Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Lodge Your Complaints Here - Islam for Muslims (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lodge Your Complaints Here (28929 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Go Down)

Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 05, 2013
Dear Wonderful Mods; Deols and Maclatunji,

U may wish to suggest this beautiful thread to the first page as it would served as continuos education for muslims and non-muslims on Islam perspective on Insurgency......

www.nairaland.com/1247465/amnesty-bokoharam-quran

Thanks!!!
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2013
olawalebabs: the mods should look into the case of sticked thread on this section. Threads that worth it will always remain.

You should be clear. which thread? the singles?, hadith of the day?
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by olawalebabs(m): 9:54am On Apr 05, 2013
maclatunji:

Which ones do you think ought to be removed?

deols:

You should be clear. which thread? the singles?, hadith of the day?

https://www.nairaland.com/topicmodlog?topic=1242159

https://www.nairaland.com/topicmodlog?topic=1242169

https://www.nairaland.com/226235/barka-jumaah

If they deserve to be on the first page, they will always be
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 10:26am On Apr 05, 2013
The third one was put there by a superior officer. I avoid overiding my peers talkless of my oga. As for the other two, we will look into it.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 10:30am On Apr 05, 2013
I didnt understand this question at first.I thought you wanted more topics sticky. I can see that the links are from d mod logs.

Is it that you don't want non mods to see what it is, in which case the PM might be a good way to explain what I think to u. But if u don't mind me explaining here, I'd just go ahead and do.

well, after we would have looked into it cheesy
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 10:51am On Apr 05, 2013
deols: I didnt understand this question at first.I thought you wanted more topics sticky. I can see that the links are from d mod logs.

Is it that you don't want non mods to see what it is, in which case the PM might be a good way to explain what I think to u. But if u don't mind me explaining here, I'd just go ahead and do.

well, after we would have looked into it cheesy

You have mail
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/moderators
maclatunji:

You have mail
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Salam

Can I please know why my post on this thread was hidden?

https://www.nairaland.com/1242169/ask-questions-islam-muslims-here
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
wa alaykum salam
answers are not accommodated on d thread. It is written in d OP.

fellis: Salam

Can I please know why my post on this thread was hidden?

https://www.nairaland.com/1242169/ask-questions-islam-muslims-here
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
deols: wa alaykum salam
answers are not accommodated on d thread. It is written in d OP.

But my post was a question....
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
fellis: But my post was a question....

I'll check it. I think you quoted an answer previously provided on the thread
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
deols:

I'll check it. I think you quoted an answer previously provided on the thread

I did quote an answer. I understand now, don't worry you can leave it hidden smiley
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
fellis:

I did quote an answer. I understand now, don't worry you can leave it hidden smiley

I have modified it..smiley
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
^ Cool
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Stalwert: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1177010/hoaxes-fabrications

please could my vedaxcool id be unbanned and my post unhidden the it was canned by the spambot!

Thank you.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by deols(f): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2013
done
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by Stalwert: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1177010/hoaxes-fabrications

please could my vedaxcool id be unbanned and my post unhidden the it was canned again by the spambot!

Thank you.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
Can this thread be made a sticky? I just scanned through it and I think the information is really valuable even for me as the writer... It is too valuable a thread not to be one... Hopefully, some people will take the time to read.... Plus seeing it all the time would remind me of unfinished business..

It is your discretion, i am just suggesting...

https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2013
tbaba1234: Can this thread be made a sticky? I just scanned through it and I think the information is really valuable even for me as the writer... It is too valuable a thread not to be one... Hopefully, some people will take the time to read.... Plus seeing it all the time would remind me of unfinished business..

It is your discretion, i am just suggesting...

https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran

I say no to your request my brother. Great thread but not sticky material. People will find a thread from so many routes. So, the thread is still active and useful.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2013
Ok

What is sticky material?
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 9:30am On Apr 13, 2013
tbaba1234: Ok

What is sticky material?

Threads that contain information or are meant to generate information that the moderators or superior officers consider important for the users and visitors to this section. In addition, threads such as Library threads are stickied as part of Nairaland policy.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2013
Ok, so you have read through the thread and consider the information not important enough for users on this section? ? Really? ?

A better position would be that not every thread can be sticky. Not it is not sticky material. There are many really valuable threads that should be in there as well based on your explanation. What information does barka jumaah thread offer to make it sticky? We have a hadith thread not there.

If you say, you can not place every thread on there .. it is understandable. Not it is not sticky material because that indicates that you have read through the thread and the information is not valuable enough.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2013
^Call it whatever name and explain it to yourself in whatever way you will understand.

Thank you.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2013
I have only used your definition, you should learn to address people properly.

A lot of hardwork was put into that thread. Do not tell me that the information has no important value for users of this section. It is not a fair statement and it is not true.

Anyway. .
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 11:22am On Apr 13, 2013
tbaba1234: I have only used your definition, you should learn to address people properly.

A lot of hardwork was put into that thread. Do not tell me that the information has no important value for users of this section. It is not a fair statement and it is not true.

Anyway. .

Your very important thread cannot be stickied because quite frankly it is not important enough. What shall we say is our reason for stickying it? Tbaba insisted it should be there?

Ok, you did tafsir and we appreciate it but let your thread get the exposure that it gets instead of throwing a tantrum because you don't have your way.

There are way more important threads that have either been unstickied or not stickied at all. If anybody should complain about thread exposure in this section, it should not be you.

The day you open a thread that is sticky-worthy, we may just do that. Until then, respect my discretion.

Thank you.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2013
I respect your discretion, I have not insisted that it is put up there. Where did you get that from? I made a suggestion which could easily have been rejected without saying it is not important. You are missing the point.

Pray tell, what very important information does a barka jumaah thread have? My grouse with you is not if it should be there or not. You dismissed it saying, it has no value for users ....

That is not the way to addresss people. Do not tell me I wasted my time working on a thread that has no value for readers . I wonder how an explanation of Allah's book could be so unimportant on the islamic section.

There are many great threads that could also be there as well There are much better ways to reject a request than telling a person that it is not important enough. Hope you understand what I am saying.

The problem is the dismissive attitude not the action.If you knew how much effort went into that thread maybe you would understand how insensitive your statement is, and not try and pass it off as tbaba wanting his way.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
^Awwwwwww.. I apologise if my responses came across as being dismissive. Of course your threads and efforts are important.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by snubish: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Mac and Tbaba, kindly settle this thing outside nl, pls.

Mac, Tbaba is upset with your manner of refusing his request, not the act of refusal. surely you can see this.
some people are already rejoicing.
ps: I am not expecting any reply to this comment. salam.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
Mr mac, weeks of sleepless nights were spent typing that unimportant thread. That is in addition to other responsibilities in my life. No one is trying to manipulate you. It is your duty. I am sure you have rejected many requests of mine, have i thrown a 'tantrum' Speak to people nicely.

..... speak good words to all people .... (Surah 2:83)

It was a perfect storm and it was just the wrong time for that kind of statement but I read the Quran earlier and i saw some people were gloating so I have to disappoint them.

Abu bakr is back.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by snubish: 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
lol @ Abu bakr is back. salam akhee. smiley
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by maclatunji: 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
tbaba1234: Mr mac, weeks of sleepless nights were spent typing that unimportant thread. That is in addition to other responsibilities in my life. No one is trying to manipulate you. It is your duty. I am sure you have rejected many requests of mine, have i thrown a 'tantrum' Speak to people nicely.

..... speak good words to all people .... (Surah 2:83)

It was a perfect storm and it was just the wrong time for that kind of statement but I read the Quran earlier and i saw some people were gloating so I have to disappoint them.

Abu bakr is back.

I never said your thread was unimportant, that was you infering stuff. You need to put things in proper context. Even if it took you 5 seconds to create a thread, it is important as your right to express yourself provided it is within the rules.

You sabi sulk sha. Never let other people's opinions define your actions. Surely, you know I was not trying to run your efforts down.

It was just a breakdown in communication. Let me clear some issues.

The Islam for Muslims section is perhaps the most difficult section to moderate on Nairaland because it combines religious knowledge with technical duties and the need to curb religious bigots, trolls and narrow-minded people.

Different threads have different advantages and ways of managing them- some should be posted on front page, some are not, some should be stickied, others should not and so on.

You attacked the Barka Jumah thread and that is just wrong. That thread is meant for Muslims to share lessons from Jumah and share Friday greetings as well. At the very least, it prevents duplication of 'greeting' threads on Friday.

Anyways, welcome back and sorry for any pain my responses may have caused you but you should know by now that my firmness/bluntness bear no malintent.
Re: Lodge Your Complaints Here by tbaba1234: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
Read through again:

i. Mac, Can you add this thread?

ii. No it is not sticky material.

iii. ok. What is sticky material??

iv. Material that have value to readers..

v. Why can't you just say, there are many threads and all can not be accomodated.. What you just implied is that the thread has no value. Because based on that radar, the barka jumuah shouldn't even be there. There are many threads with much higher value.

vi. Call it whatever name and explain it to yourself in whatever way you will understand. (LIke seriously)?

vii. You can not just say that a thread has no value, it is not a fair statement.

viii. Your very important thread cannot be stickied becaus[b]e quite frankly it is not important enough[/b]. What shall we say is our reason for stickying it? Tbaba insisted it should be there?

Was the question here about sticking a thread? I can't believe you are trying to justify your statements

There are way more important threads that have either been unstickied or not stickied at all.

The day you open a thread that is sticky-worthy, we may just do that.

Are you trying to justify the garbage above??

The day i open a thread that is sticky worthy?

It is not important enough

Read through your statements again!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28)

#EndSARS: Protests, Demonstrations And Civil Disobedience In The Light Of Islam / Faced With Sexual Desires Or Have Wet Dreams & You Are Unmarried?learn From This / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.