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by luxoire(f): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2009
Love in it self is a feeling you have no control over.

However you DECIDE on whether to nurture that love and make it grow, keep it alive - or whether to let it die
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2009
biola44:

positive decision good 4 u n negative,
positive, good 4 me and when it turns out negative, I'd back off.
yeah smiley i got you smiley

luxoire:

Love in it self is a feeling you have no control over.

However you DECIDE on whether to nurture that love and make it grow, keep it alive - or whether to let it die

still digging how right you are, methinks something one has no control over is as good as something one's decision doesn't count. smiley
How then do you intend to decide on what's beyond your control. It ought have taken you by storm and maybe, you can decide to jilt or accept upon realising yourself grin
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Ben13: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2009
Love? kiss
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2009
Ben20001:

Love? kiss
lol, love = kissing shocked
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2009
Lexiwhite:

The balls and the brains are 2 sovereign states - their armies only obey instructions from them individually.
You can say that again cheesy
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by biola44: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

positive, good 4 me and when it turns out negative, I'd back off.
yeah smiley i got you smiley

dats d deal! wink

Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by luxoire(f): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

still digging how right you are, methinks something one has no control over is as good as something one's decision doesn't count. smiley
How then do you intend to decide on what's beyond your control. It ought have taken you by storm and maybe, you can decide to jilt or accept upon realising yourself grin

you can not decide HOW you feel - but you can decide whether or not to make that feeling grow / develop to something more
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by iice(f): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

Please expatiate on it. can it be changed? smiley cool
Yes it can be changed. 

I agree with what Luxoire said to a point smiley

Attraction/chemistry is something we decide on - well not often and not all the time - but because we have a certain image in our mind, we get attracted to anything like that, that shows up - it's not a noticeable decision but it's there. What is noticeable is turning it into something deeper/more.  .  .Because some of us are not tuned in to every little thing that goes on in our brain, we attribute it to just feeling.  Same for falling out of love. You start to pick on something, something small.  .  .and it escalates and influences how you feel about the person.  You can also choose to work it out or choose to let it go.  .  .in the end it's still a decision.
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Busybody2(f): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
What is all this story sef angry angry angry tongue

With me, I was put off by Igwe's potbelly when I was introduced to him, but I decided to fall in love with Igwe because of his wealth and his title cheesy

Love overcomes all, doesn't it cheesy And if I may say so myself, I made a wise decision and deserve a pat on the back cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by beingme(f): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2009
love? loving someone is a decision u make from ur choice, so if u refused to beloved u made that decision and choose so.

whn u choose to love and beloved its ur choice and decides on it
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
iice:

Yes it can be changed. 

I agree with what Luxoire said to a point smiley

Attraction/chemistry is something we decide on - well not often and not all the time - but because we have a certain image in our mind, we get attracted to anything like that, that shows up - it's not a noticeable decision but it's there. What is noticeable is turning it into something deeper/more.  .  .Because some of us are not tuned in to every little thing that goes on in our brain, we attribute it to just feeling.  Same for falling out of love. You start to pick on something, something small.  .  .and it escalates and influences how you feel about the person.  You can also choose to work it out or choose to let it go.  .  .in the end it's still a decision.

Is it wise of me to say that  this decision is dynamic? just as i'm about to make another decision not to love my lolo again after realizing what kinda woman she is smiley
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by iice(f): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

Is it wise of me to say that  this decision is dynamic? just as i'm about to make another decision not to love my lolo again after realizing what kinda woman she is smiley

yes i suppose. lol
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Busybody2(f): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

You can be sooooo slow sometimes angry I am going to tell the Doctors to have you chemically castrated so that I don't have any child for you, don't want them to take after you physically or mentally cheesy

Did you miss out the part where iice said "not often and not all the time" which simply means that it is not applicable in our own case so you are stuck with me whether you like it or not for better for worse angry Now go out and make some more money for me to spend cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How On Earth Is Love An Act Of Decision Making? by Igwe9(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2009
Busy_body:

You can be sooooo slow sometimes angry I am going to tell the Doctors to have you chemically castrated so that I don't have any child for you, don't want them to take after you physically or mentally cheesy

Did you miss out the part where iice said "not often and not all the time" which simply means that it is not applicable in our own case so you are stuck with me whether you like it or not for better for worse angry Now go out and make some more money for me to spend cheesy grin cheesy
are you talking about this
iice:

It's a decision. 
or this
iice:

yes i suppose. lol
?
whichever one, my decision is final, i'm tired of your ranting smiley smiley upon all the food i have been giving you, I still cannot feel your bum, so sad! smiley smiley you 've gotta go! angry

(1) (Reply)

Place Of Oath Swearing In Relationship. / Is It Possible For Your Girl Friend Not To Be Your Best Friend / The Disadvantages Of Gurls Ask A Guy Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.