Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1375298 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2020
Bifrost:
Somebody here is angry that some people are criticizing the army for some of their actions yet are begging to join the army.

So because someone wants to join the army, they should support the atrocities being committed by the army?

On a related note, I just saw a video on Twitter of a Nigeria army personnel flogging a lady in Peere, Ibadan on account of "indecent dressing" and I'm disappointed. https://twitter.com/STermined/status/1323032849835020293?s=19

The bar of the Nigerian army is below the Mariana trench.
So it’s all the officers and men of the Nigerian army that went to beat the girl For indecent dressing? Or the beating is army sanctioned? Did you forgot to add that they’ve been arrested since last night and would face a court martial in the coming week? You can keep condemning the actions al you want.. but don’t smile to NASB and be telling them how it’s passion you have to do the job..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2020
Bifrost:
Somebody here is angry that some people are criticizing the army for some of their actions yet are begging to join the army.

So because someone wants to join the army, they should support the atrocities being committed by the army?

On a related note, I just saw a video on Twitter of a Nigeria army personnel flogging a lady in Peere, Ibadan on account of "indecent dressing" and I'm disappointed. https://twitter.com/STermined/status/1323032849835020293?s=19

The bar of the Nigerian army is below the Mariana trench.
since you can't tag me let me tag you. English is easy to understand. Very easy. If you actually read the comments above and my comments on criticising and still begging to join then I don't know.

Secondly I schooled in ibadan and anybody that stays in ibadan knows they have something called operation Burst which comprises of soldiers ,police and civil defense backed by the state government and their sole job is actually to do this rubbish. Asin that's what the government does. As a student in ibadan then there were hairstyles you couldn't carry it they cut your hair except operation Burst doesn't see you. The system (state government) gave this order and those officers are only enforcing it. I'm sure seyi makinde will/should have stopped such things. Just know Ajimobi knew what operation burst was doing and backed it completely and openly. Ask ibadan people. That doesn't mean the act is good or being defended but get to know the root of things before passing hasty emotional judgements

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2020
eclipsehemmy:
since you can't tag me let me tag you. English is easy to understand. Very easy. If you actually read the comments above and my comments on criticising and still begging to join then I don't know.

Secondly I schooled in ibadan and anybody that stays in ibadan knows they have something called operation Burst which comprises of soldiers ,police and civil defense backed by the state government and their sole job is actually to do this rubbish. Asin that's what the government does. As a student in ibadan then there were hairstyles you couldn't carry it they cut your hair except operation Burst doesn't see you. The system (state government) gave this order and those officers are only enforcing it. I'm sure seyi makinde will/should have stopped such things. Just know Ajimobi knew what operation burst was doing and backed it completely and openly. Ask ibadan people. That doesn't mean the act is good or being defended but get to know the root of things before passing hasty emotional judgements
it was ajimobi that gave them orders like that bro.. so they carried it on.. now this happened and immediately the case was reported to Seyi.. he immediately called the commander and the man reach out to the captain of that unit.. the soldiers were arrested immediately.. he forgot to add that one..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2020
sikowitz17:
So it’s all the officers and men of the Nigerian army that went to beat the girl For indecent dressing? Or the beating is army sanctioned? Did you forgot to add that they’ve been arrested since last night and would face a court martial in the coming week? You can keep condemning the actions al you want.. but don’t smile to NASB and be telling them how it’s passion you have to do the job..
Asin people wer go go underground dey find connection just to find way enter go dey online dey form woke whereas inside dem, dem go do anything Asin anything to get in...... rubbish o.....most of them dey meet the wrong set of soldiers always or decide to follow one side of social media or just being fake emotional online warriors.... Soldiers dey die daily for this job, families for barracks dey suffer including officers family. People go just wake up read only the bad part of the stories on social media and dey insult army wen soldiers and officers dey North East, North Central even south south dey die anyhow .

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2020
sikowitz17:
it was ajimobi that gave them orders like that bro.. so they carried it on.. now this happened and immediately the case was reported to Seyi.. he immediately called the commander and the man reach out to the captain of that unit.. the soldiers were arrested immediately.. he forgot to add that one..
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:59am On Nov 02, 2020
eclipsehemmy:
Asin people wer go go underground dey find connection just to find way enter go dey online dey form woke whereas inside dem, dem go do anything Asin anything to get in...... rubbish o.....most of them dey meet the wrong set of soldiers always or decide to follow one side of social media or just being fake emotional online warriors.... Soldiers dey die daily for this job, families for barracks dey suffer including officers family. People go just wake up read only the bad part of the stories on social media and dey insult army wen soldiers and officers dey North East, North Central even south south dey die anyhow .
See ehn bro on this Nairaland, I’ve decided to allow everybody yarn their mathers.. a couple of officers have messaged me on WhatsApp to stop replying some people here especially that New dehli guy.. somebody gave me comprehensive gist about the guy yesterday so I understand why he’s angry at the military.. allow people to yarn bro.. my own is they should not come here to demoralize Intending candidates who have committed to be the change they want in the system..Nigeria go better, Nigeria go better but they’ll be the first to openly condemn her in public..
List will come out now they’ll be shouting it’s godfatherism.. it’s not free and fair.. meanwhile you don’t know the universe is watching.. “you can’t pick every opportunity to condemn good and want to enjoy good things”.. it’ll never come..

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:04am On Nov 02, 2020
You people just expect the army to be one flawless organization like it’s not humans that run it.. the US you are always quick to compare us to.. you know how many drone strikes they’ve taken that killed innocent women and children, how many seals were sent to prison for killing innocent Iraqis women and children, or how army and marines were sent to prison for killing innocent civilians and placing guns and bombs at the feet of the innocent dead person... you won’t see that one on the news.. it’s the one they came for and was successful that you’ll carry on your lead like pure water..

My family and friends didn’t die for you in the north east to come and be chopping this disrespect you keep showing them here..out very own HS BUBA from this Nairaland was shot 6 times in the back for trying to help a child he encountered on the field when gun fire started..

Please if you always have negative things to say or bring to our attention here.. Don’t do this job.. cos you’ll fuk up and we’d be waiting to treat your fuk up...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2020
I don't even understand this thread. So because others countries military have flops too, no one should condemn Nigeria Army or what's the fuse all about? Should people give them accolades when they are not doing some things right? We all have brothers in the army too. What is bad is bad. Poor orientation of the military about human right is excessive and also turned to ordinary tool in the hand of politicians. Respect should be earned and not demanded. Any slight opportunity you are always happy to pull the trigger at citizens and you want them to sing rankadede of you.

Condemning the military is not a crime or a sin.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2020
Just yesterday at ibadan this guy was moving jejely on his own on a bike. soldiers flagged him down, flogged him, barbed his hair with scissors and still asked him to bring money for barbing. Nigeria soldiers never see anything o. An End soldiers brutality is something they wouldn't wish for coz it will be messier than this endsars x 100. When I see videos like this , I just wish I was there coz I'll never watch a human dehumanize another human. Morning my presence. Na person wey go first die between two of us we go dey look

https://twitter.com/STermined/status/1323046821669834759?s=20

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2020
eclipsehemmy:
Nobody forced them into the job. I didn't beg anybody to go and protect me or die for me. You got yourself into it voluntarily nobody forced you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2020
Truly Southwest people too dey fear army. See as eveerbody just dey look the girl helplessly.

All this nonsense they can never try it in the niger delta. They will go back to their barracks in a coffin.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Valleys(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2020
For some of us singing the patriotic anthem, I wish you all the best. For the fact somebody is being realistic doesn't make the person unpatriotic. In fact there is a misconception about realism and optimism.
They are brothers actually.

When you say you want to change the system, first of all know what you want to change. The Nigerian Army is part of Nigeria and you should know the history of Nigeria first before you even think of changing it. Of course we are all educated to some extent.

This country was built on falsehood from inception. Look at this scenario: President buhari promised and assured us all of restructuring of the system, you can see how he has been able to do so. He may have good intentions but there's always a group that will take charge. It's called the Cabal.

You are in a battle field and something (death) happens to your senior or so, and the authorities deny such death ever happened and no recognition is accorded the officer. My question is, what does it do to your psychology? Is it that of good or bad? Remember commitment to a course is determined by events like this. A country that you know doesn't value human life.

Look at NE deployment, some godfathers shield their peeps from being sent to that zone. Why some overstay there. These are morale killers.

After singing the passion anthem, when reality strikes, the things that propel you is personal ambitions. This is where the condition of the country comes to play. Poor health care, comatose education and the likes. When you remember there's little or no favourable housing policy, and you know that with your Salary you cannot build your own house even as a Major.
Here comes corruption. You see? It's not easy to change a system.

However, I don't think it's wise to speak ill of the military that you want to join but when they do wrong, it's only good to talk about it the way it is without being hypocritical.

I have been around military Barracks for over a decade. Officers renovate their houses themselves. Even other ranks quarters took ages before they thought it wise to renovate it for them. What I am saying is, there should be benefits for fighting for your country. Is there something like discounts in big malls for the immediate family of these guys. There are things government can implement without spending a dime. Guess what? The ruling class don't care.

I once visited 44 for a health check. Common malaria drugs I was told to buy outside. You know why? Because I went there based on the fact that I am a dependent. So, I didn't pay. That means I don't deserve the drugs but the senior men children will get it.

All in all, I wish you all the best. My younger brother is on this table, we pray for the best.
I only pray for a mutation of mindset among Nigerians. For that's what we need to make this country move forward.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2020
eclipsehemmy:

Clearly you're the one passing emotional judgements, I didn't even mention you, I made a generic statement, a lot of people here have been defending the excesses of the army, but you chose to be spokesman to quote me.

Did you watch the Twitter video? Is that man an army personnel or not?
What justification is there to harass people based on their dressing when there's no official dress code in the constitution.

You're still here defending rubbish, talking about English is easy to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2020
sikowitz17:

I have read your comments on how you claim you're are willing to change things when you get in there and how incoming personnel should have that mindset since in the next 30+ years you all will be the ones running things.

I very much doubt that , not with this mindset you all carry believing the army can do no wrong and because one is applying, he should keep quiet and not condemn the excesses of the army.

Same army that'll scream "fake news" on a post and go on to admit it when push comes to shove.

I wish you well, I hope you all become the officers you've all always dreamed of.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sportwin(m): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2020
Hello all is a certificate from a university in benin republic accepted for ssc /dssc ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2020
sikowitz17:

So a governor can give orders to the army? LOL

Same army that another Governor, Governor Sanwo Olu claims he doesn't have the power to order.

You say the soldiers have been arrested like you believe it yourself. Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2020
Bifrost:

Clearly you're the one passing emotional judgements, I didn't even mention you, I made a generic statement, a lot of people here have been defending the excesses of the army, but you chose to be spokesman to quote me.

Did you watch the Twitter video? Is that man an army personnel or not?
What justification is there to harass people based on their dressing when there's no official dress code in the constitution.

You're still here defending rubbish, talking about English is easy to understand.
English is really hard to comprehend. Show me one place I justified or defended anything in my comments. I showed you the root of the rubbish behavior and clearly explained it to you. But because you have that myopic view already you refuse to read and understand. Everybody has a right to dress which and what ever way they choose. I hope you read and understand this clearly

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2020
sikowitz17:

You don't know me, so your comment "but don't smile to NASB and be telling them how it's passion you have to the job..." doesn't even make any sense to me.

This is my first time applying, and quite frankly, with all I've observed in the past weeks, LOL. I won't waste my time to proceed with the exercise. It was never a do or die affair for me.

I wish you all well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2020
eclipsehemmy:
English is really hard to comprehend. Show me one place I justified or defended anything in my comments. I showed you the root of the rubbish behavior and clearly explained it to you. But because you have that myopic view already you refuse to read and understand. Everybody has a right to dress which and what ever way they choose. I hope you read and understand this clearly

You see your problem. You're taking a generic stament I made personal.

You can keep throwing the word "comprehend" around. That's your business.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:07am On Nov 02, 2020
Bifrost:

You don't know me, so your comment "but don't smile to NASB and be telling them how it's passion you have to the job..." doesn't even make any sense to me.

This is my first time applying, and quite frankly, with all I've observed in the past week, LOL. I won't waste my time to proceed with the exercise. It was never a do or die affair for me.

I wish you all well.

But you keep coming back to the Nigerian army thread to drop hot takes.. and you aren’t interested again.. lol it’s fine.. see you at the top

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kyngfarabale1(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2020
I'm beginning to get tired of dis army bla bla bla........ any news

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
NewDelhi:

Lmao.. even me don handle a seargent before. No be mouth, he wasn't even as strong as I anticipated.

Abi na when I dey Abuja I last 3 years wey one bouncer handle 3 captains inside club lol. I was live at the scene and from their conversation they were even RC captains for that matter. Can't remember what happened but an argument ensued between a customer and the 3 captains. The customer went to call one bouncer. That one came and the captains started bragging say them go turn the bar upside down, they go do this and that lol. The bouncer got infuriated and beat 3 of them the pulp no jokes.. it was a very funny scene. As expected they returned back to barracks to carry full battalion come back the bar but fortunately a very senior officer was already there too and he was the one that settle the matter. It's a very popular bar/club i no go mention the name here.

I went to Reno's tweet and was seeing how people dey hype army, saying shits like buratai na field officer, he go beat Reno, ordinary terma3 cadet go beat reno etc.. Remember say the same Reno sef na black belt holder for martial arts.. He go too beat buratai to pulp.. na only uniform power and rifle dey ginger Nigerian soldiers whether u be RC, SSC or RRI. One on one combat, boys dey beat them like fowl for street.

Hello sir.

Could you please refrain from insulting our collective sensibility? It would have been better if you called us out and insulted us explicitly than feeding us this nonsensical account. Why nau?

I would have let it slide if you had said 1 Captain. 2 Captains would even be a hard pill to swallow. But you shattered the table by saying 3! Then capped it all by saying that a Senior officer witnessed the entire event and did nothing even after discovering that they were Captains.

Guy why?

You think winning a fight is by muscle and broad chest? Do you think a muscular man will swing punches as fast as a man who is slender, and trained for that matter? Muscular men rely on their grappling strength. Land them blows from a distance professionally and watch how they will keep charging at you like a bull to grab you. I am muscular myself, so i speak out of direct experience.

When i was serving, the military instructor (a soldier) taught us how best to defend ourselves in hand to hand combat and when taken unawares from the back. They taught us how to target soft spots and deal maximum damage to our assailant. If a soldier that is expendable can be so grounded in combat techniques, how much more an officer on whose shoulders the fate of men lies? The officers would simply surround the Bouncer and deal him deadly blows to his soft tissues.

I have noticed how hard you have been trying to undermine the Nigerian Army, but this is way to derogatory. Please desist from this show of shame so that the authorities dont find you and deal with you decisively.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kyngfarabale1:
after first training which other training army dey do again....... nothing .....i fit beat army one on one

And these are the same set of people struggling to join the same Army they are bringing to disrepute.

Sad

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kyngfarabale1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
odimbannamdi:

And these are the same set of people struggling to join the same Army they are bringing to disrepute.

Sad
funny Abi...... Hahahahhahahha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Sad

Free diz guys. Dat his statement alone.. made me giv up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Hello sir.

Could you please refrain from insulting our collective sensibility? It would have been better if you called us out and insulted us explicitly than feeding us this nonsensical account. Why nau?

I would have let it slide if you had said 1 Captain. 2 Captains would even be a hard pill to swallow. But you shattered the table by saying 3! Then capped it all by saying that a Senior officer witnessed the entire event and did nothing even after discovering that they were Captains.

Guy why?

You think winning a fight is by muscle and broad chest? Do you think a muscular man will swing punches as fast as a man who is slender, and trained for that matter? Muscular men rely on their grappling strength. Land them blows from a distance professionally and watch how they will keep charging at you like a bull to grab you. I am muscular myself, so i speak out of direct experience.

When i was serving, the military instructor (a soldier) taught us how best to defend ourselves in hand to hand combat and when taken unawares from the back. They taught us how to target soft spots and deal maximum damage to our assailant. If a soldier that is expendable can be so grounded in combat techniques, how much more an officer on whose shoulders the fate of men lies? The officers would simply surround the Bouncer and deal him deadly blows to his soft tissues.

I have noticed how hard you have been trying to undermine the Nigerian Army, but this is way to derogatory. Please desist from this show of shame so that the authorities dont find you and deal with you decisively.

3 captain from wu bassey... How? Sm statement dont need response. Make una free diz guyz.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Hello sir.

Guy why?

See as this one dey talk soft spot like say me sef don't know "soft spot lol". I know where to land a blow on your neck that will make you instantly blurry and dizzy for a few seconds. You dey shout soft spots lol... See infact no difference between soldiers and all those mumu cultists for street. Only difference na camo and riflen infact military na legalized fraternity. Cultist wey go collect constant beating for several hours yet e no die dey born any soldier papa well to go through such ordeal? Soft spot ko soft porn ni

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2020
damibjs:

3 captain from wu bassey... How? Sm statement dont need response. Make una free diz guyz.
It happened live an direct no be say dem tell me. NDA RC captains that are barely 26-30 years of age very tiny and slim , they look like something wey breeze fit blow why a full grown bouncer no go handle 3 of them at once . Don't you know how big some of those bouncers can be? They are body builders just like the picture below of Hakeem Williams.. You con dey tell me say three captains wan beat these type of person.. he go handle them with one hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Brozz... Officers in NA dont fight...get ur fact right
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NewDelhi(m): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kyngfarabale1:
after first training which other training army dey do again....... nothing .....i fit beat army one on one
No mind them. The way they hype them like say their bones are made of steel. The particular captains I was talking about were something if the size below. Even me go massacre this one effortlessly. They were beaten black and blue. I just dey one corner dey laugh. They think they can just enter anywhere to be Harassing Civilians or to dey form "do you know who I am " .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Koes: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
NewDelhi:

See as this one dey talk soft spot like say me sef don't know "soft spot lol". I know where to land a blow on your neck that will make you instantly blurry and dizzy for a few seconds. You dey shout soft spots lol... See infact no difference between soldiers and all those mumu cultists for street. Only difference na camo and riflen infact military na legalized fraternity. Cultist wey go collect constant beating for several hours yet e no die dey born any soldier papa well to go through such ordeal? Soft spot ko soft porn ni
common stop dere biko hv been reading d nonsense u are saying since yesterday. U dey compare soldier to cultist abeg which planet u take come 4rm self, stop d trash biko nd focus on gud things. I hope u are not going for dis job because is not by cause u can't make it. If u don't hv something gud to talk abt again u can leave d thread for gud aahhba

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.