Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1359343 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
Most likely training will commence February 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Why can't graduates be at par with them? Their five years on analysis is that they spend 4 years on pure academics Nd 1 year on military training. So what's the difference with those who spent 4 years or more in regular universities and come to spend 9 months on pure military training?

There's a huge difference.

RC boys start serving jobs at year one.

As a RC cadets, your first 3months in NDA you won't know the road that leads to your class. You will be serving jobs. Does that happens in your civil University?

The Army RC boys start going to bush camp from year one to final year while Air Force and Navy stop bush camping in year two.

In your civil University,
do you serve jobs?
Do you attend bush camp?
In your civil institutions you have one month plus for vacation per semester. While NDA vacation is only two weeks.

Training in NDA for RC Army from year one to year four is MILITARY 40% ACADEMICS 60%.
Then year five is MILITARY 100%.

There's a difference ok.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
MrSuama:
Don't get me wrong, all am saying is that the system is not fair.
We graduates ought not to be in the shadows of some officers called Regulars.

I hope someday the DSSC/SSC will metamophose into something like the U.S Marines. Yes the same Marines that tracked and brought down Osama Bin Laden.

Upon all the bragging by the Regular Combatants, the untrained Boko Haram insurgents are still giving them headache.
#Thesystemisnotfairtograduates.

Why shouldn't you be in their shadows? Do you know what those boys go through since their first day of assumption in the Academy?

Which regular Officer brags? Don't say what you don't know. If there's any personnel that brags that should be recruits not cadets.

Who told you that boko haram are untrained?
Are you aware that some bk boys are being trained outside the country.?

Are you aware that each bk boy is well armed unlike NA soldier who hardly gets equipments for war?

Have you being to the NE the heart of the war to see the weapons our soldiers are using and that of bk boys?

Speak don't come online to say what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:01am On Oct 22, 2018
kadreeG7:
can someone with 3rd class hons apply for SSC?

Visit www.nigerianarmyms.ng and click on the requirements under SSC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:04am On Oct 22, 2018
teametwin:

I am also in the same shoe here, pop is for December and I wish to apply although I intend to leave that part empty or I upload the nysc certificate format that was given to us in camp and if by the grace of God I got shortlisted I will he able to present the original certificate. Which will you advice that I go for?
Thank you

I answered this question before. Go and read the instructions on the site.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:05am On Oct 22, 2018
swaggabrown:
please i need an urgent clarification. i am already 27 years and my course is not listed in the DSSC for Army, Air force and Navy. i intend to apply for the Army SSC. I wont still be 28 by January 2019. i dont know if i am still in order to apply like that?

Visit www.nigerianarmyms.ng and click on the requirements under SSC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:06am On Oct 22, 2018
luckyjacob:
Can someone already 30apply for Dssc education

Visit www.nigerianarmyms.ng and click on the requirements under DSSC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2018
ugo4u:

What about some courses(Physics, Mathematic etc) that don't have any regulatory body.

No
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:08am On Oct 22, 2018
luckyjacob:
Can someone with 2.1 mathematics but 30 yrs and currently doing pgdebut on projects apply for education

Visit www.nigerianarmyms.ng and click on the requirements under education
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:10am On Oct 22, 2018
donplus1:
GenAnsahCinC, please kindly help me with the corps I'm best fit for.. I hold Bsc Environmental science and National Diploma environmental health but what is advertised is Environmental health worker (this is asking for someone to be registered and I'm not ) ..
I'm confused abeg help ur boy with the right information..
lastly sir, will Health and safety professional certificate be considered in case I'm opting for environmental health worker? cos I get that one (HSE 1,2$3)
Apply
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2018
walexy06:
Assuming after applying to DSSC one realizes SSC is best for him, can he reapply to SSC using diff mail and change few things abt BIO? with the intention to forgo DSSC initial application though

Why will one apply for DSSC and later realizes that SSC is best for him if that person wasn't in a hurry to apply?

I posted here earlier that no one should be in a rush to apply. Read instructions carefully then choose the one that best fits you.

Those who applied early or would apply early have no advantage over the ones who will apply late.

If you have already applied for DSSC and wants to change to SSC,

1. Let the face of the person on the SSC passport be different from the face of the person on the DSSC passport.

2. Let the degree certificate that was used to apply for DSSC be different from that of SSC. If you were using BSc to apply DSSC, use HND to apply SSC.

3. Let the name used to apply for DSSC be different from the name used to apply for SSC.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 1:12am On Oct 22, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Why shouldn't you be in their shadows? Do you know what those boys go through since their first day of assumption in the Academy?

Which regular Officer brags? Don't say what you don't know. If there's any personnel that brags that should be recruits not cadets.

Who told you that boko haram are untrained?
Are you aware that some bk boys are being trained outside the country.?

Are you aware that each bk boy is well armed unlike NA soldier who hardly gets equipments for war?

Have you being to the NE the heart of the war to see the weapons our soldiers are using and that of bk boys?

Speak don't come online to say what you don't know.

Do recruits spend five years at the deport Zaria to get trained? I guess NO.
Recruits spend 9months SSC also spend 9months. So I strongly believe if a recruit can be deamed worthy to be called a soldier then Short Service Combatant should also be deamed worthy an officer. (Lt Gen. Ishaya Rizi Bamaiyi wasn't a regular but given the opportunity he performed exceptionally well.)

About bragging, I know what am saying sir. I attended NDA interview in 2012 and I saw how Terma 5 cadets were molesting SSC cadets at the dinning talk more of the name calling. It's just like the dichotomy between degree and HND holders, thank God the matter had been laid to rest. So we are hoping that the dichotomy between Regular and Short Service be resolved soon.

SSC disengagement should be based on inability to pass exams or perform duty and not otherwise.

Accepted Regulars are more physically trained but I doubt if they can also withstand the intellectual training we underwent in our various institutions.

And finally, NDA RSM as at 2012 shared an experience of how a fresh 2nd Lt from NDA on peace keeping mission started shivering when he heard the gun shots of rebels and ran out from his hiding place almost exposing other soldiers. And I ask you, after all the NDA training?

Am not here to argue or win an argument, all am proposing is fair treatment of officers irrespective of mode of entry.

I wish everyone a successful application.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 1:39am On Oct 22, 2018
MrSuama:

Do recruits spend five years at the deport Zaria to get trained? I guess NO.
Recruits spend 9months SSC also spend 9months. So I strongly believe if a recruit can be deamed worthy to be called a soldier then Short Service Combatant should also be deamed worthy an officer. (Lt Gen. Ishaya Rizi Bamaiyi wasn't a regular but given the opportunity he performed exceptionally well.)

About bragging, I know what am saying sir. I attended NDA interview in 2012 and I saw how Terma 5 cadets were molesting SSC cadets at the dinning talk more of the name calling. It's just like the dichotomy between degree and HND holders, thank God the matter had been laid to rest. So we are hoping that the dichotomy between Regular and Short Service be resolved soon.

SSC disengagement should be based on inability to pass exams or perform duty and not otherwise.

Accepted Regulars are more physically trained but I doubt if they can also withstand the intellectual training we underwent in our various institutions.

And finally, NDA RSM as at 2012 shared an experience of how a fresh 2nd Lt from NDA on peace keeping mission started shivering when he heard the gun shots of rebels and ran out from his hiding place almost exposing other soldiers. And I ask you, after all the NDA training?

Am not here to argue or win an argument, all am proposing is fair treatment of officers irrespective of mode of entry.

I wish everyone a successful application.

Your first question is, if recruit spending 9months is worthy to be called soldier, why shouldn't a SSC spending 9months also worthy to the called an officer.

I want to ask, are SSC guys not addressed as officers? If they are, then it means that they are worhty an officer that's why they are been addressed as officers.

Concerning the bragging I thought you meant bragging about war.

It's a normal thing (a tradition) for RC to bad mouth SSC. When you get there even your instructor will let you know that RC guys are your boss.

Concerning Lt Gen Ishaya given the opportunity.

Who told you that SSC guys are not given opportunities?

Are you aware that SSC guys are GOCs?

The thing is, once you are qualified for a certain thing you will be given..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Babatundeh26: 6:03am On Oct 22, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Why can't graduates be at par with them? Their five years on analysis is that they spend 4 years on pure academics Nd 1 year on military training. So what's the difference with those who spent 4 years or more in regular universities and come to spend 9 months on pure military training?
I don't believe we are even discussing this issue. Simply put, you don't learn what is taught at NDA for 5years no matter how long you spend at other universities.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 6:47am On Oct 22, 2018
Babatundeh26:
I don't believe we are even discussing this issue. Simply put, you don't learn what is taught at NDA for 5years no matter how long you spend at other universities.

War is not about "learning". Some are good at it, natural geniuses of war, regardless of their training. Napoleon was a "RC", Wellington was a "SSC" both of them ended up as superlative officers because one is not trained to win wars. You either can or you cannot.

So forget all this talk of suffering, officers from all classes will get the chance to strut their stuff, for the sake of the nation, the best should be the one advanced.

For the record, I'm not insulting anyone, I assume we're just airing opinions here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Gentlelord(m): 7:06am On Oct 22, 2018
MrSuama:

#Passport photograph #Degree/ HND Certificate #Birth Certificate #Indegene Certificate #NYSC Certificate #Regulatory or Additional qualification Certificates
To be on the safe side go with all your Certificates.
thanks brother
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2018
lets open a thrend for nda 2018/2019
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nora2018(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2018
Please my future arty men help me out, for Nigerian army finance Corp we are required to be registered with the following professional bodies ICAN ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA. Registration here is it the same as membership, cos ICAN takes like 3diets before you become chartered. Am puzzled �.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2018
nora2018:
Please my future arty men help me out, for Nigerian army finance Corp we are required to be registered with the following professional bodies ICAN ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA. Registration here is it the same as membership, cos ICAN takes like 3diets before you become chartered. Am puzzled �.

Registration with any of the following Professional Accountancy qualification is compulsory: ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA.

They are simply asking for certification and not registration !!!
Can you be a member of the above body (s) without being certified by them ?? My guess is nope ...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rangis0: 9:07am On Oct 22, 2018
I really dont think this argument about RC and SSC is necessary. Thing is RC owns the army,,as an applicant of SSC or DSSC dont go in with the mindset that you are inferior. Dont defeat yourself mentally before you even get to serve. It can be tough atimes but just put in your best wherever you find yourself!!
## Stay positive!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2018
nora2018:

Let me tell you a little thing about Nigerian military (Army in particular).

90% of things in the army need a godfather.

To get enlisted you need godfather. Very few get it by merit. And before you get it by merit you must be 100% qualified.

To get promotions in some cases, you need godfather (especially if you are RC or SSC) regardless whether you have passed the promotional exams or not. There will get to a point where your promotion will depend on godfather and not exams.

To get certain appointments you need godfather. There are many SSC who get good appointments than RC guys. Everything boils down to who you know in the system.

To be picked for missions and courses in foreign countries (in most cases) you need godfather.

To get service extension you need godfather.

There are officers who get retired once the reach the age limit for their ranks and their colleagues with the same age don't get retired. This is because the latter have godfather.

That professional certification you are being required to possessed only applies to applicants without strong networks.

If you have a strong network I urge you to apply. Whether you have ICAN or not you will be picked.

There are many people in the system who didn't meet the requirements but they are there.

I know three RC officers whose WAEC certificates were older than the required year as the time the apply for NDA and the were picked.
Two of them are Lt now. While one will be passing out next year.

The reason I told you earlier to go for NN or NAF was because those branches of service are a bit fair in their dealings compare to Army.

But if you have the big shot, apply for Army.
With or without being a member of any professional bodies you will be picked..

There are many things I'd like to tell you about the military but for some reasons I won't.

Just try your best.

I wish you success.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

To get enlisted you need godfather. Very few get it by merit. And before you get it by merit you must be 100% qualified.

To get promotions in some cases, you need godfather (especially if you are RC or SSC) regardless whether you have passed the promotional exams or not. There will get to a point where your promotion will depend on godfather and not exams.

To get certain appointments you need godfather. There are many SSC who get good appointments than RC guys. Everything boils down to who you know in the system.

To be picked for missions and courses in foreign countries (in most cases) you need godfather.

There are officers who get retired once the reach the age limit for their ranks and their colleagues with the same age don't get retired. This is because the latter have godfather.

That professional certification you are being required to possessed only applies to applicants without strong networks.

If you have a strong network I urge you to apply. Whether you have ICAN or not you will be picked.

There are many people in the system who didn't meet the requirements but they are there.

I know three RC officers whose WAEC certificates were older than the required year as the time the apply for NDA and the were picked.

The reason I told you earlier to go for NN or NAF was because those branches of service are a bit fair in their dealings compare to Army.

There are many things I'd like to tell you about the military but for some reasons I won't.

Just try your best.

I wish you success.
now this is the truth of the matter godfather

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2018
but between dssc and dssc which is better?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nora2018(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Just try your best.

I wish you success.
God bless you sir
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by zeeace(m): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2018
please guys help me I'm kind of confuse. i will be done with nysc next year june. can i still apply?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 11:27am On Oct 22, 2018
GenAnsahCinC
Please what should we expect for the aptitude test? I mean things we should read on. In addition to current affairs, will we be tested on the Army only or it will include the Navy and Airforce
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2018
zeeace:
please guys help me I'm kind of confuse. i will be done with nysc next year june. can i still apply?
Dem talk say if you get godfather
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2018
GeneralFeezy:
GenAnsahCinC
Please what should we expect for the aptitude test? I mean things we should read on. In addition to current affairs, will we be tested on the Army only or it will include the Navy and Airforce

Make sure you know

1. Ranks in the Nigerian Army.

2. Names of service chiefs and their ranks and date they were appointed.

3. Names of ministers and the miniseries the head.

4. Dates of important events in and outside Nigerian.

5. A comprehensive essay on "why you want to join the army"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2018
GeneralFeezy:
GenAnsahCinC
I believe alot of unnecessary questions can be avoided if we take our time to read the thread from the begining or atleast from page 70 upwards. Alot of questions here have being answered. We can't keep moving in circles.

For your question there is nothing like exams in Army or Airforce enlistment till you've being called for interview. So pray your name is picked first(which is done randomly).
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2018
zeeace:

By next year Jun cadets will be counting days to their pop..

Some1 told me without uploading all the required documents on the portal you can't complete the application.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by beeyourduhn(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2018
Check out the opportunities for Young professionals in HR
For more information, visit http://tlt.mn/hrref
Application closes on 24th of October.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.