Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way (27808 Views)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / He Said I Should Grease His Bed For A Job But I Politely Turned Him Down / How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Kangol99(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
Give the WAEC. Say the truth and they will give you the job and if not. That's okay. It's better not have d job now than sacked later when you should really be enjoying the benefits.

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Hollawaley(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
You'd be like F ck that shit
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by barry40: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
Just pray that this will not be an issue.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Akaujaa(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Why not try rushing to the court to obtain a strong worded affidavit indicating that WAEC wrongly entered your age in their certificate against what you have in your birth certificate.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by tellwisdom: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:

Are you saying I shouldn't even attempt to send the waec result now? I don't understand this villagers thing, are you saying villagers work in a bank or what you tryna say?

Yes, they do undecided
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by frenchboy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
U no sharp.u suppose don do age declaration for d age u wan..even for waec dem dey do am...go waec.they will change d age and print in for u shikena...

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by lekankolade(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
Just swear affidavit and attach it with the WAEC result....better still, if u still av lots of time to provide the result, I advice u go to the WAEC office with the result and affidavit and request for statement of result ( since u can't be issue ORIGINAL result twice) carrying ur new DOB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by PrinceAlex001(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
olabimp:
But waec makes mistakes sometimes in cert. Like in my own case, they added four years to my age in my certificate, its only the month that is correct, even d birthday is incorrect. And I av tried all means for them to rectify this, but it has not been rectified since 2002.
I am facing the same issue at the moment, but mine is just a year. What can i do?
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by emmadaji: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
In the banking industry they don't play with age I was once a
victim, u can't play smart on them.
Pray harder God will see you through.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by alchemist(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Thank me later.

Just scan the certificate, look for a good computer operator to help you photoshop the age and reprint on a concord paper.

It works like LION

Just give me 10% of salary every month

adedotman5:
I'm just an interview away from landing a banking job,the last interview is a formality cos the one I've passed is the main interview but I got an issue with my age, I stated on my cv that I'm two years younger than I am. Up till now, I have been using the online print out result for waec in everything I do, but after the last interview, the interviewer said they can't accept it so he told me to go and obtain the original. After much trouble, I obtained the result from my secondary school for 10k and the proprietor said he doesn't give out only waec, since I sat for neco in the school, I must collect both and neco cost 10k also.
Having gotten both, I decided it's better to present the neco result instead of the waec since it's got no age inscribed on it, also I'll be presenting my birth certificate so I just decided the neco is the better option so that my age doesn't contradict. But surprisingly, I was told they need the waec alone and not neco, remember if I present the waec, the age on it is different from the one on the birth certificate and they already have my birth certificate now. Please nairalanders I need your advise on this. Should I present the waec certificate and hope they don't discover, I'm really confused now

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by macminista(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
Tell them your forgot your age...u might as well be younger or older than Methuselah..Yeye dey smell#nigeriansallways#claiming#Sharpguyz#
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by greggng: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
eseh1:
jux swear an affidavits and send Dem the WAEC result and ur affidavits Dat it was a wrong date of birth that was imputed into the WAEC result....as long as u av a concrete birth certificate u might jux scale through.

The best advice for u. I only hope u follow it.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by viktor01(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
Banks be looking for vibrant youths to drain.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by fularm(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
Go to 5th floor in WAEC office yaba go with your birth certificate and tell them they made mistake in your DOB on your WAEC certificate. They will collect the original and issue you a letter which you will attach with the photocopy. It will fly if you are able to get this done. Best of luck bro
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Dim007(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
I had a problem like that before,just go to court and swear and affidavit stating that waec made a mistake on your certificate concerning ur date of birth,then attach the affidavit alongside the waec certificate and submit it.....final.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by maestroz: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:
I'm just an interview away from landing a banking job,the last interview is a formality cos the one I've passed is the main interview but I got an issue with my age, I stated on my cv that I'm two years younger than I am. Up till now, I have been using the online print out result for waec in everything I do, but after the last interview, the interviewer said they can't accept it so he told me to go and obtain the original. After much trouble, I obtained the result from my secondary school for 10k and the proprietor said he doesn't give out only waec, since I sat for neco in the school, I must collect both and neco cost 10k also.
Having gotten both, I decided it's better to present the neco result instead of the waec since it's got no age inscribed on it, also I'll be presenting my birth certificate so I just decided the neco is the better option so that my age doesn't contradict. But surprisingly, I was told they need the waec alone and not neco, remember if I present the waec, the age on it is different from the one on the birth certificate and they already have my birth certificate now. Please nairalanders I need your advise on this. Should I present the waec certificate and hope they don't discover, I'm really confused now

Guy, in this age and time that EFCC don gather 'lion like' teeth. when dem arrest you pere, you go form deaf and dumb o. you had better repent before it is too late. you no see say all our leaders dey form sick when EFCC beckons. even olisa Metuh suddenly turned santaclaus onto alleged crime. i sure say if alamayiesegha hear say EFCC dey kom motuary, the corpse go miss. you had better back out mek dem no spoil your career for crime fighter. try sort things out before you grab the job.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by viktor01(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
alchemist:
Thank me later.

Just scan the certificate, look for a good computer operator to help you photoshop the age and reprint on a concord paper.

It works like LION

Just give me 10% of salary every month

Bar man.! A chill bottle of fanta for this man pls.

BTW, You are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by bittertruth(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
eseh1:
jux swear an affidavits and send Dem the WAEC result and ur affidavits Dat it was a wrong date of birth that was imputed into the WAEC result....as long as u av a concrete birth certificate u might jux scale through.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by ALVA001: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:
look em in the eye and tell em its an error from waec wc u ve written to them to effect a change.
Immediately go to waec office and complain d same thng. Swear an affidavit chap chap. Bt wait o u said ur b/certfc8 is already wt dm, so wots d trouble. Any way if wot is on ur b/cert is still false, i guess u follow d steps above. Good day
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
You are better quit that lie. Submit your waec. If you don't get the job, life goes on
adedotman5:
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by olayinkajnr(m): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
Guys, first remove your profile pix.

Secondly, don't bother sending. Coz I felt you might be blacklisted from ever securing job in a bank or any other financial institution for falsification of DOB

Thirdly, if you insist on presenting your waec, you can and wait for the outcome. Either ways, the ball is in your court.

All the best
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by luluosas(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Personal text: Dont give up,A setback is a setup for a comeback.

Your personal text above should really be going for you. No need to panic but lie will ruin every decent effort of yours. Be truthful. Be plain. Be you always.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
I passed the exams, interviews and medical, but I stated I had my primary six leaving certificate which I didn't have because I skipped primary six to enter secondary school. Well even after Medical test. They showed me the exit...
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Toks2008(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:

All these made up stories except that pics is not yours and i dont even think it is cos that guy in the pics does not look like a potential banker except you have a crass dress sense.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by spesh007(f): 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
JUST GO TO COURT AND SWEAR AN AFFIDAVIT. END OF STORY
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by bibijay123(f): 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
Tell them there was a mistake in d waec birth date that u didn' want to lie hence u gave them ur real birth date...... All the best
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by freshyabstel: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
jeeqaa7:
ogbeni.... odee ni eh.

you dont look like a graduate
so most likely its a cleaners job in the BANK you are abt to land..

if its just the age.. get an affidavit.. except no be your picture dey the waec cert..

u strike me as being dull and arrogant , 2 attributes that renders one valueless in the coorporate world .

you would make a decent fish farmer.. #leavetrashforLAWMA.

wooh! u sound very harsh, naive, backward and ignorant not to know that banks dont even accept affidavit so stop blabbing ur mouth on issues u know nothing about.

However, I can be of help if u want to rectify ur age wahala. contact me if u re serious on, freshyabstel@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First City Monument Bank Plc Is Recruiting! / Sterling Bank Vs Uba / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.