Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (55910 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Senate Suspends Confirmation Of 27 INEC RECs Over Magu's Leadership of EFCC / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
And who's a bastard?
seangy4konji:
What i steal from you ma
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
asadike:
Nna, abu kwa mu agu nwanyi. Achorom nwoke kalaaka.
NNE akalaa mu aka ooh...abum nwata anayo eze nke mbu.ujoo adiro ya
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by seangy4konji: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
you say
amtaken:
And who's a bastard?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by joe4christ(m): 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
amtaken:
My APC colleague told me that Buhari is the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria. She said that Buhari is a punishment to Nigeria. Let's pray for our country.

And who gives a f*ck about what you and your friend think.
Gerrara here mehn!
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by asadike(f): 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
engees001:

NNE akalaa mu aka ooh...abum nwata anayo eze nke mbu.ujoo adiro ya
lol. Odinma, kam were ujo kweta.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by dragunov: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
asadike:
Hater, let it be, it doesnt concern u in any way.
hatest leave me alone. grin
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
You just commented so you give a damn son.
joe4christ:

And who gives a f*ck about what you and your friend think.
Gerrara here mehn!

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
plaetton:

Lol @ your Pedestrian logic.

The rule of law is the rule of law.
It is meant to serve everyone, no matter the circumstances.

If we, as you suggest, subscribe to a lower, substandard version of the rule of law, what would that make us , and whose interests would that serve; yours or mine ?

There should never be a shortcut to justice.
Remember the adage that a shortcut is always the wrong cut.

We should always always worry about the liberty of everyone, your neighbor's liberty is also your liberty.
There are more than 70,000 of your fellow citizens sitting in PRISONS---not even jails--- awaiting trial for upwards of 5yrs or more:

HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE YOU SPOKEN IN FAVOR OF? HOW MANY HAVE YOU PROTESTED FOR?

Hypocrite!
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by plaetton: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
There are more than 70,000 of your fellow citizens sitting in PRISONS---not even jails--- awaiting trial for upwards of 5yrs or more:

HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE YOU SPOKEN IN FAVOR OF? HOW MANY HAVE YOU PROTESTED FOR?

Hypocrite!

You are being disingenuous sir.
Court congestions are normal in every society. Our non-computerized record system makes it even worse.
We should strengthen and streamline the judicial system to serve everyone.

When we speak for one person , we speak for everyone.

Now, intruding on the sacred precincts of the rule of law, the sacred precincts of habaes corpus, the holy of holies of democratic culture, is a disgrace, a sad throwback to the locust years, a re-enactment of negative history.

Calling me a hypocrite for speaking up for habaes corpus is very very disingenuous on your part, sir.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marv1: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
demarc001:

Mr. Man I never said he should not be tried or made to pay back/punished if found guilty. All I am pointing out is everyone deserve fairness irrespective of class. Nigerians are always quick condemning and wishing evil to the rich with any slight chance, guilty or not (Not only politicians). Its is simply the black man's jealous, envy, hate, witchcraft mentality. 99% of the people shouting crucify here how many of them will shout crucify him if it were to be a relative that is in their good book?
If its the poor we will call it intimidation. EFCC have a case against him, simple let them take him to court. (See how fast they took Tompolo to court cos they know they have a real case with him, someone in your custody and the one out there who is easier to take to court?) Two wrongs no matter how decorated never makes a right
I am not among the rich but that doesn't mean I should hate them.
Nawa o for all these kids on NL. u are talking about fairness when some few people are on rampage to sell off this country. If u can imagine the level of stealing and the damage u wont be talking about fairness. These politicians no send anybody, they have stolen so much that they can sponsor coup or terrorism. A thief came to ur house to kill u and ur family and steal ur money, u are here talking about fairness. If u truely knnw dasuki u wont be talking like this. Nobody is intimidating anybody. Efcc is acting within the law. They sought permissn of abuja court to detain him. so let them be. When they were looting did they consider any fairness. These looters have mortgaged the future of ur chilren yet unborn and u are yet talking about fairness. But their own children are not in nigeria and are living like prince and princess. Over 2million people in idp camps, Over 20000 people have lost their lives. If ur family happens to be one of them that have died. Would u still be shouting fairness or witch hunting? Pls i dont jealosy or envy them because they have dead conscience, they dont have clean hands. I hate it when u use ur position to defraud and u are not remoseful about it . Nonsense .

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by demarc001: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
marv1:
Nawa o for all these kids on NL. u are talking about fairness when some few people are on rampage to sell off this country. If u can imagine the level of stealing and the damage u wont be talking about fairness. These politicians no send anybody, they have stolen so much that they can sponsor coup or terrorism. A thief came to ur house to kill u and ur family and steal ur money, u are here talking about fairness. If u truely knnw dasuki u wont be talking like this. Nobody is intimidating anybody. Efcc is acting within the law. They sought permissn of abuja court to detain him. so let them be. When they were looting did they consider any fairness. Nonsence joor.

Old man congrat. You have now shift from Metuh to dasuki just to justify that its within the law. There is no court issue against Metuh. Leave matter for Mathias
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marv1: 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
demarc001:

Old man congrat. You have now shift from Metuh to dasuki just to justify that its within the law. There is no court issue against Metuh. Leave matter for Mathias
Small boy. Check today dailies. They obtained express order to detain menthu for 13 days or there about to enable them conclude investigation, they are taking him to court tomorrow or next week.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by demarc001: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2016
marv1:
Small boy. Check today dailies. They obtained express order to detain menthu for 13 days or there about to enable them conclude investigation, they are taking him to court tomorrow or next week.
Listen to yourself, they obtain today, is it before or after our yesteday's debate?

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marv1: 12:23am On Jan 15, 2016
demarc001:

Listen to yourself, they obtain today, is it before or after our yesteday's debate?
Read very well . I didnt say they obtained it today. Why am i still talking to u self.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:48am On Jan 15, 2016
plaetton:

You are being disingenuous sir.
Court congestions are normal in every society. Our non-computerized record system makes it even worse.
We should strengthen and streamline the judicial system to serve everyone.

When we speak for one person , we speak for everyone.

Now, intruding on the sacred precincts of the rule of law, the sacred precincts of habaes corpus, the holy of holies of democratic culture, is a disgrace, a sad throwback to the locust years, a re-enactment of negative history.

Calling me a hypocrite for speaking up for habaes corpus is very very disingenuous on your part, sir.
Ok, I apologize for calling you a hypocrite... is IDIOT better? Because when you defend people that destroy your country and condemn it's inhabitants to poverty and insecurity I can't think of more polite words to describe your likes.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=asadike post=41973959] lol. Odinma, kam were ujo kweta.[/quote olee obodo GI?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by plaetton: 7:11am On Jan 15, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Ok, I apologize for calling you a hypocrite... is IDIOT better? Because when you defend people that destroy your country and condemn it's inhabitants to poverty and insecurity I can't think of more polite words to describe your likes.

In this case, you are more the idio.t , considering your very poor comprehension skills and your pedestrian logic.

If , from everything I have posted on this thread, you infer that I am defending a person, or some persons, then surely , comprehension and critical thinking are your weak spots.

The rule of law. Habaes Corpus.
If you're not sure what they mean, pls do yourself a favor and read up on them.

They are not legal technicalities.
They are the fundamentals of any criminal justice system.
They cannot and should never be jettisoned or compromised for any form of expediency,..unless, of course, this is the beginning of mob rule in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by gracephysics(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2016
marv1:
so if tinubu is caught we should start judging him before going to court. Imagine if gej has done this to him when he was in power wat will pple b sayin. Do the rite tins d right way. If it was the court that verified all dis tins against him no body will b complaining. Doing the right tins the wrong way is not the best , me i belive apc is hiding some tins with the way tins are done GEJ has no clue about anything and dont even have guts to do anything tangible. so leave him out of this. Nobody is judging anybody. the fact is that was money misappropriated or not and stop beating around the bush defending a thief. If anybody has anything against anybody , he should come forward to efcc to prosecute the person and not appealing to public sympathy.
u said gej was clueless yet he held the a transparent election. The economy was better under him. Now yr cluefull buhari is there now no free nd fair election econony is plunderin nd no respect for law. Nobody is apallin for public sympathy we need a good
opposition the govt is tryin to kill opposition. If u hv anytin against him take him to court simple
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by demarc001: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2016
marv1:
Read very well . I didnt say they obtained it today. Why am i still talking to u self.
Cos u find it interesting

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:56am On Jan 15, 2016
plaetton:

In this case, you are more the idio.t , considering your very poor comprehension skills and your pedestrian logic.

If , from everything I have posted on this thread, you infer that I am defending a person, or some persons, then surely , comprehension and critical thinking are your weak spots.

The rule of law. Habaes Corpus.
If you're not sure what they mean, pls do yourself a favor and read up on them.

They are not legal technicalities.
They are the fundamentals of any criminal justice system.
They cannot and should never be jettisoned or compromised for any form of expediency,..unless, of course, this is the beginning of mob rule in Nigeria.
The little African that doesn't know what it means to have 50 straight years of uninterrupted power supply or access to an impartial court is actually trying to teach me about Writs.

You don't see me trying to teach you how to make a fo*ol of yourself in public (by pretending to be versed in a topic I know nothing about but which was a source of living to another for 30+ years), you do that excellently on your own, so why do you think you've got the right to try to "teach" me the law? We are all experts in different things, so lets keep it at that.

To God, a majority of your population is clearly asinine. Theres just no way you guys are normal with the way you all approach issues.

P.S: For the record, its Habeas and not HABAES like you've been spelling it in all your posts. Now, feel free to go edit the previous posts where you showed your crass idiocy and prowess in pretense.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by plaetton: 11:11am On Jan 15, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
The little African that doesn't know what it means to have 50 straight years of uninterrupted power supply or access to an impartial court is actually trying to teach me about Writs.

I'm not trying to teach you how make a fo*ol of yourself in public (by pretending to be versed in a topic), you do that excellently on your own, so why do you think you've got the right to try to "teach" me the law? We are all experts in different things, so lets keep it at that.

To God, a majority of your population is clearly asinine. Theres just no way you guys are normal with the way you all approach issues.

You didn't make any sense here.

All I see here are meaningless babble, and a touch of cognitive dissonance.

I was actually expecting better.

To me, someone, anyone who thinks the rule of law should be whimsically shoved aside, emotionally rationalized away for judicial expediency, is the definition of ASININE.

And if that person happens to be educated, then a refund of his educational expenses should be claimed.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by kayfra: 11:34am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Metuh nwanna, give me five! u are a true son of your father. Na you fit EFCC. The igbo blood runs in you. chai! ndi igbo and boldness are like bread and butter.

Your values are @ucked up.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by joe4christ(m): 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
amtaken:
You just commented so you give a damn son.

Son ke
Babe, you no get respect sha, yankee don format your brain shey.
I no just get your time! angry
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by gabmanuel(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
amtaken:
As if you don't know that she's right.

By the way, not everybody lies like your Liar Mohammed.
liar
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by asadike(f): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
kayfra:

no problem as long as u cant erase it.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by asadike(f): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
kayfra:

no problem as long as u cant erase it.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Arnoldo(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Well, I do not know that he has been charged to court or not, so I can't comment on that. My comment was on handling Pre-Trial detainees. It's unfortunate that most of you responding to my post negatively come across as poorly educated because it seems comprehension is a serious problem. This issue also seems to have been exacerbated by hate and intolerance.

As to your second question, yes, we do leak info on ongoing investigations. We also make the accused suspects do "Pep walks" where we secretly/anonymously "brief" the press to "stop by" and have the accused look into their cameras while his hands are cuffed behind his back as he's being marched into court.

Don't worry, you guys are learning. You'll get it soon, in due time.
So when court grant your suspect bail your govt rearrest them immediately after the court process
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:22am On Jan 17, 2016
Arnoldo:
So when court grant your suspect bail your govt rearrest them immediately after the court process
Well, the Nigerian System is peculiar, so you need to stop pretending to yourself like it's anything but.

That said, yes, here in the United States we have something called "Sealed Indictments". Meaning, the charges are secret and only the Government/Prosecutor/Judge/ and/or Grand Jury know about its existence. The Indictment can become unsealed anywhere and you'll be arrested on the spot. It could be at your wedding, your hospital bed, Child's christening or.... even as you walk down the court steps after being granted bail on another charge in another case.

The system is sanitizing itself.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by bakila: 7:19am On Jan 17, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Olisa Metuh is a true son of Igboland!! I like his bold and unwavering spirit!! Buhari's compromised EFCCC have met their match in him!!

The man would make a mess of these fools in court!! Let the case begin
Nop, the Nigerian and Igbo Prisoners and Prison Wardens who the N400m belong to will make a mess of his anal hole and knees when he is reminded in prison custody.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ok son!
joe4christ:

Son ke
Babe, you no get respect sha, yankee don format your brain shey.
I no just get your time! angry
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
Arnoldo:

Bros, please, pretend to be educated. The re-arrest was on different charges from the one granted bail on. If that doesn't put things in perspective for you it is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
alcmene:
Adeyanju Deji, the Peoples Democratic Party’s director of new media, has narrated how he visited Olisa Metuh, the PDP’s spokesperson, who was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) last week.

Deji further quoted Metuh saying: “They have tried to blackmail & spoil my name. Just imagine all they have said about me. Telling lies against me.

“First they said I was collecting N5million Naira monthly from office of NSA, imagine if u were my staff how u will feel hearing that. Imagine how all the news people & my staff working with me felt when they heard I was collecting N5milion Naira from Dasuki. They will say so this man was a wicked man. So he was collecting money from Dasuki & other places & was always telling us no money.

“Then they said I received N1.4billion, another big lie. All what they wanted was for everybody to see me like a common thief & hate me.

“Finally they came back to say I only got N400million. I have made a statement that former president asked me to do an assignment 4 him. In my statement, I stated that former president Jonathan gave me an assignment, he asked for an account & I gave him my company account. I got N400m which I used for the job he asked me to do. I gave a report to him of job done & he was satisfied. I have a copy of the report I submitted to the former president. EfCC asked me who I shared the money to & said it’s not their buz.

“That if they have any evidence against me, they should charge me to court. I have not called anyone’s name & will never call anyone. It is not a crime to carry out an assignment for a president & successfully do it as well. I have no regrets.

“They asked me for a copy of my report to the former president. I asked them are they the Court? I stated in my statement that it is a lie that I was collecting N5m Naira monthly from Dasuki or anyone in GEJ’s government. I stated they should investigate me thoroughly. If I have ever received any kobo from any parastatal or agency then I will plead guilty.”

Deji noted that Metuh commended the PDP and all members of the party for the great job during the governorship elections in Bayelsa state.

Continuing his narration, Metuh was quoted to have said:

“Imagine the EFCC boss sent my lawyer to me to ask me to return some of the money from the N400m. Unbelievable.

“Deji this government are not interested in democracy or civil liberty at all. You are guilty once they say so.

“Reason why they are doing media trials is because they have noting to offer this nation. That’s why they are doing this Telemundo.

“All what we told them is the same thing the IMF woman came to tell them. We told them u can’t borrow to fund 2016 budget. What we told them about Dollar is what they have finally agreed to do now. They have no ideas or clue about governance.

“They don’t believe in democracy or the notion of “innocent before proven guilty.” They want to silent every critic.”

https://www.naij.com/694901-metuh-told-visited-yesterday-pdp-new-media-boss.html

Weeks after, now we see the truth unfold in the courtroom. It is now quite apparent that Metuh is a shameless and conscienceless thief who is vicariously responsible for the death of our ill-equipped soldiers. So painful those dead soldiers have no one to narrate their experience at the hands of Metuh and Dasuki who consigned them to body bags. Metuh is an accessory after the fact of terrorism by B.H. Metuh is as unrepentant as he is murderous;to imagine that pictures of him at a meal with his family after exiting prison made it online!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photo: Amosun’s Victory Rally / #TrashChallenge: See What Youths In Ibadan Did At Agodi Gate - Photos / Russian Trolls Meddling In 2020 US Elections Take Cover In Nigeria - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.