Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments (35841 Views)

Boko Haram: I Can’t Be Silent, Zulum Tells APC Governors / Boko Haram: I Killed Many I Was Shot On Purpose By My Fellow Soldier- Ex Soldier / Meet Falmata Abubakar, Shekau’s Mother Speaks On Whereabout Of Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Falmata Abubakar, the mother of the late vicious Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, said she regretted giving birth to him because he was a tragedy to humanity.

Shekau died in May 2021 after waging a deadly war against the Nigerian state that led to the death of over 100,000 thousand people, displacement of over three million people and destruction of towns, villages, schools, hospitals and other social amenities valued at over $9bn, according to data released by the state, national and international organisations.

Except his village, Shekau’s reign of terror did not spare his kinsmen in Borno and Yobe states; even as pain and agony were inflicted on people in all the states in the North East, North West, North Central and other parts of Nigeria.

This is the first time that Falmata voiced out her reservations about her son since his death.

She spoke in an exclusive interview with Trust TV in her village, Shekau, Yobe State. The full documentary will be aired at 7 pm today and repeated by 10 pm on Channel 164 StarTimes.

It was learnt that since the time he left his ancestral village when he was young, Shekau visited only once during which he said he was there to revert the people to Islam even though they were all born and brought up as Muslims for decades. The village, located 50 kilometres from Babban Gida, Tarmuwa LGA of Yobe State, is populated by Kanuri, Fulani and Manga who embraced modernity, including sending their children to formal schools which Shekau detested.

“I don’t know if he (Shekau) had any offspring,” his mother told Trust TV.

Falmata said: “I gave birth to him and that is the only and last thing between us. Whether he is alive or not; we have parted ways. I never knew whether he had any offspring. He inflicted severe pain on me. God Almighty will judge between us in the hereafter.”

The district head of Shekau, Malam Lawan Gana, described the late Boko Haram leader as ‘stubborn”; while his uncle, Zannah Sule, described him as a “disaster to us.”

Born in the 70s, Shekau took over from the founder of the group, Mohammed Yusuf in 2009 and was denounced by Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP). Before his dethronement, Shekau had sworn allegiance to IS in March 2015.

His dislodgement in 2016 heralded the rise of the relatively young Abu Mus’ab Al-Barnawi (son of Yusuf) as ISWAP leader and at the same time the split of the terrorist group into two factions until when ISWAP fighters engaged Shekau in a fierce battle that led him to kill himself at one of his enclaves at the Sambisa forest.

The US State Department’s Rewards for Justice Programme had placed a bounty of $7m for information that would lead to Shekau’s capture.

https://dailytrust.com/trust-tv-exclusive-i-regret-giving-birth-to-shekau-mother

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by NobleSeed(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
regretting now that your won't solve anything ma,the excruciating pains your son and the apc government has caused this our beloved country is pathetic, I won't limit the injudicious, callous attitude of your son to him alone.
Rather the we all know our system is very dicky and we the inhabitants are now so disconsolate.
I wonder how you were able to live this long hearing of the multiple killing your son and his cohorts where carrying out daily whilst he was still alive,I must say you are a strong woman. Your son's actions are now faitaccompli.

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by nabiz(m): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Even the earth regret having you as a mother.

105 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2021
She should not regret. I pity the poor woman. She didn't tell shekau to be a Boko Haram Commander.

The most important thing is, she's not a member herself

162 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2021
nabiz:

Nawa o! Oga this your vex fit nuke people o.

Remember Derico's mother never wished to give birth to a notorious armed robber.

Remember Oyenusi's mother never for one day wished to give birth to a notorious armed robber also.

Also, remember that Anini's mother didn't pray to God give her a nightmare as a son.

It's not Shekau's mother's fault that she gave birth to a blood sucker, Abubakar Shekau decided to become a terrorist same with Derico, Oyenusi and Anini that chose to became armed robbers also.

They all decided within themselves to become a menace to the society

295 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2021
I honestly think this is wrong. His mother never told him to join BH. He did it on his own. I stay very close to his village, and people from that village Will never accept they're from there to avoid being seen as a BH guy. A legacy he left for his village.

nabiz:

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Abdul05: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2021
Naturally, it happens in every family .There is always a black sheep of the family shocked so sad

Every evil person comes to earth thru a woman..it is just unfortunate for Mama. embarassed

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Maxymilliano(m): 8:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Falmata Abubakar, the mother of the late vicious Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, said she regretted giving birth to him because he was a tragedy to humanity.

Abubakar Shekau ... The cat with nine lives

The bold section is to buttress the reason abortion should be legalized ... cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by PrinceOfLagos: 8:22am On Nov 05, 2021
The woman that gave birth to a terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by skywalker240(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Abegi
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by WibusJaga: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2021

May we not regret giving birth to any of our children.
May none of our children bring dishonor & shame to us.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2021
nabiz:
Why insult the woman in agony...?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by ChiefSosa(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2021
No Islam. No Muslims. No Terrorists.
Haakeem:
you are a mumu man! Including those who liked your fucking comment.
Your tears are delicious!
Haakeem:
i guess....that is your first son with no manners of drinking water like father like songrin
LMAO. You're a silly goat! I hate you for making me laugh.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by obojememe: 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
u also have few blames too

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by ursullalinda(f): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
May we never have kids that will bring us shame and disgrace.......I feel it pain as a mother......Shakeu was a menace to the society and wasted sperm

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Boogyman557: 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by vedaxcool(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
But cownu parents are proud having him as a leader of foolish blood thirsty terrorists group of unintelligent poverty stricken minions.

Mama we regret it on your behalf. Your pronouncement has doomed shekau to hell.

Prophet Muhammad rightly said, "Heaven is under the feet of your mothers," as mothers play a pivotal role in preparing their children to live a healthy and prosperous life that contributes to the beauty of earth and society.
https://www.inforum.com/opinion/4443981-ahmad-heaven-under-feet-your-mothers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Sonnobax15(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by wisdomkid: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Powerful Words... POWERFUL
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by MRDEE01: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Who wouldn't?
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by ChiefSosa(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Abubakar Shekau ... The cat with nine lives

The bold section is to buttress the reason abortion should be legalized ... cool

How can she abort him, when she did not know what he will become? She simply gave birth to a baby that later became a monster.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by seyz91(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
confirm!
BeeBeeOoh:

Nawa o! Oga this your vex fit nuke people o.

Remember Derico's mother never wished to give north to a notorious armed robber.

Remember Oyenusi's mother never fr one day wished to give birth to a notorious armed robber also.

Also, remember that Anini's didn't pray to God give her a nightmare as a son.

It's not Shekau's mother's fault that she gave birth to a blood sucker, Abubakar Shekau decided to become a terrorist same with Derico, Oyenusi and Anini. They all decided withing themselves to become a menace to the society

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Curious345: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
You should be proud of him.... He is in Al-janah Firdaus,
because he was a pious and Born Again islamists, who deligently followed the holy books and the hadith.

. Don't forget he was an Amir of Islam and a mujaheeden who did not carry out an attack without screaming 'God is great' .

Fighting for his god

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by abimbolay: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Once you don disown am for your mind, he don settle
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by alawiiyeyoruba1: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
How are we even sure she's the real mother.

PATIENCE; A VIRTUE IN LEARNING YORUBA LANGUAGE
Many people often show interest in wanting to learn how to speak Yoruba language; however, they usually get discouraged after trying for a few days or even months because they seems not to be as fluent as they seems to want forgetting the most important ingredient in this their sojourn.
Patience in Yoruba is best described as a state of forbearance or restraint in the face of delay to understand the Yoruba language or provocation when others (Friends and families alike) make jest of either your intonations or pronunciations, without.................................. read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/patience-a-virtue-in-learning-yoruba-language/
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by SenatePresdo(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Buhari's mother would've lamented is she was alive.
Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by chiedu7: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
The man is still alive,nobody has seen his dead body

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: I Regret Giving Birth Abubakar Shekau - Mother Laments by Hadone(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is N488 The New Official Price Of Fuel? (NNPC Station In Lagos) / Onitsha Today / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.