Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail (33873 Views)

Okorocha's Sister Who Pocketed N600m While Pensioners Suffer - Facebook User / Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by kay29000(m): 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
GoodMuyis:

bail 1 /beɪl/
noun
the temporary release of an accused person
awaiting trial, sometimes on condition that
a sum of money is lodged to guarantee
their appearance in court.

----

Yea metuh will get his money back hen the case is over

Okay. Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by abbaapple: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
ddippset:
I swear metuh will cry when he's alone today, I swear he will cry!

grin hahahahahhaah! Badoo! Guy i so much laugh.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ckmayoca: 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
galadima77:

Hahahahahahahaha badt guy! These NL posters dey feel my grief die!

And dey say we cant fund d 2016 budget? Infact, wit efcc on our (revenue) side, we wont be looking too far for IGR.

When we said change, they (pdp looters and sympathizers) didnt really get the picture. Now they are getting it.

Define a court bail... not a police bail o.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. Who handed over to Buhari? PDP Who was in charge of the federal government since 1999? PDP. If money is lost in UBA, will the police query a Zenith Bank MD? Who appointed Sambo Dasuki who in turn shared government money allegedly to several PDP chieftains and non-PDP chieftains? PDP. Whose role was it to fund/equip the army to fight the insurgency? PDP. Whose role was it to ensure that budgeted funds and extra funds($322million Abacha loot that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala handed over to Dasuki in a letter addressed to GEJ) to purchase weapons for the effective war against Boko Haram was used for its intended purpose? PDP. Corruption did not start with the PDP, while they were in power did political office holders become far more corrupt? YES. Was there a political will on their part to put to put an end to the menace of corruption especially in government circles? NO. Who vehemently tried to differentiate between stealing and corruption? PDP/ GEJ. Who takes the lion share of the nations consolidated monthly earnings (oil & non oil revenue)?-the federal government. Who shares the money with other tiers of government (states and LGs)- federal government (through the ministry of finance) who should lead by examples of probity, accountability, due process & zero tolerance for corruption-the federal government. Where else do you think the war against corruption should have started given the evidences at our disposal? the federal government. While we seek to repatriate looted funds using the legal framework, who do we call to question?Answer: the public office holders who served under a PDP administration who may not necessarily be card-carrying member if that party. Have I answered your questions?

You post reeks of insincerity.

APC comprises more than half of decamped PDP members.

Metuh was not a public office holder. If the 'fight' is based on hierarchy as you claim, Atiku (VP), and ex-governors should precede him.

I am sure Dasuki's travails is no small way unrelated to his role in Buhari's arrest, after he was deposed. Maybe e talk something wey pain am. And a serpent with a long memory, he kept it close to heart - all these years...

Metuh, on the other hand, is one of the president's most vocal critics. This is the same man responsible for Decree 4. Leopards don't change their spots.

To be clear, I hold no brief for Jonathan, or his government. They were utterly reckless and irresponsible - especially fiscally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by collinx(m): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
People should calm down, he is not forfeiting this money unless he jumps bail . Bail is just a court process by which a detainee pays a set amount of money to obtain his freedom . As part of his release, the detainee will promise to appear in court for all his scheduled criminal proceedings, if this promise is kept the bail amount will be returned at the end of the trial.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by GoodMuyis(m): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
JonazG:
MANY NAIRALAND DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "BAIL"
NIGERIA SCHOOL PRODUCING MORE GOSSIPERS THAN INTELECTUALS

DONT BLAME US JOOR

BLAME NIGERIAN POLICE, NA DEM CAUSE AM
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by asamaigho(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
IMF can go to hell,oil prices can drop to 1dollar pd....
we already have a new and reliable source to fund d 2016 budget.

ATLEAST BY THE END OF D 1ST QUARTER,D EFCC CAN GENERATE TO 2Tr naira.

Over to dasuki baba,name more yam eaters. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by MyMouth(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
600million for eating a piece of paper shocked Sorry..... I will pass, I rather stay hungry!
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by iswallker(m): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
princeonx:
Do some of you really know the meaning of bail?
Most of you are calling it payment of the money he was charged for!

Tot u wanted to tell us...
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by WaffenSS(m): 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
josite:

Thanks brother,i actually studied law cus i couldnt pass mathematics and actually had to make do wit ife cos havard insisted on a credit for maths.but somehow if my fee is 1billion and u pay me 700m,i know at once,without being told that my fee remains 300m.thanks all the same.do we still need to go to jail for the error?

If your case, you need to be shot.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by bakila: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
viktor01:
Just curious, all the millions the court receives as bail, where does it enter?
revenue of the government of the federation
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by americanigga(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
olapluto:

Case 1 bail = 400 million Case 2 bail = 600 million
Total = 1,000 million = 1 Billion.
Clear?
olapluto:

Clear?
[quote author=olapluto post=42220738]
Clear?[/quote Guy if u be maths teacher, people no go de run from maths again
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by bakila: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
viktor01:
Just curious, all the millions the court receives as bail, where does it enter?
Money not paid rightaway. If the accused fails to turn up the bailbond is forfeited.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by sunnyflakes(m): 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
If you are a true democrat, you won't be here celebrating the defeat of democracy. In law, all persons are innocent until they are proven guilty by a court of law. Late President Yaradua gave life to the rule of law, a phenomenon President Buhari is fast throwing to the mud. how can a man be accused of taking about 400million and u place his bail at 700million.

The simple moral in all this is; steal as much as u can while you have the opportunity. So you can meet bail conditions anytime any day.

Metu can go to jail for the rest of his life if found guilty.

But the judiciary need to, very urgently, extricate itself from executive manipulation so that people will continue have hope in the judiciary. The most appalling of their evident retrogression, being the way they handled electoral tribunals across the country. Gush! it was too clear they were reading a script obviously written by the Buhari led federal government.

The judges of good conscience need to take gauntlet and move the judiciary out of this obvious judicial doldrum and quagmire. Sincerely, justice at the moment in Nigeria is at its lowest ebb.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Metuh was not a public office holder. If the 'fight' is based on hierarchy as you claim, Atiku (VP), and ex-governors should precede him.

I am sure Dasuki's travails is no small way unrelated to his role in Buhari's arrest, after he was deposed. Maybe e talk something wey pain am. And a serpent with a long memory, he kept it close to heart - all these years...

Metuh, on the other hand, is one of the president's most vocal critics. This is the same man responsible for Decree 4. Leopards don't change their spots.

To be clear, I hold no brief for Jonathan, or his government. They were utterly reckless and irresponsible - especially fiscally.
I leave you to do your judgement. What is Olisa Metuh's job if not to speak for the PDP? Does that confer on him any immunity from arrest and prosecution? You talked about 1985 as if you were part of the coup. So, as long as Muhammadu Buhari is President Sambo Dasuki must not be called into question because of people like you who will always find an excuse for every alleged thief. Are there not dozens of people out there who criticize the President through their newspaper columns or social media platforms, has he gagged any section from carrying out the functions to the state. You are the one who is insincere, you are covertly advocating for soft landing for allegedly corrupt individuals by coming up with all forms of baseless accusations against the President. Please change your ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by 4layhemmy(f): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
payment with interest. this is what happens wen u dnt pay ur tithe.lol GOD catch am. oll of una go smell pepe. angrypayment with interest. this is what happens wen u dnt pay ur tithe.lol GOD catch am. oll of una go smell pepe.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

. On a second look at your post, I realised you were simply making a mockery of the entire process, can you please mention one ex-governor that was convicted under your hero, GEJ. Was he even interested in fighting corruption? Now that your party PDP has been kicked out of office you suddenly found a blueprint of how the corrupt war should be fought and from where it should start. They brainwashed you to think that PDP was a feeder club to the APC. Have you forgotten how PDP tried vehemently to frustrate the registration of the APC? Was PMB ever a nember of the discredited PDP? What of his vice? So what are you talking about. As far as the federal executive is concerned those are the only 2elected individuals and they had absolutely nothing to do with the PDP. Olisa Metuh was not a public office holder but yet partook in the yamsfest and you think the law would exonerate him. Please change your ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by coesheya(m): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
Totalling N1bn.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by JonazG: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
grin
GoodMuyis:

DONT BLAME US JOOR

BLAME NIGERIAN POLICE, NA DEM CAUSE AM
Hahaha...na true you talk ny bro...
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by seunajia: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
WaffenSS:
Those people saying 700m bail ought to go and join him in jail for failing basic arithmetics arithmetic.

His earlier bail was 200m x 2 = 400m

his latest bail is 300m x 2 = 600m

400m + 600m = 1b.

Nurse Metuh's bail therefore is 1 billion naira.

You'll need to also join them in kuje for failing "basic" English. Arithmetic is an uncountable noun.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by LegalAnalyst(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
I support war against corruption, but it does appear to me that this bail conditions of a thing is too stringent compare to the offence the accused is charged with. Anyway, you reap what you sow!

#NaijaLegalAnalyst
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by WaffenSS(m): 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
seunajia:

You'll need to also join them in kuje for failing "basic" English. Arithmetic is an uncountable noun.

Arithmetic or arithmetics (from the Greek ἀριθμός arithmos, "number" ) is the oldest and most elementary branch of mathematics.

---Wikipedia

Don't you just feel stupid right now?

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. On a second look at your post, I realised you were simply making a mockery of the entire process, can you please mention one ex-governor that was convicted under your hero, GEJ. Was he even interested in fighting corruption? Now that your party PDP has been kicked out of office you suddenly found a blueprint of how the corrupt war should be fought and from where it should start. They brainwashed you to think that PDP was a feeder club to the APC. Have you forgotten how PDP tried vehemently to frustrate the registration of the APC? Was PMB ever a nember of the discredited PDP? What of his vice? So what are you talking about. As far as the federal executive is concerned those are the only 2elected individuals and they had absolutely nothing to do with the PDP. Olisa Metuh was not a public office holder but yet partook in the yamsfest and you think the law would exonerate him. Please change your ways.

From your previous responses, it's already clear to me that comprehension isn't one of your strong-points.

In the post you quoted, I said this:

"To be clear, I hold no brief for Jonathan, or his government. They were utterly reckless and irresponsible - especially fiscally."

Furthermore, all you said up there is nonsense - all thanks to your comprehension handicap.

Next time, I'll suggest the use of Google Translate - into Yoruba - if that will make any difference. Or perhaps, an interpreter...
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by seunajia: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
WaffenSS:

Arithmetic or arithmetics (from the Greek ἀριθμός arithmos, "number"wink is the oldest[1] and most elementary branch of mathematics.

---Wikipedia

Don't you just feel stupid right now?

Your reference is Wikipedia lipsrsealed Little wonder grin

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/arithmetic

Moreover, why so serious? You sentenced some people to Kuje for failing basic "arithmetics" just now na?? You don't like the taste of watery beans? grin

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by marv1: 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
B4 nko? No be federal govt money he collected. He was doing strong head that he wont return any money. By the time they are true with him, whenever he sees yam next time he wont look back to collect. It will serve others good lesson to learn.
IVORY2009:

The federal Govt is behind this case no doubt, I dey laugh grin cheesy na turn by turn
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Adeevah(m): 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Another bail that might neva see the day light....#buhariooooo
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by charlycharles(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
waistbead:
Metuh's case has gone personal.
All dis for criticizing a supposedly democratic govt even in his capacity as d mouth piece of d main opposition party...
well dis is wat u get wen u elect an illiterate old soldier as presisnt in a democracy...
bubu u r a joke of a president; i wail for d sake of d educated ones among us
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by kasay: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Buhahahaha!

Now Metu will understand the difference btw a local diokpa of an unknown family and a retired General/Commander-in-Chief of the biggest Arm Forces in Africa.

Metu should form PDP branch in Kuje prison with Dasuki while Nnamdi Kanu of IPOD fame should be made organising secretary of PDP Kuje prison branch.

I laff in Mama Piss English! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

EWU opposition!

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by profmallory(m): 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hmm Interesting, so at least no one goes to jail, but using bail we can actually get back some of the moneys that was stolen. Since these evil men have learnt to fly without perching, Buhari has learnt to shoot without missing. Baba God dey behind you

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Excuzeme: 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Elosky20:
well this the best investment ever. steal our yam and pay 50 percent interest. i am beginning to love naija. more grease to efcc elbow

Olisah "Mee-Too" is not just a "Yam-eating" Goat.... (#400 Million)

...... He is also a "Paper-Evidence-Eating" Goat! ..... (#600 Million)

Now, that is a very, very dangerous Goat that can spread lassa-fever hence we need to chain him down in Kuje prisons.

Ehm..... Olisah Metuh arrested again, to appear in court next Monday on charges of eating the Prison officers Uniform!
shocked shocked grin grin

He should not have eaten EFCC's paper at all.... those guys dont take kindly to eating their "Letter-headed" paper at all!
I hear they are short of the paper.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by kenyguy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
Meh, this Guy is seriously in it.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by olamkas: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
But how will a stolen money be returned to a thief after xonviction or you still doubt he willbbe convicted?
collinx:
People should calm down, he is not forfeiting this money unless he jumps bail . Bail is just a court process by which a detainee pays a set amount of money to obtain his freedom . As part of his release, the detainee will promise to appear in court for all his scheduled criminal proceedings, if this promise is kept the bail amount will be returned at the end of the trial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: 2023-2031 For Tinubu, Then He Hands Over To A Northerner / Police Sergeant Who Made Bullet-proof Vest Promoted By Arase / Northern House Of Representatives Visit Tinubu In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.