Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? (1036 Views)

What's Your Opinion About Taking Showers With Your BF/GF? / Ladies!! Can You Trust Ur Bf To This Extent? / Name One Thing Yhu Can't Let Ur Bf/gf Do For Yhu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by nerdfrost(m): 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
My friend was discussing with me this morning! He told me that his gal told him to quit his friendship with me (reasons known only to her) but my friend refused saying that we've been thru thick n thin together grin (my friend na sure boy) he told me that she's giving him 1 week or she's out of their relationship! So, I decided to come to my second home to ask ooo.

Nairalanders,can u quit ur relationship with ur childhood friend because of ur Bf/Gf?? And pls what shud my friend do?
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by JanuaryTempest(f): 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
On what grounds? There better be a very good reason for me to even pay him any mind & not think he's gone crazy.

As much as I don't have a problem with cutting people off, but I need good reasons, "just because I say so" just ain't gonna cut it. Sorry.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by IamLEGEND1: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
I go just chill,wait for her 'deadline' to pass.....make she pack her things waka.

Ain't nobody got time for paranoid harlóts.

#BrosB4Hoes

1 Like

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
Does he really want to be with someone who would make ridiculous ultimatums like this?
She sounds really
immature.

1 Like

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by Takim107(f): 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
Try not to interfere in their relationship, she might have noticed your over closeness with him that's why she said that....One good turn deserve another remember?..mind how you play and act with him you're friends remember? Because if he ask u out now would you agree? Be warned....advice him to be more caring and you Watch your boundary....cus if your boyfriend dose same ur tears will turn blood...try and be friends with her too.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by ronald4ever(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
He doesn't have to wait till her deadline elapses to be kicked out, kick her ass out first.

Childhood friendship is true friendship, the bond sometimes is stronger than that which exist between blood relatives. Any lady or any one who dare want to come in-between should be oust out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by missKiffy(f): 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
It depends
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by Takim107(f): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Advice him as a friend. .maybe his happiness is misplaced....Men!
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by Lordprez: 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
I would try to understand if it were a female childhood female buh a childhood nigga?undecided... Haba! chick thinks her pvssi is goldplated abi?

ah wouldn't break up decades of friendship over some months wif some chick whose just gonna walk out of my life someday... not even if I were drunk, conji-striken and brain dead at the same time

#HoesEverywhere

2 Likes

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by TheSonOfMark(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
ronald4ever:
He doesn't have to wait till her deadline elapses to be kicked out, kick her ass out first.

Childhood friendship is true friendship, the bond sometimes is stronger than that which exist between blood relatives. Any lady or any one who dare want to come in-between should be oust out.

Maybe the OP is a chronic womanizer. Maybe she feels the OP's philandering lifestyle would influence his friend (her boyfriend). Maybe the OP barely dates women for long.

I could give a thousand reasons why she feels her relationship is threatened by their continuous friendship.

The OP's friend shouldn't have told him about her fears though. He should have allayed her fears by reiterating his commitment to continuously make his relationship with her work. That's what A MATURED MAN should do.

1 Like

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by freindsofdesign: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
Click this link here to start: https://do9.typeform.com/to/bkj2sO
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by Fraih(f): 4:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
Who does that? Who ends some real childhood friendship for a girlfriend?
Nah, ur friend shouldn't.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by ril19(m): 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
One's BForGF shouldn't even compel one to quit his or her friendship. as a mature fellow one should know who a quality friend is. therefore if your friend doesn't make any positive impact in your life, then your 'friend' is not a friend.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by pweetychyka(f): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
That can only happen for some vital reasons... If not that, It's a big NO!

Reason No. 1 - If my childhood friend has decided to be wayward with less positive additions to ma present life then it's a big YES...

Reason No. 2 - If my childhood friend says positive CHANGE is far from him or he is adamant to it then I can strongly stand on the YES

#jezmaownchoice

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by ronald4ever(m): 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Maybe the OP is a chronic womanizer. Maybe she feels the OP's philandering lifestyle would influence his friend (her boyfriend). Maybe the OP barely dates women for long.

I could give a thousand reasons why she feels her relationship is threatened by their continuous friendship.

The OP's friend shouldn't have told him about her fears though. He should have allayed her fears by reiterating his commitment to continuously make his relationship with her work. That's what A MATURED MAN should do.

Fair retort. I understand her reasons for kicking against their friendship is valid. But she should also know that his reason for maintaining the friendship for ages is also valid. And if the OP is a womaniser, chances are that her boyfriend too could be one. For them to have sustained their friendship that long means they could have common habits.

The thing with most ladies is that they would rather neglect and pain no attention to their significant other misdemeanor but would rather think their friends are the influencer of such habit or could sway them. Their partner friends are usually a soft target rather than cast out the demon from their lover themselves.

1 Like

Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by JanuaryTempest(f): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

You're raising some very good points. It's really up to him to bridge the gap here. Maybe keep them apart or something, because fact is, a GF is not gonna like every single one of your friends/people unless she's being pretentious or lacks personality.

I once dated a guy & just didn't like his annoying ass friend. He was just irritating. I was honest with the guy & told him that I didn't like his friend & to please not bring him around me. It kinda worked & on the days when he insisted on coming, I was civil but kept it frosty lol. This girl in this story is extreme though.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by tpiar: 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
nerdfrost:
. . . . . . . .

did you toast her?

going by your profile signature.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by nerdfrost(m): 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
tpiar:

did you toast her?

going by your profile signature.
. I don't do such ooo! Going by my proflie signature ke! Do I look like a flirt? undecided
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by tpiaobsession: 6:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
Were you admiring her and licking your lips and she saw you?
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by nerdfrost(m): 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
tpiaobsession:
Were you admiring her and licking your lips and she saw you?
. No, I just act normal around her like a normal friend would! I even buy things for her self
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by tpiaobsession: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ok then maybe you should try to find out why she doesnt like you.

perhaps you look like her ex.

If her reason is frivolous or she cant give a good reason, then I dont know o.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by nerdfrost(m): 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
tpiaobsession:
Ok then maybe you should try to find out why she doesnt like you.

perhaps you look like her ex.

If her reason is frivolous or she cant give a good reason, then I dont know o.

. I don't know anytin about her past relationship oo
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by tpiaobsession: 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
well, this is a quandary then.
Re: Can U End Your Childhood Friendship Because Of Ur Bf/gf?? by Jusmudi(m): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
No matter wat, my frnd remains my frnd. Depends shall no matter wat Nathaniel my frnd ll do, I ll always 4give him d next min. Girls always bring problem b/w best frnds nd lera run away, so my frnd is number, even my wife is aware of it

(1) (Reply)

Was I Foolish Or Over Reacted / Advice Pls.....cuse M So Confused / Do U Think She Is Still Inlove With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.