Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (55887 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Senate Suspends Confirmation Of 27 INEC RECs Over Magu's Leadership of EFCC / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marv1: 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
demarc001:

Listen to yourself is Ibori a citizen? How many of their citizens do they treat so?
Well since its ok by you I pray any of your relative/love one that accused of such act irrespective of big or small amount (thief na thief small or big) should receive same treatment. If you are not sentimental just say amen without giving conditions
because their citizens dares not do what ibori did even the prime minister cant. A BIG AMEN to ur prayer becos i have no criminal minded, shameless people like this. I haue nothing to fear. Its only bigots like u that are morally deficient and criminaly minded. That is why u can not defend the defenceless poor people but u want to defend the rich that u dont belong to their class. May be they shared u part of the loot. What a shame?

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by billyG(m): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Emmysteve:
What kind of Democracy are we really practicing in this zoo? You accused some body of collecting over 400 million and ask him to return instead of taking him to a competent court? Buhari is a curse to this nation. Tiufia kwa
Take him to our useless corrupt court so that he will escape justice abi?this whiteman's court is a joke,let do it d trad.way,take him to okija shrine 2 swear is better.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by goziedave(m): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
jnrremedy:

Pls sir be objective in your reasoning
A private individual that is a chieftain in the ruling party admitted collecting money from a government agency for a private work done for the president and your are saying he has no question to ans
Pls sir think again

well if we are to be objective sir, be truthful, if you work for pmb and later you are arrested that he paid you with money ment for arms purchase in the country... Is it right? Should he(pmb) not be arrested? Why will it be you?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by wirinet(m): 11:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
I hope you did not sign this statement especially the bolded part or repeat this statement it in a law court. If you do, i am sure you will not get less than 10 years.
“Finally they came back to say I only got N400million. I have made a statement that former president asked me to do an assignment 4 him. In my statement, I stated that former president Jonathan gave me an assignment, he asked for an account & I gave him [size=14pt] my company account [/size]. I got N400m which I used for the job he asked me to do. I gave a report to him of job done & he was satisfied. I have a copy of the report I submitted to the former president. EfCC asked me who I shared the money to & said it’s not their buz.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by MrAnalyst: 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
What is he being remanded for? This sort of practice is just horrible. If he has being arrested then evidence has being discovered. The next step is for him to be arraigned. Why arrest him indefinitely. This is unfair. Charge him to court let him defend himself or let him go if you have no case. Nigeria is so useless!
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by nkowaputa(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
phemmie06:
Oga Methu sorry oooooo . But what assignment cost 400 million naira. If it was to construct a building it must be expensive than Dangote's house. Or can't the public know it

He said he will only show it in court which is the right thing.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Johnsinia(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
jnrremedy:

I hate commenting on issues like this on public forum because nigerians are too tribalistic and sentimentally but in this case I can't just help it. Its so sad that we allow sentiments to cloud our ability to make subjective reasoning. Sorry to say but a whole lot of us are either too silly or we lack any mental capacity to make logical reasoning
A ruling party member accepted collecting public funds for running errands for an elected public office holder and nobody sees anything wrong with that, in a saner environment that alone is enough for self acceptance of being guilty of corruption
And it is totally irresponsible for a law abiding citizen that he claimed he to be to decline answering questions from an law enforcing agency that alone is incriminating.
These people deserves whatsoever is befalling them they have caused a whole lot of harm pls stop defending them
It is you that have lost his sense of reasoning. Don't even go on a debate with intelictuals cos you will be beaten like an illiterate.
The constitution do not give the EFCC any right to hold in detention anybody for too long without given a fair trial in the court of law. EFCC just like the police can arrest any SUSPECT, interrogate the suspect for evidence in not more than 48hrs and then charge the SUSPECT to court. It is only the court that have the constitutional right to pronounce the SUSPECT guilty or not. Any order other than this is pure injustice and corruption. Point of correction pls, nobody is defending him here, what they are saying is charge him to court. Simple.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by nkowaputa(m): 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
U re jus a proud ibo thief. U jus confirmed what we ve been saying! Steal govt money and the ibo man will say he be our brother! Come and rule Nigeria for ur dream! Keep dreaming!

Abacha. .... Igbo
Dasuki.....Igbo
IBB....Igbo
All the people Dasuki shared money to Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
alcmene:

Where in YOUR STATES does the president pronounce suspects guilty even without being pronounced so by the court of competent jurisdiction

You ever heard of "Barack Obama"? What of "Osama Bin Laden"?

Yes? No?

Ok, then.

You need to stop pretending like you know what in the hell you're talking about.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by paramakina202: 11:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
So apc and buhari dey kidnap people and ask for ransom before they release them.
Na wao for this kind change.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by jnrremedy(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Johnsinia:

It is you that have lost his sense of reasoning. Don't even go on a debate with intelictuals cos you will be beaten like an illiterate.
The constitution do not give the EFCC any right to hold in detention anybody for too long without given a fair trial in the court of law. EFCC just like the police can arrest any SUSPECT, interrogate the suspect for evidence in not more than 48hrs and then charge the SUSPECT to court. It is only the court that have the constitutional right to pronounce the SUSPECT guilty or not. Any order other than this is pure injustice and corruption. Point of correction pls, nobody is defending him here, what they are saying is charge him to court. Simple.
You are super wrong sir the criminal code as amended clearly gives d law enforcement agency power to Detain a suspect for addition 26 (13 days twice) days as far as they approach a judge. Efcc did that and the judge(magistrate judge) granted their request

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marv1: 11:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
so if tinubu is caught we should start judging him before going to court. Imagine if gej has done this to him when he was in power wat will pple b sayin. Do the rite tins d right way. If it was the court that verified all dis tins against him no body will b complaining. Doing the right tins the wrong way is not the best , me i belive apc is hiding some tins with the way tins are done[quote author=gracephysics post=41949159][/quote] GEJ has no clue about anything and dont even have guts to do anything tangible. so leave him out of this. Nobody is judging anybody. the fact is that was money misappropriated or not and stop beating around the bush defending a thief. If anybody has anything against anybody , he should come forward to efcc to prosecute the person and not appealing to public sympathy.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Arnoldo:
And in ur states how many weeks d they hold a suspect b4 charging to court And do they release info on ongoing investigation to the press/social media?
Well, I do not know that he has been charged to court or not, so I can't comment on that. My comment was on handling Pre-Trial detainees. It's unfortunate that most of you responding to my post negatively come across as poorly educated because it seems comprehension is a serious problem. This issue also seems to have been exacerbated by hate and intolerance.

As to your second question, yes, we do leak info on ongoing investigations. We also make the accused suspects do "Pep walks" where we secretly/anonymously "brief" the press to "stop by" and have the accused look into their cameras while his hands are cuffed behind his back as he's being marched into court.

Don't worry, you guys are learning. You'll get it soon, in due time.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marv1: 11:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
where was the constitution when they were stealing the money ? where was the rule of law when they were sharing and stealing this money? But the same Constitution u are claiming has detained people for years without trial but now because its a big man u are shouting Constitution. which means there is an aspect of constitution meanT for the poor and another aspect meant for the rich. What a shame a big to nigeria? In your eyes now the money they are sharing are entitled to them abi? In a sane country they will not even bail him becos its a criminal offense. Only God will deliver from people like u in this country.
Johnsinia:

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:01am On Jan 14, 2016
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

E no go better for you.

Do you know how many Americans are in jail for months awaiting trial, fuuktard?
Years!

I've represented people sitting awaiting trial for 3-5yrs. On one occasion I represented someone awaiting trial for almost 7yrs. And what was this case about? Drugs and murder of which not even a gram could be directly linked to him. He wasn't caught on wire taps,nor could he be directly placed at the scene of any of the murders. But, his "trusted" Lieutenants in his organization ratted him out. He ended up pleading guilty and getting sentenced to Life in Prison without the possibility of parole ; which he viewed as a win because he was initially facing the death penalty.

Mr Metuh and co are worse than the man I referenced above.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:01am On Jan 14, 2016
Don't you?

Bukiminaj:

and you believed her
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:06am On Jan 14, 2016
plaetton:

Americans stand in jail awaiting trial after they had been charged with crimes, had bail hearings, and then perhaps unable to meet bail conditions.

No.one is held in American jail without charge beyond 48 hours.
Yes, because your insane country is now sane America.

Why don't you have 24hr electricity like America before worrying about the liberty of those that denied you the opportunity to enjoy something the rest of the world views as normal but which to you is a luxury?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:06am On Jan 14, 2016
As if you don't know that she's right.

By the way, not everybody lies like your Liar Mohammed.
gabmanuel:
liar...
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by almujeebe(m): 12:07am On Jan 14, 2016
phemmie06:
Oga Methu sorry oooooo . But what assignment cost 400 million naira. If it was to construct a building it must be expensive than Dangote's house. Or can't the public know it

Let the court ask him that question, not EFCC or You. And somebody used 60million for ordinary website, you didn't ask him any question.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Iykon1313(m): 12:09am On Jan 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
U re jus a proud ibo thief. U jus confirmed what we ve been saying! Steal govt money and the ibo man will say he be our brother! Come and rule Nigeria for ur dream! Keep dreaming!

I never knew myopic people still exist in this naija.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Iykon1313(m): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2016
almujeebe:

Let the court ask him that question, not EFCC or You. And somebody used 60million for ordinary website, you didn't ask him any question.

Is efcc court to ask that question? Y will they detain him more than efcc law. Rubbish
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2016
Am not your Liar Mohammed.
edupedia:

...yeye lie lie!...
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by almujeebe(m): 12:13am On Jan 14, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
If this was here in the States, does this pendejo know that he just talked himself into at least 20 years in Prison?! HE HAS NO DEFENSE!!!

And why is the EFCC allowing all sorts of characters visit inmates pending trial? The ONLY people that should be allowed to visit him PRE-TRIAL are his legal team; even his spouse should only be allowed to speak to him on monitored phone calls and only for a few minutes each week until the conclusion of proceedings. He should not be allowed access to his PERSONAL phones, and his letters--- both incoming and outgoing--- except VERIFIED Attorney/Client correspondence should be monitored. The result of neglecting control of Pre-Trial Inmates is the idiocy we see in the above article.

Anyway, Nigeria is still learning, hopefully they get it right before it's too late.

So are you now saying we should adopt "states" styles even though Nigeria constitution and "state" constitution are not the same.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:13am On Jan 14, 2016
So you think everybody is Liar Mohammed?

We are talking bad economy and you talking gworo kworoftion. Ewu can beer. quote author=free2blast post=41944702] Stop lying, your friend is a PDP person. No sentiments is allowed in this fight against corruption. All the goat that ate our yams must vomit it, else they will be disected to get the yam out. [/quote]
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:14am On Jan 14, 2016
Lucky bastard
seangy4konji:
Sexy mama i sight you...waoh....Lucky bastard weh take you god go deh bless am deh go oooo.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by wadremremmy: 12:14am On Jan 14, 2016
alcmene:
Adeyanju Deji, the Peoples Democratic Party’s director of new media, has narrated how he visited Olisa Metuh, the PDP’s spokesperson, who was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) last week.

Deji further quoted Metuh saying: “They have tried to blackmail & spoil my name. Just imagine all they have said about me. Telling lies against me.

“First they said I was collecting N5million Naira monthly from office of NSA, imagine if u were my staff how u will feel hearing that. Imagine how all the news people & my staff working with me felt when they heard I was collecting N5milion Naira from Dasuki. They will say so this man was a wicked man. So he was collecting money from Dasuki & other places & was always telling us no money.

“Then they said I received N1.4billion, another big lie. All what they wanted was for everybody to see me like a common thief & hate me.

“Finally they came back to say I only got N400million. I have made a statement that former president asked me to do an assignment 4 him. In my statement, I stated that former president Jonathan gave me an assignment, he asked for an account & I gave him my company account. I got N400m which I used for the job he asked me to do. I gave a report to him of job done & he was satisfied. I have a copy of the report I submitted to the former president. EfCC asked me who I shared the money to & said it’s not their buz.

“That if they have any evidence against me, they should charge me to court. I have not called anyone’s name & will never call anyone. It is not a crime to carry out an assignment for a president & successfully do it as well. I have no regrets.

“They asked me for a copy of my report to the former president. I asked them are they the Court? I stated in my statement that it is a lie that I was collecting N5m Naira monthly from Dasuki or anyone in GEJ’s government. I stated they should investigate me thoroughly. If I have ever received any kobo from any parastatal or agency then I will plead guilty.”

Deji noted that Metuh commended the PDP and all members of the party for the great job during the governorship elections in Bayelsa state.

Continuing his narration, Metuh was quoted to have said:

“Imagine the EFCC boss sent my lawyer to me to ask me to return some of the money from the N400m. Unbelievable.

“Deji this government are not interested in democracy or civil liberty at all. You are guilty once they say so.

“Reason why they are doing media trials is because they have noting to offer this nation. That’s why they are doing this Telemundo.

“All what we told them is the same thing the IMF woman came to tell them. We told them u can’t borrow to fund 2016 budget. What we told them about Dollar is what they have finally agreed to do now. They have no ideas or clue about governance.

“They don’t believe in democracy or the notion of “innocent before proven guilty.” They want to silent every critic.”

See statement wey thief they make, u do something for ur president and u can nt say it out and u are in problem that cAn lead to ur death, is ur president God...

Bt in all of this cases, I blive that jonathan want to treat all of u 4k up, cos don't blive that is buhari that is doing all this mess,

If we nigerians think well, jonathan had meetin with bahri after elections more that 5time, b4 the arest of Dansuki... So think well guyz

https://www.naij.com/694901-metuh-told-visited-yesterday-pdp-new-media-boss.html
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:15am On Jan 14, 2016
Buhari is not competent.

Am not begging you to visit the blog.

In fact if I see you there I will block you till buhari resigns.
shogotermies:

you sound like a liar, cus I checked your profile and I saw this is bigger than your mouth and is this how you want people to visit to your website @ www.naijacoolgist.com . am not anybody party member, am only in campaign for a better Nigeria, this guys aren't denying that they are not stealing the country fund,. so whats the probs now,. but all successive president of our country has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:16am On Jan 14, 2016
Wake up from your nightmares.
Dudeweedlmao:

What would your boyfriend say about you posting your boobs on an anonymous self loathing forum?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by amtaken(f): 12:19am On Jan 14, 2016
These Lair Mohammed children think that everybody is a liar.
NOETHNICITY:
Wailers can lie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by manutdadex(m): 12:19am On Jan 14, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
If this was here in the States, does this pendejo know that he just talked himself into at least 20 years in Prison?! HE HAS NO DEFENSE!!!

And why is the EFCC allowing all sorts of characters visit inmates pending trial? The ONLY people that should be allowed to visit him PRE-TRIAL are his legal team; even his spouse should only be allowed to speak to him on monitored phone calls and only for a few minutes each week until the conclusion of proceedings. He should not be allowed access to his PERSONAL phones, and his letters--- both incoming and outgoing--- except VERIFIED Attorney/Client correspondence should be monitored. The result of neglecting control of Pre-Trial Inmates is the idiocy we see in the above article.

Anyway, Nigeria is still learning, hopefully they get it right before it's too late.
so in d states too...tyrant dey?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:20am On Jan 14, 2016
udemzyudex:

What has this got to do with EFCC refusing to take him to court?
Exactly!!!

You're just halfway as stu*pid as the rest of your brothers. That's commendable. You're not on full-ret*ard mode yet.

As you rightly noticed--- in the post you responded to---I commented ONLY on how to handle Pre-Trial detainees and the seriousness required in such situations. Then your brothers went Ape shi*t crazy.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by SHAIBULIAR: 12:28am On Jan 14, 2016
asadike:
yes, we are criminals, we are already criminalising d efcc. now go and die!
fok you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Response After Card Reader Failure / Tinubu Projected To Win APC Presidential Primaries - The Cable / Obasanjo & Patience Jonathan Hug At The Burial Of Umahi's Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.