Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 (35916 Views)

How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Arms, Money, Phones Found In Boko Haram's Hideout (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by insideview: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
A bit confused here

The arguments for and against are based on what "Sambo Said" purportedly, gleaned from various news media

What sambo says can only be taken as gospel truth from depositions during his trial proceedings.

Until then everything on here is conjecture.

Even the EFCC hasnt released any press statements that would define their position on the issues, all ascribed to them is hereasay gleaned from same news media

seems like faulty foundations to base arguments upon.

#JustSaying

7 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by igboboy3(m): 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
joseph1832:
Like I said, how did you come about this? How did you know this? Are you a part of the former administration? Do you know something the Buhari lead government doesn't? Are you on face to face communication with Dasuki to know and ascertain that there was no 2 billion dollars?

Please kindly elucidate on this. Thank you.

Just so you know, you accused the Buhari lead government of propaganda, I'll have you know that the same propaganda you so righteously accused the Buhari lead government of is what you're doing with this thread of yours.

I await your response.

Snailspeed may be too busy to respond so I'll tell you why this "$2.1billion" is an embellishment. The sum was total extra-budgetary intervention made by the ONSA from March 2012 to May 2015 (NB: Dasuki became NSA in June 2015) as claimed by Buhari's panel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hahaha! Best comment on here. Take 5 bro!

Ioannes:
a thief who has been caught red-handed is mentioning his fellow yam-eaters and some hair-brained fellows here are asking us not to believe.

I think the harsh weather of the harmattan is really affecting the OP and his bandwagon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by joseph1832(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
igboboy3:

Snailspeed may be too busy to respond so I'll tell you why this "$2.1billion" is an embellishment. The sum was total extra-budgetary intervention made by the ONSA from March 2012 to May 2015 (NB: Dasuki became NSA in June 2015) as claimed by Buhari's panel.
What is this one saying? Please refrain from quoting me if you can't say something that has any substance.
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by igboboy3(m): 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
joseph1832:
Like I said, how did you come about this? How did you know this? Are you a part of the former administration? Do you know something the Buhari lead government doesn't? Are you on face to face communication with Dasuki to know and ascertain that there was no 2 billion dollars?

Please kindly elucidate on this. Thank you.

Just so you know, you accused the Buhari lead government of propaganda, I'll have you know that the same propaganda you so righteously accused the Buhari lead government of is what you're doing with this thread of yours.

I await your response.

Snailspeed may be too busy to respond so I'll tell you why this "$2.1billion" is an embellishment. The sum was total extra-budgetary intervention made by the ONSA from March 2012 to May 2015 (NB: Dasuki became NSA in June 2015) as claimed by Buhari's panel. However even the panel has not been able to prove that any approved money meant for the purchase of arms was diverted.

8 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by igboboy3(m): 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
joseph1832:
What is this one saying? Please refrain from quoting me if you can't say something that has any substance.

Oga, this is not your father's forum. Delete your moniker if you don't want to be mentioned

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by joseph1832(m): 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
igboboy3:

Oga, this is not your father's forum. Delete your moniker if you don't want to be mentioned
And you should take your foot outta your ass and stop posting nonsense.

Thank you!.

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
what ignorance can cause. You couldn't even counter anything he said
I can't

Coz i don't have time for a jobless pained loser. PDPïg
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by anonimi: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
1stolax:
I can't

Coz i don't have time for a jobless pained loser. PDPïg

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

4 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by akinsbaba2015: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
porka:

lol...

Your 'schooling' is funny.

Even when it shows clearly that you are the person being enlightened on civil conducts you are still deceiving yourself shamelessly.

Who says you are not entitled to your mindless outrage? If that is what your life depends on, why not? But it doesn't stop people demanding for the right thing to be done.

Intelligent people don't lose their minds on hearsay though. The sensible thing to do is allow the law to take it course through open and transparent judicial process. What happens if Dasuki ended up not being guilty, won't you have a heart attack?

Nigeria will not descend to lawless autocratic society no matter how you hate to hear that.

Take an accused to court for trial, allow him to defend him/herself, if he or she is found guilty he/she is punished accordingly. If found not guilty he/she if discharged.
. You are certainly taking panadol for Dasuki's headache, why not join his team of lawyers in court but then I realise that you don't understand how the judicial process works, that's why you are wasting your time on open and secret trials. Your ignorance is to the extent that you don't know that DASUKI has up to 3 different cases in 3different courts excluding the one he was initially charged to. No peace for the wicked and the online voltrons.
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Philadelphia: 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ok, so now some Nigerians are beginning to see that our biggest problems are our government? This is the second biggest propaganda. The first propaganda was in 2014 and I mean the Chibok girls. No girl and I repeat, NO GIRL IS MISSING.

6 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ChaleeBendel: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
May God reward snailspeed and theshadyexpress and all lovers of truth.
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by banio: 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
$2.1 billion naira is 10% of 2015 budget. So senate did not approve it. Where did the money come from. B4 now I have been telling liberal minds that this arms scandal is a hoax. I maintain that there is no single document that $2.1 billion was signed 4 arms purchase by GEJ. Like the Op said it's the sum of all budgetary allocation to ONSA
APC lie lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
emzila:

please open a new topic and post this your response because many people thought that guy had gave them all the clarification they needed. pls do it for NIGERIA.
Will do that for Nigeria
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
When will "integriti" buari return his own share of the Dasuki yam? Abi it is not necessary since it's from him? Apc is a party extra-super-hypocrisy.
snailspeed:

There is no such $2.2 billion and that is why GEJ came out in November to deny it outrightly. Neither GEJ nor Dasuki have admitted anything like that. You are seriously feeding from Lie Mohammed's pot there! GEJ has denied any such authorization and NOI said the same thing! You shouldnt bother arguing along that line. You will lose. You should ask yourself why the EFCC is unwilling to pursue the case legally but is resorting to all kinds of tactics to keep Dasuki for long periods of incaceration. All the monies that have been mentioned to have been collected by different individuals, including Dopkesi are monies from the NSA's office, not arms purchase money

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ejiinii: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
We are waiting this apc you just joined will embarrass your personality on Nairaland
TonyeBarcanista:

Will do that for Nigeria
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Omenkata: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Will do that for Nigeria
[/s]

You know nothing mr man
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Omenkata: 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
forray:

Use to be a big admirer of your post on here, but recently am beginning to think somebody else took over your moniker.

You must be a new member if you don't know that TonyeBarcanista is a sell out
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by porka: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. You are certainly taking panadol for Dasuki's headache, why not join his team of lawyers in court but then I realise that you don't understand how the judicial process works, that's why you are wasting your time on open and secret trials. Your ignorance is to the extent that you don't know that DASUKI has up to 3 different cases in 3different courts excluding the one he was initially charged to. No peace for the wicked and the online voltrons.

The reason why intelligent people don't go into mindless outrage is to still be sensible enough to read and filter information properly.

It is doubtful if your outrage is allowing you to read simple posts. It is even more worrisome that you don't have the capacity to process basic information. Otherwise, you would have saved yourself of rantings about 3 court cases when one of the cases (alleged illegal possession of A PISTOL) has been under reference here all the while.

The more you post here, the more your infantile reasoning is revealed.

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

There is no such money for arms deal. It isnt whether the money belongs to government or not. What they did was to calculate all the money that passed through the NSA's office for his tenure and come out to say it is money for arms. It was a well crafted lie (though not so well crafted for those who ask simple questions). The only money that was recommended for arms was the $300 million returned Abacha loot which NOI clearly explained. The rest are just lies and propaganda

This open defence for massive corruption is irritating. What is clear is dat money for Nigeria security was diverted by ur uncles in PDP.

Your write up only appeal to PDP emotional supporters who are so blind that they support those who impoverish them.

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by winnerjoy: 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
why such huge money was allocated to the office of NSA when other sectors are begging for attention

2 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Omenkata: 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
[s]
tuale4u:

This open defence for massive corruption is irritating. What is clear is dat money for Nigeria security was diverted by ur uncles in PDP.

Your write up only appeal to PDP emotional supporters who are so blind that they support those who impoverish them.
[/s]

Rubbish
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by forray(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
nnannaidoko:
. **** You used to admire him when he was saying something that you like. But now, that he has continued to honourably say the truth no matter the party involved, **** you have now started talking rubbish. Please, let's all praise barcanista for his refusal to defend evil. The wailers will start hating him now. ****

SMH...... I pity the youths of this generation. Anybody who doesn't support the ways this current generation runs things is term a wailer and supporter of pdp. Let's be objective, we keep complaining pdp ruined the country for how many years they were incharge, but 80percent of people who makes up this current administration where among those who ruined the country and we are here shouting change. I was never a supporter of Jonathan cos he fail the country,neither was I a support of BUHARI cos he had is chance in the past and also fail the country. Na their papa get the country wey dem keep recycling themselves after repeated failures? Bothe this current and past administration are all thieves, birds of the same feather,includin buhari.
We better wake up and take our future into our hands instead of fighting ourselves over people who have failed us over and over again. Back to the point. The OP doesn't care if dasuki is guilty or not, he has said that over and over again. What he wants is things Shld be done properly, follow the rule of law. If he is found guilty by the court of law, JAIL his A*s for eternity, but if he is not guilty obey let him be instead of continuously disobeying the court. These politicians,both apc and pdp has caused so much suffering to this country with their looting. They Shld not throw the country into anarchy with the way the are handling some sensitive situation.

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by StepTwo: 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed
requesting permision to copy ur work.
i will ensure reference.
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by dvee2: 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
DAVEZONIGLTD:

All state Governor collect security vote but not for security Purpose. They use the fund for political issue and personal use just as Dasuki did. This is Nigeria grin

Does that make it right? When you get to cout tell the judge you stole the money because other people are stealing too,and see if that is a defence.
That other state govornors are doing it does not make it right. infact the FG should have lead by example even if others are doing it. I see, so it is agreed that they stole the money, but their defence is other governors are doing it,and in your mind that justifies it?
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by peterjero(m): 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
tomakint:

It is called, collective amnesia and unfortunately the youths are mostly affected.
If the youth knew how much left the treasury as he left they would know he is not worthy of brokering peace ✌ between the president and third party as he is used to now doing.
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by sweetgala(m): 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Nobody has been caught red handed and nobody has been mentoning any yam eaters. Dasuki has said clearly he has not mentioned anybody. Your post is a good example of the propaganda war and media trial going on

Dasuki has not mentioned any names but several people either by guilt or fear havr confirmed receiving money which can be traced back to ONSA.

Either they are all lying or Dasuki is lying

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Ndolarr: 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
The writer is part of the PDP sobbing mob daring the FGN to take accused corrupt party members to court, knowing well that corrupt judges appointed by Jonathan's government are waiting to stall their trials! If the $2.1 billion arms scandal is a propaganda, why has none of the big time looters arrested denied receiving their share of the loot? EFCC should not be distracted, but should go after the idiots who stole our treasury blind and possess enough illicit fund to pocket the judiciary and get satanic judgement in their favour!!
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by sweetgala(m): 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

I will patiently keep educating you lot. The total money mentioned is allocation to his office. He has a right to disburse it. It isnt moey to buy arms as alledged by the EFCC and the media propaganda. So he has not committed any crime yet except it is proven that the items he disbursed them for were illegal. But you can hardly prove that if it comes under the security vote.

I am not contetsing the totality of the money, the initial source of the money or the ONSA legitimate right to disburse said funds as is necessary for security reasons as the neme "security vote implies" , I'm not even interested in the lenght of time over which the crime or crimes of misappropriation was committed.

My bone of contention is this, is Nigerian revenue for the use by PDP or APC for election purposes!

Because right now that is where you stand, I'm not absolving any APC members of a similar crime if there is reasonable proof of said, but can ONSA be the sponsors of GEJ election using funds provided by the CBN, or office of the finance minister , appropriated by the NASS for the security of the nation ?
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by rhymz(m): 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
joseph1832:
As usual, you never fail to disappoint me my good man.

With all this alleged Dasuki screaming that he is innocent, can you tell me what on earth happened to the 2.1billion dollars borrowed to buy arms and ammunition?

This is 2016 now and it's a new government, I know asking the right questions is not relevant especially to people like you that are very quick to run off with the news they want to hear.

Like I said in my earlier post, people need to argue with the proper perspective and with facts and common sense. Unless you have a proof or a credible source that alleged that $2.1 billion dollars was borrowed by the Jonathan led government for the purchase of arms, then you do not have any valid argument.

The whole bloated figure of $2.1 billion like the OP had already argued are accumulated monies allocated to the office Dasuki occupied which spanned from the time he was appointed to the time he was removed from the office. Even Jonathan gas repeatedly said said there was no time he approved such amount for the acquisition of weapons. Anyone with common sense knows that it us not possible for any government to allocate such amount in one fell swoop to be managed by one man.

It is obvious from the way and manner the the Buhari government is using arbitrary powers that they have no strong case against Dasuki, while the media is busy peddling $2.1 billion and everyone is shouting Ole, kill am, in the court of law where the real prosecution should take place they are charging him for misappropriating Nigeria N13 billion which the man is saying is still a lie and wants his day in court. All I am interested in is the facts of the case and not propaganda and playing on people's sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by rumomonga(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Please educate yourself. A man is innocent until proven guilty! Please repeat that 7 times so it sinks into your head. That is one of the tenets of democracy and justice. So I dont need to justify him. He is justified in the eyes of the law until proven guilty. I will bash GMB and his government because they are failing as far as justice is concerned. They are breaking the laws they have sworn to uphold.

This your post is just sentiments. Please argue on facts

Bros I'm a bit infuriated by the level of energy you are expending in defending these so called leaders who actually admitted to have embezzled our common wealth be it security vote or 2.1 whatever. Do you know how many innocent citizens are held in various prison facilities around the country against crimes they never committed majority with no access to fair trial. You won't put up article to defend those but politicians who said they actually got money.

The money stolen was and has never been their inheritance. I believe this your write up is stemming from something other than what you are trying to portray but always remember that whatever we do today to Nigeria will always be there for our children and children's children to enjoy/endure. Peace

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Jesusloveyou: 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Please read my post again. The monies being mentioned are monies from the allocation to the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) throughout his tenure. They come under SECURITY VOTES. They are not money for arms purchase. And under security votes, they can be used for practically anything

Please note that I personally do not support the security vote law and would want it changed but that is what the law is for now and even the Buhari administration is taking advantage of it as we speak
u too mumu, can u and dansuki account for almost 5tr naira of 6yrs budget? Not to talk of extra-budgeting every year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

INEC Declares Yahaya Abdullahi Winner In Niger State, Cancels Rerun Election / Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments / Tinubu Saga : Buhari Meets With John Oyegun In Aso Rock Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.