Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? (16705 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. / Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
miqos02:

take this man's advice, he is a pro
He won't he is buhari

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by samuelchimmy(m): 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Are you looking for convenience or pain? If convenience, get auto!!! If pain, get manual!!!
lie! The reverse is the case.
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by calculusx(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
Manual tranny is the best not only for taxi business but personal use alike except for places like Lagos where traffic can make one go mad, manual transmission isn't advisable
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by fapcrook(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nicepoker:
Semi automatic.
dry response....keep it up
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
samuelchimmy:
lie! The reverse is the case.

So a driver on a 15 hour shift, driving a manual transmission is not punishing him or herself?
Imagine the extra effort clutching down and changing gears and rethink your answer!!!!

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nicepoker(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
fapcrook:
dry response....keep it up
as if u are not aware of 6 and 7 speed semi automatic transmission.

2 Likes

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by itsmayiela(m): 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP, Why not apologize to Siena? He is British Nigerian automobile expert and most especially, the best on this forum.

Look before you leap pls.

4 Likes

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by chidyke77(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
blackberlin:
@Siena...

Bro just pardon him... he doesn't know you... LOL

Is he God? He should hv answered him or leave him.,smtimes few guys here feel like god here to be worshipped.No hatred bt he's used to snubbing and making u look stupid.

9 Likes

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Electronzeez(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
I would advise you go for manual . A taxi driver is suppose to be a proffesional so the synergy of the gears and pedals should not be a problem to you . the fact that it allows for push to start is an advantage .

I personally love manual transmission vehicle , I like touching my gear lever everytime.

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Electronzeez:
I would advise you go for manual . A taxi driver is suppose to be a proffesional so the synergy of the gears and pedals should not be a problem to you . the fact that it allows for push to start is an advantage .

I personally love manual transmission vehicle , I like touching my gear lever everytime.

Your response makes me laugh, till my belle hurts. So a taxi driver pushing his taxi to start is a positive thing?
Manual transmission is good, for the pleasure driver and not in job mode!!!

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Electronzeez(m): 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Your response makes me laugh, till my belle hurts. So a taxi driver pushing his taxi to start is a positive thing?
Manual transmission is good, for the pleasure driver and not in job mode!!!

grin
If he would run his taxi bussiness in Lagos then its positive . if lasma or road safety hama you once you will know what I am talking .
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
Electronzeez:

grin
If he would run his taxi bussiness in Lagos then its positive . if lasma or road safety hama you once you will know what I am talking .

Manual transmission in lagos, is a no no, with all that traffic in lagos?
Constant body aches would be the taxi drivers prescription, if he uses a manual!!!

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Electronzeez(m): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Manual transmission in lagos, is a no no, with all that traffic in lagos?
Constant body aches would be the taxi drivers prescription, if he uses a manual!!!

You are right , driving through Lagos traffic is still energy consuming either you are driving manual or automatic . commercial drivers don't see manual as stress though .
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Electronzeez:

You are right , driving through Lagos traffic is still energy consuming either you are driving manual or automatic . commercial drivers don't see manual as stress though .

If you were a taxi driving in lagos, would you honestly drive manual transmission?
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Electronzeez(m): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If you were a taxi driving in lagos, would you honestly drive manual transmission?

I love manual is all I can say grin
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Electronzeez:

I love manual is all I can say grin

I love manual too, but if I was a taxi driver, it has to be only automatic transmission.
Over to you, if you were a taxi driver, manual or automatic transmission?
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
miqos02:

Forget about being a pro or not , he hasn't effectively passed on any message. Communication is key here

5 Likes

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Electronzeez(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I love manual too, but if I was a taxi driver, it has to be only automatic transmission.
Over to you, if you were a taxi driver, manual or automatic transmission?

Auto-manual grin

Automatic! just if I am to run my bussiness in Lagos , if any where else give me my manual transmission any day any time .
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
Electronzeez:

Auto-manual grin

Automatic! just if I am to run my bussiness in Lagos , if any where else give me my manual transmission any day any time .

So my friend, we agree to disagree. But agree to path!!!

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by madgoat(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dottore:
Auto transmissions are fun to drive but they are not as rugged as their Manual counterparts. In auto transmissions, you bother about ATF levels and axle/gear oil levels.most cars these days are front wheel drive. And these front wheels drive cars have compartment for Automatic Transmission Fluid and Gear/Axle oil compartment. Some People that own cars with front wheel drives Auto transmission doesn't even know about the axle oil compartment.
A slightest mess with the appropriate ATF fluid could lead to serious malfunctions and costly repairs. Even though some good mechanics can service the gear box, most repairs of AT requires complete change of gear box or other very expensive components like gearbox brainbox and fibers which are often expensive and time consuming.

Manual transmission are stressful to drive but they require less maintenance. Replacing the clutch fibre in case of malfunction takes few moment. The gear box is often very serviceable and requires just ordinary gear oil.
If your battery run down in AT you must find another battery to support your own before it starts. But in MT your can push the car and it will start with a dead battery.

shocked Abeg where is the axle/gear oil compartment in a toyota automatic transmission car? Im just hearing of this and i have never changed it or checked it even though I have been driving the car for years.
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
miqos02:

Sometimes people have the answer to their questions but just want to hear from others too...

Instead of asking him, he should have just give his own advice..

3 Likes

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Yungbolex: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]manual is best
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Aviero: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
[quote author=Siena post=42220586]
Which of these transmissions is maintenance free
Manual
and cheaper to run?
Manual
What is the sole purpose of a taxi cab business?
Making money.

I'm sure you already know what the answer is.
Yes, sir. The answer is Manual because it's easier to maintain, and it is cheaper to run. Since the sole purpose of running a taxi cab business is making money, it's only sane that manual is used, so as to avoid spending unnecessarily on repairs. Once again, the answer is manual.

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 25, 2016
^^^Thank you very much, Mr Aviero. smiley

I thought it was obvious, but it appears I was wrong. Mr Buhari, I apologise for trying to get you to see the answer in your own question. wink

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by justtfab(m): 12:14am On Jan 25, 2016
manual is d best...beer easy to maintain ..I rest my case....
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 12:36am On Jan 25, 2016
Where do people get the perception that manual transmission is maintainance - free?
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by ColeworldMD(m): 12:45am On Jan 25, 2016
ThisisBuhari:
Please what transmission type 'auto or manual' is good for taxi business.

Experts advise.
my analogy
Manual- can be pushed to start if it partially fails and stopped on the road
Auto- if it fails and stopped on the road, all ur passengers will come down and u're on your own
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by kudos4u(m): 12:55am On Jan 25, 2016
Manual is advisable due to the cheap maintainance
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 25, 2016
chidyke77:
Is he God? He should hv answered him or leave him.,smtimes few guys here feel like god here to be worshipped.No hatred bt he's used to snubbing and making u look stupid.

I never said he was God... but to the best of my knowledge, that guy is the best on Nairaland when it comes to car issues.

He answered him in a factual way, I dont know why we must quarrel on every issue ...
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Where do people get the perception that manual transmission is maintainance - free?

Please state what maintenance a manual gearbox needs.
Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 1:48am On Jan 25, 2016
Siena:

Please state the maintenance an automatic gearbox needs?

1 Like

Re: Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? by Lexusgs430: 1:53am On Jan 25, 2016
Siena:

Transmission misalignment
Worn Clutch
Transmission Fluid

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rolls Royce & Bentley : Shared History, Separated At Rebirth. / We’re Ready To Roll Out Chery And Higer Vehicles - PAN / How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.