Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way (27803 Views)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / He Said I Should Grease His Bed For A Job But I Politely Turned Him Down / How To Get A Banking Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by adelaface(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Have you ever board a bus knowing fully well that you've got no T-Fare? You are sitting at the back seat and the conductor is already collecting the money of other passengers...
Now on 3MB and conductor suddenly announces:
"Back seat, wey your money?"

That's what happen when you live on lies, you will never enjoy the trip (no be curse).

adedotman5:
I'm just an interview away from landing a banking job,the last interview is a formality cos the one I've passed is the main interview but I got an issue with my age, I stated on my cv that I'm two years younger than I am. Up till now, I have been using the online print out result for waec in everything I do, but after the last interview, the interviewer said they can't accept it so he told me to go and obtain the original. After much trouble, I obtained the result from my secondary school for 10k and the proprietor said he doesn't give out only waec, since I sat for neco in the school, I must collect both and neco cost 10k also.
Having gotten both, I decided it's better to present the neco result instead of the waec since it's got no age inscribed on it, also I'll be presenting my birth certificate so I just decided the neco is the better option so that my age doesn't contradict. But surprisingly, I was told they need the waec alone and not neco, remember if I present the waec, the age on it is different from the one on the birth certificate and they already have my birth certificate now. Please nairalanders I need your advise on this. Should I present the waec certificate and hope they don't discover, I'm really confused now
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Akinloye1095: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
My bro..scan that your WAEC result and you will use corel draw to edit the date of birth, they can never collect your original waec result from you, they will only ask for photocopy and if they ask you why you give them photocopy, tell they all your credential are already scanned on ur computer.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by luluosas(m): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
Though hand joined in hand, the wicked shall not go unpunished. Repent of this wicked advice you are given.
alchemist:
Thank me later.

Just scan the certificate, look for a good computer operator to help you photoshop the age and reprint on a concord paper.

It works like LION

Just give me 10% of salary every month

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by mildflame: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:
I'm just an interview away from landing a banking job,the last interview is a formality cos the one I've passed is the main interview but I got an issue with my age, I stated on my cv that I'm two years younger than I am. Up till now, I have been using the online print out result for waec in everything I do, but after the last interview, the interviewer said they can't accept it so he told me to go and obtain the original. After much trouble, I obtained the result from my secondary school for 10k and the proprietor said he doesn't give out only waec, since I sat for neco in the school, I must collect both and neco cost 10k also.
Having gotten both, I decided it's better to present the neco result instead of the waec since it's got no age inscribed on it, also I'll be presenting my birth certificate so I just decided the neco is the better option so that my age doesn't contradict. But surprisingly, I was told they need the waec alone and not neco, remember if I present the waec, the age on it is different from the one on the birth certificate and they already have my birth certificate now. Please nairalanders I need your advise on this. Should I present the waec certificate and hope they don't discover, I'm really confused now

Sooner or later it will catch up with U n with PMB, KIRIKIRI PRISON is just around d corner. Say d truth n shame d ...

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by einsteino(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:

your propreitor na thief sha. I didn't even spend up to 1k on my waec certificate.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by 9japrof(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
I don't have a solution to your current predicament, but an advice to all who love falsification of documents.

Honestly it pays to be honest in all ramifications, I had a colleague who loved using different ages for different job interviews, had different forged certificates and the rest of em, honestly he was feeling on top of the world, feeling king Kong, till it came hitting him hard, so hard that after working for some months in a reputable firm, they did a background check on him without his knowledge. They found the truth about him and also got to know of his shady dealings in the past. He had already collected some benefits from the Firm, he was made to return all when they sacked him and it was just Gods intervention, the firm planned taking him to court to press charges and getting him imprisoned.

We should try and show honesty, most past government officials are in trouble cos they thought that their shady dealings would continue unabated, but the truth is that just the embarrassment is more than what they bargained for not to talk about the court persecution that would follow.

Dude unwind and follow the path of honesty.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Kenchukky(m): 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
The date on your CV is it the same with the one on the birth certificate? If yes you can tell them the error was made by the school when they were registering you for the WAEC exam. Birth certificate or sworn affidavit is the recognized means of age verification in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by jgbemson1: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
Bro call me on dis no 07066661158 there is a way out on this...I will b expecting ur call or Whatsapp me
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
I see you bro!
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Duru009(m): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
Its a very simple thing....

Go to court and make an age declaration certificate with your new age.....

Waec always make mistake on people's age.Tell them its a mistake. Your affadivait of age declaration will cover it up.

My brother has been using his age declaration certificate for years for work.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by alchemist(m): 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
I know say u no finish school with the GUN you have shooted in me

luluosas:
Though hand joined in hand, the wicked shall not go unpunished. Repent of this wicked advice you are given.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by blazetitov: 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
jeeqaa7:
ogbeni.... odee ni eh.

you dont look like a graduate
so most likely its a cleaners job in the BANK you are abt to land..

if its just the age.. get an affidavit.. except no be your picture dey the waec cert..

u strike me as being dull and arrogant , 2 attributes that renders one valueless in the coorporate world .

you would make a decent fish farmer.. #leavetrashforLAWMA.

Did op snatched your girlfriend? kilode!!!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by ariesbull: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:

Oga when you get the job we will know but as of now pls lets hear how dasuki is faring

We all falsify our ages

Sa save this story ....what makes you 100% sure of the job....in life you can't be 100% sure

Good luck
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by jamesyria: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
If you are sure you have gotten the original copy from waec, you don't have to panic. I can assist you. Contact me on jamesyria@gmail.com.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by PresVA: 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
kowema:
That's an integrity issue already , especially for banks who don't joke with issues like that..If its Access Bank , I'd say don't even bother cus they don't play..

Villagers at work already
adedotman5:

Are you saying I shouldn't even attempt to send the waec result now? I don't understand this villagers thing, are you saying villagers work in a bank or what you tryna say?
@ bolded, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry grin

Op, forget about the job cos banks are so serious about age issues.. the main reason for the waec is to check your age. .
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by eyinjuege: 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
Sorry to say this, but banks know and have seen cases like yours and will still continue to see such cases.

Unfortunately, no one wants to keep money with an employee that tells porkies, and also goes ahead to falsify documents such as birth certificates.

I as a customer wouldn't trust my money into the hands of such a bank.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by ochobaba(m): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:

Ma brother if buhari certificate can get missing how much less urs
Tell them urs is missing I hope they will understand in case they don't wave them bye bye
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by 6fit(f): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
AccaPack:
There is no way u can escape presenting your Waec certificate. The main reason for asking for Waec certificate is to compare it with your birth certificate. If u present affidavit, they won't even believe it , to them, the age on your Waec certificate is your real age.

Bro, u funny o, so u wanted to create this type of thread and u couldn't remove your pix or create alternate moniker. Don't you know that employers run online checks on prospective employees these days?
I just hope u haven't lost the opportunity already.
so what has age gat to do with human productivity? All these banks are clueless in dat regards....dat y i dont do banks
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by 9jatatafo(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
OTONDO join MUMU
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by 9jatatafo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
6fit:

so what has age gat to do with human productivity? All these banks are clueless in dat regards....dat y i dont do banks

It's not about productivity but longevity in the job and sincerity
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by AccaPack(m): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
6fit:

I really don't know what the reason is, but that's what they all do. Not everyone wants banks, it's because of the economy situation.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Antina(f): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
Go and do affidavit to support the age u used. and make sure u backdate the affidavit too.May God help u.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by queencalipso(f): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
olabimp:
But waec makes mistakes sometimes in cert. Like in my own case, they added four years to my age in my certificate, its only the month that is correct, even d birthday is incorrect. And I av tried all means for them to rectify this, but it has not been rectified since 2002.
that's the same issue I was facing but immediately I collected mine I got to whom it may concern letter from my school principal stating it was a mistake and when I went to waec to correct it I was asked to go swear an affidavit in court am even contemplating writing another waec because I hate controversies.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by jeeqaa7(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
i would soon use you for sacrifice
anumanu

freshyabstel:

wooh! u sound very harsh, naive, backward and ignorant not to know that banks dont even accept affidavit so stop blabbing ur mouth on issues u know nothing about.

However, I can be of help if u want to rectify ur age wahala. contact me if u re serious on, freshyabstel@gmail.com
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Certifiedboss: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
adedotman5:

Go to court and get a document to back it up
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by springer: 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is a very simple matter

@op don't give them the waec result

Goto the nearest police station and inform them you just misplaced your waec certificate, get police extract for just 1k , then move to the nearest court and swear an affidavit stating that you misplaced your certificate.

Note: do not back date the court affidavit to any date before the last interview you attended else you would loose the job, kindly back date it to any date after and if they ask you just tell them you misplaced it inside the bus.

Thank me later BUT MAKE SURE YOU VILLAGE PEOPLE ARE NOT FOLLOWING YOU TO THE VENUE OF THE COMING INTERVIEW ELSE THIS TRICK WILL NOT WORK

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Gkemz: 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
They'll definitely discover the bitter truth. That's the reason why they specifically asked for waec instead of neco having known that neco bears no date of birth. If it is about any other job, you may be pardoned but not for bank job because they can't guarantee ur integrity and trust having put you to test...
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by ramalot(m): 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
WHY ARE NIGERIANS SO DAMN FRAUDULENT? angry

With the question and responses on this thread, I wonder why Nigerians complain about the world seeing them as fraudsters. undecided

Mr. OP, you're a liar and your actions will catch up with you. There is nothing more valuable than integrity.

From your current actions, there is no guarantee that when hired in a bank, you won't also falsify and divert monetary figures.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by ckmayoca: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Go declare the cert missing and back it up with affidavit. If they don't take that then they don't wanna give u the job.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by ckmayoca: 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
I have seen ppl with mistakes on thier certificate, age and even typo error on the name so what's the big deal? U sef don too drag am and making it look suspicious.
Anyone shouting integrity shld know the employers cause this, a lot finished sch at the age of 28 upward so will they cos of that not apply for works? FG shld look into this thing too. Another na 5yrs experience and not more than 30yrs.
Re: I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
Shows your lack of faith. Why don't you come out in truth, tell them your real age and leave the rest for God. Bank job is not the best job in the world Is He not able to give you much more better job. What will it profit a man who gain the whole world and loose his own soul.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First City Monument Bank Plc Is Recruiting! / Sterling Bank Vs Uba / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.