Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627679 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Oluwatoyinakinb(f): 4:36am On Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys,
I am a Nigeria nurse who base in US now,i am preparing for my neclex pls i need advise,or group to join to do to pass my neclex exam.Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Hi guys,
I am a Nigeria nurse who base in US now,i am preparing for my neclex pls i need advise,or group to join to do to pass my neclex exam.Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thank God the bulletin for October is current. Still waiting for i-140 approval since 12th of July.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by needy: 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
Will agencies sponsor pregnant international nurses to work in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
fendorf:
Thank God the bulletin for October is current. Still waiting for i-140 approval since 12th of July.

AOR March 2019 (normal processing)
RFE Aug 2019
RFE received by USCIS sept 2019
Radio silence...............
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2019
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Hi guys,

My advice is Saunders, Mark klimek, kaplan Qbank, little Lacharity and Uworld.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
vickyehi:

AOR March 2019 (normal processing)
RFE Aug 2019
RFE received by USCIS sept 2019
Radio silence...............
wow God help us o
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Oluwatoyinakinb(f): 6:39am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks to all,for your prompt response to my message it really help,@vickyehi, u are special.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2019
*Australia Nursing Board Introduces CBT And OSCE For Foreign Educated Nurses -*

Nurses and midwives with international qualifications arriving in Australia will be offered the choice of either a bridging course or CBT plus OSCE to register in Australia from October 1, 2019.

A year after the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) announced the introduction of a new assessment model for internationally qualified nurses and midwives to attain registration in the country, the board has declared that the new system will come into effect from October 1 this year.

At present, internationally qualified nurses and midwives (IQNMs) who arrive in Australia holding qualifications which are relevant but not substantially equivalent to the Australian qualifications have to undergo a bridging program to attain the registration required to work in the country.

However from next month NMBA will introduce a new assessment model giving candidates the option to choose between the bridging course and the outcomes-based-assessment (OBA) which will be available from January 2020.

"The new model known as outcomes-based-assessment (OBA) will commence in January 2020," the NMBA said in a statement.

“From January 2020, all IQNMs with relevant but not substantially equivalent qualifications will be referred to the OBA,” the statement reads. There will not be any new referrals to the bridging program from next year.

“The priority of the assessment model is public safety and ensuring that all individuals registered as a nurse or midwife in Australia are meeting the same standards, regardless of where they gained their qualifications,” an NMBA spokesperson tells SBS Malayalam.

“Since 2014, IQNMs wanting to register in Australia have been assessed under an interim model of assessment, while the Board undertook an extensive research project to develop a permanent model of assessment. The new model of assessment is based on the recommendations of that research and international best practice,” NMBA added.

*OBA to replace bridging course*

From the October 1, IQNMs who arrive in Australia will be offered to opt-out either the bridging course or OBA to work in the country. But those applying from the January 1 2020, will not be offered the choice of two models.

Those applying from January 1 2020 will only be able to choose OBA, as this will completely replace the current bridging course from 2021.

“Bridging programs are expected to continue until 2021, for IQNMs who hold a referral to bridging. IQNMs will no longer be referred to bridging programs from January 2020,” reads the statement from NMBA.

*What is OBA?*

The outcomes-based-assessment model or OBA that will replace the bridging course consists of two parts. This includes a multiple-choice exam, followed by an objective structured clinical exam (OSCE), which is currently implemented in many countries.

While the first part is a computer-based multiple-choice cognitive assessment, the second part is behavioural assessment in the form of an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE).

Those applicants who pass the first stage will be able to go through to the second part of the OBA.

*Objective structured clinical examination (OSCE)*

According to NMBA, the OSCE is used to assess whether an IQNM possesses the knowledge, skills and competence of a graduate-level Australian nurse or midwife.

"OSCE implemented in many countries including the United Kingdom is basically to assess how a nurse or midwife can handle the patients in different scenarios in a simulation environment," Kunnumpurathu Bijo, the CEO of Melbourne based Institute of Health and Management, tells SBS Malayalam.

“In the OSCE implemented in the UK the IQNMs need to demonstrate their skills in handling a patient in that country, in the presence of a clinical educator who observes them. It covers every aspect, like their communication to the patient, clinical decision making and practice standards,” says Mr. Bijio.

“However, in the UK, OSCE can only be attempted three times and needs proper training to crack it,” adds Bijo.

*Orientation to be completed*

Once the two-stage assessment process is completed, all IQNMs will also be required to complete an orientation program consisting of three stages.

While stage one is an online assessment to introduce IQNMs to Australia and the Australian healthcare system, stage two covers the diversity of Australian culture. This will be completed once the IQNMs are registered with the NMBA.

The third stage of the orientation program will be provided by the IQNM’s employer, based on NMBA guidelines.

“All the nurses and midwives arriving in Australia will have to complete this orientation program from next year,” says Jaison Thomas an Education Consultant at Sanjose Consultacy in Melbourne to SBS Malayalam.

“The new model is expected to benefit the applicants financially as the adaptation program in Australia is very expensive now when compared to other countries,” he adds.
Source:[url]https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/australia-moves-to-new-assessment-model-for-international-nurses
[/url]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by canadiandamsel: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please who has a reliable contact for license verification @ Abuja
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
@ barbie please what's the band score for each of the ielts exam for this OBA. IF someone pass the OBA exam. Or doesn't it require ielts. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BEEJAY452(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2019
Can the CBT be done here in Nigeria or there in Australia?

barbiee:

Nurses and midwives with international qualifications arriving in Australia will be offered the choice of either a bridging course or CBT plus OSCE to register in Australia from October 1, 2019.

A year after the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) announced the introduction of a new assessment model for internationally qualified nurses and midwives to attain registration in the country, the board has declared that the new system will come into effect from October 1 this year.

At present, internationally qualified nurses and midwives (IQNMs) who arrive in Australia holding qualifications which are relevant but not substantially equivalent to the Australian qualifications have to undergo a bridging program to attain the registration required to work in the country.

However from next month NMBA will introduce a new assessment model giving candidates the option to choose between the bridging course and the outcomes-based-assessment (OBA) which will be available from January 2020.

"The new model known as outcomes-based-assessment (OBA) will commence in January 2020," the NMBA said in a statement.

“From January 2020, all IQNMs with relevant but not substantially equivalent qualifications will be referred to the OBA,” the statement reads. There will not be any new referrals to the bridging program from next year.

“The priority of the assessment model is public safety and ensuring that all individuals registered as a nurse or midwife in Australia are meeting the same standards, regardless of where they gained their qualifications,” an NMBA spokesperson tells SBS Malayalam.

“Since 2014, IQNMs wanting to register in Australia have been assessed under an interim model of assessment, while the Board undertook an extensive research project to develop a permanent model of assessment. The new model of assessment is based on the recommendations of that research and international best practice,” NMBA added.

From the October 1, IQNMs who arrive in Australia will be offered to opt-out either the bridging course or OBA to work in the country. But those applying from the January 1 2020, will not be offered the choice of two models.

Those applying from January 1 2020 will only be able to choose OBA, as this will completely replace the current bridging course from 2021.

“Bridging programs are expected to continue until 2021, for IQNMs who hold a referral to bridging. IQNMs will no longer be referred to bridging programs from January 2020,” reads the statement from NMBA.

*What is OBA?*

The outcomes-based-assessment model or OBA that will replace the bridging course consists of two parts. This includes a multiple-choice exam, followed by an objective structured clinical exam (OSCE), which is currently implemented in many countries.

While the first part is a computer-based multiple-choice cognitive assessment, the second part is behavioural assessment in the form of an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE).

Those applicants who pass the first stage will be able to go through to the second part of the OBA.

According to NMBA, the OSCE is used to assess whether an IQNM possesses the knowledge, skills and competence of a graduate-level Australian nurse or midwife.

"OSCE implemented in many countries including the United Kingdom is basically to assess how a nurse or midwife can handle the patients in different scenarios in a simulation environment," Kunnumpurathu Bijo, the CEO of Melbourne based Institute of Health and Management, tells SBS Malayalam.

“In the OSCE implemented in the UK the IQNMs need to demonstrate their skills in handling a patient in that country, in the presence of a clinical educator who observes them. It covers every aspect, like their communication to the patient, clinical decision making and practice standards,” says Mr. Bijio.

“However, in the UK, OSCE can only be attempted three times and needs proper training to crack it,” adds Bijo.

Once the two-stage assessment process is completed, all IQNMs will also be required to complete an orientation program consisting of three stages.

While stage one is an online assessment to introduce IQNMs to Australia and the Australian healthcare system, stage two covers the diversity of Australian culture. This will be completed once the IQNMs are registered with the NMBA.

The third stage of the orientation program will be provided by the IQNM’s employer, based on NMBA guidelines.

“All the nurses and midwives arriving in Australia will have to complete this orientation program from next year,” says Jaison Thomas an Education Consultant at Sanjose Consultacy in Melbourne to SBS Malayalam.

“The new model is expected to benefit the applicants financially as the adaptation program in Australia is very expensive now when compared to other countries,” he adds.
Source:[url]https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/australia-moves-to-new-assessment-model-for-international-nurses
[/url]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2019
Please friends what's the ielts band score for some one who has passed cbt exam.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by blackcat1: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2019
Juddy2018:
Please friends what's the ielts band score for some one who has passed cbt exam.

International English Language Test System (IELTS)

We'll accept an IELTS Academic examination certificate that confirms you achieved:

an overall score of at least 7
at least 6.5 in the writing section and at least 7 in the reading, listening and speaking sections.

Combining IELTS test scores

You can achieve the required mark across two test sittings if:

you sit the tests within six months of each other
you’re tested in all four sections at the same time
all scores in both sittings are above 6.5, and
you achieve at least 6.5 in the writing section and at least 7 in the reading, listening and speaking sections in either of the two test sittings.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by blackcat1: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2019
Is there any nurse that has passed their IELTS? I have interviews coming up.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Heritagee: 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
vickyehi:

Well for starters, the process for RN registeration in Canada has to be concurrent with your Express entry(note the reverse isnt the case). This is because you need to be in the country to partake in some of their requirements. If you have a BSN then you may stand a better chance at getting the RN registeration. The process differs for people and mostly based on how well they do during the test for skill exams. That exam gives an advisory report that could advice that you get anywhere from a 3mth to a4years top up program.
There by making the process take anywhere from 1year to 4years to complete. Statistics on people who sail through arent so great but they exist.

2....yes you need to have practiced in the last 5years.

3.....in comparison to the states, their RN registeration process is much easier and certain.
Thank you for your response. How do you mean @ the bold?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:29am On Sep 20, 2019
Heritagee:

Thank you for your response. How do you mean @ the bold?
Bachelors degree and not just school of nursing diploma.
Because RNs in Canada are Bachelor degree holders. That's the only category they have.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Heritagee: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2019
vickyehi:

Bachelors degree and not just school of nursing diploma.
Because RNs in Canada are Bachelor degree holders. That's the only category they have.
I have BNSc and Masters, intend to evaluate my Masters for Express entry. Just wanted to know how easy getting registered to practise as a nurse is in Canada compared to US
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Ajibolaoi: 3:08am On Sep 21, 2019
Good day my people, trust we are all doing fine.
Please i quickly want to know the difference between OET and IELTS. Also,i like to know if OET is widely accepted as test of English to replace IELTS. Finally, can someone please tell me the rate at which Nurses pass OET compare to IELTS. Thank you, God bless us all.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Heritagee:

I have BNSc and Masters, intend to evaluate my Masters for Express entry. Just wanted to know how easy getting registered to practise as a nurse is in Canada compared to US
USA is easier. Have you practiced out of Nigeria ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
barbiee:

*What is OBA?*

[/url]

Perfect!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Heritagee: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
vickyehi:

USA is easier. Have you practiced out of Nigeria ?
Yes, UK
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 3:31am On Sep 23, 2019
Heritagee:

Yes, UK
Then you can definately try the Canadian route because I am trusting you would do much better in the skills assessment test.
Performance in this test determines how long your process would take in general.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ysteph: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2019
Good morning everyone. Please i have some queries. I have read through this thread. Although not indepth. I don't understand everything yet because i am not a Nurse. I am here on behalf of someone dear to my heart.

I just need someone to tell me which of these countries is easiest to immigrate to as a nurse. Australia. Canada. UK. US. Or other parts of Europe.

The nurse in question has a Bachelor's Degree in nursing from a Federal University and few years working experience. She is currently nursing a new born hence the reason I'm making the enquiries. In a few weeks i want her to start the process.

Thank you all.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Luchiano54: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2019
To the best of my knowledge, UK is the easiest and "cheapest". Most nurses use it as a means to an end. They get to the UK first and then go on to the country of their choice later.
What she needs to do:
- Prepare for, write and get the desired band score for either of these two English tests(IELTS or OET. For IELTS,she needs to score at least 7 in Listening, Reading and Speaking modules and 6.5 in writing. For OET, nothing less than a B.

- Create an account with NMC,become eligible and get an attestation to write test(ATT). Then book for and write the test of competence(CBT).
This exam is easy to pass and most employers wouldn't mind if you've not written it before interviewing you for a job as long as you have your IELTS

- Look for an agency(they are plenty and all over the internet) to help secure an interview and job offer subsequently though you can get one your self . One of the advantages of going through an agency is that they guide you through the whole process until you get to the UK. Others include: free accommodation for a month(some can be more than this but most give just a month), paid visa and flight to the UK, IELTS and CBT reimbursement, paid OSCE training and exam among others.
- NMC documentation process.
There's going to be some changes from the 7th of October regarding this so as to make the process easier and shorter.
- Get the UK and write the OSCE
- Become a UKRN
All the best!
-

-

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
Please friends help me out, in westways staffing through Josef silny associate for certificate verification, I'm I to send only nursing transcript or both midwifery transcript. Please I need urgent answers. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.