Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,978 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too (17181 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Read Matt 28:18-20... and tell me how the lord Jesus is God the Father. .. tnx
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jesus pbuh is the son of man, the OT tells us not to trust the son of man:

The New Testament makes it very clear that Jesus pbuh is the son of man:

Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air [have] nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay [his] head.

Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Luk 9:44 Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.

Luk 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Jhn 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

The Old Testament tells us not to put our trust in the son of man:

Psalms 146:

1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by coolexy2: 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
chuose:
The bible is clear that Jesus is God.
Anybody can see from what OP showed here
Deuteronomy 18:15 ESV / 193 helpful votes
“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—
John 14:15-16 ESV / 62 helpful votes
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,...Jesus is nt God, is a messenger of God. and also Jesus was sent to the people of Isreal not to d world....carefully read ur bible
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city

--
So you're claiming Jesus pbuh told an army to rape women ? Zecharia talks of this rape. If you're claiming Jesus pbuh told an army to rape women , you have missed the message of Jesus pbuh
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by menxer: 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Some people sef!

I am here to check out the e-crusaders. grin

PS:
If God = Jesus, Then God is looking at himself (since Jesus was imaged as man) in a mirror (Earth), but ones image in a mirror is an illusion...
grin
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Boomark(m): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
chiedu7:

That makes Him God too, thats why the Jews wanted to kill Him

John 5 (KJV)

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10 (KJV)

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

quote author=Boomark

John 10:33-36 New International Version (NIV)
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law,‘I have said you are“gods”'? 35 If he called them ‘gods,' to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside — 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,‘I am God's Son'?

Read the above emboldened from down to up, you will understand it better.

1. Jesus said he is God's son (the son of God).
2. Both Jesus and and the Jews are saying the same thing in vs 35, 34 and 33 (no misunderstanding).
3. Saying you are God's son implies you are a god, vs 35, 34, 33.

If gods should start a sentence it will definitely be written as 'Gods.' Nobody own the word 'God,' it is just like having 'Almighty' and 'almighty.' Same word,, same meaning. What we have is the God of Gods, this One is the God of all. He has no God and He is the Father.

◄John 20:17 ►
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Read also 1Cor 8:5-6, Heb 1:9, Rev 3:12.

This topic will also help you to know things you never knew.
https://www.nairaland.com/1127181/jesus-christ-servant-god-trinity
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
coolexy2:
Deuteronomy 18:15 ESV / 193 helpful votes
“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—
John 14:15-16 ESV / 62 helpful votes
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,...Jesus is nt God, is a messenger of God. and also Jesus was sent to the people of Isreal not to d world....carefully read ur bible
Isaiah 42:6. I, the Lord have called u in righteousness . And. Will hold ur hand. I will keep u and give u as a covenant to the people. As light to the GENTILEs.

Who are the Gentiles?
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by icybeth(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
please compare john 3:16and john17:3. And stop deceiving people with your misconceptions
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Basic123: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
stingbreed:
@op,,, so who owns the voice that said " this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased ".....
Christianity is the oldest biggest scam
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Basic123: 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mintayo:

Confused soul. May Jesus save you. Trying to kidnap Jesus into Islam. Calling Jesus what He didn't call himself. Repent now!
If he ever need any saviour that person will be Almighty God not jesus christ.Because Jesus himself prayed to God to save him.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by fun4: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jesus Christ made it abundantly, VERY CLEAR that he is NOT JEHOVAH, God Almighty.

Matthew 24:36

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but MY FATHER ONLY "

There several scriptures are in support of that.

So if Jesus Christ is Almighty God why would he not know the day that the end of the conclusion of this system of things be?
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Muyiwabiggy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
chiedu7:
Jesus Himself said that Moses wrote of Him, so that God Moses knew was Jesus.

John 5:46
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Luke 24:27
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Many people dont know that Jesus is the Jehovah in the Old Testament.

Well here are 10 points to show that[/color]
[/size][/b]

1] JEHOVAH OUR LORD HIMSELF CREATED

Psalm 8 (KJV)
1 O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT THE BIBLE REVEALS THAT JESUS CREATED WITH HIS FINGERS
MAKING SAME HIM JEHOVAH LORD AS PSALM 8 ABOVE

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son (i.e. Jesus) , whom he hath appointed heir of all things,0
by whom also he made the worlds;
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

2] AGAIN JEHOVAH THAT CREATED IN NO1 ABOVE, AGAIN SAY’S HE IS THE FIRST & THE LAST

Isaiah 48 (KJV)
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens:
when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts;
I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION, JUST AS THE BOOKS NAME JESUS REVEALS HIMSELF AS THE FIRST & THE LAST MAKING HIM FULL GOD.
JESUS SAYS HE IS THE ALPHA & OMEGA IN VERSE 8, THATS THE SAME AS SAYING HE IS THE ALPHA & OMEGA.
NOTICE HE SAY'S HE IS THE ALMIGHTY TOO.

NOTICE VERSE 18 STATES HE WAS DEAD, THAT IS CLEARLY JESUS NO ONE ELSE. AND HE LIVES FOREVER.

SO JESUS IS THE SAME GOD TALK IN ISAIAH 44 & 48 ABOVE

Revelation 1 (KJV)
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ
, .......
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

17 And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

3] THE LORD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT SAY’S HE IS THE ONLY SAVIOUR

Isaiah 43:11 (KJV)
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

THE NEW TESTAMENT DECLARE JESUS TOO TO BE OUR SAVIOUE MAKING HIM THE SAME LORD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.
AND ISAIAH 43:11 SAYS THE LORD IS THE ONLY SAVIOUR. SO FOR JESUS TO BE THE SAVIOUR IT MEANS HE IS THE GOD OF THE OLD
TESTAMENT

Titus 3:6 (KJV)
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

4] THE SABBATH BELONG'S TO THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT

Leviticus 19:3 (KJV)
.....keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.

JESUS SAY'S HE IS THE LORD OF THE SABBATH, MEANING HE IS THE LORD THE JEWS WORSHIPED.
We all know that Jesus is being refered to here and He owns the sabbath.

Mark 2:28 (KJV)
Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

5] GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT CALLED HIMSELF THE "LORD OF LORDS".

Deuteronomy 10:17 (KJV)
For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible,

JESUS AGAIN IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS CALLED THE SAME "LORD OF LORDS" MAKING HIM THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT TOO.
WE ALL KNOW THAT JESUS IS THE LAMB OF GOD

Revelation 17:14 (KJV)
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings:
and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

6] GOD SAID HE IS THE ONLY GOD THERE IS AND IS NO OTHER BUT HIM.

Isaiah 45:21
...have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

THE AMAZING THING IN OLD TESTAMENT WE HAVE THE CLEAREST PROPHECY THAT GOD WILL BE BORN AS A MAN.
AND THE BIBLE DECLARES GOD BORN TO BE OUR FATHER

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7] GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT SAYS HE DOES NOT CHANGE

Malachi 3:6 (KJV)
For I am the LORD, I change not;

AGAIN IN THE NEW TESTAMENT JESUS TOO IS DECLARE NOT TO CHANGE,JUST AS GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.
AND ONLY GOD OF HEAVEN CAN DO THIS, SO JESUS IS THE GOD OF HEAVEN OF THE OLD TESTAMENT

Hebrews 13:8 (KJV)
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

8] MOSES SUFFERED INSULTS FOR FOLLOWING GOD OF HEAVEN

Exodus 5 KJV
20 And[b] they met Moses and Aaron[/b], who stood in the way, as they came forth from Pharaoh:
21 And[b] they said unto them, The LORD look upon you, and judge; because ye have made our savour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh[/b], and in the eyes of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to slay us.

THE NEW TESTAMENT MADE IT CLEAR THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF JESUS MOSES SUFFERED INSULTS.
SO JESUS IS THE GOD THAT DELIVERED ISRAEL AND DESTROY PHARAOH.

Hebrews 11
24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt:
for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

SO WE CAN SEE MOSES WAS THINKING OF THE REWARD GOD HAS WHO IS JESUS.

9] KING DAVID HIMSELF CALLED JESUS HIS LORD. NOTICE DAVID SAID "THE" LORD SAID TO "MY" LORD!
"THE LORD" WHOM DAVID DID NOT KNOW SAID TO THE LORD DAVID WHICH HE CALLED "MY LORD"

Psalm 110:1 (KJV)
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

WE ALL KNOW DAVID WORSHIPED THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.
JESUS ASKED THE JEWS "IF CHRIST IS THE SON OF DAVID WHY DID DAVID CALL HIM LORD?"
THIS SHOWS THAT DAVID WAS WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST

Matthew 22
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

10] THE ABOVE SHOWS THAT DAVID DID NOT CALL CHRIST HIS SON BUT CALLED JESUS HIS LORD!
AND DAVID WORSHIPED THE ONLY TRUE GOD THATS JESUS
EVIDENCE THAT JESUS IS DAVID'S GOD AND HENCE JESUS IS 10000% GOD

10] FINALLY ONLY GOD OF HEAVEN ANSWERS PRAYERS AND JESUS SAID CLEARLY HE ANSWERS PRAYERS
SO JESUS IS 1000% GOD ALMIGHTY

John 14 (KJV)
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Arrant nonsense, you people will just use your academic sense to make sense of the word of God forgetting that God is spirit (John 4vs 24) and it is only when He breathes the breath of life into a man that he (the man) can understand the scriptures (Luke 24 vs 45). Let God teach you His words Himself (John 6 vs 45) so that you can know that our Lord Jesus Christ always say He has come to do the will of His Father and not Himself. He even mentioned his Father in John 5vs 37 and John 6 vs 46. So please stop interpreting the Bible academically and be in spirit.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Kirigidi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Op. B very mindful nd careful of what u say about d faith so dat u do no mislead pipo! U hav just exposed ur ignorant of knwledge of truth of d Bible. I'm a Christian. I advice u go back nd study d word of God diligently, prayerfully nd spiritualy. Thru out d teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ no where did he claim he is Jehovah God Almigthy, neither did he equate himself wit Him (Jehovah). Rather, Jesus made it clear to us dat he is sent by d Father (Jehovah) dat d father is greater dan him Jesus, nd dat he Jesus was doin d work of d Father (Jehovah).
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Kirigidi(m): 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
@Op. B careful nd mindful of wat u say concernin d faith, so dat u do not mislead pipo! U hav just exposd ur ignorance of d knwledge of truth of d Bible. I'm a Christian. I advice u go study d word of God diligently, prayerfuly nd spiritualy to knw d truth. Thru out d teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ in d NewTestament nowhere did d Lord Jesus claimd to b Jehovah God Almighty, neither did he equate himself wit God Almighty (Jehovah).
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by chiedu7: 2:53am On Jan 25, 2016
Kirigidi:
@Op. B careful nd mindful of wat u say concernin d faith, so dat u do not mislead pipo! U hav just exposd ur ignorance of d knwledge of truth of d Bible. I'm a Christian. I advice u go study d word of God diligently, prayerfuly nd spiritualy to knw d truth. Thru out d teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ in d NewTestament nowhere did d Lord Jesus claimd to b Jehovah God Almighty, neither did he equate himself wit God Almighty (Jehovah).

Did you read the points I raised ?

Just in Rev 1:8 Jesus said He is almighty.
Notice it says "Soon Coming", who else is come Obama or Obj

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was,
and which is to come, the Almighty.

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by johnw74: 4:59am On Jan 25, 2016
[size=14pt]Is God ever seen?[/size]

by Matt Slick
Return to Christadelphianism Section

Christadelphianism is known theologically as dynamic monarchianism. It teaches there is a god but that god is a single person. In contrast to this, the Trinity is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. To a Christadelphian, if God ever appeared in the Old Testament period, it would have to be the Father. This is problematic for them for two reasons. First, the Father cannot be seen according to Scripture, and second, if God did appear, then it would have to be the Father, which they cannot accept. Nevertheless, the following study answers both those issues and leaves the Christadelphian, with a problem to solve.

In the Old Testament, God appeared many times to many people (Gen. 17:1, 18:1, Ex. 6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:20, Num. 12:6-8. Yet there are verses that say that you cannot see God (Exodus 33:20, John 1:18). It would seem that there is a contradiction, but there isn’t.

I will show you that there is no contradiction and that the theology that claims that God is one person is incorrect. This study is directed at the Christadelphians, but it would also be appropriate for the Jehovah’s Witnesses and The Way International.

The Bible clearly teaches that God was seen in the Old Testament. This fact is even mentioned in the New Testament. Acts 7:2 says, "The God of glory appeared to our Father Abraham. . . " Did God appear or didn’t He? Let’s take a look at God’s Word.

Exodus. 6:2-3, "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I did not make myself known to them."
Exo. 24:9-11, "Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they beheld God, and they ate and drank."
Exodus 33:11, "Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend . . . "
Num. 12:6-8, "He [God] said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; with him I speak mouth to mouth, even openly, and not in dark sayings, and he beholds the form of the LORD . . . "
Acts 7:2, "And he [Stephen] said, "Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran . . . "

Some will say that the appearances of God were nothing more than visions, dreams, or angels that represented God. This is definitely the case in some instances of the Old Testament, but it is not the case here. For example, is an angel God Almighty? Of course not. Yet God says in Exodus 6:2-3 that He appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty.

Are these visions or dreams? Not so with Moses. Consider Num. 12:6-8 where God says that He does not appear to Moses in a vision or dream. Rather, Moses beholds God’s very form.

Was God seen? Yes. Consider Exodus 24:9-11 where it says that 74 people "saw the God of Israel." It does not say a vision, a dream, a cloud, a flame, etc. It says that they saw God.

Cult groups generally teach that when God appeared in the Old Testament that it was a representative angel, a "manifestation" of God due to that angel possessing the "name" of God upon him. As God’s direct representative, the angel was considered to be God Himself--though not really God. This is nullified by Exodus 6:2-3 where God says that He appeared as God Almighty. This is a title only applied to God Himself.

Continued
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by johnw74: 5:01am On Jan 25, 2016
Continue

What then of the verses that say that God cannot be seen John 1:1 and Exodus 33:20?

John 1:18, "No one has seen God at anytime. The only begotten Son in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him." The context is important. John began his book with the words, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." In verse 14, he says, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. . ." The Word was obviously Jesus. The Word was with God. God, contextually, would be the Father. When it says in John 1:18 that no man has seen God, it is referring to the Father. This is supported by Jesus’ own words in John’s Gospel. Consider the following:

"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father," (John 6:46). Jesus declares that the Father has not been seen.

Exodus 33:20, "You cannot see My face, for no one can see Me and live." This verse is a bit more difficult. But a look at the following verses tells us that God allowed Moses to see His backside, not His face.

There are three other verses in the Bible worth examining here. They deal with the plurality of God, and they will help support the idea that there is more than one person in the Godhead and shed possible light on the verses of John 1:18 and Exodus 33:20. They are as follows.

Gen. 19:24, "Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens." The word, "LORD," in the Hebrew is the word, YHWH, from where we get God’s name, sometimes known as Jehovah. Look at the verse and you will see that there appears to be two Jehovah’s, that is, two LORD’s. Why is that?

Amos 4:10-11, "I sent among you a plague after the manner of Egypt; Your young men I killed with a sword, Along with your captive horses; I made the stench of your camps come up into your nostrils; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the LORD. 11"I overthrew [some] of you, As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand plucked from the burning; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the LORD."

Who is the one speaking in verse 10? The LORD, YHWH. But the LORD says in verse 11, "I overthrew some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. . ." The LORD is speaking, and He speaks about God overthrowing Sodom and Gomorrah. There seems to be a plurality, a more than oneness occurring here.

If you are a Trinitarian, there is no problem. God Almighty was seen in the Old Testament, only, it wasn’t the Father. It was Jesus. Jesus said in John 8:58, "Before Abraham was, I AM." He was quoting God speaking to Moses at the burning bush in Exodus 3:14. Jesus claimed to be the I AM, YHWH. In fact, YHWH means I AM.

Was God seen in the Old Testament? Yes. Was it the Father? No. The Christadelphian theology is wrong, for there is more than one person in the Godhead.

https://carm.org/religious-movements/christadelphianism/god-ever-seen
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by malvisguy212: 8:58am On Jan 25, 2016
atoleybaba:
Jesus has beginning oooo.....he was d first born creation that is y d bible refers to him as d first born son of God.... He was dre when God created d oda angels and d heavens and earth that is y God often said "let us" john chapter 1 said the word(jesus) was with God and d word was a god(not d capital letter G people often mistake it to be) do ur research on that bible portion for better understanding browse for bible scholars and interpretation of d bible from Hebrew to English (first hand)
are you a christian ? Jehovah witness ? Listen, the same passage say Jesus is the image of the invincible God, The word “image,”
meaning copy or likeness, expresses
Christ's deity. This word involves more
than a resemblance, more than a
representation. He is God. Now, what does it mean that Jesus is the image of the invincible God ? The answer is ; In the incarnation, the invisible God
became visible in Christ.

Now , when the bible say Jesus is the firstborn of ALL creation, do you know what that's mean ? In John 1:1 Jesus is the word of God . He is the FIRST word which proceeds out of the mouth of the tri-unity God, that is why He say I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.
Note, the. Verse say firstborn and NOT first created.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by malvisguy212: 9:00am On Jan 25, 2016
Kirigidi:
I can confidently say, you are not a christian.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Kirigidi(m): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2016
@Chiedu. Pls my frnd, go read d Book of Revelatn ova again for proper undastndin! D Bible made it very clear in REV.1:1. dat it was God Almighty (Jehovah) who gave d Revelatn to our Lord Jesus Christ to show us his servnts wat must soon take place. If Jesus in d Jehovah Almighty God, why did REV. 1:6. says Jesus had made us to b a kingdom nd priests to serve "his God nd Father (Jehovah)"?. D REV1:8. u quoted was referin to Jehovah God Almighty, nd not to our Lord Jesus. Dat passage specificaly mentiond "Lord God Almighty", nd thru out d Book of Revelatn Jesus was not calld "Lord God Almighty". Rather, Jesus was variously calld "Son of God" REV2:18, d "Lamb of God" REV5, d "Ruler of God's creation" REV3:14 etc. Even our Lord Jesus himself repeatedly used d phrases "my God", "my Father" in d Book (REV2:3, REV3:2, REV3:12). If Jesus was d Jehovah Lord God Almighty, who else again was he (Jesus) addressin as "my God", "my Father"? In John14:28 our Lord Jesus specificaly said d Father(Jehovah) is greater than him.

1 Like

Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Kirigidi(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
I can confidently say, you are not a christian.
Guy, no need for further arguments. D Bible is alwys there for us to study nd undastnd. It is all left for u to either choose d truth nd b free, or indulge in self-deceiptn/falsehood! I hav just a few questions for u! If our Lord Jesus Christ is d Jehovah God Almighty himself: (1) why did Jesus himself said d Father(Jehovah) is greater than him(Jesus), nd dat d Father sent him JOHN14:28? Ar u sayin Jesus lied against himself? God forbid! (2) why did ISAIAH42:1-10 calld Jesus d "Servant of God"? (3) who else did Jesus claimd as "his Father in heaven" in MATTW18:10 & 19 if he is Jehovah God himself? (4) who spoke afta Jesus' baptism sayin "Dis is my Son whom I love. In whom I am well pleased" MATTW3:16? (5) who did Jesus cried out to sayin, "My God! My God!! why hav u forsaken me" MATTW27:46? who did Jesus calld "Father, into ur hand I commit my spirit"LUKE23:46? (6) why did MARK1:1 referd to Jesus as d Son of God?
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by malvisguy212: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Kirigidi:
Brethren, there is no need fool unnecessary arguments for Bible is always there for us to study nd undastnd. It is all left for u to either choose d truth nd b free, or indulge in self-deceiptn/falsehood. Even d Bible warned against foolish arguments! I just hav few questions for u to answer. If our Lord is d same Jehovah God Almighty: (1) why did Jesus himself said d Father(Jehovah) is greater than him(Jesus), nd dat d Father sent him JOHN14:28? Ar u sayin Jesus lie against himself? God forbid! (2) why did Isaiah42:1-10 calld Jesus d "Servant of God"? (3) who was Jesus referin to as his Father in heaven in MATTHEW18:10 & 19?
if you don't understand the scripture, ask questions, don't pretend you know.

1. Yes, God the father is Greater than Jesus His son in the office, but in NATURE, they are EQUAL. Let me give you an example. Is the president Greater than you ? Yes! In office. But is the president BETTER than you in NATURE ? The Jews understand very well what Jesus is trying to say in John 5:18 "making himself equal with God" .

2. The rest of your questions show how canal minded you are, is a miracle you are still a christian, if you truly understand the bible you will not say such things. Now listen:
Philippians 2:5-8
"Your attitude should be the same as
that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in VERY NATURE OF GOD, DID NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY WITH GOD something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, TAKING THE VERY NATURE OF A SERVANT being made in human likeness.And being found in appearance as a man, HE HUMBLE HIMSELF and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!"

Do you still need explanation ? God is a spirit, can spirit die ? No, unless He take the nature of human, by taking it, Jesus has to give up His divine nature in other for Him to die for our sin.

3. You still have a lot to learn in the scripture. It was God the son who incarnate in Jesus, God the father is in heaven together with the Holy spirit. When the disciples ask Jesus to teach them how to pray , Jesus say "OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN" the father is in heaven and the son incarnate in flesh and dwell among us.

You need to spend more time with your bible. Thank you.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Kirigidi(m): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2016
@Malvisguy. U ar d one dat need to wake up frm ur ignorance of d word of God nd b mor spiritual, diligent nd prayerful in ur study nd undastndin of d Bible. Why changin ur stance on d issue raised by d Op ova night? Were u not d one supportin d claim made by Op sayin dat Jesus Christ is d Jehovah God Almighty even when d Bible made it clear dat Jesus Christ is d Son of Jehovah God Almighty (d Father)? Jehovah God is d Father of our Lord Jesus Christ sent by d Father to redeem mankinds(us) frm sins. Oh! Hav u now agreed dat Jesus is d Son of God d Father, nd not Jehovah God Almighty d Father himself, even though he (Jesus) nd d Father (Jehovah) ar one frm d beginnin? May God Almighty hav mercy on us nd forgive us wateva things we hav said wrongly, falsely or acted foolishly in d course of d arguments, nd may His anger never b upon us, nd may He forgive us evry sins committd in Jesus Christ's Supreme Name I hav prayed. Amen.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by malvisguy212: 6:50am On Jan 26, 2016
Kirigidi:
@Malvisguy. U ar d one dat need to wake up frm ur ignorance of d word of God nd b mor spiritual, diligent nd prayerful in ur study nd undastndin of d Bible. Why changin ur stance on d issue raised by d Op ova night? Were u not d one supportin d claim made by Op sayin dat Jesus Christ is d Jehovah God Almighty even when d Bible made it clear dat Jesus Christ is d Son of Jehovah God Almighty (d Father)? Jehovah God is d Father of our Lord Jesus Christ sent by d Father to redeem mankinds(us) frm sins. Oh! Hav u now agreed dat Jesus is d Son of God d Father, nd not Jehovah God Almighty d Father himself, even though he (Jesus) nd d Father (Jehovah) ar one frm d beginnin? May God Almighty hav mercy on us nd forgive us wateva things we hav said wrongly, falsely or acted foolishly in d course of d arguments, nd may His anger never b upon us, nd may He forgive us evry sins committd in Jesus Christ's Supreme Name I hav prayed. Amen.
are you a jehovah witness ?

What crime did Jesus commit before He was killed ? If Jesus was not God, then the Jews were right when they say He blaspheme the name of God

John 10:30-33
I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus
answered them, "I showed you many
good works from the Father; for which of
them are you stoning Me?" The Jews
answered Him, "For a good work we do
not stone You, but for blasphemy; and
because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

Obviously, the Jews did not think that
this claim of being one with the Father
referred to purpose. They knew that He
was claiming equality with God, which is
why they tried to stone Him. In addition,
Jesus said outright that He was Lord
and claimed to be the first and the
last, an obvious trait reserved for God
alone.

Among secular sources, the letter from
Pliny the Younger, governor of Pontus/
Bithynia from 111-113 A.D. to Emperor
Trajan stand out. In this letter, Pliny talks about the early Christian church, their worship of Christ, and how he
persecuted, tortured, and murdered
them:

"They asserted, however, that the
sum and substance of their fault or
error had been that they were
accustomed to meet on a fixed day
before dawn and sing responsively a
hymn to CHRIST AS TO A GOD, and to
bind themselves by oath, not to some
crime, but not to commit fraud, theft,
or adultery, not falsify their trust, nor
to refuse to return a trust when called
upon to do so."
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/pliny.html
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2016
Deuteronomy 2:32-34

Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, unto battle at Jahaz. And Jehovah our God delivered him up before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed every inhabited city, with the women and the little ones; we left none remaining

----

Why did your so called God Jesus pbuh need to kill the little ones, what's that all about
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Maamin(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2016
atoleybaba:
Jesus has beginning oooo.....he was d first born creation that is y d bible refers to him as d first born son of God.... He was dre when God created d oda angels and d heavens and earth that is y God often said "let us" john chapter 1 said the word(jesus) was with God and d word was a god(not d capital letter G people often mistake it to be) do ur research on that bible portion for better understanding browse for bible scholars and interpretation of d bible from Hebrew to English (first hand)

You are wrong! Going by your logic, can you provide us with a capital letter or small letter G in the Original Hebrew text?
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by atoleybaba(m): 9:38am On Jan 26, 2016
Maamin:

You are wrong! Going by your logic, can you provide us with a capital letter or small letter G in the Original Hebrew text?
yes I can. gimme ur whatsapp number
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by xcelentattitude(m): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2016
Jeromejnr:
Good! Its shows crystal clear that Jesus is and always has been God.

But some people with comprehension problems who need to go to school just love their twisted fables and lies.

Even a primary school student can understand the words in the bible.

English is not hard to understand. That's why the bible has been translated into English.
bro, sorry to disagree these things are divine meaning they are beyond our brain capacity and it take God to make us understand them. Thats why we need faith as a christians because our human nature has being customised to only believe what it sees and have assurance of, and i won,t blame anybody if they don't understand. YOU NEED FAITH TO PLEASE GOD. Shalom.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Flooerin(m): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2016
We talk back and forth concerning bible made simple. The truth is clear. Jehovah is Father, Logos is Son and both share the divine nature and purpose which is the ministry of reconciliation. The issue with Trinity is the understanding of the Holy Spirit. So many don't have the right concept about it. When you understanding the concept of the Holy Spirit, then you know the truth about trinity.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Maamin(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
atoleybaba:
yes I can. gimme ur whatsapp number

Provide it hear on NL.
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by atoleybaba(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
Maamin:

Provide it hear on NL.
Jw.org
Re: 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too by Maamin(m): 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
atoleybaba:
Jw.org

How does that answer my question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.