Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1363341 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
undecided
5 days ?!
Even if we fight with bow and arrows, we will last longer than that now grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2020
sleuthhound:

moreover do u have any of those ur top ranked african countries having idps, insurgents running dis riot & maiming civilians & soldiers like we do? dnt get me wrong i sabi egypt & Algeria hv little pockets of insurgents
There are currently seventeen African countries involved in war, or are experiencing post-war conflict and tension. In West Africa, the countries include Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Togo. In East Africa, the countries include Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda. In Central Africa, the countries include Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda. In North Africa, the country is Algeria and in South Africa, the countries include Angola and Zimbabwe.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Putin007: 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Blueelf:

Oga, it doesn't take 4 -5 yrs striaght. Even their special forces don't take more than a year on tour. Show me a source that says their tour takes 4 to 5 years straight . And we are talking about Land military and not Navy. Stop trying to bring the US military to a level of mediocrity to justify the nonsense that the Nigerian Army has become

The US military will take over Nigeria in 5 days max (in the event of an invasion)

whatever makes you sleep at night baba! Enjoy �

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

There are currently seventeen African countries involved in war, or are experiencing post-war conflict and tension. In West Africa, the countries include Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Togo. In East Africa, the countries include Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda. In Central Africa, the countries include Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda. In North Africa, the country is Algeria and in South Africa, the countries include Angola and Zimbabwe.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO (DRC)

The war in the DRC is one of Africa’s deadliest. More than five million people have been killed in the Congolese war, according to the news agency Reuters. It began in 1998 with the involvement of about 20 different armed groups who maraud the country’s vast jungles. Many of these groups fight each other, while others from neighbouring countries use the Congolese territory to launch attacks on their home countries. Others simply exploit the country’s mineral resources, including gold, platinum and coltan fueling the various conflicts further.

Among the several armed groups are the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda; the Allied Democratic Forces, a Ugandan rebel group based in the Rwenzori Mountains of eastern Congo; the Lord’s Resistance Army, another Ugandan rebel group based along the northern border; the National Forces of Liberation, a Burundian rebel group operating in South Kivu; and the Mai-Mai militias operating in the Kivu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
sikowitz17:
whatever makes you sleep at night baba! Enjoy �

You too, Sweet dreams smiley
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 1:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Blueelf:

You too, Sweet dreams smiley
https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/peopleandpower/2015/05/chad-war-boko-haram-150520165103249.html

I hope some pple would learn & stop spreading false info abt chad & hw u were helped as Nigerians
@sikowitz17 My point is, if u truly love ur pple & what to defeat an enemy, be humble, seek help, dnt look down on ur neighbor & learn 4rm those who hv succeeded. Bragging & claiming 'best' wont help bro....God bless 9ja
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 5:03am On Jul 02, 2020
Blueelf:
Know what you are getting into

https://sendvid.com/
angry pls bro dnt assist enemies&cowards in spreading propaganda materials

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:42am On Jul 02, 2020
sleuthhound:
angry pls bro dnt assist enemies&cowards in spreading propaganda materials

I'm not but some war mongers here need to see the grim realities and prepare for any eventualities
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 6:47am On Jul 02, 2020
sleuthhound:
https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/peopleandpower/2015/05/chad-war-boko-haram-150520165103249.html

I hope some pple would learn & stop spreading false info abt chad & hw u were helped as Nigerians
@sikowitz17 My point is, if u truly love ur pple & what to defeat an enemy, be humble, seek help, dnt look down on ur neighbor & learn 4rm those who hv succeeded. Bragging & claiming 'best' wont help bro....God bless 9ja

Datz just the exact word...learn from others.
Claiming the best won't help him at all.
HV spent close to 4 decades in the barracks...yet I still learn.. Especially from Ugo4u....if he(ugo) is not clear abt issues....he also seek knowledge... Datz why he NOx more......

Last Saturday...I was wit senior men in MESS....there years of service close to 32....yet dey are still learning from each other abt the army...and I was like..whaooo....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2020
sleuthhound:

OBSERVATIONS MADE FROM THE LINK'S CONTENT...

*** The Date of the Article is May 2015, that shows to some extent that Whatever therein MIGHT NOT BE TOO RELEVANT to this present Day situation*****
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 9:57am On Jul 02, 2020
damibjs:

Datz just the exact word...learn from others.
Claiming the best won't help him at all.
HV spent close to 4 decades in the barracks...yet I still learn.. Especially from Ugo4u....if he(ugo) is not clear abt issues....he also seek knowledge... Datz why he NOx more......
God bless u for this Beautiful Piece Brother... Exactly my proposed way forward towards ending this Boko Madness

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2020
Shynaboy1:

So were you bounced for this?
No the board secretary Lt col Olasiegbe gave us two hours pass to go get it done... And those who had other issues use the avenue to go out and sort it... Plus the late Lt col Gbileve also helped us out
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2020
sikowitz17:
lol bro you want to use commercial drones to do what? Do you know the fly limit of these drones, I have a drone and I can tell you that it won’t do much really and they are basically flying targets with the noise they make while flying! This is my drone that I bought from amazon! You can’t use these for strategic military play! They sell these to kids as toys bro
I’ve not even used it in 3 months Cos why!! It’s just to fly and relax!
True, one can't do much with all these miniature drones infact it's quite embarrassing for NA to use such but with the current reality on ground and the desperate times we are in, it won't be a bad idea for small units in outposts and other isolated areas to have one atleast to increase situational awareness, this same "Toy" drones can be used by patrol unit to sweep a particular route they will follow especially roads with lots of blind spots like hills, bushes and other places that are very suitable for ambushes.
If I am a 2nd Lt/Lt, on such operations especially in the north east, Baba I no go wait for army I go get my personal kaya(drone) to enhance my job. grin pending when we have a better surveillance equipment or military class drones so preserve that ya drone you may be needing it in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

OBSERVATIONS MADE FROM THE LINK'S CONTENT...

*** The Date of the Article is May 2015, that shows to some extent that Whatever therein MIGHT NOT BE TOO RELEVANT to this present Day situation*****
i know its 2015 but dats actually a response to d bro who made false claims abt chads involvement! (recheck what he wrote).....&ofcourse its still relevant cos they were given permission by Nigeria 2 press dat deep &u saw d results! There's alot 2 learn 4rm them bro...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2020
ugo4u:

the desperate times we are in, it won't be a bad idea for small units in outposts and other isolated areas to have one atleast to increase situational awareness, this same "Toy" drones can be used by patrol unit to sweep a particular route they will follow especially roads with lots of blind spots like hills, bushes and other places that are very suitable for ambushes.
(pro-active thinking) this is also very key to saving lives! Every patrol should routes scanned ahead 2 reduce enemy ambush but my fears na IEDs & night patrols!! Very Challenging
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
sleuthhound:
(pro-active thinking) this is also very key to saving lives! Every patrol should routes scanned ahead 2 reduce enemy ambush but my fears na IEDs & night patrols!! Very Challenging

It has been said that Mraps and helicopter gunships should be the standard for transporting troops into the front lines so that ambushes cab reduce

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
Blueelf:

It has been said that Mraps and helicopter gunships should be the standard for transporting troops into the front lines so that ambushes cab reduce
Funny Enough, report has already declared that 9ja Armed Forces get Enough MRAPs as per its Custom Mass Production by PROFORCE In Ogun state and susbsequent Patronage by the 9ja Army... But the question is DOES THE WHOLE PRODUCTION PROCESS CONFORM TO THE ISO9001 STANDARD?? Seriously this country Ehnn, We s have a long way to go

And as for the Helicopter Gunships transporting Soldiers, Former 7 Division GOC once said it's presence in the battlefield will easily giveaway the Troops Location to the Enemy coz of its Loud Noise and thus The Reason why there has been Inadequate Supply of Welfare Packages to the Gallant Men in the Warzone...

Now my question is Shey Alternative No dey nii? Haba Nah make we reason am
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

Funny Enough, report has already declared that 9ja Armed Forces get Enough MRAPs as per its Custom Mass Production by PROFORCE In Ogun state and susbsequent Patronage by the 9ja Army... But the question is DOES THE WHOLE PRODUCTION PROCESS CONFORM TO THE ISO9001 STANDARD?? Seriously this country Ehnn, We s have a long way to go

And as for the Helicopter Gunships transporting Soldiers, Former 7 Division GOC once said it's presence in the battlefield will easily giveaway the Troops Location to the Enemy coz of its Loud Noise and thus The Reason why there has been Inadequate Supply of Welfare Packages to the Gallant Men in the Warzone...

Now my question is Shey Alternative No dey nii? Haba Nah make we reason am

Are you sure the MRAPS are enough? Did the supplier actually supply the amount needed? Its not new when contractors don't fulfill their and of the bargain in Naija. As for the gunships, noise ain't an excuse. Even the US military uses combat Helicopters and MrAPS as standard. That's why its called a Gunship. Engage the enemy before you're brought down

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY CADETS TO COMMENCE EXERCISE CAMP HIGHLAND 2020*

1. The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna will commence EXERCISE CAMP HIGHLAND. It is the final outdoor exercise for Army cadets of 67 Regular Course and Short Service Course 46 and is slated from 5 to 25 July 2020 at HEIPANG and SHERE HILLS, Jos, Plateau State as well as KACHIA, Kaduna State, where it will conclude with the tactical phase. The Exercise is designed to test cadets’ leadership qualities, endurance, map reading, command and control capabilities among other military competences. It is also a major platform used to ascertain the level of preparedness of final year Army cadets before their commissioning as officers in the Nigerian Armed Forces.

2. Consequently, communities living around HEIPANG and SHERE HILLS in BARKIN LADI and JOS, Plateau State respectively are not to panic on seeing unusually large movement of military personnel, vehicles and equipment in the general area from 5 to 11 July 2020. Similarly, residents of ANGWAN PATACHI, ANTAI, GADANAJI and KUTURAN BUZU in KACHIA LGA of Kaduna State will observe same movement from 11 to 25 July 2020. Locals are therefore advised to continue their daily routine activities accordingly and report any breach of security to the nearest authority.

3. Furthermore, during the 3 weeks exercise, NDA will embark on various Civil-Military Cooperation activities in the Exercise area in KACHIA and JOS. Moreso, battle inoculation which include live firing of small arms and artillery weapons will also be conducted within the general exercise area in KACHIA. Locals of ANINKWAN, INSAME and neighbouring communities are advised to please stay away from the live firing area during the period of the Exercise from 21 to 25 July 2020.

4. We wish to appeal for cooperation from local communities affected by the Exercise directly and Nigerians as a whole as we train future military leaders for our Armed Forces. Thank you for your continued cooperation.

ABUBAKAR ABDULLLAHI
Major
Academy Public Relations Officer
2 July 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2020
For now phasing out light skin vehicles e.g Innoson, Toyota Hilux, lights skin Buffaloes etc and going for Mraps, IFVs, APCs and other amoured platforms etc is the only realistic possibility for now. The NA don't have the financial muscle to fund the establishment of a fully functional combat aviation unit, the day politicians deem it fit to prioritize our defence budget that's the day things will start to change for good, most of our defence budget e.g 2019 went on recurrent expenditure just a fraction is for capital projects and acquisition of equipments, even at that not all was approved. We should just "dead" the idea of getting helo gunship for the army for now and focus on replacing all light skin vehicles for armoured version. We will need atleast a $200m to start up an aviation unit with say 2 light attack helicopters and 2 transport helo with complement of armaments, technicians, Pilots and infrastructure to house the machine, this is aside budgeting for regular maintenance, fueling and other logistics, half of that money will go a long way in buying state of the art equipments/vehicles the army needs. Infact with $100m we can get over 200units of category 2 MRAPs, including Big foot variants etc from America, remember American toys are premium, if we look towards China we can get a copy of their machines for half the amount.
We can also look towards eastern Europe to get some of these machines which are cheaper there even most have being decommissioned in those countries we will get them at giveaway prices, they'll be very useful here(North east).
Then we may give Proforce, DICON and Innoson huge contracts to mass produce armoured vehicles (Long-term project).
If we must use Hilux and other open roof vehicles then it should be the armoured version.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Abeg why Nigeria government no fit tell NAF say make dem go bomb those mad and crazy insurgents 4 Sabimsa forest once and for all now. Abeg make una tell me why e no fit dey possible abeg. I don loose three good friends since that useless insurgency started undecided
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please get what done? Like change the affidavit or what?
Ramirezsarki:

No the board secretary Lt col Olasiegbe gave us two hours pass to go get it done... And those who had other issues use the avenue to go out and sort it... Plus the late Lt col Gbileve also helped us out
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
ugo4u:
For now phasing out light skin vehicles e.g Innoson, Toyota Hilux, lights skin Buffaloes etc and going for Mraps, IFVs, APCs and other amoured platforms etc is the only realistic possibility for now. The NA don't have the financial muscle to fund the establishment of a fully functional combat aviation unit, the day politicians deem it fit to prioritize our defence budget that's the day things will start to change for good, most of our defence budget e.g 2019 went on recurrent expenditure just a fraction is for capital projects and acquisition of equipments, even at that not all was approved. We should just "dead" the idea of getting helo gunship for the army for now and focus on replacing all light skin vehicles for armoured version. We will need atleast a $200m to start up an aviation unit with say 2 light attack helicopters and 2 transport helo with complement of armaments, technicians, Pilots and infrastructure to house the machine, this is aside budgeting for regular maintenance, fueling and other logistics, half of that money will go a long way in buying state of the art equipments/vehicles the army needs. Infact with $100m we can get over 200units of category 2 MRAPs, including Big foot variants etc from America, remember American toys are premium, if we look towards China we can get a copy of their machines for half the amount.
We can also look towards eastern Europe to get some of these machines which are cheaper there even most have being decommissioned in those countries we will get them at giveaway prices, they'll be very useful here(North east).
Then we may give Proforce, DICON and Innoson huge contracts to mass produce armoured vehicles (Long-term project).
If we must use Hilux and other open roof vehicles then it should be the armoured version.

Bros, I expect you to know better...

OK, what has the service chiefs dine with the budget given to it so far?

What if the counter-insurgency funds given to it?

If they can't be faithful with little, do you think increasing the defence budget will do any better?

Firstly, a prove must be undertaken to ascertain how the defence budget has been expended (from 2013 till date).

Then, we can talk about increasing the budget

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
ugo4u:
The NA don't have the financial muscle to fund the establishment of a fully functional combat aviation unit, the day politicians deem it fit to prioritize our defence budget that's the day things will start to change for good, most of our defence budget e.g 2019 went on recurrent expenditure just a fraction is for capital projects and acquisition of equipments, even at that not all was approved.
Brother, 14.20 billion Naira was the Total amount Earmarked for the Capital Expenditure from the Total 438.23 billion budgeted for the Nigerian Army Last year... Are We now saying 14.20 billion is ABRUPTLY USELESS in securing Battle Equipment and Machineries for the Army??.... Just like blueelf have earlier said, What About Carrying out a Thorough Audit on how the Army have spent the Allocated 14.20 billion Naira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

Brother, 14.20 billion Naira was the Total amount Earmarked for the Capital Expenditure from the Total 438.23 billion budgeted for the Nigerian Army Last year... Are We now saying 14.20 billion is ABRUPTLY USELESS in securing Battle Equipment and Machineries for the Army??.... Just like blueelf have earlier said, What About Carrying out a Thorough Audit on how the Army have spent the Allocated 14.20 billion Naira
In the like manner, 408.40 billion Naira that was Equally earmarked for personnel cost (Salaries, Wages, Commission etc etc) sef get big question Mark coz How we wan take sure sey THE KILLED-IN-ACTION OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS SALARIES AREN'T BEING SIPHONED BY THE HIGHER AUTHORITIES......

And SirUgo4U, as for ur Claim that NOT ALL THE QUOTED FIGURE IN THE BUDGET WAS APPROVED, I Seriously doubt that coz I'm Not Sure THERE WAS/HAS BEEN ANY FORM OF OUTCRY BY THE ARMY on Social Media....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Blueelf:

Bros, I expect you to know better...

OK, what has the service chiefs dine with the budget given to it so far?

What if the counter-insurgency funds given to it?

If they can't be faithful with little, do you think increasing the defence budget will do any better?

Firstly, a prove must be undertaken to ascertain how the defence budget has been expended (from 2013 till date).

Then, we can talk about increasing the budget

In my own honest assessment/opinion they've done alot especially the Airforce, though there is room for improvement. Let's forget about NN/NAF and focus on the Army for context sake.
We budgeted over N870bn for defence for 2020 fiscal year this includes all security agencies ranging from the NIA, NAF, Police, Civil-Defence, Navy etc of that money 90% goes into recurrent expenditure (paying salaries/over head costs) only about 10% about N10bn was budgeted for capital projects .
Now of that N870bn the army gets the highest which is N438.3bn of which only N14bn was earmarked for capital projects(buying equipments, kitting personnel, building residential apartments etc).
For your 1st question I can't answer as I am not in the army, talkmore of being their spokesperson but if you've being following the strides of NA of recent in acquisition of various platforms e.g the multi-million dollar deal with Innoson/Proforce for vehicles, the heavy funds that went into Army research/production which birthed the Ezugwu Mrap, the mass enlistment/recruitment of Nigerians, it's worthy of note that the NA has doubled its capacity in training officers/men both in Depot Zaria and NDA/Jaji serious work is still going on to expand training facilities. There are many things they've done with their tight budget they've even established Cyber warfare dept, Army University, and new divisions etc. Earlier today you were talking about army getting MRAPs and helicopters for transportation do you know how much one Mrap cost? same for helicopter gunship abi na inside N14bn you wan use buy all those machines? Ok let me help you, 1 Unit of Mrap goes for as high as $200k, lets forget about Mraps sef and talk about Toyota Hilux, a brand new Hilux cost about $40,000 this is aside retooling them to be fit for purpose how many you wan buy inside N14bn? The Ezugwu Mrap which is locally produced by the army costs about N80m per unit do the maths. As for the much taunted gunships one Gazelle light attack Helo which the army is most likely to go for if at all they'll activate their Aviation unit goes for about $500k a unit this is aside getting very expensive ammunitions, training technicians, Pilots and other crew. You sef reason am.
Whether all these project is commesurate with their spending is best left for auditors and not outsiders like us to pontificate on.
We all like to talk about the efficiency of the Chadians but what we fail to realise that Chad spends about $2bn annually on defense.
War is expensive especially counter-insurgency, you don't fund your military from the normal budget, it won't work, you don't build an army in wartime, it's during peace time nations, build their military. After the civil war, our leaders began to systematically prune the army infact IBB deliberately weakened the military to protect his regime from coup in the guise that keeping a large army isn't necessary during peacetime, this is where we are today. The army plan to recruit 100k men within 10yrs, had it being we invested continuously on our military say 20yrs ago by now it would have being a different story.
In summary, we can't put all the blame on the army, the amount of money spent on defense in most cases is directly proportional to the results you get in the field, you don't buy a danfo and expect it to perform like that of your neighbor that invested in a Maserati e no go balance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

In the like manner, 408.40 billion Naira that was Equally earmarked for personnel cost (Salaries, Wages, Commission etc etc) sef get big question Mark coz How we wan take sure sey THE KILLED-IN-ACTION OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS SALARIES AREN'T BEING SIPHONED BY THE HIGHER AUTHORITIES......

And SirUgo4U, as for ur Claim that NOT ALL THE QUOTED FIGURE IN THE BUDGET WAS APPROVED, I Seriously doubt that coz I'm Not Sure THERE WAS/HAS BEEN ANY FORM OF OUTCRY BY THE ARMY on Social Media ....
I laugh at the bolded.
You expect the army to complain on social media? grin e be like say una never know the kind organisation una wan enter, the army is like a secret cult they'll never disclose such information to the public except the senate committee chairman on army make it public, if for nothing else atleast for security reasons.
N14bn is about $36m it might be a big money to you but believe you me as far as defence is concerned that's a chicken change.
Customs budgeted about N1.6bn for recruitment of about 3200 men. Now picture the army into this, about 4900 recruits passed out last week from depot, over a thousand will passout in NDA/Jaji this year alone, how much do you think will go in on training alone?
whilst I agree that spending should be audited from time to time (which I believe is being done) we should also come to terms that getting caches of ammunitions is prohibitively expensive and we aren't doing enough to fund the military.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
I had no idea our army is that underfunded. I just hope I get a good Ak and enough magazines when I get posted.

By the way, is it allowed to use terrorist guns and ammunition on the battlefield, I mean, after neutralizing them ofcourse
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
SpecialAgent:
I had no idea our army is that underfunded. I just hope I get a good Ak and enough magazines when I get posted.

By the way, is it allowed to use terrorist guns and ammunition on the battlefield, I mean, after neutralizing them ofcourse
Try enter first...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
SpecialAgent:

All Enemy Military Equipment Captured or Found on a battlefield is known as WAR BOOTY and becomes the property of the capturing State.... The practice of military forces converting captured enemy warequipment for their own use is recognised by LOAC (Law of Armed Conflict)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 03, 2020
It's obvious youngies and kids plenty here, the kind thing I dey read for here ehh! grin honestly Ugo4u get patience dey even respond.
Some of una never even enter una don begin talk about this una childhood fantasy of building machines, changing the military, bla bla bla even one person talk say he wants to go into bullet proof research for army grin grin grin grin una want to take laugh kill person, I swear all of una no well.
Your goal now should be to try and get yourself shortlisted and eventually make camp all this shalaye ko necessary na when una enter una go know how far even the guy wey to go fight Bokoharam dey hungry grin wtf!! Wetin una dey smoke sef?
Funny men.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: horlatunji00(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.