Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1366897 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
hausadreturn:
You know I thought, that the guy who talked about reading from the beginning to the end was right. I decided before I saw his comment, to read from 160 downwards and I can tell that there'll be so much info. to get if I move a little backward...
But as I kept reading, the thread kept moving, not till I saw the argument about someone wanting another to apologize because he felt offended. Now the thread no come dey move again...

Anyone who's been on nairaland long enough, should know, and should come to terms with the fact that it's not too deep.

Can we just, for the sake of vital information, move on so that everyone can benefit?

Thanks

CC: GeneralFeezy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
Integrator1:

Oga well-done Sir , no just dey waka pass na ...

Information is the key, that's what is needed right now .

After the first selection , what are the things that happened in camp ?

Do they do physical training like press-up , push up , jumping of fence , et all.

For vetting , was there anyone disqualified for not having professional qualification ?

After the medicals , facing the board , based on your experience what question should one prepared for ?

And so on .

Your experience will come handy Sir.
Physical training yes including obstacle.
expect questions relating to your discipline during board interview. some of us were asked to recite the national pledge and anthem

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2018
mangojuice:

Physical training yes including obstacle.
expect questions relating to your discipline during board interview. some of us were asked to recite the national pledge and anthem

Grateful Sir .
This is what we are talking about ..

Were you enlisted through SSC/DSSC ?

The professional qualification ?

Was the physical training after the 3.2 km race ?
18/16 minutes for first cage ?
How many push-up and sit-up?

Were you guys allowed in a day before the interview started ??

Hope the medicals won't be immediately after arrival cos Airforce did this last year and it affected lot of guys.

Please , if you don't mind I'd be asking questions pertaining to this enlistment as it comes to mind.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2018
mangojuice:
Course 45 lucky guys. Patience is the key to success. Abeg make una no dash from academy o.
PROUDLY COURSE 44 wink
welcome sir is nice to have you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sunnysteve009(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

There's aptitude test for Army.

That test is done during screening.

I noticed a lot of people here are very lazy to visit the portal.

Most questions asked here, their answers are already at the Army application site.

pls sir, I will be 30years old by August 2019

my course is listed under dssc which i intend to apply under dssc

but my only fear is that I will be 30years old by august 2019.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
Nothing fear me pass recite national anthem. I prefer to mentally solve problems relating to complex analysis/quantum physics than reciting the national anthem/pledge. Wanna know why? nothing they kee! person pass over familiarity, and most of us learnt the national anthem in a rythmic way, to pronounce the actual wordings na war. That's why it is highly recommended that prospective candidates make conscious effort to learn the national anthem stanza 1 and 2 word by word because nothing fall hands pass that thing, you fit carry for mind say them go bombard you with wetin you study until you reach there them dis-stabilize you with this question "Recite the national anthem".
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
Sunnysteve009:

Instruction is quite clear. Be not more than 30years by January 2019, moreover what have you got to lose in trying? All die na die, since you can't go for SSC give your only chance a shot.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
Please must the referee(LG chairman/military personnel)that will sign the attestation form be the same person to sign the reference form(the form with provision to fix passport)?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
mangojuice:
Course 45 lucky guys. Patience is the key to success. Abeg make una no dash from academy o.
PROUDLY COURSE 44
welcome, can we shed more light on medicals.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Eliusdgenie(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mafialeader:
seconded...

we need to know more about the medical
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kelebe007: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
Kalapizim:
It will be fun you know smiley smiley

Form is free thou cheesy

If you like wrap it with gold with free delivery. We no collect.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mafialeader:
Go ahead. Ask questions
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Sunnysteve009:

Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years, while medical consultants be not more than 40 years of age by January 2019.

If you will be 30 in August, 2019, it means in January 2019 you will be 29 years 5 months, so what's there to be afraid of?

The age cap is 30 years by January 2019, by that same January 2019, you would be 29 years 5 months, you are good to go. All the best. I pray we meet in jaji.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 12:01am On Oct 26, 2018
Seriously guyz when u are trying to correct an attitude from someone u don't join in doing the same thing u are accusing that person of doing. Gen his trying his best although anger set in but yet if u are trying to learn u should have approached from a better angle all the same am saying sorry to all the parties involve. Army board interview is fun and tedious I must say but mind u have nver been there so I heard all we need to do is to prepare our minds, our body, our brain and pray to God for favour from the first shortlisting. Ppl like myself are die hard army wannabe but love observing from the shadows and I pray we shall me at the finish line. Victory is from God alone

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2018
Mango pls if u can pls highlight in summary how interview is gonna b let everyone here have a glimpse of what to expect and how to prepare for the coming dayz
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 26, 2018
am at air force base yenagoa why is there no sign of road safety officers for the interview plz help
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kalapizim(m): 6:46am On Oct 26, 2018
Perfectdanny:
am at air force base yenagoa why is there no sign of road safety officers for the interview plz help
Are we frsc officials?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 9:01am On Oct 26, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:
For those of u who do not meet up the requirements and wish to apply, there is a letter u are to go to the screening with. This letter should be written by the person who is backing you.

When u go for credential screening, u are to present the letter along side with ur credentials. The officer who is screening ur credential knows what to do once he or she sees the letter.

Also, when you arrived at the venue, before the screening starts, get the name and rank of the NASB chairman and text it to the person backing you.

I wish you all the best.
Hello sir am a graduate of chemical engineering and 25 year old... My question is that my course is not listed in engineering Corp but can be selected from the courses option in engineering corp for dssc and for ssc dey say ur degree should be from social science, humanities and science courses ,,pls advice Me on what I should apply for... Pls I need ur response urgently
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2018
enesi009:
Hello sir am a graduate of chemical engineering and 25 year old... My question is that my course is not listed in engineering Corp but can be selected from the courses option in engineering corp for dssc and for ssc dey say ur degree should be from social science, humanities and science courses ,,pls advice Me on what I should apply for... Pls I need ur response urgently
Read the instructions for both services carefully. Go for SSC that is the best for you, since your course of study doesn't matter. Your course is not in DSSC and yet you want to apply under DSSC despite being within the age bracket for SSC, you ma think am na.Even if your course is listed your best shot is still the SSC because you have age on ur side and I bet you've not gotten professional certification in ur field with respect to DSSC. I still insist applicants should take time to read this thread from the beginning or if it is too hard then carefully read out the criteria for both SSC and DSSC which is clearly spelt out on Army's website.
some folks have pissed General off so don't expect any response from him.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:
For those of u who do not meet up the requirements and wish to apply, there is a letter u are to go to the screening with. This letter should be written by the person who is backing you.

When u go for credential screening, u are to present the letter along side with ur credentials. The officer who is screening ur credential knows what to do once he or she sees the letter.

Also, when you arrived at the venue, before the screening starts, get the name and rank of the NASB chairman and text it to the person backing you.

I wish you all the best.
hello sir I have another question for u sir my younger brother is a serving Coper due to pass out on March 2019...and e wish to apply for dssc too but one of d criteria is Nysc discharge certificate which e Don have now,, so should e go ahead and upload is Nysc posting letter ireplacement for d discharge certificate hoping dat b4 e is shortlisted for interview e might have passed out from Nysc and present d original certifate to d NASB during selection and interview pls e needs ur advice sir
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by dominicnuel1: 9:23am On Oct 26, 2018
My only fear na d physical exercise. me dat can't run up to 1km na God hand person dey.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 9:23am On Oct 26, 2018
ugo4u:

Read the instructions for both services carefully. Go for SSC that is the best for you, since your course of study doesn't matter. Your course is not in DSSC and yet you want to apply under DSSC despite being within the age bracket for SSC, you ma think am na.Even if your course is listed your best shot is still the SSC because you have age on ur side and I bet you've not gotten professional certification in ur field with respect to DSSC. I still insist applicants should take time to read this thread from the beginning or if it is too hard then carefully read out the criteria for both SSC and DSSC which is clearly spelt out on Army's website.
some folks have pissed General off so don't expect any response from him.
but Chemical engineering is not science, humanities or social science na it's engineering dats y am contemplating for dssc or hw u c am na
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2018
To those asking of what to expect during interview, again this has being explicitly tackled by @Odinmbannamdi in a sister thread some inches above this thread. What we should be more concerned about at this stage is What and how to get shortlisted for the interview.
Cheers!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 9:27am On Oct 26, 2018
mangojuice:

Go ahead. Ask questions
ok thanks, whats the process like ? is it true people get evicted for having an extracted tooth ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2018
dominicnuel1:
My only fear na d physical exercise. me dat can't run up to 1km na God hand person dey.
o boy start to dey run oh, i run regularly despite my work schedule. i think i will have to leave my car at home and do some walking for the last 3km to my house.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2018
enesi009:
but Chemical engineering is not science, humanities or social science na it's engineering dats y am contemplating for dssc or hw u c am na
I'm sorry to say this, its either you are too lazy to read the instructions or you have comprehension problem(No hard feelings).
Here is the instruction for SSC go through it, this time slowly. Moreover it has being hammered on this thread countless times that SSC is for any course of study be it Faeces technology or potatoe science etc once you are within the age bracket you are good to go.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2018
Mafialeader:
ok thanks, whats the process like ? is it true people get evicted for having an extracted tooth ?
Yes but depend on the gap location
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2018
enesi009:
hello sir I have another question for u sir my younger brother is a serving Coper due to pass out on March 2019...and e wish to apply for dssc too but one of d criteria is Nysc discharge certificate which e Don have now,, so should e go ahead and upload is Nysc posting letter ireplacement for d discharge certificate hoping dat b4 e is shortlisted for interview e might have passed out from Nysc and present d original certifate to d NASB during selection and interview pls e needs ur advice sir
Don't waste time and resources
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
mangojuice:

Yes but depend on the gap location
Boss welcome. I've being following you since 2016. Please what should we do or what tips can you offer us on getting shortlisted for the interview. PS: Me na KD born and brought up oo, I don't mind fixing an appointment with you, if you are around/chanced.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2018
ugo4u:

I'm sorry to say this, its either you are too lazy to read the instructions or you have comprehension problem(No hard feelings).
Here is the instruction for SSC go through it, this time slowly. Moreover it has being hammered on this thread countless times that SSC is for any course of study be it Faeces technology or potatoe science etc once you are within the age bracket you are good to go.
bross e b like say na only u dey suffer comprehension problem be cause if na all course dey need dey wouldn't specifically say HUMANITIES, SOCIAL SCIENCE &SCIENCE ....@ Mangojuice I need ur response on dis
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2018
enesi009:
bross e b like say na only u dey suffer comprehension problem be cause if na all course dey need dey wouldn't specifically say HUMANITIES, SOCIAL SCIENCE &SCIENCE ....@ Mangojuice I need ur response on dis
Enes chill sorry for the compression issh but the thing is trying to pass across was as far as u are a graduate and u have age by ur side SSC is cool but DSSC is for professional at this point seriously I don't think anyone should ask abt wc option to choose BTW the 2 commissions if u want to be a professional in the army no much combat DSSC is ur bet but SSC is for combating officers with low age, hope that is cool by u
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2018
ugo4u:

Boss welcome. I've being following you since 2016. Please what should we do or what tips can you offer us on getting shortlisted for the interview. PS: Me na KD born and brought up oo, I don't mind fixing an appointment with you, if you are around/chanced.
Just pray to be shortlisted. However if you are a chronic drunkard or smoker please stop now. Commence routine jogging every morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.