Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,549 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1363889 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2019
cheerokee:

10 years ago, that's 2009 right?
.yha 2009
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaaguar(m): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
sikowitz17:
omo it's just because the person he told trusted him ..the female psychology captain for course 46...if you tell her that one...home you go..

I heard that the final list is out on Daily Trust news paper, how sure this is

Someone should confirm for us pls
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TmSpotofgroove: 12:35am On Dec 17, 2019
Jaaguar:

I heard that the final list is out on Daily Trust news paper, how sure this is

Someone should confirm for us pls

Not sure about this, just checked nothing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:15am On Dec 17, 2019
My Odyssey at Ibadan for the Nigerian Army Screening DSSC Course 25
As you all know I wasn’t shortlisted for the interview, it was quite disappointing but deep within me I had already made-up my mind to gatecrash the goddamn venue. I communicated my intentions to some nairalanders who had similar issues with me though it was only one that finally turned up ( @KennethNnolim). On the 1st of November I resigned my job (infact I sacked myself) grin to avoid unnecessary begging from my colleagues that might result in me changing my mind. My mind was so made up that for a second I didn’t even give a thought not to be at Ibadan bad as e bad them go lock me up for guardroom, nobody will kill me. Hence the reason why I said “If I perish I perish”. I was damned determined to challenge the odds.
I only told my family about my journey an hour to departure time(my people self just kuku tire for me, they could feel the undying zeal in me), headed straight for my home state to get all my documents intact, came back to Kaduna gathered all my salala and headed straight for Ibadan were I connected with kennethnnolim one of the silent observers on this thread.
Before I continue let me talk about this guy, I do think I have passion for this job not until I met this guy, his physique is something else infact when we entered the screening venue both officers and men couldn’t ignore him more than four personnel approached him at different times that he is the type of person they need now, they imagined him handling a GPMG not one not two soldiers at different occasion made such comment, the guy for me is Nigerian Arnold Schwasnegger, if na fitness the guy dey, if na credentials everything is complete but una sabi as naija thing dey bi, it is people that are less passionate about the job that are most atimes shortlisted. Infact a medical consultant and a lawyer withdrew from the exercise they said they weren’t interested again, the funny thing was that the army guys were begging the lawyer to stay baba say he is no longer interested, they even told him that he will be paid upto 300k per month just to convince him to stay baba drop tag jaapa. One other lady that came six days into the screening was even disinterested in the process it was the soldiers that even drag her sef some of her documents where even photocopied by the soldiers, her course wasn’t even advertised in the first place, I spoke to her how comes she told me she wasn’t even shortlisted that it was her uncle a senior officer that sent her(she wasn’t interested at all).
Now back to my story, I stormed Ibadan 2 days before the exercise commenced and I was graciously hosted by Kenneth and from his house we drew our battle plan, we worked out all possible scenarios and how to approach it, omo it was like we were planning a bank heist every details was penned down and well plotted for execution.
On the 8th of November we “stormed Fajuyi Cantonment” like commandoes, we had already sorted out accommodation within the barracks so we headed straight for mechanic workshop block where soldiers live with their families . One of the major thing that struck me is the obvious emptiness in the entire barracks most of the soldiers have been shipped to the northeast, its only children and women that you see around infact I don’t think soldiers at the entire cantonment are more than 100. This is a barrack that is bigger than NDA old site and new site, little wonder they massively increased the intake this year, the NA really need hands.
On the D-day of screening we gallantly stormed the venue (stadium) flanked by the heavily built Kenneth even me sef wore body hug white na that day me sef realize say I get small chest and confirm 6 packs, Kenneth bounced majestically to the admiration of most of the personnel, we introduced ourselves and explained our situation to them, begging them to give us a chance at least to prove ourselves before the board, since we are eminently qualified all our credentials including professional certifications where intact, impressed by our determination the personnel in charge of documentation directed us to wait within the venue directly opposite candidates that have being screened and given tags(those of una wey go Ibadan must have seen us chilling opposite una) we were about thirty in number that where “Special candidates” amongst us some received text directly from MS office, others Senators/HOR members while another set where gate crashers( about four of us). As the screening went on we were assured that we will be attended to depending on the turn-up in our respective states, the board secretary Lt Col. Abang was nice to us, we were even eating with regular candidates; infact some of the candidates were murmuring because they felt we posed great danger to their chances( who won’t be scared sha). As days went on our hopes began to wither from about thirty, eleven where left some went back home in anger, why some who made call to senior men where allowed to join up, infact we were watching when two guys one from Bauchi and another from Zamfara where being looked for by the screening officers, I later heard a call came in from Headquaters. I and Kenneth with about three other guys held on till the last moment hoping for a miracle but unfortunately the officers changed their mind the board secretary really wanted to help but his hands were tied as senior officers flooded the venue. One lady soldier sent from Abuja for the exercise met us secretly and told us that at that point we should call any senior officer preferably a senior to the board chairman that we will be allowed she said it was that easy cos many have entered via that route. Some states had in excess of 45 candidates as against 35 published, the padding no get part two.
The soldiers wanted to smuggle us in but the problem was that the board chairman was already familiar with our faces he has interacted with us previously, they insisted we have a backup or someone to recommend us to join up. At that point I tried reaching my contacts but non worked out, the board secretary and other officers stopped picking calls.
Ladies and gentlemen na so I take pack my salala after medicals come back house but overall the experience was worth it, I never regretted anything one bit very valuable lessons were learnt, my eyes where opened to many things, as far as the dssc is concerned it is very competitive lobby-wise, the percentage of merit will be low compared to SSC according to some of the officers I spoke to they said those are the once they need enmass, anyone that faces board(SSC) have 80% chances of making the list some dssc guys that are young will be pushed to SSC, a lot of hands is needed in the northeast, even most of DSSC course 24 guys that passed out this year where posted to the northeast, their SSC colleagues(War guys) are doing their regimentation course in Yobe state.
In all they said they only need about 300 cadets for training and about 600 made the cut after medicals this is excluding those that later joined up and those that will join up for training in Jaji that weren’t even present for the screening.
May God see us all through in the pursuit of our dreams.
I wish all DSSC 25/SSC 46 guys who faced the board SUCCESS.
Shoutout to Lexyjay, the OYO guy, and other nairalanders I met at the venue, success guys.
Some of you may wanna ask "Ugo aren't you giving up ? Why not call it quit ? "
Come on mehn!!! Hell no, I'm a warrior, and warriors keep on fighting, I'll keep on pushing till the doors open no going back
Though the Chariots be gathered for war,
Victory is from God Alone

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by akinyemmzy(m): 5:02am On Dec 17, 2019
ugo4u:
As you all know I wasn’t shortlisted for the interview, it was quite disappointing but deep within me I had already made-up my mind to gatecrash the goddamn venue. I communicated my intentions to some nairalanders who had similar issues with me though it was only one that finally turned up ( @KennethNnolim). On the 1st of November I resigned my job (infact I sacked myself) grin to avoid unnecessary begging from my colleagues that might result in me changing my mind. My mind was so made up that for a second I didn’t even give a thought not to be at Ibadan bad as e bad them go lock me up for guardroom, nobody will kill me. Hence the reason why I said “If I perish I perish”. I was damned determined to challenge the odds.
I only told my family about my journey an hour to departure time(my people self just kuku tire for me, they could feel the undying zeal in me), headed straight for my home state to get all my documents intact, came back to Kaduna gathered all my salala and headed straight for Ibadan were I connected with kennethnnolim one of the silent observers on this thread.
Before I continue let me talk about this guy, I do think I have passion for this job not until I met this guy, his physique is something else infact when we entered the screening venue both officers and men couldn’t ignore him more than four personnel approached him at different times that he is the type of person they need now, they imagined him handling a GPMG not one not two soldiers at different occasion made such comment, the guy for me is Nigerian Arnold Schwasnegger, if na fitness the guy dey, if na credentials everything is complete but una sabi as naija thing dey bi, it is people that are less passionate about the job that are most atimes shortlisted. Infact a medical consultant and a lawyer withdrew from the exercise they said they weren’t interested again, the funny thing was that the army guys were begging the lawyer to stay baba say he is no longer interested, they even told him that he will be paid upto 300k per month just to convince him to stay baba drop tag jaapa. One other lady that came six days into the screening was even disinterested in the process it was the soldiers that even drag her sef some of her documents where even photocopied by the soldiers, her course wasn’t even advertised in the first place, I spoke to her how comes she told me she wasn’t even shortlisted that it was her uncle a senior officer that sent her(she wasn’t interested at all).
Now back to my story, I stormed Ibadan 2 days before the exercise commenced and I was graciously hosted by Kenneth and from his house we drew our battle plan, we worked out all possible scenarios and how to approach it, omo it was like we were planning a bank heist every details was penned down and well plotted for execution.
On the 8th of November we “stormed Fajuyi Cantonment” like commandoes, we had already sorted out accommodation within the barracks so we headed straight for mechanic workshop block where soldiers live with their families . One of the major thing that struck me is the obvious emptiness in the entire barracks most of the soldiers have been shipped to the northeast, its only children and women that you see around infact I don’t think soldiers at the entire cantonment are more than 100. This is a barrack that is bigger than NDA old site and new site, little wonder they massively increased the intake this year, the NA really need hands.
On the D-day of screening we gallantly stormed the venue (stadium) flanked by the heavily built Kenneth even me sef wore body hug white na that day me sef realize say I get small chest and confirm 6 packs, Kenneth bounced majestically to the admiration of most of the personnel, we introduced ourselves and explained our situation to them, begging them to give us a chance at least to prove ourselves before the board, since we are eminently qualified all our credentials including professional certifications where intact, impressed by our determination the personnel in charge of documentation directed us to wait within the venue directly opposite candidates that have being screened and given tags(those of una wey go Ibadan must have seen us chilling opposite una) we were about thirty in number that where “Special candidates” amongst us some received text directly from MS office, others Senators/HOR members while another set where gate crashers( about four of us). As the screening went on we were assured that we will be attended to depending on the turn-up in our respective states, the board secretary Lt Col. Abang was nice to us, we were even eating with regular candidates; infact some of the candidates were murmuring because they felt we posed great danger to their chances( who won’t be scared sha). As days went on our hopes began to wither from about thirty, eleven where left some went back home in anger, why some who made call to senior men where allowed to join up, infact we were watching when two guys one from Bauchi and another from Zamfara where being looked for by the screening officers, I later heard a call came in from Headquaters. I and Kenneth with about three other guys held on till the last moment hoping for a miracle but unfortunately the officers changed their mind the board secretary really wanted to help but his hands were tied as senior officers flooded the venue. One lady soldier sent from Abuja for the exercise met us secretly and told us that at that point we should call any senior officer preferably a senior to the board chairman that we will be allowed she said it was that easy cos many have entered via that route. Some states had in excess of 45 candidates as against 35 published, the padding no get part two.
The soldiers wanted to smuggle us in but the problem was that the board chairman was already familiar with our faces he has interacted with us previously, they insisted we have a backup or someone to recommend us to join up. At that point I tried reaching my contacts but non worked out, the board secretary and other officers stopped picking calls.
Ladies and gentlemen na so I take pack my salala after medicals come back house but overall the experience was worth it, I never regretted anything one bit very valuable lessons were learnt, my eyes where opened to many things, as far as the dssc is concerned it is very competitive lobby-wise, the percentage of merit will be low compared to SSC according to some of the officers I spoke to they said those are the once they need enmass, anyone that faces board(SSC) have 80% chances of making the list some dssc guys that are young will be pushed to SSC, a lot of hands is needed in the northeast, even most of DSSC course 24 guys that passed out this year where posted to the northeast, their SSC colleagues(War guys) are doing their regimentation course in Yobe state.
In all they said they only need about 300 cadets for training and about 600 made the cut after medicals this is excluding those that later joined up and those that will join up for training in Jaji that weren’t even present for the screening.
Shoutout to Lexyjay, the OYO guy, and other nairalanders I met at the venue, success guys.
Come on mehn!!! Hell no, I'm a warrior, and warriors keep on fighting, I'll keep on pushing till the doors open no going back

When last have I read a piece so passionate as this. I have a lot to say but all in all Ugo4u I wish u d very best in life. If perhaps I enter KD maybe Jan by Gods Grace I will very much like to know u. But I wish it was ssc u gate crashed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yayaadu: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2019
akinyemmzy:

When last have I read a piece so passionate as this. I have a lot to say but all in all Ugo4u I wish u d very best in life. If perhaps I enter KD maybe Jan by Gods Grace I will very much like to know u. But I wish it was ssc u gate crashed

Only God knows why, but I wished he gate crashed SSC. Maj Gen Olabanji would have asked him to join up immediately. Especially considering that around 21 people faced board from Kaduna state.

Wish you all the best ugo4u, your passion about this is inspiring.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaaguar(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2019
Yayaadu:

Only God knows why, but I wished he gate crashed SSC. Maj Gen Olabanji would have asked him to join up immediately. Especially considering that around 21 people faced board from Kaduna state.

Wish you all the best ugo4u, your passion about this is inspiring.

Which state had the highest number tht faced board in ssc batch 2?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2019
Good morning gentlemen,
After my sickness was concluded yesterday, I decided to go out today.
It was so hard cos I had terrible pains at my ankle and waist, after the first 2km I stopped and was about going back home and remembered what if it were bokoharam chasing me, what would I have done?
I ground through the pains and started jogging though I stopped at like 3 instances for the pains to subside.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaaguar(m): 7:38am On Dec 17, 2019
may be someone had such experience over the years about Ssc facing Board.

Pls i want to satisfy my curiousity here about the board we faced for batch 1 ssc 46 at NDA old site Kaduna, we were 23 in number from my state nd those 23 faced the board respectively. My question here is tht when i got to the panel room where i saw highest ranking officers rounded the table i got confused nd i was told to sit down by the board president nd was also asked 3questions but i was able to answer only 1question among the 3. So wht is the possibility for me to get the job...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yayaadu: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2019
Jaaguar:

Which state had the highest number tht faced board in ssc batch 2?

I'm not sure, I think its Plateau or Zamfara, I don't think there's any state with more than 25 candidates. Katsina that 41 reported saw its size cut down 16.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sameereinstein(m): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2019
ugo4u:
I've never seen anyone this passionate about Army. At this point, I just have to say may God give it to you

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Saintdtm(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2019
Jaaguar:
may be
kisssomeone had such experience over the years about Ssc facing Board.

Pls i want to satisfy my curiousity here about the board we faced for batch 1 ssc 46 at NDA old site Kaduna, we were 23 in number from my state nd those 23 faced the board respectively. My question here is tht when i got to the panel room where i saw highest ranking officers rounded the table i got confused nd i was told to sit down by the board president nd was also asked 3questions but i was able to answer only 1question among the 3. So wht is the possibility for me to get the job...
Just keep on praying bro, d selection is not based on the number of questions u answer. They consider a lot of things. So just chill, i know why I'm saying this. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2019
Jaaguar:
may be someone had such experience over the years about Ssc facing Board.

Well, back in NMS (my own experience), it was ur performance at d board dat really determines ur qualification. Jst pray about it, deres nothing difficult dat God can't do.

Would u mind Sharing d questions dat u were asked?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MA19(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2019
ugo4u:

No crime in trying...You may not understand what you have achieved through your endeavor, but I can personally tell you that you are a pioneer. I have always admire you that I wish to meet you in person. I wish I knew you before now, that adventure would have been a partnership experience with me. I will love to know you more in future. keep doing what you are doing, I can assure you that it will pay off one day. One thing I learnt most from your experience is 'fear' that I came up with a concept that"there is safety in risk while there is risk in safety." Fear will always keep one down and one will fail to achieve anything, while fearlessness pushes you to achieve greatness. In a nutshell, your adventure was not a waste. Please, I would like to have a direct contact with you si

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TmSpotofgroove: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
explosiveskull:
Good morning gentlemen,
After my sickness was concluded yesterday, I decided to go out today.
It was so hard cos I had terrible pains at my ankle and waist, after the first 2km I stopped and was about going back home and remembered what if it were bokoharam chasing me, what would I have done?
I ground through the pains and started jogging though I stopped at like 3 instances for the pains to subside.

Well done o! Me I dey wait for list before I begin stress myself grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jobsmiths(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Man Was Tense bro, i was asked 3 questions got 2 right n attempted one, tho could count as correct. But d challenge was i wasn't confident and audible enough that moment it was like i dropped my confidence at d door in, Sha'O... We've done our best, na prayer remain
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yayaadu: 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
jobsmiths:
Man Was Tense bro, i was asked 3 questions got 2 right n attempted one, tho could count as correct. But d challenge was i wasn't confident and audible enough that moment it was like i dropped my confidence at d door in, Sha'O... We've done our best, na prayer remain

I answered 3 out of 4. I was trying to scope them on the 4th question, the board president caught me in the act and laughed, then said "you can go".
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by LexyJay02: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
ugo4u:

Man like Ugo....
We we're together all through, he kept encouraging me to the very end. God bless you my brother.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prudent5217: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Oga Ugo4u. You are one person I always looked up to in this group. Thank you for this wonderful message, you have inspired me in ways you cannot imagine. Thank you I Dey owe you 1 bottle grin

ugo4u:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
TmSpotofgroove:

Well done o! Me I dey wait for list before I begin stress myself grin
I dey tell you. List first. Although it’s good you’re trying to keep it going, I’ll advise you take it easy and prevent any serious injury
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:27am On Dec 18, 2019
Mad oooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2019
cool
Abeg which kind of gun is that soldier in the second picture holding, what kind of bullets are those? Are they for killing humans or shredding them?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2019
explosiveskull:
cool
Abeg which kind of gun is that soldier in the second picture holding, what kind of bullets are those? Are they for killing humans or shredding them?
That’s a greenade launcher
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sojeee(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2019
explosiveskull:
cool
Automatic Grenade Launcher
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lakesman1989: 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
explosiveskull:
cool
the soldier in d secomd picture was my instructor during my NYSC days...he showed our plantoon dah pix n said one bullet in dah launchwr can finish up half a city..buh doze are during Uaradua regime
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
undecided
lakesman1989:
the soldier in d secomd picture was my instructor during my NYSC days...he showed our plantoon dah pix n said one bullet in dah launchwr can finish up half a city..buh doze are during Uaradua regime
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
lakesman1989:
How true can a grenade finish half a city?
Check am na?
Hope you no believe am?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jobsmiths(m): 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
lakesman1989:
No be small tin, Chai Grenade half a city? Na Nuclear war head ni?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.