Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

The Ijaws That I Know - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijaws That I Know (16713 Views)

When Ijaws Speak, Igbos Should Know When To Respectfully Keep Quiet / Who The Ijaws Really Are. / History Of The Ijaws And Their Neighbours In Sourthern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 11:45am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Another ignorant clown.

Eastern Obolo and Ibeno people of Akwa Ibom are what? You should learn how to READ and stop being clownish. That we don't beat our chest doesn't mean we don't knw our status.

www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/11/07/oil-communities-allege-marginalization-by-aibom/
Clueless cluesou, i open your clownish link and what i saw was ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. Btw, eastern obollo and ibeno language is Oron and oron is a riverine community in akwa ibom don't come and teach me my tribe. The only distinct tribe in Akwa ibom is IGBO, yet the igbos does not chest beats about it. What about the ijaws in cross river una no claim that one too, make thunder knock for your door now, igbos wey dey there no the chest beat. Ijaw dey rivers, bayelsa, ondo and delta. Capish

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:48am On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

I am not ibibio and your Google claim is a lie, We have nothing in-common with Ijaw's and your link is bogus.

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life."
www.aksgonline.com.ws033.alentus.com/lga.aspx?qrID=ibeno
www.helloakwaibom.com/ibeno-lga/

Who are the Obolo/Andoni people? Are they not of Eastern Ijaw?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by martineverest(m): 11:48am On Jan 21, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

Ur papa might be lazy, mine is not. Average my foot. We are HARDWORKING
your ancestors are lazy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:

[s]Clueless cluesou, i open your clownish link and what i saw was ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. Btw, eastern obollo and ibeno language is Oron and oron is a riverine community in akwa ibom don't come and teach me my tribe. The only distinct tribe in Akwa ibom is IGBO, yet the igbos does not chest beats about it. What about the ijaws in cross river una no claim that one too, make thunder knock for your door now, igbos wey dey there no the chest beat. Ijaw dey rivers, bayelsa, ondo and delta. Capish[/s]
You better change your browser.... www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/11/07/oil-communities-allege-marginalization-by-aibom/
TonyeBarcanista:

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life."

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You better change your browser.... www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/11/07/oil-communities-allege-marginalization-by-aibom/

Abeg how many people dey experience this tin. The page still no work. And about obolo you see say them say no mixture of efik, ibibio, ijaw and igbo. So i no know how una own obolo since igbo join, the other link, abeg that woman name look ijaw to you? The other link they talk of rivers no akwa ibom and finally i no even open that wiki link cuz i knw say na fraud e be. Wiki can be modified, shebi you know.

6 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

There are no Ijaw's in Akwa Ibom and Cross River state. Stop claiming other peoples land to avoid trouble stay in your side. Our states were carefully created to ensure that only our people live in it, Efik, Ibibio, Ananng, Oron, Eket, Obolo. None of us are ijaw. Leave us out of your fights and land grabs...
tell them o..
But bro, I once heard that the people of ibeno in akwa ibom mixed with ijaws. Is that true?
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Farnsworth: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Editing wikipedia is not hard. This is my origin and we are not Ijaw. People from other parts of the country are claiming us to be part of their tribe when we say we are not... you have probably never been to ibeno, you don't know our traditions or values yet we are somehow ijaw... Your claims only succeed in amusing us, you can do and independent DNA forecast.

12 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Farnsworth: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
tell them o..
But bro, I once heard that the people of ibeno in akwa ibom mixed with ijaws. Is that true?

the only other distinct group we have in Akwa Ibom is a bit of Igbo, I am not sure about the mixed, but we are all a little bit mixed in the sub-region from wars, conquest and peace deals etc., but that doesn't make us ijaw.

3 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

Editing wikipedia is not hard. This is my origin and we are not Ijaw. People from other parts of the country are claiming us to be part of their tribe when we say we are not... you have probably never been to ibeno, you don't know our traditions or values yet we are somehow ijaw... Your claims on succeed in amusing us, you can do and independent DNA forecast.

You should stop dwelling in ignorance. I have advised you to make use of google. Do you think Obolo/Andoni is only in AKS? It is also in Rivers state. Have you bothered to ask where Western Ibeno is?

The Andoni are situated in present day Rivers and Awka-Ibom States. By the evidence of traditional history, the Andoni are descended from Ayama the son of Tara (Tarakiri) who was left with Kala-Okun at Igbedi creek. The migrating ancestors are mentioned as Asara or Asa founder of Asarama, Ifop, Edeh or Edabiri, Alama and Abah to name a few. They left the Igbedi creek area at an early stage taking with them the title \"Indo Oru\" which they remembered and gave to their priest rulers. The title \"Indo Oru\" was later corrupted to \"Ando Oru\", while during their sojourn NI was added to give the term \"Andoni Oru\". Leaving the central delta the early ancestors made their way through creeks and swamps felling trees to cross the waterways. They first encamped for sometime in the southeastern region before moving into the delta. Their first settlement was called Ayama after their ancestor. The site of Ayama was the site of Peterside in Ibani or Bonny town. They stayed here for centuries manufacturing salt for the interior markets before moving. It was from Ayama that Asarama (i.e. Asara \'s town) was founded. A second group moved on to the southern Cameroons and Calabar region. It was here that they inter-married with Bantu speaking people. Approximately around the 12th century AD these Andoni made a return journey into the Niger Delta and settled at Egwede, where they sited their national emblem called Oyobolo (Obolo). Further migration patterns were caused by the repeating conflicts with the Ibani (Beni or Bonny to Europeans), as a result of the slave raiding confusion of those times. From the site of Peterside they moved eastwards to the Rio Real, then to Asarama-Toru, then further east to Okoma the site, which is opposite the present town. Again we state that the old settlement was the site of Peterside in Bonny which was called Ayama (or old Asarama). Asarama being the oldest of the Andoni towns. And other Andoni towns including Ayangala, while Alabie was the other name for Egwede. In the 1940\'s the chief title of the Andoni native court judge was still Andoni Oru, acknowledging the ancestral connection to Indo-Oru the original title of father Ujo the ancestor of Ijo people. The Andoni no longer speak the original Ijo language. The foundation of Andoni is between 10th and 12th century AD
References:
Alagoa E J. - A History of the Niger Delta - An historical interpretation of Ijo oral traditions. (1972 University of Ibadan Press).

Owonaro S K - The History of Ijo and her Neighbouring tribes in Nigeria. (1949 Niger printing Press Lagos).

Eneyo S.-The Andoni Monarchy. (1991 Riverside communications).

www.wikiedit.org/Nigeria/Asarama/2399628/

Clearly, you aren't an Ibeno person.

2 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

[s]the only other distinct group we have in Akwa Ibom is a bit of Igbo, I am not sure about the mixed, but we are all a little bit mixed in the sub-region from wars, conquest and peace deals etc., but that doesn't make us ijaw.[/s]
You are clearly an IGBO impostor grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Google the emboldened....

Also add Eastern Ibeno people grin grin grin
do you mean eastern obollo cos there is nothing like eastern ibeno in akwa ibom state but we have ibeno in akwa ibom state as a new local gvt recognised in 1996.
They have mixed ancestry bro and they intermarried with eket people and they also have their own internal language called ibeno.
I recently visited a place called upenekang in ibeno local gvt area, one of the elders told me, they have mixed ancestry from ijaws majorly,ghana and Cameroon.
Those days, the people of eket(ibibio) gave those tribes(ijaws,ghana) lands to fish, from there, instead of going back to their place to get a wife, they decided to pick a wife from eket. That was how few portion of ijaws came to settled down at ibeno. And if you go ibeno, you will see a giant mobil oil company there close to atlantic ocean.

They don't speaks ijaw language in ibeno but some forms of corrupted languages of eket,ijaws,ghana and cameroun cos if you asks them what language is that? They will tell you it s ibeno language.

Eastern obollo- from what I heard abt them, they re supposed to be in rivers state but they put some portion of them in akwa ibom state just like the igbos.
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:

[s]Abeg how many people dey experience this tin. The page still no work. And about obolo you see say them say no mixture of efik, ibibio, ijaw and igbo. So i no know how una own obolo since igbo join, the other link, abeg that woman name look ijaw to you? The other link they talk of rivers no akwa ibom and finally i no even open that wiki link cuz i knw say na fraud e be. Wiki can be modified, shebi you know[/s].
Thats because you can't read.

1. Ibeno/Obolo People are basically of Andoni/Obolo origin(Akwa Ibom website)

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life. "

2. You aren't smart to see that Andoni people are also inRivers state. It is the home of Tele Ikuru, former Dep Gov of Rivers state and Uche Secondus, incumbent PDP agChairman. Lol
100% Ijaw.

The Andoni are situated in present day Rivers and Awka-Ibom States. By the evidence of traditional history, the Andoni are descended from Ayama the son of Tara (Tarakiri) who was left with Kala-Okun at Igbedi creek. The migrating ancestors are mentioned as Asara or Asa founder of Asarama, Ifop, Edeh or Edabiri, Alama and Abah to name a few. They left the Igbedi creek area at an early stage taking with them the title \"Indo Oru\" which they remembered and gave to their priest rulers. The title \"Indo Oru\" was later corrupted to \"Ando Oru\", while during their sojourn NI was added to give the term \"Andoni Oru\". Leaving the central delta the early ancestors made their way through creeks and swamps felling trees to cross the waterways. They first encamped for sometime in the southeastern region before moving into the delta. Their first settlement was called Ayama after their ancestor. The site of Ayama was the site of Peterside in Ibani or Bonny town. They stayed here for centuries manufacturing salt for the interior markets before moving. It was from Ayama that Asarama (i.e. Asara \'s town) was founded. A second group moved on to the southern Cameroons and Calabar region. It was here that they inter-married with Bantu speaking people. Approximately around the 12th century AD these Andoni made a return journey into the Niger Delta and settled at Egwede, where they sited their national emblem called Oyobolo (Obolo). Further migration patterns were caused by the repeating conflicts with the Ibani (Beni or Bonny to Europeans), as a result of the slave raiding confusion of those times. From the site of Peterside they moved eastwards to the Rio Real, then to Asarama-Toru, then further east to Okoma the site, which is opposite the present town. Again we state that the old settlement was the site of Peterside in Bonny which was called Ayama (or old Asarama). Asarama being the oldest of the Andoni towns. And other Andoni towns including Ayangala, while Alabie was the other name for Egwede. In the 1940\'s the chief title of the Andoni native court judge was still Andoni Oru, acknowledging the ancestral connection to Indo-Oru the original title of father Ujo the ancestor of Ijo people. The Andoni no longer speak the original Ijo language. The foundation of Andoni is between 10th and 12th century AD
References:
Alagoa E J. - A History of the Niger Delta - An historical interpretation of Ijo oral traditions. (1972 University of Ibadan Press).

Owonaro S K - The History of Ijo and her Neighbouring tribes in Nigeria. (1949 Niger printing Press Lagos).

Stop mentioning Igbo because there are no Igbos in Andoni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by odogwu125: 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2016

3 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
do you mean eastern obollo cos there is nothing like eastern ibeno in akwa ibom state but we have ibeno in akwa ibom state as a new local gvt recognised in 1996.
They have mixed ancestry bro and they intermarried with eket people and they also have their own internal language called ibeno.
I recently visited a place called upenekang in ibeno local gvt area, one of the elders told me, they have mixed ancestry from ijaws majorly,ghana and Cameroon.
Those days, the people of eket(ibibio) gave those tribes(ijaws,ghana) lands to fish, from there, instead of going back to their place to get a wife, they decided to pick a wife from eket. That was how few portion of ijaws came to settled down at ibeno. And if you go ibeno, you will see a giant mobil oil company there close to atlantic ocean.

They don't speaks ijaw language in ibeno but some forms of corrupted languages of eket,ijaws,ghana and cameroun cos if you asks them what language is that? They will tell you it s ibeno language.

Eastern obollo- from what I heard abt them, they re supposed to be in rivers state but they put some portion of them in akwa ibom state just like the igbos.
All these na cock-and-bull story.

Ibeno people are ancestrally linked to Obollos/Andonis that are both in Rivers and Akwa Ibom state. This is an established FACT! They are MAJORLY Ijaws from all historical evidence. Eket didn't give anybody land, the lands that they are on is their ancestral land. Who was the Eket man that gave out land to the Obollos?

PS: There is nothing like "Ijaw language". Ijaw has no central language. I am Okrikan, our language is Kirike/Wakrike. It is similar to those in Western Ijaw like Kalabari and co. Ibeno is of Eastern Ijaw, the language is similar to that of Andoni(rivers state). The Apois(Ondo states) speak language that sound like Yoruba. Edwin Clark's dialect sound similar to Urhobo. I wish Ijaw have central dialect though.

2 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life. "

2. You aren't smart to see that Andoni people are also inRivers state. It is the home of Tele Ikuru, former Dep Gov of Rivers state and Uche Secondus, incumbent PDP agChairman. Lol
100% Ijaw.

References:

Uche secondus 100% ijaw? Roflmao. Please what is the meaning of uche in ijaw abeg. Plus your link states that obolo is a mixture of 4 languages efik ibibio ijaw and igbo, hence no of this tribe can claim obolo is their's hope you get it. Andoni you mention please tell me when i mention andoni is igbo or you shut your mouth forever. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Uche secondus 100% ijaw? Roflmao. Please what is the meaning of uche in ijaw abeg. Plus your link states that obolo is a mixture of 4 languages efik ibibio ijaw and igbo, hence no of this tribe can claim obolo is their's hope you get it. Andoni you mention please tell me when i mention andoni is igbo or you shut your mouth forever. Thank you.
Where in the link did you see that Obolo is mixed? Qhuote it let us see.

As for Uche Secondus, that a man bears Uche doesn't make him Igbo. Is ROTIMI Amaechi a Yorubaman? Is Ubima a Yoruba people? Is Solomon an Ijaw clan name? Is "Government" Ijaw name?

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Guy you are dull. Is that the best you can bring.
TonyeBarcanista:

Where in the link did you see that Obolo is mixed? Qhuote it let us see.

As for Uche Secondus, that a man bears Uche doesn't make him Igbo. Is ROTIMI Amaechi a Yorubaman? Is Ubima a Yoruba people? Is Solomon an Ijaw clan name? Is "Government" Ijaw name?
What is amaechi full name? Does ubima sound yoruba to you? Is uche an ijaw name or secondus ijaw too? Note secondus no be igbo before you mumu urself. Is government an ijaw name? This one self provote me, complete olodo na him them they call your type.

11 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by SupremeXYZ(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
spanishkid:
Ijaws are the riverine people of Southern Nigeria. They live by the waters cos they're mainly fishermen by tradition. Ijaws can be found in Bayelsa, Delta, Edo,Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Ondo and even a fraction of them can be found in Benin Republic, Togo, Sierra Leone and Gabon. They're no doubt great travellers and very adventurous in nature.

Ijaws are one of the most detribalised ethnic groups in Nigeria. I remember when I was in Burutu last year, I was treated as one of them. One would not even be able to distinguish an indigene and myself cos I was treated like an indigene and given every privilege that was entitled to an Indigene. Whenever they go fishing, we were given fish and we always have fish pepper soup that day. The Chairman of that LGA always comes to check on us and even shares a drink with us. The youngest lawmaker in the history of Nigeria is an ijaw man by name Julius Pondi representing Burutu Federal Constituency. Ijaws are one of the most accommodating people in Nigeria and also ijaws are very brave. They're not afraid to take on anyone.

Someone on nairaland called ijaws land grabbers, boat dwellers, swamp settlers and drunken fishermen. How are ijaws land grabbers? Have they grabbed your land before? Ugomba should stop saying nonsense and calling my ijaw brothers land grabbers. Ugomba accused the ijaws of having an agenda. Please what agenda Ugomba? Why would ijaw want to grab your wastelands? Does your land have any economic value that ijaws would want to grab?

Cc: tonyebarcanista, truckpusher, martineverest, simplycarro, princedebola201, mulattoclaro, Goodboiyy, fineguy11 etc.
you are madt.achililu.

6 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:
Guy you are dull. Is that the best you can bring.
What is amaechi full name? Does ubima sound yoruba to you? Is uche an ijaw name or secondus ijaw too? Note secondus no be igbo before you mumu urself. Is government an ijaw name? This one self provote me, complete olodo na him them they call your type.
Secondus is Igbo name... Is James Manager Ijaw saunding name? Is Jonathan "Azikiwe" an Igboman? Is "Gowon" an Ijaw name? Does Andoni sound Igbo?

Abeg shift! Always looking for where to attach cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by SupremeXYZ(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

There are no Ijaw's in Akwa Ibom and Cross River state. Stop claiming other peoples land to avoid trouble stay in your side. Our states were carefully created to ensure that only our people live in it, Efik, Ibibio, Ananng, Oron, Eket, Obolo. None of us are ijaw. Leave us out of your fights and land grabs...
i have warned those bastards severally,but they wouldn't hear. Ijaw should touch any part of our land,lets see what they are made of.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by SupremeXYZ(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Google the emboldened....

Also add Eastern Ibeno people grin grin grin
[/s] low-life,you can rant all you want on internet.am waiting for you. Shebi na google go tell us who we are?.ok!

14 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Gozzzy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Honestly, the most tribalistic nyashhole, i av ever seen on this nairaland, is this tonyebarcanista of a boy. The boy, always feels he knows all, when we all know the truth about him.....NB: no insult intended o!!! Adighi ama ama, one mod e mee m 30, na this forum ozo kwa.

9 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
Your Iti don enter another level.
TonyeBarcanista:

Secondus is Igbo name... Is James Manager Ijaw saunding name? Is Jonathan "Azikiwe" an Igboman? Is "Gowon" an Ijaw name? Does Andoni sound Igbo?

Abeg shift! Always looking for where to attach cheesy
I think i told you not to mumu yourself when i said secondus no be igbo name still you went ahead to look like a FOOL.
Gowon is from berom everybody knows that.
Is it we that told jonathan to add azikiwe to his name?
Who said andoni is igbo sounding?

4 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

Lol.

The op is foolish enough to expose the ijaws expansionism agenda the more....

Ijaws have no foothold in any state of Nigeria...
They should go and try Kenya...
Our lands are not up for grabs...

6 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Clueless cluesou, i open your clownish link and what i saw was ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. Btw, eastern obollo and ibeno language is Oron and oron is a riverine community in akwa ibom don't come and teach me my tribe. The only distinct tribe in Akwa ibom is IGBO, yet the igbos does not chest beats about it. What about the ijaws in cross river una no claim that one too, make thunder knock for your door now, igbos wey dey there no the chest beat. Ijaw dey rivers, bayelsa, ondo and delta. Capish

So there are Igbos in akwaibom...
Wow... Learnt something new today...

3 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

All these na cock-and-bull story.

Ibeno people are ancestrally linked to Obollos/Andonis that are both in Rivers and Akwa Ibom state. This is an established FACT! They are MAJORLY Ijaws from all historical evidence. Eket didn't give anybody land, the lands that they are on is their ancestral land. Who was the Eket man that gave out land to the Obollos?

PS: There is nothing like "Ijaw language". Ijaw has no central language. I am Okrikan, our language is Kirike/Wakrike. It is similar to those in Western Ijaw like Kalabari and co. Ibeno is of Eastern Ijaw, the language is similar to that of Andoni(rivers state). The Apois(Ondo states) speak language that sound like Yoruba. Edwin Clark's dialect sound similar to Urhobo. I wish Ijaw have central dialect though.
Its pathetic that ijaw people don't have one central language. Very soon, as time goes on. They won't see themselves as a brother nor a sister.

Just as your link trace the ibeno of akwa ibom to eastern obollo/andoni of rivers state. Funny enough, I met one eastern obollo woman in ibeno area then who told me they re not related to ibeno cos they don't have the same language and cannot understand themselves that their lifestyles is different from them and she s from eastern obollo, rivers state.
You guys should make efforts to create one central language.
Even the people of okrika where you came from see themselves more of igbo than ijaws cos their grand mothers re igbos.
Some of the people in okrika/ibeno/eastern obollo due to high level of ignorance don't even know they re partly ijaws .
Nawa o.

9 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

100% Ijaw.

References:

And andoni Is not ijaw... Stop the grabbing.... Lol.
You will always be busted....
This thread in fact was made to expose you the more and you fell yakata inside it...
Ntoor...

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by SupremeXYZ(m): 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

U aren't Ibeno and you are arguing. I can bet that you are Ibibio. If eastern Obolo and Ibeno says that they are Ijaws, I wonder why you won't give up. Google should help you.

Where do you think Western obolo is? Who do you think the Andonis(Rivers state) are?

Educate yourself with this
www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/11/07/oil-communities-allege-marginalization-by-aibom/

[/s]you will die on top our matter.it is not by force to be ijaw. Leave us alone. I just feel like laying my hands on you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
Its pathetic that ijaw people don't have one central language. Very soon, as time goes on. They won't see themselves as a brother nor a sister.

Just as your link trace the ibeno of akwa ibom to eastern obollo/andoni of rivers state. Funny enough, I met one eastern obollo woman in ibeno area then who told me they re not related to ibeno cos they don't have the same language and cannot understand themselves that their lifestyles is different from them and she s from eastern obollo, rivers state.
You guys should make efforts to create one central language.
Even the people of okrika where you came from [s]see themselves more of igbo than ijaws cos their grand mothers re igbos.
Some of the people in okrika/ibeno/eastern obollo due to high level of ignorance don't even know they re partly ijaw[/s]
Nawa o.
Nonsense! You didn't meet anybody. Which Okrika man or women told you is is more of Igbo than Ijaw? You and Afam with una lieeeees!

Okrika is 100% Ijaw of Western Ijaw clan. That's my hommie and stop talking nonsense. Okrikans see themselves first as Okrikans and next Ijaw. This is because Ijaw kingdoms are autonomous. Okrikand/Andoni are not "partly Ijaw", we are FULL Ijaw.

BTW: we also married from Calabar, Ikwerre, Ogoni, etc and not just Igbo. Make I no provoke o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by SupremeXYZ(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Another ignorant clown.

Eastern Obolo and Ibeno people of Akwa Ibom are what? You should learn how to READ and stop being clownish. That we don't beat our chest doesn't mean we don't knw our status.

[/s] www.wikipedia.org/wiki/obolo_people

i want everybody to read that article.

Please,that Andoni people (who can't be said to be outrightly ijaws),migrated to our land,doesn't make them the owners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by vanbonattel: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

U aren't Ibeno and you are arguing. I can bet that you are Ibibio. If eastern Obolo and Ibeno says that they are Ijaws, I wonder why you won't give up. Google should help you.

Where do you think Western obolo is? Who do you think the Andonis(Rivers state) are?

Educate yourself with this

I dunno why some land grabbers will be claiming peoples land by force. This is unfortunate!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by vanbonattel: 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nonsense! You didn't meet anybody. Which Okrika man or women told you is is more of Igbo than Ijaw? You and Afam with una lieeeees!

Okrika is 100% Ijaw of Western Ijaw clan. That's my hommie and stop talking nonsense. Okrikans see themselves first as Okrikans and next Ijaw. This is because Ijaw kingdoms are autonomous. Okrikand/Andoni are not "partly Ijaw", we are FULL Ijaw.

BTW: we also married from Calabar, Ikwerre, Ogoni, etc and not just Igbo. Make I no provoke o.

All land thieves will be prosecuted by EFCC. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igogo Festival Shuts Down Akure City / Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? / Cultural Preservation And Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.