Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627726 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2023
Hi there! Have you been able to resolve this? If yes, please I’m interested in how you went about it. I’m currently looking into how to make my curriculum holistic either on my own or via my school placements.
I’ll appreciate any pointers from you or any other person with valuable insights on this. Thank you!

Arhmiee:
Hello everyone,
I studied MSc pre-registration adult nursing in the UK and wish to relocate to the US. Does anyone know the best way to go about credential evaluation because of the lack of mental health, genealogy and paediatric theory and practice hours for those of us who studied adult nursing?
I will really appreciate any guidance or assistance.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2023
Yy
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by pretty1986: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Yes! That part about robust transcript is veryyy true! I know someone from the university of Derby whose transcript was accepted by Texas BON and all she just has to do is work in a pediatric ward for about 6 months or so to make up for pediatric experience.

I want to be proactive right now about amending any experience shortfall now that I’m in my first year. If you have any helpful pointers on that, I’d be glad to hear it, thank you 🫶🏾

Good evening,but why is it that many Nurses in Uk are leaving to other country like Canada,US and Australia?.pls is it that UK is not good for Nurse?.pls reply.Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ibroh22(m): 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
sharone21:

I have soft copy, don't know if it can be printed on hard white paper and used?
Hi sharone
Thank you for your response, we later got a cafe around SCID office panti that has the copy and they printed it on a card for us. However they didn’t give us the soft copy. I would be glad if you can help forward it to my email hammedibrahim123@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thewritingnerd(f): 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2023
Apparently, The pay is scraps compared to these other countries. Especially the US.
pretty1986:
Good evening,but why is it that many Nurses in Uk are leaving to other country like Canada,US and Australia?.pls is it that UK is not good for Nurse?.pls reply.Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2023
ibroh22:

Hi sharone
Thank you for your response, we later got a cafe around SCID office panti that has the copy and they printed it on a card for us. However they didn’t give us the soft copy. I would be glad if you can help forward it to my email hammedibrahim123@yahoo.com
Thank you

It means it is accepted. Good to have it incase u didn't put your finger prints well on the card/s you already have so u can print as many as you want.

Okay, once I have time I will send it to you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by pretty1986: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Apparently, The pay is scraps compared to these other countries. Especially the US.
Really?.but pls what are other benefits of working in US as an Overseas Nurse?.I will appreciate if you can tell me pls.Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ibroh22(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
sharone21:

It means it is accepted. Good to have it incase u didn't put your finger prints well on the card/s you already have so u can print as many as you want.

Okay, once I have time I will send it to you.
Ok thanks, I would be expecting..kindly let me know when you send it as I don’t really monitor that email.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Welcomme: 1:05am On Nov 07, 2023
jowhyte:
I think this your outlined process can be pretty expensive but it’s a good one to explore if the funds is there. My wife was once considering this but I objected and told her she will get a job.

Let me share our own personal story and this might motivate and encourage someone here too.

To your question if people are still getting jobs, it’s YES and wifey just got a conditional offer of employment from one of the Trusts in England but from my 6 - 7 months experience assisting wifey to hunt for jobs in the UK it’s seems very competitive now on top of the stricter WHO red list countries of nowadays but people are still getting jobs and I think the Skilled Worker Visa/COS that will give you a clear pathway to an indefinite leave/PR and ultimately a British passport makes it worth all the headache.

We had alot of unsuccessful emails especially due to red lists countries, no NMC pin, no right to work in the UK but I just kept pushing on with making more applications. I think we currently have over 750 applications on TRAC alone excluding other job sites but I have come to realize that TRAC can be the most powerful if done right and started focusing more of our job applications’ attention here and Wifey has had about 19 - 21 interviews so far from here alone with about 200+ more applications submitted and yet to be reviewed.

When we send in about 100 job applications on TRAC we are expecting to get 2 - 4 successful interviews shortlisting. We just kept sending in more applications and fine-tuning our applications especially the PS.

We started hunting for jobs around October/November 2022.

When we sensed that getting jobs as an overseas nurse especially from WHO red list country like Naija were becoming very competitive, we started applying seriously for jobs even when she has not completed her OET English Test score results.

She wrote her first OET test in Sept 2022, 2nd attempt in Dec 2022 and 3rd attempt in January 2023 and result was released in Feb 2023 but with Speaking being 340 score and I did the remarking booking and it released around March 2023 and luckily the Speaking score was upgraded to 370 and the money was refunded back into my GTBank dollar card about 4 days after.

All these while, she has been applying for jobs seriously like she already has her results complete. She had her very first interview with one of the Trust in Birmingham via Microsoft Teams February 2023 but unsuccessful.

More and more interviews came although unsuccessful I just kept encouraging her as she was learning and improving from them and this keep boosting her confidence and making her to know what types of questions to expect in the interview and practice a general answer to provide.

Any slight mistake not answering the questions well and providing real examples/ experience to back up the answers she will not be successful as we were just applying for band 5 roles that even nurses in the UK where also applying for and this makes it more competitive for her as she has no right to work, NMC pin.

We have had about 25 interviews altogether from about 15 - 17 different Trusts since we started job hunting. But she started getting more interviews after working better on her applications especially the Person Specification.

She has had a couple of successful interviews about 3 - 5 but many of the wards/Trust said they do not have the funding to support sponsorship and relocation jobs. We were not deterred as we keep firing in more applications. My goal was for her to have at least 3 job offers so she can choose from the location that will suit us.

Just Wednesday 26th April, 2023 she got a conditional offer of employment from one of the Trusts in England.

Conditional offer letter and Preemployment checks docs like COS forms, References, DBS, Occupational Health Questionnaire, MMR/Immunization details have been sent and we are now waiting for the police report to be out so we can send them back the forms and hopefully get unconditional offer of employment.

They said if everything works out well and fast, they are looking forward to having her move to England June/July with alongside other 4 - 5 nurses to resume as band 4 while preparing to attempt her first OSCE exam within the first few weeks so she can become a band 5 nurse with and NMC pin.

Sir, OET or IELTS, which do you advise my wife writes? We are both in the UK. She is a registered midwife and we are looking at the possibility of her trying her luck here with that pathway. I am a student here while is my dependant. I will be glad if you can give me the permission to DM you so as to seek more advise from you. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 1:07am On Nov 07, 2023
ibroh22:

Ok thanks, I would be expecting..kindly let me know when you send it as I don’t really monitor that email.

Sent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 1:08am On Nov 07, 2023
Welcomme:
Sir, OET or IELTS, which do you advise my wife writes? We are both in the UK. She is a registered midwife and we are looking at the possibility of her trying her luck here with that pathway. I am a student here while is my dependant. I will be glad if you can give me the permission to DM you so as to seek more advise from you. Thank you.

PTE if not, OET
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Welcomme: 1:14am On Nov 07, 2023
sharone21:

PTE if not, OET
Thank you sis. So she should perish the idea of writing IELTS right? Secondly, as a midwife, does she have a chance of landing a job in the UK there?

We are both presently in the UK as I write. She is my dependant. She has about 2 years working experience in Nigeria as a midwife. What are her chances? She has paid for the 140£ eligibility and also about paying 68k for NMCN in Nigeria...

Can I DM you? THANK YOU.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 2:12am On Nov 07, 2023
Welcomme:
Thank you sis. So she should perish the idea of writing IELTS right? Secondly, as a midwife, does she have a chance of landing a job in the UK there?

We are both presently in the UK as I write. She is my dependant. She has about 2 years working experience in Nigeria as a midwife. What are her chances? She has paid for the 140£ eligibility and also about paying 68k for NMCN in Nigeria...

Can I DM you? THANK YOU.

She needs to write her chosen Nursing board to get more clarifications and see if agencies can sponsor her on Midwifery. If the board accepts it, fine.... But, if no agency after this acceptance, it will be self sponsorship.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2023
Welcomme:

Can I DM you? THANK YOU.
What sort of questions are these?
You are in the UK and you are wasting time? Go ahead, register for Midwifery path, watch YouTube videos on what to do and let her sit for the midwifery CBT.
Being in UK she would not be subjugated to the stress of "redlist " rejection.
She would be required to write English exams or so but confirm first. OET is better as it's relatively easier to pass. If she has a UK degree it might be waived. I'm not so sure
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2023
sharone21:

She needs to write her chosen Nursing board to get more clarifications and see if agencies can sponsor her on Midwifery. If the board accepts it, fine.... But, if no agency after this acceptance, it will be self sponsorship.
She's in UK. No agency or board talks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ibroh22(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
sharone21:

Sent
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tinutunde(f): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
Please is there anyone that registered with Virginia board of nursing? I’m stuck
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
If you are in need of any Healthcare Job in States with work visa whatsapp Plus One Eight Five Six Nine Seven Seven Four Five Nine Eight dealine is 8th November 2023 being tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 5:59am On Nov 08, 2023
Godisableforeve:
If you are in need of any Healthcare Job in States with work visa whatsapp Plus One Eight Five Six Nine Seven Seven Four Five Nine Eight dealine is 8th November 2023 being tomorrow
Scammer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
Beware of scam-s like this, guys. A genuine job will not ask you to WhatsApp them. Especially a healthcare one purporting to give you “COS”.
Don’t go and waste millions, then get to the UK and not see even a single shift. A lot of people are still lamenting. Don’t fall victim oh.

UK CoS Jobs for RN , Healthcare Assistants , Support Workers, Senior Healthcare Support workers available. Whatsapp plus four four seven four four zero two one seven four eight zero
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
scammers have found this thread it seems.
Godisableforeve:
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
kumbhuru:

She's in UK. No agency or board talks

Your reply isn't clear enough.

She needs to write her chosen USA Nurse board eg Texas, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, Alaska, New York to confirm if with her Midwifery license she can sit for NCLEX exam( the Koko) .... Midwifery is usually sometimes exclusive for those over there and u may need to enter there 1st to work in this particular field or as Labor & Delivery Nurse( usually for those who trained as General Nursebut Midwives may still do their jobs too).

For agencies, it is good to add that she has General Nursing skills to easily fit into Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facilities and Long Term Care pending when she gets there and does her real calling / vocation. And you will see agencies but not the usual/ common ones.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
sharone21:

Your reply isn't clear enough.

She needs to write her chosen USA Nurse board eg Texas, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, Alaska, New York to confirm if with her Midwifery license she can sit for NCLEX exam( the Koko) .... Midwifery is usually sometimes exclusive for those over there and u may need to enter there 1st to work in this particular field or as Labor & Delivery Nurse( usually for those who trained as General Nursebut Midwives may still do their jobs too).

For agencies, it is good to add that she has General Nursing skills to easily fit into Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facilities and Long Term Care pending when she gets there and does her real calling / vocation. And you will see agencies but not the usual/ common ones.
The person you quoted was asking for UK information
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Arhmiee(f): 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Yes! That part about robust transcript is veryyy true! I know someone from the university of Derby whose transcript was accepted by Texas BON and all she just has to do is work in a pediatric ward for about 6 months or so to make up for pediatric experience.

I want to be proactive right now about amending any experience shortfall now that I’m in my first year. If you have any helpful pointers on that, I’d be glad to hear it, thank you 🫶🏾

The best thing to do is to request for placements in other fields like mental health, gynaecology, A&E (this can help a lot too) and community placements. When on placements, request to go to other places for a day or two and make sure you have an evidence of this in your placement document.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thewritingnerd(f): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2023
Thanks a lot for your response! Did you have any issues with the evaluation of your transcript? I mean on submission to whatever US board of nursing you used?
Arhmiee:

The best thing to do is to request for placements in other fields like mental health, gynaecology, A&E (this can help a lot too) and community placements. When on placements, request to go to other places for a day or two and make sure you have an evidence of this in your placement document.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nikoleta(f): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2023
Good morning all,

Please does anyone have a contact in NMC Nigeria, it's very urgent.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Onajite123: 4:04am On Nov 15, 2023
Good day everyone,

I applied for verification to NMC UK with NMCN since 3rd of October 2023, I got approval mail on the 10th same month from NMCN that my verification has been approved and I should check my NMC dashboard for confirmation.
I have done that several times but my portal is yet to be updated. I even sent a mail to NMC UK last week about it but no response yet.

Has anyone had similar issue before and how was it resolved?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by protonz(m): 12:04am On Nov 16, 2023
I thought NMCN approval takes up to month. How come yours is so fast.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Onajite123: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2023
protonz:
I thought NMCN approval takes up to month. How come yours is so fast.
I guess they've improved the time.
My issue here now is for NMC UK to update my portal so I can book my CBT.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by pretty1986: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2023
Onajite123:

I guess they've improved the time.
My issue here now is for NMC UK to update my portal so I can book my CBT.
You will see it soon,in Jesus name Amen!.I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.