Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1363873 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OCKEHINDE: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2019
explosiveskull:
I know that feelings of being dropped during medicals, I felt it when I was dropped in course 44 SSC cos of umblical hernia, in my own case I felt like dieing, immediately I got home, it didn't take me 5 days to repair my umblical hernia and got ready for another and thank God I was shortlisted for this year DSSC course 25 interview. During medicals I was called for review with some other fellows, cos of BP, ECG, physical examination and chest x-ray, I almost fainted when I was called for review without knowing it was God that wanted to rescue me from eviction, now that weren't called for review were actually laughing at us that we are the ones to be evicted, most of us called for review were so tensed and frightened but one staff sergeant calmed us down that some of us were called cos we had no results in the medicals that instead of the army to just send us off that they felt it wise to review us.
When we got to the clinic, my own problem was that the marker used to write my chest number already cleaned out so it was impossible to identify mine, they redid mine and that was it. When they were calling the medical results, o'boy see people wey Dem comot, people that I felt had more chances than I, now this is how God does his stuff because am surprised, my BMI is 28. And I had a hole in my teeth.
Infact imo reduced from 32 to 13 even though some like 3 person's later joined up including one lady that medicals evicted but maybe connection helped her get in, she ran the next day with other that came back and fainted, she was inside the ambulance for almost 4 hours. Some people that were reviewed were still evicted.
So now am still praying to God to put my name in the final list.
Before the interview I wasn't doing any exercise like running and it took a toll on me after the 3.2km race but since I came back I've been running trying to prepare my mind for jaji.
Below is the few times I ran and am also going to run this morning after typing this.

Pls brother you said you had your umbilical hernia fixed, please is the scar of the surgery visible? The they complain about the scar? I did my umbilical hernia surgery 5 years ago, but the scar on it is very big and noticeable I hope this will hinder me, as I plan to join next 2 years. I'm a radiography student and I wish to apply as soon as I'm through with my education, as a matter of fact the scar on the surgery is giving me much concern. Your advice would be appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 9:12am On Dec 13, 2019
OCKEHINDE:

Pls brother you said you had your umbilical hernia fixed, please is the scar of the surgery visible? The they complain about the scar? I did my umbilical hernia surgery 5 years ago, but the scar on it is very big and noticeable I hope this will hinder me, as I plan to join next 2 years. I'm a radiography student and I wish to apply as soon as I'm through with my education, as a matter of fact the scar on the surgery is giving me much concern. Your advice would be appreciated.
I did my own with those absorbable cadgot or so that doesn't need to be removed after stitching meaning my body absorbed it and a professional who understood plastic surgery did it so that I don't have any noticeable scar.
Is like I heard the hospital commandant saying that they won't evict anyone based on scars as far as it's not fresh and also my friend in course 44 SSC who had a large scar from appendicitis surgery was taken and he is a second lieutenant and planning to hang two pips before this year runs out.
Below is my own surgery sight, you won't notice it was operated on.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OCKEHINDE: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2019
explosiveskull:

I did my own with those absorbable cadgot or so that doesn't need to be removed after stitching meaning my body absorbed it and a professional who understood plastic surgery did it so that I don't have any noticeable scar.
Is like I heard the hospital commandant saying that they won't evict anyone based on scars as far as it's not fresh and also my friend in course 44 SSC who had a large scar from appendicitis surgery was taken and he is a second lieutenant and planning to hang two pips before this year runs out.
Below is my own surgery sight, you won't notice it was operated on.
. Thank you brother I think I recognized you in previous post, you have actually saw the picture of my scar too, you made jest of me by saying the surgeon used cutlass, lol. Do you remember now? I wish you the best, and congratulations in advance.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by cheerokee(m): 9:56am On Dec 13, 2019
explosiveskull:
I know that feelings of being dropped during medicals, I felt it when I was dropped in course 44 SSC cos of umblical hernia, in my own case I felt like dieing, immediately I got home, it didn't take me 5 days to repair my umblical hernia and got ready for another and thank God I was shortlisted for this year DSSC course 25 interview. During medicals I was called for review with some other fellows, cos of BP, ECG, physical examination and chest x-ray, I almost fainted when I was called for review without knowing it was God that wanted to rescue me from eviction, now that weren't called for review were actually laughing at us that we are the ones to be evicted, most of us called for review were so tensed and frightened but one staff sergeant calmed us down that some of us were called cos we had no results in the medicals that instead of the army to just send us off that they felt it wise to review us.
When we got to the clinic, my own problem was that the marker used to write my chest number already cleaned out so it was impossible to identify mine, they redid mine and that was it. When they were calling the medical results, o'boy see people wey Dem comot, people that I felt had more chances than I, now this is how God does his stuff because am surprised, my BMI is 28. And I had a hole in my teeth.
Infact imo reduced from 32 to 13 even though some like 3 person's later joined up including one lady that medicals evicted but maybe connection helped her get in, she ran the next day with other that came back and fainted, she was inside the ambulance for almost 4 hours. Some people that were reviewed were still evicted.
So now am still praying to God to put my name in the final list.
Before the interview I wasn't doing any exercise like running and it took a toll on me after the 3.2km race but since I came back I've been running trying to prepare my mind for jaji.
Below is the few times I ran and am also going to run this morning after typing this.

I really admire your zeal and faith.
I pray we meet at Jaji.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
explosiveskull:

I also did a 10.11 km in 1:20mins today and may have to rest tomorrow cos my legs are finished.
Your pace is greater than mine. It is well na small small. Keep it up.
Y’all are scaring people oh. 10km? Lmao
I can’t kill myself yet. Make list show face

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by salaboiz(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
The kitchen man will be shouting,. You bastard

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
I guess this is kaduna yeah?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mayor555(m): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
Codedelaw:
I guess this is kaduna yeah?

Yes yes
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mayowa94: 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
salaboiz:
Ondo............were
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yayaadu: 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
salaboiz:

The man once beat me for back, his hand felt like Iron cry
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
OCKEHINDE:

We are on d same ship bro, 2021
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2019
sikowitz17:
boss I've not relented oooo...it's just tiring... spending money to kaduna and buying stuff..I legit left my job for it cos there was no way they were giving me 2 weeks off...but I'm still hopeful for course 47
Age is Still on my side so I can try again..the only fact is my guys that made 45 would be getting ready to hand full lieutenant by the time I'd be leaving officer cadet training...and that's if I get in for course 47..
And that's if they recruit next year too...but God knows..we wait and see..

Hope is alive.

Brother, i can imagine!

In my second missionary journey, i spent at least 100k flat. But it is still worth it.

It is a good thing your hope is still alive. Without hope, ambitions and even faith, life will be meaningless and reduced to a burden.

Also do a lot of soul-searching to ensure this is perfect path the God of your realization has destined for you.

I wish you what i would have wished myself, brother.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
How many of you remember this post of mine.
Ok, I was at Ibadan for the exercise and I'll pen down my experience soonest the past weeks has being really hell schedule wise, please bear with me.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ucheuzor1(m): 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2019
ugo4u:
Ok, I was at Ibadan for the exercise and I'll pen down my experience soonest the past weeks has being really hell schedule wise, please bear with me.

Patiently waiting
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 6:00am On Dec 14, 2019
ugo4u:
Oga Ugo gist is something na, make we Sabi where our fate dey. I don dey run since that my joints are now inflamed and sore.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 6:25am On Dec 14, 2019
OCKEHINDE:
. Thank you brother I think I recognized you in previous post, you have actually saw the picture of my scar too, you made jest of me by saying the surgeon used cutlass, lol. Do you remember now? I wish you the best, and congratulations in advance.
Hope you didn't take any of those yabs to heart cos I was actually teasing you and at same time be funny. You later on pulled out of the race? Army doesn't disqualify one cos of scars as far as it ain't fresh, do you know I saw someone wearing plaster of Paris on the neck at ibadan, there is this Lagos girl who fainted when we were sitting under the sun at command secondary school and another one with scrambled leg that was brought with ambulance to join us to do the race. I wouldn't forget that during the race some of my state girls who were suppose to be in the 4th box were given tag for 1st and 2nd box by their soldier friends, when you talk of bottom power, but na for pull up and vertical climbing amadioha punish them. One big kogi guy was given a simple job(punishment) to carry one of his legs with one hand behind and hop with the other one but this guy couldn't move a millimeter, the board secretary immediately called the attention of the pt soldiers to be aware that the guy ain't fit.
The time they were calling names for those that failed medicals, I already removed my chest number to give it to them because if you waste time removing the chest number, they'll embarrass you.
In that our psychology questioner, in the drugs section I ticked everything NO but when I went for personal psychology evaluation with major adannu or so, he was doubting that I've never smoked before so I heard to appeal to his empathy and conscience, I told him that the reason I ticked all NO is cos I don't want to be judged based on mere paperwork, that I knew I will be called and that I'll face him eventually, that I was looking up for the opportunity to defend myself as that was one of the reasons I was evicted in SSC 44, that I was trying to explain to the psychologist that the last time I smoked was in 2011 but that the psychologist still haunted me down and that am appealing to his heart not to do same, he asked me if I've taken weed before which I said no that it is only cigarettes. I was surprised that some people were called later on and their urine checked for opiods and cannabinoids but I wasn't called.
In effect, if God wants to do something for you, he doses it cleanly tht you won't stress yourself.
For now am expecting the list by 20th or 22nd of this month cos it will determine how my Christmas will be like.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 14, 2019
explosiveskull:

Hope you didn't take any of those yabs to heart cos I was actually teasing you and at same time be funny. You later on pulled out of the race? Army doesn't disqualify one cos of scars as far as it ain't fresh, do you know I saw someone wearing plaster of Paris on the neck at ibadan, there is this Lagos girl who fainted when we were sitting under the sun at command secondary school and another one with scrambled leg that was brought with ambulance to join us to do the race. I wouldn't forget that during the race some of my state girls who were suppose to be in the 4th box were given tag for 1st and 2nd box by their soldier friends, when you talk of bottom power, but na for pull up and vertical climbing amadioha punish them. One big kogi guy was given a simple job(punishment) to carry one of his legs with one hand behind and hop with the other one but this guy couldn't move a millimeter, the board secretary immediately called the attention of the pt soldiers to be aware that the guy ain't fit.
The time they were calling names for those that failed medicals, I already removed my chest number to give it to them because if you waste time removing the chest number, they'll embarrass you.
In that our psychology questioner, in the drugs section I ticked everything NO but when I went for personal psychology evaluation with major adannu or so, he was doubting that I've never smoked before so I heard to appeal to his empathy and conscience, I told him that the reason I ticked all NO is cos I don't want to be judged based on mere paperwork, that I knew I will be called and that I'll face him eventually, that I was looking up for the opportunity to defend myself as that was one of the reasons I was evicted in SSC 44, that I was trying to explain to the psychologist that the last time I smoked was in 2011 but that the psychologist still haunted me down and that am appealing to his heart not to do same, he asked me if I've taken weed before which I said no that it is only cigarettes. I was surprised that some people were called later on and their urine checked for opiods and cannabinoids but I wasn't called.
In effect, if God wants to do something for you, he doses it cleanly tht you won't stress yourself.
For now am expecting the list by 20th or 22nd of this month cos it will determine how my Christmas will be like.

U will make it Sir.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nora2018(m): 7:20am On Dec 14, 2019
sometimes I wonder if joining the army is the only way to make it in life
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2019
AirmanB:

U will make it Sir.
If you see how my heart jumped now when I read this, I just pray it favours all of us.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2019
nora2018:
sometimes I wonder if joining the army is the only way to make it in life
My dear to me I no dey sleep cos of this,
To me na only army I fit dey fulfilled for life,
Na life and death something for me.
I really need to leave where I am to where am dreaming of which is jaji

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Coolboi05(m): 9:04am On Dec 14, 2019
explosiveskull:

e say na life and death something grin
explosiveskull:

e say na life and death something .lolz

I thought I had passion for the job, but be like say my own na child's play. have rejected some offers too for the sake of army, hopefully I make the final list. May God grant us success
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by salaboiz(m): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2019
explosiveskull:

Is because you told him the truth. One of my state guy during ssc 45 told the psycho officer that he smoke before but he stop 6month again. The guy is now a 2nd Lt.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2019
salaboiz:

Is because you told him the truth. One of my state guy during ssc 45 told the psycho officer that he smoke before but he stop 6month again. The guy is now a 2nd Lt.

omo it's just because the person he told trusted him ..the female psychology captain for course 46...if you tell her that one...home you go..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2019
The army is bent on killing this passion but na lie...I must get it...if I don't get it here, I'd get it abroad...all I need to do is walk into a recruiters office in the US and it's that simple...6 weeks training...I'd join the US Marines..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Putin007: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2019
[.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slimdollar: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2019
explosiveskull:

All true..I was called back for drug test (our urine was collected and we tested it ourselves). Then the psychologist assessed it. Some of us were asked to go back and join our colleagues. While some were asked to wait behind. I later saw those ones among us. They weren't disqualified. He just wanted to affirm things
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ELJC(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2019
For those waiting for final list, you still have a chance to back out. Your family and friends love you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Codedelaw: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2019
ELJC:
For those waiting for final list, you still have a chance to back out. Your family and friends love you.
We do love our family too but the force is a way of life for some of us and the price, is always at the back of our minds. These aren’t Nigerian Soldiers Sir, they are of Niger. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2019
Coolboi05:

e say na life and death something grin
e say na life and death something .lolz

I thought I had passion for the job, but be like say my own na child's play. have rejected some offers too for the sake of army, hopefully I make the final list. May God grant us success
En go better for us and no be if we enter we go jam wetin go make us dash, we need pray against anything that will make our liver fail and dash.
Go YouTube and search how recruits are trained at Depot and watch it. It is enlightening.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2019
sikowitz17:
omo it's just because the person he told trusted him ..the female psychology captain for course 46...if you tell her that one...home you go..
I don't know why some of them are like that.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2019
ELJC:
Video or you know the rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.