Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Okrika Great - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okrika Great (4479 Views)

Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu / When Did APC/Buharists Become Patriotic? / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okrika Great by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okrika Great by cktheluckyman: 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Since whwn did we start trying and convicting corruption suspects on the pages of newspapers and online forum? Since whwn did it become a norm to arrest and detain people without any form of trial? Since when did we start disobeying court orders?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by Super1Star: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
PDP of today is EQUALS to CORRUPTION .

Nothing more nothing less.

8 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Since whwn did we start trying and convicting corruption suspects on the pages of newspapers and online forum? Since whwn did it become a norm to arrest and detain people without any form of trial? Since when did we start disobeying court orders?
Since time immemorial and world over, the Press have always been reporting on corruption. In fact, the Press reported that of Blagojevich even before he was impeached and convicted. Same with the Jefferson case. Should the press go mute because your ally is indicted?

And no court order has been disobeyed. If you think there is, file case of contempt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, who will win Rivers election, APC or PDP?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
APCcrimesHHD:
TonyeBarcanista, who will win Rivers election, APC or PDP?
That is not the subject!

Every sane forumite know my stand on Rivers election. Just cut it!

7 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by Mack3N: 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mr man, decamp to APC if you want to,make we hear word!

Stop trying to give reasons why you have to decamp!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That is not the subject!

Every sane forumite know my stand on Rivers election. Just cut it!
Haaaaaaaaa..Protection seekerrrrrrrrrrrrr..

2 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by aieromon(m): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
This guy is literally on fire grin grin grin

No further comment.....

7 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
I'm only waiting for omenka and Johnmartus to comment

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mack3N:
Mr man, decamp to APC if you want to,make we hear word!

Stop trying to give reasons why you have to decamp!
did he say he wants to decamp grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by arewaempire: 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
Omenkata, come and see your hero... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by Mack3N: 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
did he say he wants to decamp grin grin grin
Whatelse is his wailing about grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by coolitempa(f): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
Curled from an earlier post today.

The attempt to exonerate crooks under investigation for the diversion of funds meant to fight the armed insurgency has on Nairaland been co-opted into the fight for Biafra together with the hatred for Buhari by the ipod youths and thus hatred for TonyeBarcanista for daring to take a position which is at odds with any of these views.

To be honest with all and sundry, I have found him to be someone who is not only open minded but someone who can be dogmatic but seeks to want the best for his country irrespective of whose ox is gored. It was precisely for these reasons and amongst others that he moved to PDP because as at that time there was a lack of clarity on certain areas where anyone might have felt PMB did not quite add up to scrutiny. However from his writings back then, he never felt totally comfortable with the direction in which some certain supporters of the PDP on Nairaland wanted to drag him. For example, the pro-biafra elements here have always tried to co-opt the Niger-Delta into their illusory dream without seeking their consent and they tried to do this on the basis of a not too subtle blackmail along the lines of 'after all, we supported your brother as the president' while conveniently ignoring the fact t that they were the biggest beneficiaries of his inept governance.

In my opinion, I find Snailspeed's postulation as being irrevocably shameful and lacking in logic for how else can he feign ignorance of the fact that the role of the NSA is one that should be devoid of party affiliation. The basis of his 'logical position' is that the bulk of the amount being investigated can be classified as security votes and the rest which was the $300million from the Abacha funds was expeditiously dispensed. However he is unable to back up his position on funds allocated to the ONSA as falling into the band called 'security votes' with any constitutional authority other than his say so. Furthermore, even if this illogical/unconstitutional position of his were to be accepted, the fact remains that these amounts must still be accounted for in order that we might decide whether our monies have been judiciously spent but the evidence presented thus far especially the statements and actions of the recipients' is sufficient proof that this position in untenable.

His name 'snailspeed'...speaks for itself, and we will not allow anyone to take us back to the ignoble period of 'stealing is not corruption. Enough is enough, we want our morality back...... angry angry angry

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okrika Great by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mack3N:

Whatelse is his wailing about grin
To put your dirty mind at rest. grin tongue tongue tongue he will never leave PDP wink wink wink lipsrsealed
Re: Okrika Great by EternalTruths: 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Aisha's rice is sweet and powerful

Even Tonyebarcanista has ported to APC to enjoy Aisha's rice cheesy

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Tinubu Amaechi are now saints

Once you join APC, your sins are forgiven and a plate of Aisha's rice becomes your portion kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by Mack3N: 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
To put your dirty mind at rest. grin tongue tongue tongue he will never leave PDP wink wink wink lipsrsealed
Good for me,bad business for him....who loose cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
coolitempa:
Curled from an earlier post today.

The attempt to exonerate crooks under investigation for the diversion of funds meant to fight the armed insurgency has on Nairaland been co-opted into the fight for Biafra together with the hatred for Buhari by the ipod youths and thus hatred for TonyeBarcanista for daring to take a position which is at odds with any of these views.

To be honest with all and sundry, I have found him to be someone who is not only open minded but someone who can be dogmatic but seeks to want the best for his country irrespective of whose ox is gored. It was precisely for these reasons and amongst others that he moved to PDP because as at that time there was a lack of clarity on certain areas where anyone might have felt PMB did not quite add up to scrutiny. However from his writings back then, he never felt totally comfortable with the direction in which some certain supporters of the PDP on Nairaland wanted to drag him. For example, the pro-biafra elements here have always tried to co-opt the Niger-Delta into their illusory dream without seeking their consent and they tried to do this on the basis of a not too subtle blackmail along the lines of 'after all, we supported your brother as the president' while conveniently ignoring the fact t that they were the biggest beneficiaries of his inept governance.

In my opinion, I find Snailspeed's postulation as being irrevocably shameful and lacking in logic for how else can he feign ignorance of the fact that the role of the NSA is one that should be devoid of party affiliation. The basis of his 'logical position' is that the bulk of the amount being investigated can be classified as security votes and the rest which was the $300million from the Abacha funds was expeditiously dispensed. However he is unable to back up his position on funds allocated to the ONSA as falling into the band called 'security votes' with any constitutional authority other than his say so. Furthermore, even if this illogical/unconstitutional position of his were to be accepted, the fact remains that these amounts must still be accounted for in order that we might decide whether our monies have been judiciously spent but the evidence presented thus far especially the statements and actions of the recipients' is sufficient proof that this position in untenable.

His name 'snailspeed'...speaks for itself, and we will not allow anyone to take us back to the ignoble period of 'stealing is not corruption. Enough is enough, we want our morality back...... angry angry angry

I can see a new found love for the op.

Well done

Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by Omenkata: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
arewaempire:
Omenkata, come and see your hero... cheesy
ala fejuo nne i anya ebea
Re: Okrika Great by LesbianBoy(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Some people are just shameless undecided

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mack3N:

Good for me,bad business for him....who loose cheesy
You will loose because you will be a wailer while he will be a new breed Zombie from walking dead grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by ejiinii: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
The op is writing out of frustration from the snail speed yesterday the wrote a simple post and proof that the dasuki case is propaganda the op try to respond with irrelevant links that embarrass his response

You clearly stated in your posted that pdp found efcc arrest and jailed there are own chieftain like James Ibori and co but today we are seeing different approach from pdp when they chase only opposition

The op said they black mail him why will anybody blackmail you they you let everybody know you have joined pdp now that you have move to pdp courtesy demand you let them know too not writing against your conscience

5 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by coolitempa(f): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
I can see a new found love for the op.

Well done

Kwantinue

This is nonsense.... angry...the fact that I agree with him on this topic does not mean that I will not disagree with him on another... angry....use your brain...it is there for a purpose..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okrika Great by Mack3N: 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
You will loose because you will be a wailer while he will be a new breed Zombie from walking dead grin grin grin
I have always been a wailer,nothing new!
Proudly 5%

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by Omenkata: 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista is really pain because snailspeed disgraced him yesterday thus he's running about this forum since morning crying grin

what a pathetic life to live cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by Smartsyn(m): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Since fighting corruption is now selective,

since every member in APC in now a saint,

since the disobedience of court orders..

Nobody will support corruption or corrupt officials if they're tried in fairness and in just within the ambit of the law. But a method of detaining and the through your spokesperson making statements attributed to the detainee when they can't speak for themselves, and convicting them even before trial, is not acceptable and should be fought vehemently.

3 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by Omenkata: 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
[s]
coolitempa:

This is nonsense.... angry...the fact that I agree with him on this topic does not mean that I will not disagree with him on another... angry....use your brain...it is there for a purpose..
[/s]

what's this one saying

1 Like

Re: Okrika Great by coolitempa(f): 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
ejiinii:
The op is writing out of frustration from the snail speed yesterday the wrote a simple post and proof that the dasuki case is propaganda the op try to respond with irrelevant links that embarrass his response

You clearly stated in your posted that pdp found efcc arrest and jailed there are own chieftain like James Ibori and co but today we are seeing different approach from pdp when they chase only opposition

The op said they black mail him why will anybody blackmail you they you let everybody know you have joined pdp now that you have move to pdp courtesy demand you let them know too not writing against your conscience

Some of you guys should be banned from writing because of the trash that you post....when and where did james ibori get jailed by PDP

3 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by meccuno: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
It is now common to see some so-called members and chieftains of PDP jumping into queue to support, shield and glorify alleged corrupt members of the party. It started with the Saraki scandal, when some PDP and APC senators abandoned their legislative assignment to accompany indicted Bukola Saraki(who is not a card carrying party member) to court in a show of "solidarity". As if that wasn't embarrassing enough, the #ArmsGate scandal and other probe saw an army of some party members and chieftains going to the press and social media to "condemn" the fight against corruption because their comrades are indicted. Most embarrassing is the fact that this set of people not just support the alleged crooks, they expect everyone to join the league of shame. When did PDP started supporting and shielding crooks?

Is It Not PDP Government That Created EFCC?
When PDP took over power from the Military in 1999, President Obasanjo went on world tour. He observed that corruption perception of Nigeria was hindering foreign investors to come invest in Nigeria. Additionally, Nigeria was listed by the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) as one of the 23 non-cooperative countries in the effort to fight corruption and money laundry. As at the time, Nigeria had only the Police force(that was very corrupt) to deal with fraud and stealing. The PDP government of President Obasanjo sent an Executive bill to the National Assembly for the creation of a special agency to tackle economic crimes, fraud and money laundry. The EFCC was birthed in 2003, with then Assistant Police Commissioner, Nuhu Ribadu as Executive Chairman.

If PDP government created EFCC, is it unfair for members to answer their alleged economic crimes? Is EFCC the creation of APC?

PDP Has Traditional Silence on Indicted Officials
Since creation, several PDP chieftains have been arrested and prosecuted for corruption without the party siding any of the indictees. Some of them are; Depreye Alamesigha, James Onanefe Ibori, Saminu Turaki, Lucky Igbenedion, Ayo Fayose(indicted but fled), Adolphus Wabara(ex-Senate President), Uzor Kalu, Fabian Osuji(a serving minister under Obasanjo), Joshua Dariye, Bode George, Gbenga Daniel, Dimeji Bankolea, Peter Odili, Obong Attah etc. The tradition of the party as an institution then was to allow indictees and their aides defend themselves. PDP as an institution did not involve in corruption matters involving these members and chieftains. Though some party members and chieftains as individuals were having one or two corrupt issues, non of them were "defended" by the party as an institution.

PDP Even Campaigned With Anti-Corruption in 2007
Let us also recall that in the 2007 election, PDP used "anti-corruption" slogan to campaign for its Presidential candidate Musa Yar'adua. They maintained the fact that Yar'adua was one of the most transparent politician in that era, and PDP is a party that fights corruption. In fact, one of the factors that worked against Atiku Abubakar when he flew AC flag was that "He was corrupt, and Yar'adua (and Buhari of ANPP) was incorruptible". As at then, there was an incorruptible and uncompromising patriots like exNAFDAC DG late Dora Akunyili, and Nuhu Ribadu's effort to add color to the campaign that brought Yar'adua to power.

When Did PDP As A Party Change?
It is however shocking that some members and chieftains of the party of today will not only drag the party into personal corruption cases of chieftains, but has made it clear that a "loyal" party member must prove his/her loyalty by supporting indicted crooks and condemning anti-corruption crusade of Buhari. It is even debasing that some of these people see support for corrupt officials as "playing opposition". Is that opposition or nuisance?

When did PDP as an institution started taking such position? Does playing opposition equate to being shameless, constituting nuisance, and siding criminality? Will it not be appropriate for the party to set up investigating committee to assess the involvement or otherwise of its chieftains and implement discipline on those that are found wanting? Won't that help save its image and boost credibility?

Blackmail Tactics...
While some people have tried so hard to discredit me, I have to state that I(TonyeBarcanista) will NOT succumb to any form of blackmail from any quarter to back corrupt ex-officials nor oppose the fight against corruption. Some accuse me of seeking favors from APC, but sane mind will deduce that it is more profiting(if one is seeking personal gain) to support corrupt officials than to support a government fighting corruption. Some say Barcanista is a "political prostitute without integrity", but sane mind will grasp that it is only people with integrity that will call for prosecution of alleged thief without fear or favor to any group or individual. What message will I send to the world if I support corrupt officials? As for "political prostitution", the fact is that nobody(and nothing) can hold me to ransom.

As long as I am concerned, politics is about service to the public and not individuals. Nigeria will always come first for the good of Nigerians. Nigeria must be better... Aluta Continua

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by EdCure: 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Who will be clean enough for membership of your proposed PDP investigitive committee? The PDP that we have today is made up of reprobates who have inserted hands deep in the reeking mud of corruption.

Take it or leve it, today's pdp is merely an aggregation of corrupt interests. An avenue for perpetuating a looting counter-culture and all things injurious to public interest.

3 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by arewaempire: 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Omenkata:

ala fejuo nne i anya ebea

Oya, hungry IPOB g**t, take gworo. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Okrika Great by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
coolitempa:

undecided undecided undecided Amaechi is a saint because he is in APC barcanista knows what he is doing because he is sympathetic to the govt of the day.

Ok ooooooo

Kwantinue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha Wades Into Ohanaeze Crisis / Justice Binta Nyako View On Nnamdi Kanus Next Court Case / Awo Tinubu & Fashola Political Legacy & Career Destroyed By S. Governor Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.