Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too (17179 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 24, 2016
emprorbolaji:
I can't just imagine u calling Jesus God, hmmmmm I pity bro,are u fucking telling me dat almighty God dat d whole world is serving was also born by so called human.....damn crazy
See one of the good brain talk. Kudos.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 24, 2016
God bless you OP. There is but one God. So bad that denominationalism has destroyed the very essence of true worship. In heaven, there is ONE KING, even devil knows. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by omolola15(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2016
along4dem:

The answer is YES! He can be God and also son of God. And he prayed to his father (God the father).

Now this is seriously confusing. So there's God the Father and God the son. So what you are saying is that there's someone higher than jesus if I get you correctly. And that person is God
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Sirjohn84(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2016
make no mistake..#JESUSISGOD Deut 4vz6

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Ejjis(m): 11:41am On Jan 24, 2016
God came in a flesh, that is Jesus Christ....Don't argue what you don't know. Read your Bible and understand it before you perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by flokii: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2016
@chiedu7 but d bible made it clear that.. there are "THREE" that bear record in heaven.
how can you explain that?

and dat Isiah also termed Jesus d "mighty God" and "Almighty" for the most Supreme..
what do you see abt this?
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by livebullet(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2016
D basic tenet of christainity is incarnation - i.e God comin down as man to save us. IF U DONT BELIEVE in the GOD-Person of Jesus then u do not fall into d class called "christain". THIS IS CREDO! Number 1 amongst catholic biblical beliefs!
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Mintayo(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
"...Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:.." (Lk 24:19).

This is interesting, here we have luke calling Jesus (peace be upon him ) a prophet.

So who is lying luke or Jesus ( on whom be peace ) ?
Confused soul. May Jesus save you. Trying to kidnap Jesus into Islam. Calling Jesus what He didn't call himself. Repent now!
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by atoleybaba(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2016
chuose:

Its good he did for some slow pokes to learn.

I pity you hockeyoiler, you are really a slow poke.

Did God the Father not command that His Son Jesus is to be worshipped.

Hebrew 1
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
oga dy normally worship idol too does that make d idol God(notice d capital G) stop confusing ur self. U are ought to accord respect to Jesus too but that is not to say Jesus is Jehovah God.. Jesus is God son not God he himself testified to that....before u will start turning bible upside down with d op. D first point d op even made discourage me from reading d remaining it was filled with thrash and I can only pray for God to forgive u thru d name of his son our Ransomer Christ Jesus amen

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by danbouy(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2016
May God 4gve u all, remember jesus say i can not do anythin of myself except the wil of my father in heaven. He said i will go to my father because ye belive not on me. He also said and that day you will call on me lord but i will give u no word, i shall beg my father on to you................ Even the word 'son' is a tittle in bible, for instance God called jacob his first son while jesus is second son. Jesus is nothing but pencil in the hand of God likewise prophet muhammed SAW.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by atoleybaba(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2016
chiedu7:

That makes Him God too, thats why the Jews wanted to kill Him

John 5 (KJV)

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10 (KJV)

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
verse 30 means he is working in accordance with God's will or in other word they are united it is just like saying we are one in Nigeria despite having oover350 tribes and langs in d country

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by atoleybaba(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
Daniel 7:13-14
"I kept looking in the night visions, And
behold, with the clouds of heaven One
like a SON OF MAN was coming, And He
came up to the Ancient of Days And was
presented before Him. "And to Him was
given dominion, Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations, and men of every language Might SERVE HIM. His
dominion is an EVERLASTING dominion
Which will not pass away; And His
kingdom is one Which will not be
destroyed.

Obviously, if the Son of Man were only
human, He would not be able to
establish an eternal kingdom. Likewise,
He would not be able to convince all
peoples to serve Him. Such abilities and
honors are reserved for God alone.
God as given Jesus d kingdom to rule over.... That still doesn't make him Jehovah God
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Fortune13(m): 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
These verses should clear all doubts:

The book of Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The MIGHTY GOD, The everlasting FATHER, The Prince of Peace.

The child/son here is – Jesus Christ
Counsellor – Holy Spirit
The mighty God, The everlasting Father – God

This same Jesus is God in the flesh – John 1:10, 14:7-9
John 14:7} If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
John 14:8} Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {
John 14:9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then,] Shew us the Father?

Jesus Christ is the same Holy Spirit – St. John 14:23-26

14:23} Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
14:24} He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
14:25} These things have I spoken unto you, being [yet] present with you.
14:26} But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
14:26} But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

No controversy Jesus Christ is God…..
Nevertheless, You cannot know this GOD by the letter, only by revelation....

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by atoleybaba(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
Jesus has two nature, fully God and Fully man, christ was a man, it was God the son incarnate in Jesus the christ.

Micah 5:2
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though
you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me one who will
be ruler over Israel, whose origins are
FROM OF OLD, from ancient times."

The fact that He was born at a particular point of time in Bethlehem proved he was a human and the fact that He was from OLD , "from ancient of days" proved He was divine, He has no beginning "God is eternal". This indicate Jesus has two nature, God and man, so when Jesus pray, fast ,eat, sleep, etc , He does so because that was a duty for man.
Jesus has beginning oooo.....he was d first born creation that is y d bible refers to him as d first born son of God.... He was dre when God created d oda angels and d heavens and earth that is y God often said "let us" john chapter 1 said the word(jesus) was with God and d word was a god(not d capital letter G people often mistake it to be) do ur research on that bible portion for better understanding browse for bible scholars and interpretation of d bible from Hebrew to English (first hand)
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Vlady(f): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
i and my father are one

if u see me. u have seen my father

God the father son and holy spirit..... 3in1 GOD
Any which way u look at it JESUS IS GOD BUT GOD THE SON

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Raphael81(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Disciples did not believe Jesus was God

The Acts of the Apostles in the Bible details the activity of the disciples over a period of thirty years after Jesus was raised to heaven. Throughout this period, they never referred to Jesus as God. For instance Peter stood up with the eleven disciples and addressed a crowd saying:

‘Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)
For Peter, Jesus was a servant of God (Confirmed In Matthew 12:18)
‘The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.’ (Acts 3:13)
‘God raised up his servant’ (Acts 3:26)

ok lets assume he was a "servant", what about muhammed, since he died, has any miracle ever bwen linked to him? has he ever appeared to his people, yet the "servant jesus" continues to appear and do miracles even among muslima, so why not reset ur brain bro

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by sagieramos(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Disciples did not believe Jesus was God

The Acts of the Apostles in the Bible details the activity of the disciples over a period of thirty years after Jesus was raised to heaven. Throughout this period, they never referred to Jesus as God. For instance Peter stood up with the eleven disciples and addressed a crowd saying:

‘Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)
For Peter, Jesus was a servant of God (Confirmed In Matthew 12:18)
‘The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.’ (Acts 3:13)
‘God raised up his servant’ (Acts 3:26)
explanation obviously valid enough to convinced anyone with unbias mind to understand jesus is the son/servant/messager of the father/almighty_god.
the name 'jesus' meaning also clearify jah is the only servation
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by happney65: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
omolola15:

Now this is seriously confusing. So there's God the Father and God the son. So what you are saying is that there's someone higher than jesus if I get you correctly. And that person is God

Don't mind those people...Religious people are confused..In one aspect of Christianity where I like Jehovah Witnesses is this..They have explained it in details why they don't believe in the Trinity..Those ones wey come confuse themselves pass na Catholics..Them still come join the worship of Mary join..Na so I asked my Ex wey be Stauch Catholic why Una dey worship Mary,she came with one confusing explanation..Whether Una worship Jesus,Allah or Sango he no concern me..But wetin concern me be say Seun should stop making Nairaland look like a Church on Sunday where religious topics fly into Frontpage as if na Sunday school we dey do..If Una wan do Church go church,If Una wan pray for mosque,he dey around Una..But u all shld stop bombarding the FP with all these Religious topics on Sunday..Abi wetin sef..Thank You
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by chiedu7: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
druxy:
i need an answer...when u claim jesus died fr 3 days then rose.who was controlling the world those 3 days.Angels??

omolola15:

God bless you abundantly for this question. I need an answer but I doubt anyone will answer

Are you not aware that there is God the Father and God the Holy Spirit ?

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of t[b]he Holy Ghost[/b]:

Notice The Holy Ghost is Called HE because He is a Person too

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name[b], he shall teach you all things[/b],
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Raphael81(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
It is settled law that Jesus is indeed God,you remember when the jews wanted to stone him? it was cos he equaled him self to God, for those who believe, no expanation is necessary but for those who dont believe, then no explanation is possible. John 1 also tells us that the "word" was God himself because nothing was made except thru him

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by banmee(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nigerians and religion. By now, the whole country should have been transformed to heaven with the way they carry bible. Lol. . .
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by chiedu7: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
flokii:
@chiedu7 but d bible made it clear that.. there are "THREE" that bear record in heaven.
how can you explain that?

That was quoted in 1 John 5:7 and it says these 3 are ONE

1 John 5:7 (KJV)
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

flokii:

and dat Isiah also termed Jesus d "mighty God" and "Almighty" for the most Supreme..
what do you see abt this?

Did you not read that Jesus called Himself the ALMIGHTY in book of Revelation ?
Who else is coming back but Jesus

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Flooerin(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
[In response to this, what is termed trinity is implying that they co-exist as one which you have termed YHWH.
The YHWH is has Eternal Life in Himself and when he created, his first creation was the word for He spoke and His word is the Logos.
In His was the spirit which is termed Holy Spirit now read genesis 1 so dont march them as one.quote author=Oktoberfest post=42275315]The Tetragrammaton "YHWH" YAWEH OR JEHOVAH has always been a mystery,the translators of the Bible refers to God in several ways like Lord, Lord God,God Almighty,and its not just a word play.
in Genesis God said "let 'Us' make man in 'Our' image"...not images;who makes up the "Us" and "Our" there?
The Book John says...in the beginning was the Word,..and the Word was "God",n all things were created by Him,...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among men.
and again Jesus said "I am the Way,the Truth and Life,no one comes to the Father except through me"
again somewhere in the Book of Psalms,king David said,"the Lord said to my Lord sit at my right arm till i make thy enemies ur foot-stool"
the Book of Daniel,like Revelation talks of God giving all Powers and Kingdom to one like the Son of man,that was slaughtered,and by His blood He redeemed man to God,and the Kingdom would have no end...
if u say the Lord Jesus is a son of man,son of God,prophet,messiah,servant of God u are right because thats what the Bible says,he is refered to as Lord in the old testament,different from God Almighty, and together with the Holy Spirit make up YHWH

[/quote]
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by flokii: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
o
chiedu7:

That was quoted in 1 John 5:7 and it says these 3 are ONE

1 John 5:7 (KJV)
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Did you not read that Jesus called Himself the ALMIGHTY in book of Revelation ?
Who else is coming back but Jesus

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

ok.. Great!

one last question... who has HE been praying to while on earth

and who made the statement.. this is my beloved "son" in whom I am well pleased during his baptism
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Horlufemi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
If Jesus was God, he would have sought worship for himself. Since he didn’t, instead he sought worship for God in the heavens, therefore, he was not God. Jesus worshipped the only true God

‘that they might know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.’ (John 17:3)

‘he continued all night in prayer to God.’ (Luke 6:12)

‘Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve’ (Matthew 20:28)

Matthew 2:2, 8, 11, "'Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him.'...[Herod says,] 'Go and make careful search for the Child; and when you have found Him, report to me, that I too may come and worship Him.'...And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother and they fell down and worshiped Him...." Matthew 28:9, "And they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples. And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

Matthew 14:3, Peter gets out of the boat and walks on the water. Peter starts to sink, Jesus reaches out and saves him. And when they got into the boat the wind stopped. And those who were in the boat worshipped [\b]Him saying, "You are certainly God's Son! " These people are not just tipping their hats to an esteemed person. In Matthew 28:17 it says, "And when they saw Him, [the risen Jesus Christ whom they knew had been dead and was now alive] they [b]worshipped Him." And then in John 9:38 the man blind from birth is healed. He said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him. Hebrews 1:6, "And when He again brings the first-born into the world He says, 'And let all the angels of God
worship Him.'"
These verses show much more than mere respect, much more than deference, much more than courtesy. Jesus is being worshipped.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Horlufemi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jesus was killed for one offence, Blasphemy.

Sometimes to understand the bible you need to understand the culture of the Jews.

What blasphemy could make a priest tear his clothes.

Think about it.

Jesus said he is the Son of God which in Jewish culture means I am God.

Jesus is God shikena.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Fkhalifa(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
The basis of Christianity is so flawed ,The concept of who God is so confusing, The Bible itself is so contradictory judging from verses from posts above.

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by lomprico(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
All of u are right! This only explains Trinity!
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by bashsani(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
I quote the devil ordes him to prostrate b4 him and worship him, even tempting him with worldly possessions. How can the devil even dare such an audacity with God?when the devil wanted jesus to comply with his orders he(Jesus) replieby saying that it was written in the previous books refering to Matthew 4:10
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by druxy(m): 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
akfeas:
The Bible also says one should avoid foolish questions. But either way have you ever heard where a spirit was killed. The vessel(flesh) might die but the spirit lives on. Making him even super in control of the world. Reasons being that everything in the physical is controlled by the spiritual. Hope that answers your question.
hear yourself.so d so called death for your sake is not real.just lyk moulting in insects.besides why all these spirits and spiritual stuffs.Anytym you guyz are out of excuse you start going spiritual.GIMME A SUITABLE ANSWER
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by druxy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
flokii:
o

ok.. Great!

one last question... who has HE been praying to while on earth

and who made the statement.. this is my beloved "son" in whom I am well pleased during his baptism
God bless you for that question.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by flokii: 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
druxy:
God bless you for that question.

in my own opinion.. Jesus christ is d way to d "MOST HIGH" in heaven.. d truth and also d light

we shouldn't get confused about who is Almighty or not.. everyone will have different view & opinions which is quite normal

what christians should do is to live a life that'll please God as laid down in d scriptures.. SIMPLE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.