Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (631657 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
BEEJAY452:
Help a friend pls,
@expert @experienced colleagues in the house,

A friend did a 3year basic midwifery programme at first before she proceeded to an 18month basic Nursing programme hear in naija, she is now RM/RN.

(1) will US Nursing board accept/consider her for RN or LPN registration? Or midwife registration?
(2) can UK accept her as RN or RM for registration?
(3) can Canada accept her for RN or LPN registration?

Pls what country/part(s) is/are suitable for her for registration as a naija trained nurse according to her situation?

She can also register in UK. A friend did basic midwifery and post basic nursing and is currently practising in the UK. So both US and UK are suitable, she just needs to make her choice
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by erico2k2(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
cheliejelie:

Girl......... You're the ignorant because you obviously dony watch the freaking news. Trump is cutting off legal and illegal immigration. Your green card doesnt mean anything. If it was as easy as you're trying to make it out to be you wouldn't be in this thread looking for advice and tips. Ice is going to lock you up in those cages if you dare do something so irrational. Lmao im literally laughing because it's crazy how blind you are to whats going on in tbe world right now. Do you really believe these white countries want you there especially if you're this dumb already? Look for opportunities in your home land please and hopefully you get more education too while you're at it because id hate to imagine my life in your hands if i were a patient.
U are xtreemly ignorant angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by erico2k2(m): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
cheliejelie:

Sis i was born here and I have major plans on coming back and helping to fix the problems you're running away from. Canada hates immigrants too LMAO if you're as Canadian as you claim you should know about the immigration crisis. Stop feeding these poor girls lies
U are such a dry liar!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by erico2k2(m): 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
This guy is so ignorant as F.. and so pained. You are pained because you studied animal farm.

This thread is for nurses not for your fellow illegal immigrants. Foreign nurses has never migrated illegally in any country of the world.

Find somewhere else to take out your frustration.

That guy nah fraud, I sense visa refusal frustration, go and look at his profile less than two months Old, he has another profile
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by defunk: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
Snow1:
Those looking for NCLEX books should go and download it online. Please cut the cost for yourself, don't spend foolishly, because more higher spending is coming your way.
Pls how can I get to communicate with you...its very urgent ma. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:58am On Aug 24, 2019
ecstacy29:

Hi, tremendous job you guys are doing rendering assistance to everyone as needed. God bless you all.

I'm having a challenge registering with Texas BON. Once I'm on the site, there's a whole lot and it's kinda confusing undecided
How do I register with Texas BON,
Is registering with the BON different from registering for jurisprudence exam?

Thanks for your prompt response
@vickyehi
@barbiee

The Texas BON registeration for Nurses not residing in the USA is a paper application and not online.

You would have to download the forms then have someone purchase a money order for you. You would then post the forma and money order by mail to the BON.

You can register for the jurisprudence exam online once the board has gotten your full application.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by veleta: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2019
Hi @Vickeyi and other gurus,for someone who has 3 years diploma in Nursing and 1 year diploma in mid- wifey but has been out of clinical practice for over 13 years,what are her chances of working either in UK or US.Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
veleta:
Hi @Vickeyi and other gurus,for someone who has 3 years diploma in Nursing and 1 year diploma in mid- wifey but has been out of clinical practice for over 13 years,what are her chances of working either in UK or US.Thanks.
Is the person's license current?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by veleta: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2019
@Vickeyi,nope dear.Can you pay outstanding fees to update it?Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2019
vickyehi:

The Texas BON registeration for Nurses not residing in the USA is a paper application and not online.

You would have to download the forms then have someone purchase a money order for you. You would then post the forma and money order by mail to the BON.

You can register for the jurisprudence exam online once the board has gotten your full application.

Thanks dear
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BEEJAY452(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
Wao! Tnx @greatfulme40. It's good to know this.

But is that friend of yours registered and working in the UK as Nurse or Midwife? Or both?

And, did she submit only RN or both RN/RM transcript to be able register as Nurse in the UK?

Thanks in anticipation

gratefulme40:

She can also register in UK. A friend did basic midwifery and post basic nursing and is currently practising in the UK. So both US and UK are suitable, she just needs to make her choice
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by cynthiaezebaby: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
defunk:

Pls how can I get to communicate with you...its very urgent ma. Thanks
please how do I register or purchase uworld am in Nigeri?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2019
veleta:
@Vickeyi,nope dear.Can you pay outstanding fees to update it?Thanks.

I dont know about a person out of practice for that long. Ideally, the person should complete a back to practice course.

However the person would pay the renewal fee for every year missed plus a 5k penalty fee multiplied by the time missed.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
cynthiaezebaby:
please how do I register or purchase uworld am in Nigeri?

Use ur masters card to pay for the package you want.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by veleta: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
@Vickyeyi,thanks I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by moboladek: 4:11am On Aug 30, 2019
Please is it possible to do police clearance and finger printing at Alagbon, Ikoyi on a Saturday?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2019
moboladek:
Please is it possible to do police clearance and finger printing at Alagbon, Ikoyi on a Saturday?

No. They work Week days as far as I know.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chrisnerry: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
I need materials for cbt
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by siwajus: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hi vickyehi
Would really love to have the cbt practice questions.... Teejanek@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chrisnerry: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
Please has anyone done the online license renewal or change of name
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Theyoungmatron: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by qudrat(f): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2019
Hey Guys,how do i pay for cbt ?I am having difficulty with the process!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
qudrat:
Hey Guys,how do i pay for cbt ?I am having difficulty with the process!
Have u paid now?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by beautyhd: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:17am On Sep 15, 2019
beautyhd:
Hello everyone, do we have nurses here working in UK? I want to migrate to UK, which exams am I supposed to take?
CBT and IELTS academic version in Nigeria or your country of residence

Then OSCE in the uk.

Refer to page 1 for further details.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by switesthart(f): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
6months or less

Zinny18:
Please what's UK timeline for someone who just passed ielts and cbt at the same time. How long will it take the person to get to UK?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Heritagee: 3:08am On Sep 16, 2019
@vickyehi
I am currently in UK working as a RN but I wish to migrate to Canada or US.
Please, how is the process for RN registration like in Canada?
Do I need recent hospital experience to register?
I have enough info about Express entry and US pathway but I wish to know about RN registration in Canada before taking a decision.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by NurseOnos: 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
Good day everyone, please I need assistant in my NNAS application process here in canada. I got my BNsc in 2016, got my RN license in 2017 then had to leave nigeria to join my husband in Feb 2018. I basically do not have a bed side nursing practice/experience before leaving, I only got to work in an IT company as their nurse. I am now trying to fill my NNAS application process, I have some questions relating to the employment section. I just need someone who has gotten an experience on this to help. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
Heritagee:
@vickyehi
I am currently in UK working as a RN but I wish to migrate to Canada or US.
Please, how is the process for RN registration like in Canada?
Do I need recent hospital experience to register?
I have enough info about Express entry and US pathway but I wish to know about RN registration in Canada before taking a decision.

Thank you

Well for starters, the process for RN registeration in Canada has to be concurrent with your Express entry(note the reverse isnt the case). This is because you need to be in the country to partake in some of their requirements. If you have a BSN then you may stand a better chance at getting the RN registeration. The process differs for people and mostly based on how well they do during the test for skill exams. That exam gives an advisory report that could advice that you get anywhere from a 3mth to a4years top up program.
There by making the process take anywhere from 1year to 4years to complete. Statistics on people who sail through arent so great but they exist.

2....yes you need to have practiced in the last 5years.

3.....in comparison to the states, their RN registeration process is much easier and certain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.