Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (630284 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2023
Vibra:

I’ve worked with Adevia
They have a robust pre-nclex programme, came across Conexus after nclex and I didn’t sign their offer so I can’t say much about them
Isn't Adevia having issues?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Lovebuddy: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2023
Good day
I have been making research on bsc nursing in uk
I am a hnd holder in public administration
Pls I will like your inputs , because I am yet to get clarity on the research
What do I need to study bsc nursing in uk
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 20, 2023
Lovebuddy:
Good day
I have been making research on bsc nursing in uk
I am a hnd holder in public administration
Pls I will like your inputs , because I am yet to get clarity on the research
What do I need to study bsc nursing in uk
I’d say you should look into Masters in adult nursing
That way you can work a bit and school, I’m not sure what the pathway of BSC for international student is
But with Msc you can get on the register after school
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EstherLoveth: 11:17am On Aug 20, 2023
Please I need help on how to go about the US process
I based in Lagos Nigeria
Anyone willing to put me through, I don't mind sharing my contact
I'm a Nurse
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EstherLoveth: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2023
I just want to start
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EstherLoveth: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2023
Karenchynee:
How can someone apply for e visa to South Africa to write nclex. I need info on that please. I will appreciate

I want to use the pathway too
If you find information
I did like to share my contact please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
EstherLoveth:
Please I need help on how to go about the US process
I based in Lagos Nigeria
Anyone willing to put me through, I don't mind sharing my contact
I'm a Nurse
Thank you

*STEPS TO BECOMING UNITED STATE REGISTERED NURSE (USRN)*

STEP 1
Register with CGFNS, Credential Evaluation Service (CES), cost 365$ this is not for CGFNS exam but for evaluation of your credentials

STEP 2
Do your License Verification with NMCN cost N53500 exclusive of Remita charge.

STEP 3
Professional transcript with School, (Amount Varies with different schools)

STEP 4
Register with a BOARD OF NURSING IN USA.. Before doing this check out the requirements of each of the states Board Of Nursing and see if you qualify for registration

STEP 5
Monitor your CGFNS account for progress...you can expedite when all the documents have reflected on the page and is showing ready for review. Expedition fee is 250$.

STEP 6
Register and write your
Nursing Jurisprudence Exam if you are using Texas board of Nursing.

STEP 7
After 10 business days from when the Money Order and your application form gets to Texas BON. You can assess your page

STEP 8
Perform your Criminal Background Check using finger print cards.

STEP 9
When your Report is issued to your BON, and all the requirements have been met then you can apply for the NCLEX.

STEP 10
Register with Pearson Vue and get your ATT (fee is $200)

STEP 11
When you receive your Authorization To Test(ATT), you can choose a date and schedule for your exam via Pearson Vue website. Scheduling for those writing in Philippines is $150, if you wish to write in the UK, you pay $180

STEP 12
Book for your flight. PHILIPPINE is about #320,000- #400,000 while UK is about #250,000- #280,000
South Africa- between 150-250 depending on the airline

STEP13
Apply for your Visa. Philippine visa is # 17,500
South Africa # 33,000

STEP 14
Make hotel reservation at a hotel close to your test center and also book an airport taxi.

STEP 15
Go to the Exam hall 30mins before your exam.

STEP 16
After getting NCLEX pass notification from your board,
Start preparing for IELTS.
US requires a band score of 6.5 and 7 in Speaking test

STEP 17
Choose an agency for the immigration process.

Prices have changed though, you can get an agency to help with some of the bills or do it alone yourself if you can afford it

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
kumbhuru:

Isn't Adevia having issues?
People are travelling with them
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by haiti007(m): 9:44am On Aug 21, 2023
Hi everyone

What advice do you have for a student nurse who is about to graduate in few months as regards preparation for relocating.

Also, I heard that Nigeria has been on the red-list country for UK and they don’t hire from here again. Please how true is this, and what is the solution to this situation?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EstherLoveth: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Vibra:

*STEPS TO BECOMING UNITED STATE REGISTERED NURSE (USRN)*

STEP 1
Register with CGFNS, Credential Evaluation Service (CES), cost 365$ this is not for CGFNS exam but for evaluation of your credentials

STEP 2
Do your License Verification with NMCN cost N53500 exclusive of Remita charge.

STEP 3
Professional transcript with School, (Amount Varies with different schools)

STEP 4
Register with a BOARD OF NURSING IN USA.. Before doing this check out the requirements of each of the states Board Of Nursing and see if you qualify for registration

STEP 5
Monitor your CGFNS account for progress...you can expedite when all the documents have reflected on the page and is showing ready for review. Expedition fee is 250$.

STEP 6
Register and write your
Nursing Jurisprudence Exam if you are using Texas board of Nursing.

STEP 7
After 10 business days from when the Money Order and your application form gets to Texas BON. You can assess your page

STEP 8
Perform your Criminal Background Check using finger print cards.

STEP 9
When your Report is issued to your BON, and all the requirements have been met then you can apply for the NCLEX.

STEP 10
Register with Pearson Vue and get your ATT (fee is $200)

STEP 11
When you receive your Authorization To Test(ATT), you can choose a date and schedule for your exam via Pearson Vue website. Scheduling for those writing in Philippines is $150, if you wish to write in the UK, you pay $180

STEP 12
Book for your flight. PHILIPPINE is about #320,000- #400,000 while UK is about #250,000- #280,000
South Africa- between 150-250 depending on the airline

STEP13
Apply for your Visa. Philippine visa is # 17,500
South Africa # 33,000

STEP 14
Make hotel reservation at a hotel close to your test center and also book an airport taxi.

STEP 15
Go to the Exam hall 30mins before your exam.

STEP 16
After getting NCLEX pass notification from your board,
Start preparing for IELTS.
US requires a band score of 6.5 and 7 in Speaking test

STEP 17
Choose an agency for the immigration process.

Prices have changed though, you can get an agency to help with some of the bills or do it alone yourself if you can afford it

Vibra please can you help send your contact to my email 🙏🙏
estheronyema164@gmail.com

I will like to speak to you directly

Thank you for sharing this information

I really appreciate
Please help share your contact to my email

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
Please does the Nova Scotia route require one to have at least one year work experience? Is it also necessary to go through NNAS certificate verification?
Thanks very much for the reply
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Karenchynee: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=EstherLoveth post=125232548]
I want to use the pathway too
If you find information
I did like to share my contact please
Still on the process. Please when are you writing
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Karenchynee: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=Karenchynee post=125285978][/quote]. Please has any one gotten a south africa visa of recent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Lovebuddy: 3:30am On Aug 23, 2023
Vibra:
That way you can work a bit and school, I’m not sure what the pathway of BSC for international student is

Ok , thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Lovebuddy: 3:37am On Aug 23, 2023
Vibra:

Mehn
I think masters in adult nursing is for those that have bsc
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Arhmiee(f): 3:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Lovebuddy:

Mehn
I think masters in adult nursing is for those that have bsc

You can apply for the 2 years pre-registration masters degree. It’s open to people without a bachelors degree in nursing. After the programme, you get licensed and can practice in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Arhmiee(f): 3:59am On Aug 23, 2023
Hello everyone.
A friend of mine wants to start the USA pathway and has an upcoming interview with Shearwaters health.
Please, I will like to know if this agency is a good one to go with and also, what sort of questions she should expect at the interview. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BinaryMonk: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.
A friend of mine wants to start the USA pathway and has an upcoming interview with Shearwaters health.
Please, I will like to know if this agency is a good one to go with and also, what sort of questions she should expect at the interview. Thank you
Never heard of them, please do share your experience afterwards
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.
Don’t know much about them but they’ve been in the business for long

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.

Why not try WESTWAYS?.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mayowa94: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2023
Hello
Some should please explain this, What is priority date? And how will I know when it becomes current?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Arhmiee(f): 1:48am On Aug 26, 2023
BinaryMonk:

I will when she’s done with the interview.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Arhmiee(f): 1:49am On Aug 26, 2023
Juddy2018:

Why not try WESTWAYS?.

She filled their form as well but hasn’t received a reply
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 26, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello
Some should please explain this, What is priority date? And how will I know when it becomes current?

Priority date is the date you i140 was officially accepted
It’ll be in your notice of action

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
BinaryMonk:

Lol, shearwaters is renowned
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by drokiri(m): 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
I am providing this update in case it may be useful to anyone.
I am sharing a just completed WES evaluation for a School of Nursing with WES and the outcome is a Canadian equivalence of = Three years of Hospital study and training which I believe is equal to a bachelor’s degree as explained on IRCC site below:

"Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

what WES requested are:

1. Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Certificate of Registration and confirmation of enrollment status. (This was requested on NMCN website, you will pay a fee for this to be sent to WES electronically)
2. Academic Transcript from the School of Nursing and Nursing Registration Certificate.

Please note that it may be time-consuming as it depends majorly on the response time from your school / NMCN. but in this case, NMCN was fast.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.