Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626980 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5314213/nigerian-nurses-working-abroad-share#80497498.

While this thread tries to help with the process involved in relocating, the above thread is a follow up. For those that have successfully relocated... Share your experience to help those coming to your country. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am at the stage where i need to do my verification of license and get it sent abroad but i am confused about the process.
For the application letter, who will it be addressed to? can i pls get an example?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:20am On Jul 22, 2019
Cyrilade01:
Hello vickyehi
Pls can u give me the contact at nursing council. My mail is esteempearl@yahoo.com
My contact 08163453128
Thanks
Sent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Filmewell(f): 7:17am On Jul 22, 2019
vickyehi:

Send me a pm for the materials. I would send it to you.

After passing both CBT and ielts you can then contact prospective employers directly or through agents. There are some good options shared on this thread. Interview is sometimes done through Skype.
Good morning please can you send cbt materials to me too.
Email; benylove2345@yahoo
Come.
Thank you in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by booklites: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello my people, congratulation to me. Just returned from Manila Philippine, and guess what? I passed Nclex. Thanks to UWORLD Questions Banks 2019.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jennynorberts: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Congratulations.���� Tapping into your blessing oo
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
booklites:
Hello my people, congratulation to me. Just returned from Manila Philippine, and guess what? I passed Nclex. Thanks to UWORLD Questions Banks 2019. I have managed to save the questions. Email me to get it in your inbox dovelson2 at gmail dot com

Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Theyoungmatron: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
booklites:
Hello my people, congratulation to me. Just returned from Manila Philippine, and guess what? I passed Nclex. Thanks to UWORLD Questions Banks 2019. I have managed to save the questions. Email me to get it in your inbox dovelson2 at gmail dot com
CONGRATULATIONS DEAR.

DO YOU STILL HAVE UWORLD SUBSCRIPTION?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
booklites:

Congratulations kiss kiss kiss

Thank you for your kind heart in wanting to share uworld with others.
But i would also want to state that apart from copy rights laws that prohibits you from sharing uworld in this manner, it isnt as beneficial when you use uworld in this format.
1......you cant track your progress (and knowing your percentile helps to relieve your anxiety a whole lot).
2.....it would make the process feel like you are reading yet another text book and not actually attempting questions.

I know we all want to save cost but I personally feel like uworld is one of the best prep tool out there and using it in this manner minimizes your outcome drastically.

Congrats once again my esteemed professional colleague and more strength to those preparing. It would all end in praise for us all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
booklites:

Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
vickyehi:

Congratulations kiss kiss kiss

Thank you for your kind heart in wanting to share uworld with others.
But i would also want to state that apart from copy rights laws that prohibits you from sharing uworld in this manner, it isnt as beneficial when you use uworld in this format.
1......you cant track your progress (and knowing your percentile helps to relieve your anxiety a whole lot).
2.....it would make the process feel like you are reading yet another text book and not actually attempting questions.

I know we all want to save cost but I personally feel like uworld is one of the best prep tool out there and using it in this manner minimizes your outcome drastically.

Congrats once again my esteemed professional colleague and more strength to those preparing. It would all end in praise for us all.

Please heed this advice.. Copyright. Everyone that is ready to write the Nclex should try and subscribe to UWORLD directly, you will benefit more.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cornelfranca: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
vickyehi:

Then print out the neccessary forms fill it and DHL them back to IQAS. IQAS has a checklist and information on how to go about the process on their website. Please look it up and aquint yourself with the process.
please if applying for express entry and using iqas for ECA , do I really need to evaluate waec or just go with my highest qualification. Does it matter if waec isn't evaluated because iqas actually evaluates highest qualification unlike WES. Will this affect my CRS?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
booklites:
Congrats chief
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 5:18am On Jul 23, 2019
Cornelfranca:
please if applying for express entry and using iqas for ECA , do I really need to evaluate waec or just go with my highest qualification. Does it matter if waec isn't evaluated because iqas actually evaluates highest qualification unlike WES. Will this affect my CRS?

Go with your highest degree if it is N MSC. Iqas doesn't require you to do your waec. If you have RN and RM then evaluate both degrees.

What are your qualifications?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tochyyy: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2019
vickyehi:

Send me a pm. Maybe I can help

Please vickyehi can you help me with payment to TBON too?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by leyoh: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone, this forum has helped so many people, kudus to all those willing to guide and assist others,
Ive recently sent all my documents to NMC UK, Please how long will it take to upload my documents on the portal and get to the assessment queue?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cornelfranca: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2019
vickyehi:

Go with your highest degree if it is N MSC. Iqas doesn't require you to do your waec. If you have RN and RM then evaluate both degrees.

What are your qualifications?
thanks so much, just RN
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cornelfranca: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2019
My problem with ICES is that you have to pay 200 dollar for each document unlike iqas where u pay 200 dollar for all documents you want evaluated or am I missing out on something. please someone should help clarify. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cornelfranca: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2019
Please house if I am evaluating my transcript, do I still need to evaluate my nursing certificate? Or transcript covers everything.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zinny18: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
Please house, how much is cbt in Nigeria, and where can One register (centres in lagos, Abeokuta , or ibadan)

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:02am On Jul 24, 2019
Tochyyy:

Please vickyehi can you help me with payment to TBON too?
Sure!....send me a pm
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Cornelfranca:
thanks so much, just RN

Just Rn wouldnt get you sufficient points to get an ITA for Express entry. Please assess your CRS score and make sure you are above 445. Refer to the Express entry thread for canadian immigration advice.

This thread is for licensure as an RN not Express entry.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2019
Cornelfranca:
My problem with ICES is that you have to pay 200 dollar for each document unlike iqas where u pay 200 dollar for all documents you want evaluated or am I missing out on something. please someone should help clarify. Thank you

ICES takes forever to release an assessment. I would strongly advice against that. Plus like you stated, it is more expensive if you have more than 1 degree.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:07am On Jul 24, 2019
Cornelfranca:
Please house if I am evaluating my transcript, do I still need to evaluate my nursing certificate? Or transcript covers everything.

During evaluation, your school sends transcript as an official copy and you send your certificate to the evaluating body respectively.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:09am On Jul 24, 2019
Zinny18:
Please house, how much is cbt in Nigeria, and where can One register (centres in lagos, Abeokuta , or ibadan)

Thank you

It is roughly 50k naira...depending on conversion rate for the day. Log into your Pearson vue account and you would e able to view the centers close to your location..
All registerations are done online. There are a bunch of centers in Lagos and Ibadan but none in Abeokuta. Those in Abeokuta are directed to pick a center in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Delerichard(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2019
Can a pregnant theatre nurse get employed in UK after she has passed her ietls and CBT exams?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2019
Delerichard:
Can a pregnant theatre nurse get employed in UK after she has passed her ietls and CBT exams?

I doubt if there will be a rule saying pregnant Nurses can not apply, I think it should be a personal decision if you want to go through the process in that condition + the hustle to fix OSCE. Barbiee

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
Delerichard:

Points to consider may be that you may not qualify for full benefits during your maternity leave. Also it depends on how pregnant you are and your personal determination. I have seen someone sit for nclex when her baby was barely 2wks old and she passed at 76 questions (her story inspired me a lot when I was in my nclex bubble).
So all am saying in summary is that there would be challenges but nothing is impossible.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Thank you for these post. My wife was a nurse in Nigeria before moving to Europe. She do not have all the requirements that the agency are asking for. So my question is can we do it alone?? Starting from Cgnfs to Nclex?? Can we get Agency once these are scaled through?? And will the requirements won't be like before??

Please, your advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
Compu001:
Thank you for these post. My wife was a nurse in Nigeria before moving to Europe. She do not have all the requirements that the agency are asking for. So my question is can we do it alone?? Starting from Cgnfs to Nclex?? Can we get Agency once these are scaled through?? And will the requirements won't be like before??

Please, your advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

It depends on what the requirements are but let's say it's a requirement that she must be working in a 100bed ward, that requirement would likely not change.
Yes you can do it alone. Also, employers are more vested after you have passed your NCLEX-RN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Any difference between getting a private sector job or a NHS job in the UK for Nurses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.