Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Lodge Your Complaints Here - Islam for Muslims (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lodge Your Complaints Here (28866 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Go Down)

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
Funny how you didnt ban me, if you truly felt that my post was offensive.

Please ban me.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
Funny how you didnt ban me, if you truly felt that my post was offensive.

Please ban me.

"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam."
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
reversed psychology.

what does that mean again?
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
deols now a moderator? hmm.

Anyway lets see how it goes. Im sure some excesses of tunji may be tamed now even deols too is also 'passionate' about Islam.

Mukina2
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
toba: deols now a moderator? hmm.

Anyway lets see how it goes. Im sure some excesses of tunji may be tamed now even deols too is also 'passionate' about Islam.

Mukina2

lol....Deols is a female maclatunji, dont be deceived.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

lol....Deols is a female maclatunji, dont be deceived.

u dont know about the two xters more than i do. Deols is not as 'passionate' as tunji grin
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
toba: u dont know about the two xters more than i do. Deols is not as 'passionate' as tunji grin

Same difference. It would be like arguing the better of cancer or AIDs....both are bad news

or like

Hitler and Stalin
Vampire and werewolf

1 Like

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 7:05am On Feb 15, 2013
logicboy, because I didnt ban you, you decided to slander. I know you wanted the ban so you could start a blackmail.

I know the game very well and you know what, I always win.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 9:05am On Feb 15, 2013
deols: logicboy, because I didnt ban you, you decided to slander. I know you wanted the ban so you could start a blackmail.

I know the game very well and you know what, I always win.

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by snubish: 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
"to avoid being banned, please ensure your post is not offensive to Islam"
I'll want to appeal to Seun who supposedly put this warning up to please remove it. the section was perfect as it was, why try to improve on it. its enough for the section to be seperate after Seun reported being threatened but most people don't see that. the section says Islam for muslims only, the moderators are not hesistant to warn and subsequently ban perceived offenders, there is a rules and regulation thread. in short, frankly, the above caption is highly unnecessary. it only further portrays the image of Islam as an intolerant religion. CNN and co. are doing enough of that, NL should not join pls.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
^LOL. I love your eloquence though.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by snubish: 12:24am On Feb 17, 2013
pls I really meant the post, kindly help appeal to seun, mac. I'm going to bed.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 7:02am On Feb 17, 2013
snubish: pls I really meant the post, kindly help appeal to seun, mac. I'm going to bed.

I know you do but I am looking at things from a wider point of view. You see there are times when you just have to allow people act on their biases and prejudices. Otherwise, they will not be satisfied.

After creating Islam for Muslims section. Non-Muslims still had a problem, after putting that notice here, they still have problem.

That should show you that they will always have a problem with Islam/Muslims. As Muslims, it is up to us to maintain our dignity or try to bend to people who will never be pleased with us until we forsake our religion (God forbid) or we care less about Islam and continually seek to please them (God forbid).

No need for long notes, this is the crux of the matter.

As for presenting your case to Seun, personally I find it inefficient to be sending individual messages to him. Hence, you have two viable options:

1. Send a direct message to him via his profile.

2. Create a thread with your post that will have more contributions from other Muslims

I am sure he will see it and even if he doesn't, I will personally forward it to him.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Snubish: I'm sorry about the way your request was dismissed by my representative in this section. I understand your concerns about how the warning portrays Islam. However, I think it's a small price to pay for keeping Christian and Atheist trolls and other haters of Islam out of the Islam section. It's better for them to be warned than for them to be banned. I wish you a great week!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Seun! Why did I get banned?
Please give me a good reason.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Seun: Snubish: I'm sorry about the way your request was dismissed by my representative in this section. I understand your concerns about how the warning portrays Islam. However, I think it's a small price to pay for keeping Christian and Atheist trolls and other haters of Islam out of the Islam section. It's better for them to be warned than for them to be banned. I wish you a great week!
Seun
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by vedaxcool(m): 11:28am On Feb 18, 2013
Seun: Snubish: I'm sorry about the way your request was dismissed by my representative in this section. I understand your concerns about how the warning portrays Islam. However, I think it's a small price to pay for keeping Christian and Atheist trolls and other haters of Islam out of the Islam section. It's better for them to be warned than for them to be banned. I wish you a great week!

Ehen I thought so, you fooled the haterz and trolls and they were all jubilant that you took a jab at Muslims; ,may the spaghetti monster bless you; the trolls and haterz went wild when they read this;
Seun:
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

when I read the above I was very "disturbed" and spent "days" not lasting more a microsecond wandering why Seun would hurl such invectives against muslims, a man people mistake to be a muslim? I feel sorry for this guy though:

Deep Sight:

Perfect response!

Enough said! This statement alone is a complete indictment of Muslims on this forum and shows the view that the owner of the Forum has of Muslim discussants.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/993470_Who_cares_png1de465f101f2c621b0764b22bbdeb14d_jpge497203ddd9e705da92b6b3652cf6bfa

1 Like

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2013
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by snubish: 10:32am On Feb 19, 2013
ah Seun, no hard feelings really; I'm okay with mac addressing me precisely and directly without pretensions. still, I feel the section was perfect as it was without the additional warning.

2 Likes

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2013
snubish: ah Seun, no hard feelings really; I'm okay with mac addressing me precisely and directly without pretensions. still, I feel the section was perfect as it was without the additional warning.

Thank you my brother. #LOL

1 Like

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by vedaxcool(m): 10:39am On Feb 19, 2013
toba: grin grin grin Is this you? shocked shocked shocked i thought you're a black man lipsrsealed

pele oh, if at your age you do not know Ahmadinejad the Iranian president grin grin grin . . . ignorance is very embarrassing . . .anyway how is life going on as a cafe attendant, hope you you no too burn oga browsing credit? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This guy is a proud cafe attendant!
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Seun(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2013
snubish: ah Seun, no hard feelings really; I'm okay with mac addressing me precisely and directly without pretensions. still, I feel the section was perfect as it was without the additional warning.
The section may have been perfect for you, but it was not perfect for the people who got banned because they were not fully informed.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Seun(m): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2013
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.
Quite a few muslims have felt that what I meant above is that muslims are violent. This was not what I meant to say, but my words came out wrong. Most muslims I have interacted with are very nice & gentle and not violent or aggressive. For example, mukina2, Jarus, deols, and maybe maclatunji. But the problem is that in the muslim community, there are quite a few extremists who tend to react aggressively to any perceived insult against Islam. Someone suggested that a holy prophet would marry a beauty queen and people were killed. Someone in Europe published a satirical cartoon and people were killed. We do not want Nairaland to be responsible for such deaths. That's why we have to warn people.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
Seun:
Quite a few muslims have felt that what I meant above is that muslims are violent. This was not what I meant to say, but my words came out wrong. Most muslims I have interacted with are very nice & gentle and not violent or aggressive. For example, mukina2, Jarus, deols, and maybe maclatunji. But the problem is that in the muslim community, there are quite a few extremists who tend to react aggressively to any perceived insult against Islam. Someone suggested that a holy prophet would marry beauty queen and people were killed. Someone in Europe published a satirical cartoon and people were killed. We do not want Nairaland to be responsible for such deaths. That's why we have to warn people.

grin grin grin
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
Seun ur post dosen't really ans d issue.Question is in who's interest is d warning?
D violent muslims(if i use ur words) or d christain trolls?
@vedaxcool..nt here 2 correct any1 bt bro pls tone it down.your portrayal of Toba goes against d Prophet's

2 Likes

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
teaching(SAW) that we aren't allowed to make jest of people or make fun of them,their jobs. That the others do it dosent mean we fall into the trap of abusing back or name calling. may GOD help us all.Jazakum
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by vedaxcool(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
^^^
Amin
on the contrary the guy in the pix isn't toba, i am only indicating that the guy is proud of his job, as toba seems to suffer both from egotism and low self esteem, and he should learn to be proud (proud as in contented) of what or who he is!

On Seun, by now you should know he speaks from both sides of his mouth, I mean banning seems to be unfair only when you are banned in the Islamic section, this quote says it all, most people don't even know what NL rules are

diluminati:

emphasis mine, i think there is a problem with the forum rules. thats the first time i'm reading that and all i can do is shake my head. there is no clarity here. guess we are all zombies abi

https://www.nairaland.com/1195331/avoid-being-banned-please-ensure/3#14333409

eventually when they get banned it becomes the fault of the moderator or muslims!
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
Vedaxcool, your post about a person's job is inappropriate.

You should not be making fun of people in that way.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Sweet.

Or is it a coincidence that muslims are finally complaining about Vedaxcool's abusive comments?

Anyways, this is great. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1195636/story-behind-avoid-getting-banned/1#14333215
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
^ Vedaxcool is good for this section, we need people like him... There are times where people have to be direct with some of you guys. Vedaxcool does that well. He gives out what is given to him.

Stop gloating!!

1 Like

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
MacDaddy01: Sweet.

Or is it a coincidence that muslims are finally complaining about Vedaxcool's abusive comments?

Anyways, this is great. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1195636/story-behind-avoid-getting-banned/1#14333215

Oga... Freedom of Expression does not translate to freedom to abuse other peoples belief system also.

They have a right to their belief system and you owe them a right to respect such beliefs.

So please take note...
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by MacDaddy01: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ Vedaxcool is good for this section, we need people like him... There are times where people have to be direct with some of you guys. Vedaxcool does that well. He gives out what is given to him.

Stop gloating!!

I am disappointed Tbaba.

You are better than that. Using your fellow muslim as an attack dog to hurl abuse at kaffir and unbelievers?

Is this the behaviour expected from the ummah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28)

#EndSARS: Protests, Demonstrations And Civil Disobedience In The Light Of Islam / Faced With Sexual Desires Or Have Wet Dreams & You Are Unmarried?learn From This / President Uhuru Pauses His Speech During The Call To Prayer (adhaan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.