Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626665 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iruosonobrugwhe:
loool.....that nusre Eliza question got me reeeling,....i was wondering how Vicky would answer.......Una too much

After reading it I was like..." laisisi calm down" cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tomsss: 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians we really need to do better tbh. Let's put aside the fact that we are currently on Travel ban,some of y'all working in the US are breaching contracts which is making it difficult for agencies to want to recruit nurses from Nigeria. You are already living your dream doesnt mean you should make it harder for people that want to live theirs too. Do better pleaseee
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 8:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Tomsss:
Nigerians we really need to do better tbh. Let's put aside the fact that we are currently on Travel ban,some of y'all working in the US are breaching contracts which is making it difficult for agencies to want to recruit nurses from Nigeria. You are already living your dream doesnt mean you should make it harder for people that want to live theirs too. Do better pleaseee
Waoh!!! Do u mind telling us more about the breach of contract? Could it be that they breach it unintentionally? Just bn curious though
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tomsss: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2020
BlueBeard:

Waoh!!! Do u mind telling us more about the breach of contract? Could it be that they breach it unintentionally? Just bn curious though

So i messaged avanthealthcare to make enquiries about Nigerians applying through their agency. So apparently i was informed that apart from the travel ban in place stopping them from accepting Nigerians,majority of Nigerian RNs in the US now breach their contracts after 12 months. Due to this reason,they've suspended us from applying until they find tangible reasons on why they breach their contract. This is not fair tbh.We keep shouting our leaders our leaders,is it our leaders that are spoiling our image abroad too? We honestly need to do better
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 10:20am On Apr 24, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
Tomsss:

So i messaged avanthealthcare to make enquiries about Nigerians applying through their agency. So apparently i was informed that apart from the travel ban in place stopping them from accepting Nigerians,majority of Nigerian RNs in the US now breach their contracts after 12 months. Due to this reason,they've suspended us from applying until they find tangible reasons on why they breach their contract. This is not fair tbh.We keep shouting our leaders our leaders,is it our leaders that are spoiling our image abroad too? We honestly need to do better
Chief, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take heart cry
Meanwhile, how about trying another recruiting agency? Abi everything don caste?
I don't think those breaching their contracts are here again. Most nurses I've met here, immediately they get to UK or USA,they don't come here to check if there's any way they can provide answers to other people that are still undergoing the process. They just jakpaa for life grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tomsss: 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
BlueBeard:
[color=#990000][/color]
Chief, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take heart cry
Meanwhile, how about trying another recruiting agency? Abi everything don caste?
I don't think those breaching their contracts are here again. Most nurses I've met here, immediately they get to UK or USA,they don't come here to check if there's any way they can provide answers to other people that are still undergoing the process. They just jakpaa for life grin grin grin

Actually,thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
embarassed
Tomsss:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tomsss:

Hmm, but it’s not only Nigerians that have problem with Avant , so many other nationalities do as well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phockallmods: 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
Must you use agents? Save money and self sponsor. 1.5mil max will do for self sponsor. Go to UK 1st and gather money if you don't have upto 1.5mill for self sponsor.
Pass your exams after self sponsorship and same Agents refusing you will beg you to come.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
phockallmods:
Must you use agents? Save money and self sponsor. 1.5mil max will do for self sponsor. Go to UK 1st and gather money if you don't have upto 1.5mill for self sponsor.
Pass your exams after self sponsorship and same Agents refusing you will beg you to come.

You're absolutely right. I did the entire process by myself, but you will still need an agency , who will be your employer, to file your immigration paperwork. You can't sponsor yourself for an immigrant visa.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by lillaowow(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tomsss:

Someday, you'll realize why people bridge contract. You think the agency love you that much huh?

I'm not saying I'm in support of bridging contract but you'd have to study it from both sides to point fingers.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tomsss: 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
lillaowow:

Someday, you'll realize why people bridge contract. You think the agency love you that much huh?

I'm not saying I'm in support of bridging contract but you'd have to study it from both sides to point fingers.

There is no reason that can justify breaching a contract. Hell,you knew what you are signing up for,you are not expecting it to be all rosy. So if you've agreed to the terms and conditions of a contract the least you could do is adhere to it till the stipulated time. No reason whatsoever justifies breaching a contract.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tomsss: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
phockallmods:

Money is not even the problem here,after passing the exams who will file for me?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tomsss:

There is no reason that can justify breaching a contract. Hell,you knew what you are signing up for,you are not expecting it to be all rosy. So if you've agreed to the terms and conditions of a contract the least you could do is adhere to it till the stipulated time. No reason whatsoever justifies breaching a contract.

Until you get to that point , you will not understand.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tomsss: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
omonaija123:

Still doesnt justify anything. If you are not going to follow the agreement i dont see any reason travelling then. Instead of blocking the way for other well meaning Nigerians,then stay home. Nothing justifies it. Nothing.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheArchangel(f): 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
omonaija123:

Sir, I will be grateful if you can kindly give us the dirts or rundown regarding why our compatriots breach these contracts. I thought It was ironclad and client friendly.
I, personally wouldn't want to get to that point before I understand the reason behind it or it may be too late.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tomsss:

Still doesnt justify anything. If you are not going to follow the agreement i dont see any reason travelling then. Instead of blocking the way for other well meaning Nigerians,then stay home. Nothing justifies it. Nothing.

I understand but Avant is not the only nursing agency. Did you speak to other nursing agencies ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yugotee: 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hello friends,

I would need your input on this:

I am a double qualified Nurse RN and RPN ready to migrate to UK. My Nursing experience has been in general nursing and not Psychiatric nursing. In the NMC registration for CBT exams should I opt for the Mental Health or Adult/General Nursing.

What is the flow for Mental Health CBT as well as Adult Nursing CBT? I would appreciate if I can get study materials for both so as to make up my mind asap. Please send the cbt study materials to yugoberryt@gmail.com. Thank you..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 4:32am On Apr 25, 2020
TheArchangel:
Sir, I will be grateful if you can kindly give us the dirts or rundown regarding why our compatriots breach these contracts. I thought It was ironclad and client friendly.
I, personally wouldn't want to get to that point before I understand the reason behind it or it may be too late.

Thanks.

From what I heard , money is a big issue, the agency would pay the nurse a quarter of what the agency is being paid by the hospital. Also working conditions , as a international nurse they going to put you in where they need nurses the most which may not be the best places. I also heard that sometimes Avant does not treat their international nurses right so that could also be another issue.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheArchangel(f): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2020
omonaija123:

From what I heard , money is a big issue, the agency would pay the nurse a quarter of what the agency is being paid by the hospital. Also working conditions , as a international nurse they going to put you in where they need nurses the most which may not be the best places. I also heard that sometimes Avant does not treat their international nurses right so that could also be another issue.
Wow, a big eye opener, then I don't blame those that opted out if that's the case.
It's just that these agencies are necessary evil that one can't do without. One way or the other, we will always need their helps unless hospitals start hiring directly.
With the US being a very litigious society, I'd think that if there is a breach in contract as they opined, they should've been sue except the nurses paid them off as maybe stipulated in their contract.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by hammed71(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2020
still, a contract shouldn't be breach, these guys helped you with permanent residency.if they are paying a quarter of what the hospitals pays them. Go online find a way to make money doing side hustles be it IT, online businesses and etc, in fact if you know how to play your cards right you will even be making double of what they are paying. There's this youtuber also a nurse called ' Alphaslice' follow him on YouTube and Instagram to learn.
its just 2years contract, abeg make una no block road for others ooo.I don't want other agencies to follow avant footsteps
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
hammed71:
still, a contract shouldn't be breach, these guys helped you with permanent residency.if they are paying a quarter of what the hospitals pays them. Go online find a way to make money doing side hustles be it IT, online businesses and etc, in fact if you know how to play your cards right you will even be making double of what they are paying. There's this youtuber also a nurse called ' Alphaslice' follow him on YouTube and Instagram to learn.
its just 2years contract, abeg make una no block road for others ooo.I don't want other agencies to follow avant footsteps

Alphaslice Is a great YouTuber , does an excellent job about explaining the process . He is a grown man with wife and kids , so he would think twice about doing such a thing . It’s just not only 2 years though it may be depending on the agency. Avant requires 5000 hours which could take 2-3 years. Most of the nurses I see working through Avant and other international agencies are Jamaicans and Filipinos. Anyways for Nigerians at this point , the US is no go area even before the ban. Like the Alphaslice said if you can not get to into the US then try the should try UK or Canada.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
TheArchangel:
Wow, a big eye opener, then I don't blame those that opted out if that's the case.
It's just that these agencies are necessary evil that one can't do without. One way or the other, we will always need their helps unless hospitals start hiring directly.
With the US being a very litigious society, I'd think that if there is a breach in contract as they opined, they should've been sue except the nurses paid them off as maybe stipulated in their contract.

Yea, I’m sure they have consequences for nurses who breach their contract , usually it’s financial. But if too many nurses from a particular region are doing so then probably just not worth it to work with those nurses. Overall employment sponsorship is down in the US and nursing is one the few avenues that one could use to get into the US legally but one is going to have gone make sacrifices and it’s not going to be easy at all. Direct sponsorship from hospital although not impossible is very rare these days and most likely would be done for somebody who already in the US. The YouTube Alphaslice also talks about this in his video.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yugotee: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
[q1uote author=yugotee post=88821573]Hello friends,

I am a double qualified Nurse RN and RPN ready to migrate to UK. My Nursing experience has been in general nursing and not Psychiatric nursing. In the NMC registration for CBT exams should I opt for the Mental Health or Adult/General Nursing.

What is the flow for Mental Health CBT as well as Adult Nursing CBT? I would appreciate if I can get study materials for both so as to make up my mind asap. Please send the cbt study materials to yugoberryt@gmail.com. Thank you..

[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
Opt for what you’re confident doing. Nursing in UK is no joke. You’re going to need a sponsor for the next 5years, meaning you can only work as a nurse for that time period. You cannot therefore afford to loose your PIN. With that in mind, pick a side then chase the materials for it.

yugotee:
[q1uote author=yugotee post=88821573]Hello friends,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by CarlsJaz567(m): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
vickyehi:

To answer your question, a phd in nursing from the moon wont change the basic process as an international nurse in Canada. Truth is that the only education that matters as an international nurse is where you got your basic training. Meaning where you first qualified as a nurse.

With that in mind, I would advice you to keep your sights on the UK and later USA or Australia. For Canada, judging by your wife's experience, it means both of you would be in your 40s or later 30s. Age is a huge factor in the Canadian immigration process. Therefore, your options for relocating to canada would be through a study Visa to maybe come do a masters degree or some provincial nomination programs.

Thanks for the clarification. Truly we are both in our 40s, so the regular Canadian routes may not really work out for us, as we would get zero points as far as age is concerned. US or Australia may be a much better option for our specific situation!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
omonaija123:

Now you're being bias
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
BlueBeard:

Now you're being bias

No you are talking nonsense
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
omonaija123:

From what you heard? Seriously? All these you're saying are hear-say... No doubt some agents are dubious, but anything to makes you sign the contract, you're obligated to abiding to it to the later. No b by focus to sign contract, imagine these agents jailing people who breach contracts, the same Nigerians would say they're racist.smh! Oga please do better, don't spoil the entrance after you've gained access. That's selfish
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
hammed71:
Thanks to being a honest person. A contract is a contract, come rain come shine. And it shouldn't be breached
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omonaija123: 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
BlueBeard:

From what you heard? Seriously? All these you're saying are hear-say... No doubt some agents are dubious, but anything to makes you sign the contract, you're obligated to abiding to it to the later. No b by focus to sign contract, imagine these agents jailing people who breach contracts, the same Nigerians would say they're racist.smh! Oga please do better, don't spoil the entrance after you've gained access. That's selfish

It looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed . Did I ever mention that I breached a contract or did I ever state that I support breaching a contract? They are not allowing Nigerians to migrate to the US period so take your frustrations some where else .
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
omonaija123:

No you are talking nonsense
Oti ooo, its you that's talking in the nonsense. You're the type that breach contracts upandan. Infact ehn, na you the "Nurse Eliza" name fit self.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.