Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable (51387 Views)

Francis Mgboh, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Writes Orji Uzor Kalu For His Negotiation / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Weeps In Court After IPOB Leader Was Granted Bail. Photos / Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by pascalemmy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
archdaura:
finally KANU original lawyer don buy himself a brain and quit useless KANU case.
u call him useless because u lack such committed n valuable people in ur community.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by amdoyin82(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
mcee1:
Guy read before you talk biko
don't mind him, buhari na him enemy. Wen d op actually said KANU' s brother chased away the lawyer.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by Akaujaa(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
Chia! Igbo, do we really know what we want? Who invited Ejiofor to represent Kanu when Obetta is still there? Again, who wants Obetta out and why? You see what we are saying, I don't think Igbos if given Biafra, will survive for a long time as one because there's so much greed and hatred amongst them. How then will Kanu win this court case when his house is already divided against itself?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by wellmax(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
yahrant140:
I dnt support the idea of chasing away a lawyer. Its so bad for our democracy!

I bet you didn't read the post at all. You just saw headline and jump to make comments.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by tinsel: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
yahrant140:
Did you read the story?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by 3kay945(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Eʏaɦɦ,.... Wɛʟʟ, tɦɛʀɛ ɨs ɦօքɛ ʄօʀ ɦɨʍ . Maռɖɛʟa staʏɛɖ ʋɛʀʏ ʟօռɢ ɨռ ʝaɨʟ ɮɛʄօʀɛ ɮɛċօʍɨռɢ ɢʀɛat. sad

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by AmakaDNB(f): 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
I am Igbo and can categorically say that Igbos can sha be very greedy and self-centered.
I don't care, you can bash me all you want.
Why will the lawyer not come to court if not for failure to provide money.
KANU himself that was making noise up and down, will he honestly say he has the goodwill of the Igbos at heart.
Give him chance and he will do worse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by wristbangle: 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
yahrant140:
Squabbles over legal representation for Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), on Monday, stalled his trial for alleged treason at the federal high court, Abuja. Vincent Obetta, Kanu’s lawyer, who has represented him since the beginning of his trial at a lower court, was not in court, but another lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, who claimed that he had been hired to represent the IPOB leader, showed up.

A mild drama ensued as Kanu’s younger brother, Emmanuel asked Ejiofor to leave, impressing it on him that Obetta was the legitimate counsel of his brother. Ejiofor tarried a while, but left afterwards.

The case, however, did not come up, and Obetta told TheCable that the Kanu family was still trying to sort out issues regarding legal representation for Kanu, who has been in detention since October 14, 2015. On December 23, 2015, Kanu had refused to take his plea before Ahmed Mohammed, justice of the federal high court, Abuja, citing lack of confidence in the court.

This was after Adeniyi Ademola, another justice of the federal high court, Abuja, ordered the Department of State Services (DSS) to release him unconditionally, and after a chief magistrate court discharged and acquitted of charges of criminal intimidation and ownership of unlawful society. Meanwhile, Obetta has refuted reports that Kanu is ill, and that he is being tortured in custody. According to him, Kanu is in high spirits and healthy.

https://www.thecable.ng/kanus-brother-orders-lawyer-out-of-court

Shebi una see lie whey people spread about the ill health of kanu.

I knew that his ill health report is just a propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by porshuch: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Akaujaa:
Chia! Igbo, do we really know what we want? Who invited Ejiofor to represent Kanu when Obetta is still there? Again, who wants Obetta out and why? You see what we are saying, I don't think Igbos if given Biafra, will survive for a long time as one because there's so much greed and hatred amongst them. How then will Kanu win this court case when his house is already divided against itself?
Kanu's wife was the one that invited the so called Ejiofor, I saw her newspaper announcement of Sunday vanguard. Let me send it to you.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by porshuch: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
Akaujaa:
see the public notice. Check yesterday vanguard page 7.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by inthack: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=mcee1 post=42097382]Lmao... Confusion in enemy camp cheesy cheesy cheesy[/quo

Hahahahhahah, so funny
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
AJaylee:
I guess wen d Buhari ggovt is done wit kanu, kanu too will be a preacher jst like oJucKu
Yeah like Awo and his coward mother

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
AmakaDNB:
I am Igbo and can categorically say that Igbos can sha be very greedy and self-centered.
I have never seen that Igbo family where there is peace.
Even in mine.
KANU himself that was making noise up and down, will he honestly say he has the goodwill of the Igbos at heart.

Even the judge did not come so keep your familiy problem to yourself

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by laprince(m): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
emzila:

Some people are already crying, singing this is not good for our democracy as if it was Buhari that ordered the lawyer out of court. this IPod guys really have some issues to settle with the gods of their land because the way they reason this days shows they have more spiritual problem than we think.

Maybe the lawyer was threatened. And you know, if he is harmed, nothing will be done about his case.

Besides, does a court order mean anything to this government? If it doesn't, going to a court may also be fruitless too.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by AmakaDNB(f): 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Luciferlove:

Even the judge did not come so keep your familiy problem to yourself
Before!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by Rupeey(f): 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
yahrant140:
Squabbles over legal representation for Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), on Monday, stalled his trial for alleged treason at the federal high court, Abuja. Vincent Obetta, Kanu’s lawyer, who has represented him since the beginning of his trial at a lower court, was not in court, but another lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, who claimed that he had been hired to represent the IPOB leader, showed up.

A mild drama ensued as Kanu’s younger brother, Emmanuel asked Ejiofor to leave, impressing it on him that Obetta was the legitimate counsel of his brother. Ejiofor tarried a while, but left afterwards.

The case, however, did not come up, and Obetta told TheCable that the Kanu family was still trying to sort out issues regarding legal representation for Kanu, who has been in detention since October 14, 2015. On December 23, 2015, Kanu had refused to take his plea before Ahmed Mohammed, justice of the federal high court, Abuja, citing lack of confidence in the court.

This was after Adeniyi Ademola, another justice of the federal high court, Abuja, ordered the Department of State Services (DSS) to release him unconditionally, and after a chief magistrate court discharged and acquitted of charges of criminal intimidation and ownership of unlawful society. Meanwhile, Obetta has refuted reports that Kanu is ill, and that he is being tortured in custody. According to him, Kanu is in high spirits and healthy.

sad
yahrant140:

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by ehinmowo: 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
News Headline

Kanu guilty of treason and was hung on d wall

IPOB declared war and militancy in S.E

After 2yrs of Fighting, IPOB finally squashed by d milliary

Eastern Economy in Shambles, other states of d federation are sending relief materials

20 yrs later, Ndigbo behead d leader of a group dt planned to resuscitate Biafra.

60 yrs later, Nigeria Economy prospers in d hand of an Igbo president.

Kanu's family was Ostracized from Igbo land and anyone dt is rude to elder is referred to as Kanu d zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
yahrant140:
This kind of democracy is not practise anywhere in the world.

LOL, tell Obama to open the gates of Guantanamo Bay and free those Al Qaeda prisoners the American government having been caging for over 10 -15 years without trial - yeah that's a taste of modern democracy for you, especially when it borders on national security - I guess in your mind, Kanu wasn't threatening Nigeria's security.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by Sunsyno(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
Don't let me call you a name that might not suit you,you didn't see what happens in aba today right,you didn't hear what happens in U S court on 14,you didn't still see what happens in court today, Stop deceiving ur self by saying---------the case didn't comes up,just tell your followers dat that the judge rans away period (shame is not death). THE RISING SUN
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by BABANGBALI: 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
[b][/b]
yahrant140:
did you read the story at all or you want me to translate it for you in your dialect? Abeg and understand something before commenting,everything is not politics
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by ibedun: 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
pascalemmy:
with out igbo man Lagos will not b place to reside dud get dat.

Okay we don hear!! Yet millions of Igbo dey run commot for Igboland, you go think say evil spirit dey pursue them. Abeg shift and go and fool your fellow Igbo people.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by evanscheck(m): 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=Alikote post=42097036]this guy is still in the zoo oboy it seem kanu is now monkey in the zoo. other progressive ibos are conquering Abuja and lagos with properties and business this one is in the zoo eating banana[/quote

Not funny at all
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by famzynet: 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
Buhari should let KANU go to avert ongoing riots in the east. Aba is a no go area now as a result of the riot.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by PhockPhockMan: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
[s]
AmakaDNB:
I have never seen that Igbo family where there is peace.
[/s]
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable by ArodewilliamsT: 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
It will be resolved to the chagrin and dissapointment of the children of hate. DSS once tried choosing an abooki lawyer for Kanu, after sometime it was resolved. This too won't be different, kanu will speak to everyone in court and confirm his lawyer. This period will show him those who really mean well for the cause.
It is a test that IPOB will pass. The organization is bound by blood. That's why you take an oath and consider yourself already dead.

That convenant have made it impossible for kanu to sign the' one nigeria' daura papers and disown the struggle. Haters will keep running from pillar to post and disappointed in the long run. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Hosts APC Chieftains To A Lunch In His House (Pictures) / More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters / Buhari: Attack On NDA Can’t Dampen Morale Of Our Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.