Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1363012 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yayaadu: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
Saintdtm:
Well, your first day in the academy, is the day u will never forget in ur life. Stressful n full of memories, we did not sleep that night. in fact it was hell. But believe me, u will survive it.
Try n get a source of inspiration that will keep u motivated throughout the training. Don't bring your self out at the early stage of your training by malingering, do what is expected of you by your instructors and prep wingers.
Do not look down on your prep wingers, especially those 2nd termers, if not you will suffer n might not make it to POP.
Try and grab anything your prep wingers teach you as fast as possible n never forget it.
ACADEMY OF INDELIBLE MEMORIES.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Thank you sir, very much appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaaguar(m): 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
odimbannamdi:

I see yoy hangung those pips, brother. God go do am. Best of luck!
Thanks bros
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
Saintdtm:
(1)White shirts and shorts( navy blue), Buy as many as you can. But for the white shirts , buy those that will dry fast when washed. Because there will not be enough time.
(2) try and get clipper and shaving stick(not compulsory but u need them.
(3) white canvas at least 2 pairs. Use one for training n class n the other one on sundays( prep wingers will always check you for neatness).
(4) blazers for church and mosque on sunday.
(5) singlet.
(6) Academy will feed you, but you can bring GARI ( u will thank God later). Don't bring too much load that you can not carry!!
(7) u can bring pressing iron but hide it. It is not banned but for your own good.
(cool white handkerchief.
(9) Hide your wristwatch, you will not use it now. They will allow you later, may be after drill square test.
Don't bother yourself buying bucket, u can get it there.
MY LITTLE CONTRIBUTION
Thank you Sir
Does this apply to DSSC cadets as well?

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Saintdtm(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
SSC bro. For dssc, i have no idea.
[ author=Codedelaw post=84741254][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamwarrified(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Be careful what you share online. You've not been shortlisted, y'all are still under review. Be wise.

sikowitz17:
I met a friend who made course 45, resumed cadet training and was withdrawn 5 months into training...he came for course 46 screening and passed medicals again...
He shared some of his experiences with me as a cadet, what he saw in those 5 months, showed me some videos and mhen! I began to doubt if I was strong enough to handle it..
He mentioned that one cadet was watered to death...inside the cold that these men would go and experience in January...they will face watering parade..wo! Good luck to you guys..I'm changing my strategy next year..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamwarrified(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
You are giving them wala abi.
Saintdtm:
Well, your first day in the academy, is the day u will never forget in ur life. Stressful n full of memories, we did not sleep that night. in fact it was hell. But believe me, u will survive it.
Try n get a source of inspiration that will keep u motivated throughout the training. Don't bring your self out at the early stage of your training by malingering, do what is expected of you by your instructors and prep wingers.
Do not look down on your prep wingers, especially those 2nd termers, if not you will suffer n might not make it to POP.
Try and grab anything your prep wingers teach you as fast as possible n never forget it.
ACADEMY OF INDELIBLE MEMORIES.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
Saintdtm:
SSC bro. For dssc, i have no idea.
[ author=Codedelaw post=84741254]

Alright, thank you Sir.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
iamwarrified:
Be careful what you share online. You've not been shortlisted, y'all are still under review. Be wise.

I didn't make it past medicals so thanks..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
sikowitz17:
I met a friend who made course 45, resumed cadet training and was withdrawn 5 months into training...he came for course 46 screening and passed medicals again...
He shared some of his experiences with me as a cadet, what he saw in those 5 months, showed me some videos and mhen! I began to doubt if I was strong enough to handle it..
He mentioned that one cadet was watered to death...inside the cold that these men would go and experience in January...they will face watering parade..wo! Good luck to you guys..I'm changing my strategy next year..

Do u have any idea why he was dropped?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by salaboiz(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
nobody is talking about the FINAL LIST

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
salaboiz:
nobody is talking about the FINAL LIST
Lol. We all waiting patiently
I believe it’ll be out on or before 22nd though
Let’s keep our fingers crossed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaaguar(m): 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
[quote author=Codedelaw post=84741254][/quote]

It is true
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slyd90(m): 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
Is it possible for a candidate who didn't pass the medicals to make the final list?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2019
slyd90:
Is it possible for a candidate who didn't pass the medicals to make the final list?
In saner climes, i would have shouted NO at the top of my voice. It’s Nigeria, so anything can happen, I’ve heard stories. It’s all about grace and who you know.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
slyd90:
Lol, anything is possible in this country with long leg. What is medical screening? Na formalities... Was the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces screened out/removed from office due to the fact that he visits ENT Surgeons for treatment abroad? Is that not a medical problem?

If the Commander in Chief can still remain the Oga at the top in control of Army, Navy & Air Force despite his medical issue, how much more for a 2nd Lieutenant?
#OperationFreeSowore
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slyd90(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
gentle70:

Lol, anything is possible in this country with long leg. What is medical screening? Na formalities... Was the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces screened out/removed from office due to the fact that he visits ENT Surgeons for treatment abroad? Is that not a medical problem?

If the Commander in Chief can still remain the Oga at the top in control of Army, Navy & Air Force despite his medical issue, how much more for a 2nd Lieutenant?
#OperationFreeSowore
I see.. thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slyd90(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Codedelaw:

In saner climes, i would have shouted NO at the top of my voice. It’s Nigeria, so anything can happen, I’ve heard stories. It’s all about grace and who you know.
Prayer continues then.... thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sojeee(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
gentle70:

#OperationFreeSowore
It can happen, for some body to resume training without doing NASB but there are ailments that can't be overlooked, I.e HIV,Hepatitis B and coronary Heart Disease, because the God father will not risk d life of d candidate for allowing him to train with such ailments,
A Candidate from my state was evicted for Under weight and Loss of 2 teeth, His brother meet COAS and told him d problems, COAS said d candidate is not fit, that he can't be considered, and that NAMC standard must be ensured..........
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 5:00am On Dec 12, 2019
slyd90:

Prayer continues then.... thanks
course 45, one of my village men that medicals dropped with us saw his name in the final list ..he didn't go sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 5:04am On Dec 12, 2019
I hope people from the first batch know that some people from their states still came for the second batch...some of these people didn't even apply..
I had a long conversation with one of them...let's just say this process isn't as fair as we thought it was..This country is fugged!
I was dropped saying I had high BP..

But was never called for medical review..
Everyone that had one issue or the other was called for review not me..

Last minute, the day the results were to be announced, they began Calling some people openly into the board room for examination..

After they called the results and I waited to know what my issue was...the doctor called 4 numbers that weren't called Initially for failed medicals..they passed them...

But we're still on his own list...mans now called me and stated for the paper for like 15 seconds looking around..he now said high blood pressure..
I just laughed..
Everything happens for a reason Sha
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 5:06am On Dec 12, 2019
sojeee:

It can happen, for some body to resume training without doing NASB but there are ailments that can't be overlooked, I.e HIV,Hepatitis B and coronary Heart Disease, because the God father will not risk d life of d candidate for allowing him to train with such ailments,
A Candidate from my state was evicted for Under weight and Loss of 2 teeth, His brother meet COAS and told him d problems, COAS said d candidate is not fit, that he can't be considered, and that NAMC standard must be ensured..........
na because the brother no get level...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaaguar(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2019
Saintdtm:

Easy bro, the delay may favor u. Keep hope alive. N all d best to u all

And that delay had favoured a lot of us due the fact tht if we had not been going for review we would not have scaled

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slyd90(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
sikowitz17:
course 45, one of my village men that medicals dropped with us saw his name in the final list ..he didn't go sha
Mehn this is Nigeria.....hope is still alive then
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
sikowitz17:
I hope people from the first batch know that some people from their states still came for the second batch...some of these people didn't even apply..
I had a long conversation with one of them...let's just say this process isn't as fair as we thought it was..This country is fugged!
I was dropped saying I had high BP..

But was never called for medical review..
Everyone that had one issue or the other was called for review not me..

Last minute, the day the results were to be announced, they began Calling some people openly into the board room for examination..

After they called the results and I waited to know what my issue was...the doctor called 4 numbers that weren't called Initially for failed medicals..they passed them...

But we're still on his own list...mans now called me and stated for the paper for like 15 seconds looking around..he now said high blood pressure..
I just laughed..
Everything happens for a reason Sha

I cant count 5 people you here who were very devoted to this Army endeavour without having your name among them.

You morale was roof-breaking. It is quite unfortunate that this course ended this way for you.

But i implore you not to take it hard on yourself. There is a reason for everything. God has bigger and better plans for you. Or perhaps, it just wasnt your time to get it.

Keep your head up bro. Things will turn out well.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
odimbannamdi:

I cant count 5 people you here who were very devoted to this Army endeavour without having your name among them.

You morale was roof-breaking. It is quite unfortunate that this course ended this way for you.

But i implore you not to take it hard on yourself. There is a reason for everything. God has bigger and better plans for you. Or perhaps, it just wasnt your time to get it.

Keep your head up bro. Things will turn out well.

Cheers!
boss I've not relented oooo...it's just tiring... spending money to kaduna and buying stuff..I legit left my job for it cos there was no way they were giving me 2 weeks off...but I'm still hopeful for course 47
Age is Still on my side so I can try again..the only fact is my guys that made 45 would be getting ready to hand full lieutenant by the time I'd be leaving officer cadet training...and that's if I get in for course 47..
And that's if they recruit next year too...but God knows..we wait and see..

Hope is alive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Olu234: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
sikowitz17:
boss I've not relented oooo...it's just tiring... spending money to kaduna and buying stuff..I legit left my job for it cos there was no way they were giving me 2 weeks off...but I'm still hopeful for course 47
Age is Still on my side so I can try again..the only fact is my guys that made 45 would be getting ready to hand full lieutenant by the time I'd be leaving officer cadet training...and that's if I get in for course 47..
And that's if they recruit next year too...but God knows..we wait and see..

Hope is alive.
The truth be told- If there are enough meaningful jobs in the country alot of us will not struggling like this to be soldiers that will go and fight Boko Haram.
Nevertheless, joining army is one of the options in life, so if this doesn't work let's try elsewhere.
Though I know some persons that have passion for the job and I respect their desire and love for it not like my caliber that is joining the army to make ends meet.
Whenever I remember something in the exam Hall, I'll just laugh and nod 'life goes on' when they asked - Why are you joining the Nigerian army when people are dying everyday? I almost answered because of unemployment, but then I followed the train- to protect my nation.

Which fucking nation? The nation that wasted my years in the university and when I graduated it told me to go to farm? The nation that refused my loans through it's financial institutions? The nation that deny me a level playing ground with children of elites in securing a job? The nation that continuously suppress me and take my penny to enrich it's bourgeoisie? Or the nation that has blatantly refused me to migrate to other nations that can help my life? I guess I'm protecting my pocket

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 5:19am On Dec 13, 2019
I know that feelings of being dropped during medicals, I felt it when I was dropped in course 44 SSC cos of umblical hernia, in my own case I felt like dieing, immediately I got home, it didn't take me 5 days to repair my umblical hernia and got ready for another and thank God I was shortlisted for this year DSSC course 25 interview. During medicals I was called for review with some other fellows, cos of BP, ECG, physical examination and chest x-ray, I almost fainted when I was called for review without knowing it was God that wanted to rescue me from eviction, now that weren't called for review were actually laughing at us that we are the ones to be evicted, most of us called for review were so tensed and frightened but one staff sergeant calmed us down that some of us were called cos we had no results in the medicals that instead of the army to just send us off that they felt it wise to review us.
When we got to the clinic, my own problem was that the marker used to write my chest number already cleaned out so it was impossible to identify mine, they redid mine and that was it. When they were calling the medical results, o'boy see people wey Dem comot, people that I felt had more chances than I, now this is how God does his stuff because am surprised, my BMI is 28. And I had a hole in my teeth.
Infact imo reduced from 32 to 13 even though some like 3 person's later joined up including one lady that medicals evicted but maybe connection helped her get in, she ran the next day with other that came back and fainted, she was inside the ambulance for almost 4 hours. Some people that were reviewed were still evicted.
So now am still praying to God to put my name in the final list.
Before the interview I wasn't doing any exercise like running and it took a toll on me after the 3.2km race but since I came back I've been running trying to prepare my mind for jaji.
Below is the few times I ran and am also going to run this morning after typing this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 13, 2019
explosiveskull:
I know that feelings of being dropped during medicals, I felt it when I was dropped in course 44 SSC cos of umblical hernia, in my own case I felt like dieing, immediately I got home, it didn't take me 5 days to repair my umblical hernia and got ready for another and thank God I was shortlisted for this year DSSC course 25 interview. During medicals I was called for review with some other fellows, cos of BP, ECG, physical examination and chest x-ray, I almost fainted when I was called for review without knowing it was God that wanted to rescue me from eviction, now that weren't called for review were actually laughing at us that we are the ones to be evicted, most of us called for review were so tensed and frightened but one staff sergeant calmed us down that some of us were called cos we had no results in the medicals that instead of the army to just send us off that they felt it wise to review us.
When we got to the clinic, my own problem was that the marker used to write my chest number already cleaned out so it was impossible to identify mine, they redid mine and that was it. When they were calling the medical results, o'boy see people wey Dem comot, people that I felt had more chances than I, now this is how God does his stuff because am surprised, my BMI is 28. And I had a hole in my teeth.
Infact imo reduced from 32 to 13 even though some like 3 person's later joined up including one lady that medicals evicted but maybe connection helped her get in, she ran the next day with other that came back and fainted, she was inside the ambulance for almost 4 hours. Some people that were reviewed were still evicted.
Before the interview I wasn't doing any exercise like running and it took a toll on me after the 3.2km race but since I came back I've been running trying to prepare my mind for jaji.
Below is the few times I ran and am also going to run this morning after typing this.

Dats d standard! I like ur spirit Sir.

I can't wait to apply, I jst pray ASUU should allow us to graduate in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 7:06am On Dec 13, 2019
I did a 10km this morning but my thighs are gone, I'll have to rest tomorrow.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by tenderlaw(m): 7:34am On Dec 13, 2019
explosiveskull:

I LOVE THIS! Keep up the spirit bro. I pray your efforts be rewarded in the end. Here's something to encourage you; done this morning.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2019
tenderlaw:

I LOVE THIS! Keep up the spirit bro. I pray your efforts be rewarded in the end. Here's something to encourage you; done this morning.
I also did a 10.11 km in 1:20mins today and may have to rest tomorrow cos my legs are finished.
Your pace is greater than mine. It is well na small small. Keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.