Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? (1458 Views)

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? / Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by Viktor1983(m): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2016
10 notes from an unusual
sermon on Giving by this Abuja
Pastor

Pastor Sunday Ogidigbo, preached about giving today in a
serial message titled Wisdom for 2016 , the Pastor of the
HolyHill Church based in Abuja delivered a profound
teaching on the subject of giving.
Touching the subject of giving, the Pastor made a
noteworthy remark, which may find hard for many to
chew, he said that ‘it is better to give to the Poor than to
give to your Pastor’. He also condemned those who give
to others before taking care of family, describing it as an
act of folly. Find below excepts from the sermon:

1. “The best time to give is when you don’t have”
“Giving MUST begin at home”

2. It is easier to give to strangers. Some people
spend all their salaries to impress others
outside

3. If you’re rich and they can’t see the signs on
your family, you’re a fool. How can you have
relatives, you have money and you don’t
give? Break the bank while your relatives are
alive. Charity begins at home

4. Giving to people who cannot give you back, is a
very fertile ground

5. The attitude with which you give is as important
as the gift you give. Give cheerfully

6. If you go to church & they say empty your
pocket, don’t do it. Nobody should manipulate
you into giving. Give with a conviction. In giving,
be systematic. Don’t be irrational

7. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers,
for thereby some have entertained angels
unawares ~ Heb.13v2. Don’t let bad
testimonials of encounters with strangers scare
you from being kind to strangers ~

8. It is better to give to the poor than to your
pastor

9. In giving to even your family, give what you can
give while you build your capacity. 2 people in a
well can’t help themselves

10. Be grateful that you can give. Your seed will
speak for you in the day of trouble

Pastor Sunday Ogidigbo is the Senior Pastor of HolyHill
Church out of Wuse II in Abuja.

http://www.thewhistleng.com/it-is-better-to-give-to-the-poor-than-to-your-pastor-must-read-sermon-on-giving/#sthash.7JpyEljw.gbpl

cc OAM4J Lalasticlala

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2016
I admire the pastor for being courageous enough to say this. But the best form of giving is to give according to leading of the spirit

1 Like

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2016
100% better.. I don't understand how we have something to give away, we give it to people who already have it even more than we do instead of people who do not have it at all..

why should one buy a jeep for a MOG with 4 private jets when there are people such amount can change their lives for good..

If your pastor or GO is richer than the people he pastors, ask yourselves; "Is he here to help us or are we the one here to help him...?"

The pastors go around preaching abandonment of earthly riches and stashing up riches in heaven at the same time they are stinking rich here on earth, isn't it time to wonder if they really believe what they preach?

This pastor is highly commendable.. #Respect!!

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by afamjb: 9:28am On Jan 12, 2016
#WORD.
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by Annunaki(m): 9:30am On Jan 12, 2016
Jesus will rather have you give to the poor than giving to a pastor. smiley

1 Like

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by johnydon22(m): 9:31am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:
Jesus will rather have you give to the poor than giving to a pastor. smiley
And Jesus told you this?
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by Annunaki(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2016
johnydon22:
And Jesus told you this?

Yes he did smiley
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by johnydon22(m): 9:54am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

Yes he did smiley
hahahahahahaha just own up to your opinions bro, stop heaping it on Jesus said or what Jesus wants.. (He told you nada sir)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by Annunaki(m): 9:59am On Jan 12, 2016
johnydon22:
hahahahahahaha just own up to your opinions bro, stop heaping it on Jesus said or what Jesus wants.. (He told you nada sir)

My opinions are formed based on the teachings of Christ and his spirit in me. Read Matthew 25:31-40 and learn from the master himself. smiley
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by hahn(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

My opinions are formed based on the teachings of Christ and his spirit in me. Read Matthew 25:31-40 and learn from the master himself. smiley

Jesus never existed undecided
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by johnydon22(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

Am not a slave, don't need a master... I am responsible for my own opinions smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by Annunaki(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
johnydon22:
Am not a slave, don't need a master... I am responsible for my own opinions smiley

God or Jesus do not see us as slaves but as their beloved children. It's the islamic deity that sees it's adherents as slaves.
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by analice107: 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lolzzz
Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by johnydon22(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Annunaki:

God or Jesus do not see us as slaves but as their beloved children. It's the islamic deity that sees it's adherents as slaves.
Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. grin

Lying to cover your own God's Ass and accuse the other drunk God..(Islamic God).. thats not working bro..

Take that up with yourself... Not my business though..

1 Like

Re: ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’;? by udumosam23(m): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
johnydon22:

Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. grin

Lying to cover your own God's Ass and accuse the other drunk God..(Islamic God).. thats not working bro..

Take that up with yourself... Not my business though..

The word "douloo" translated to mean slave in Greek is most often used in a metamophorical sense in the new testament to mean giving yourself wholly to one's service. Indeed we are no slaves in the literal sense. We are children of God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Ponography Ideal In Christian Marriages?? / Monotheism Is A Scam Played Upon The Masses. / Why Is There Something Instead Of Nothing? (A Philosophical Overview)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.