Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail (33874 Views)

Okorocha's Sister Who Pocketed N600m While Pensioners Suffer - Facebook User / Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Onyiido: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
princeonx:
Do some of you really know the meaning of bail?
Most of you are calling it payment of the money he was charged for!
We know its d soft copy of the cash. Either way he's gonna produce it

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by arresa: 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
MyMouth:
600million for eating a piece of paper shocked Sorry..... I will pass, I rather stay hungry!

Yes o.. The days of impunity and lawlessness are over and long gone..

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 1:52am On Jan 23, 2016
byteHead:
Altogether thats 700million naira. Kuje prisons is now metuh's new home.

Get informed please. He is not required to pay any money.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 1:55am On Jan 23, 2016
modath:
Nurse eh, cheesy grin

He will be cursing the day he set his eyes on Hero & for not using an untraceable proxy account to receive "Blood Money" from the office of the NSA!! cheesy

Where on earth will he get 3 sureties ?? Mehn these Judges be vexing gan oo shocked

Nurse residency for Kuje go tay small.

He is the PDP spokesman remember? I don't expect him to have any problem getting the sureties.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:01am On Jan 23, 2016
Saurab:
Too bad for him, his bail will soon total 1bn. I won't be surprised if he is been charged with another offence.

If they like let them charge him with one million offences. He will still get bail. Intelligent people can tell a witch-hunt when they see one. It's getting more obvious.
Buhari should make sure he clings unto power because if he leaves office it's going to be hot for him.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:03am On Jan 23, 2016
IVORY2009:

The federal Govt is behind this case no doubt, I dey laugh grin cheesy na turn by turn

Of course it's turn by turn. Buhari will have his day eventually.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:07am On Jan 23, 2016
DaBullIT:

Original investment plus Interest

I love Buhari

bwahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin

Of course you love him. I hope you know what it means to live in a dictatorship. It might be your turn one day. You don't have to be a politician to have your right violated.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:08am On Jan 23, 2016
MabraO:
To the best of my knowledge I believe Metuh bail is total 1bn..
Wow!! U steal #400mil u pay back with a billion
Good investment

He is not required to pay cash. Don't get too excited.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:11am On Jan 23, 2016
princeonx:
Do some of you really know the meaning of bail?
Most of you are calling it payment of the money he was charged for!

Most of them are morons. They think he is required to pay the money.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:21am On Jan 23, 2016
kay29000:
Pardon my ignorance people, I want to understand this bail thing. Does it mean Metuh has to pay 600 million cash? And will he get it back at any point? Please someone should enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

He is not required to pay any cash. His sureties are required to deposit documents for properties that are worth at least the bail money. This is to guarantee that he will appear in court when required. If he jumps bail, that is if he fails to appear, the properties are forfeited.
Having said that, it's still not easy meeting the difficult bail conditions the court gave. How many people can boast of properties worth 600m Naira? But he is PDP spokesman. So his party would provide sureties for him.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:31am On Jan 23, 2016
Love Machine:
The court is supposed to be an independent arm of government without being teleguided by buhari.
Of course. But not in Nigeria.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:38am On Jan 23, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. The sureties are depositing with the courts title deeds of their landed property at a location specified by the court, all these documents will be verified by all parties, EFCC, the court registrar and the ministry of lands in that particular jurisdiction. Its no tea party at all.

But have you understood the basic meaning of the bail Metuh was granted? He will not pay any money yet.
From your excited reaction, you think he will have to go pay 1billion naira to the court. But that is not the case.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by poseidon12: 2:48am On Jan 23, 2016
sunnyflakes:
If you are a true democrat, you won't be here celebrating the defeat of democracy. In law, all persons are innocent until they are proven guilty by a court of law. Late President Yaradua gave life to the rule of law, a phenomenon President Buhari is fast throwing to the mud. how can a man be accused of taking about 400million and u place his bail at 700million.

The simple moral in all this is; steal as much as u can while you have the opportunity. So you can meet bail conditions anytime any day.

Metu can go to jail for the rest of his life if found guilty.

But the judiciary need to, very urgently, extricate itself from executive manipulation so that people will continue have hope in the judiciary. The most appalling of their evident retrogression, being the way they handled electoral tribunals across the country. Gush! it was too clear they were reading a script obviously written by the Buhari led federal government.

The judges of good conscience need to take gauntlet and move the judiciary out of this obvious judicial doldrum and quagmire. Sincerely, justice at the moment in Nigeria is at its lowest ebb.

Thanks man. Majority of the people are too dumb to understand what is going on. The future is not looking good for this country.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by kay29000(m): 2:58am On Jan 23, 2016
poseidon12:

He is not required to pay any cash. His sureties are required to deposit documents for properties that are worth at least the bail money. This is to guarantee that he will appear in court when required. If he jumps bail, that is if he fails to appear, the properties are forfeited.
Having said that, it's still not easy meeting the difficult bail conditions the court gave. How many people can boast of properties worth 600m Naira? But he is PDP spokesman. So his party would provide sureties for him.

Okay. Thanks for breaking it down for me.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Wyttcat: 4:00am On Jan 23, 2016
Has Falae returned the N100m yet?
Thunder will strike him if he uses Yoruba to play ethnic card when he's grabbed, because he can see and hear what's happening now, the next thing is to go and pay the money back to Anini or straight to the Efcc.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Wyttcat: 4:09am On Jan 23, 2016
I think he will still be required to put in at least 10% of that in cash and the property too. That's how it's done here, and I believe it's the same in Nigeria.
poseidon12:

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Saurab: 4:37am On Jan 23, 2016
poseidon12:

If they like let them charge him with one million offences. He will still get bail. Intelligent people can tell a witch-hunt when they see one. It's getting more obvious.
Buhari should make sure he clings unto power because if he leaves office it's going to be hot for him.

Why are you bitter?
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Frankiss44(m): 5:50am On Jan 23, 2016
poseidon12:

Get informed please. He is not required to pay any money.

The mass ignorance on nairaland is alarming.. Even Tonyebarcanister, a dude I once respected feels metuh will have to cough out 1 billion in cash to leave Kuje prison. How pathetic.. To them they believe this is another way to recoup the alleged stolen money.. Some even feel this is a new method to finance the budget.. Lol
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Frankiss44(m): 5:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Wyttcat:
I think he will still be required to put in at least 10% of that in cash and the property too. That's how it's done here, and I believe it's the same in Nigeria.

He is not required to drop anything.. Whoever is signing for him will have his account frozen should metuh abscond from the country and jump the bail
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Frankiss44(m): 5:55am On Jan 23, 2016
bakila:

revenue of the government of the federation

See the way you just answered the guy confidently as if you even know what you are saying
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Wyttcat: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2016
Have you seen his bail conditions or this is the same with everyone? I can almost swear that I've heard people talk about paying to bail out their loved ones out of nigerian jail. If this is true nigeria must have the best bail condition in the world. I hope someone can shine more light on this.
Frankiss44:

He is not required to drop anything.. Whoever is signing for him will have his account frozen should metuh abscond from the country and jump the bail
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Frankiss44(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2016
Wyttcat:
Have you seen his bail conditions or this is the same with everyone? I can almost swear that I've heard people talk about paying sd to bail out their loved ones out of nigerian jail. If this is true nigeria must have the best bail condition in the world. I hope someone can shine more light on this.

Don't confuse bailing one from jail in police station to the bail in a court room... The Nigerian police has abused the process by collecting cash from ignorant citizens. Cash that are never returned and are taken as fine for crime commited and shared among greedy and corrupt policemen...but you dare not try this in the court room where everyone is learned. In court money is paid and property confiscated only when the accuse jumps bail. All you need do as a surety is to drop relevant documents to the court
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by bakila: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Frankiss44:

See the way you just answered the guy confidently as if you even know what you are saying
Look how you mentioned me as if you know what I said.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Wyttcat: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2016
You don't bail out of court, but bail out of jail. All over the world judges set the bail.
But my question is, if bail that involves cash in Nigeria is legal or not. If cash is not required to bail criminals out of jails, why are the police making it as part of the law? This is not N50 that's collected along the road, what I hear is in thousands.

Just saw it now, bail is free in Nigeria. But he ain't out of the wood yet. Who's going to show up with documents on a billion naira property, only to find themselves explaining where they got the money from? And who says there are no more charges on the way? He should have just paid the N400m to avoid this.

Frankiss44:

Don't confuse bailing one from jail in police station to the bail in a court room... The Nigerian police has abused the process by collecting cash from ignorant citizens. Cash that are never returned and are taken as fine for crime commited and shared among greedy and corrupt policemen...but you dare not try this in the court room where everyone is learned. In court money is paid and property confiscated only when the accuse jumps bail. All you need do as a surety is to drop relevant documents to the court
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

From your previous responses, it's already clear to me that comprehension isn't one of your strong-points.

In the post you quoted, I said this:

Furthermore, all you said up there is nonsense - all thanks to your comprehension handicap.

Next time, I'll suggest the use of Google Translate - into Yoruba - if that will make any difference. Or perhaps, an interpreter...
. Nonentities like you only resort to personality attacks in the face of superior arguments. Logic-zero, reasoning-zero. Wailing wailers and supporters of the corrupt elite. The nation does not seek to satisfy your fraudulent cravings. Imagine what you were even saying that Dasuki was being witch hunted, I maintain that unreasonable folks like you will always have one reason or the other why those who have defrauded the nation should not be called to question. In your dreams, all those who stole before Jonathan must first be questioned before we can ask him and his gang of looters to return the stolen funds in their possession. I won't join issues with you any further as you continue to wallow in your delusion. GOOD DAY
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
charlycharles:

All dis for criticizing a supposedly democratic govt even in his capacity as d mouth piece of d main opposition party...
well dis is wat u get wen u elect an illiterate old soldier as presisnt in a democracy...
bubu u r a joke of a president; i wail for d sake of d educated ones among us
. Please wail for the number of years the looters will spend in jail when convicted.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
poseidon12:

. The only fear public office holders should have is the consequence of their "lootacracy". As long you don't make yourself a witch, no successive government can witch hunt you. My brother, be less concerned about the future of PMB, he's already written his name in gold. PDP should be really worried about its dwindling fortunes, they were the architect of their misfortunes.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
poseidon12:

But have you understood the basic meaning of the bail Metuh was granted? He will not pay any money yet.
From your excited reaction, you think he will have to go pay 1billion naira to the court. But that is not the case.
. I don't think you read my response, the sureties will have to place in the custody of thr court landed properties valued at the bail sum. Please always read the pronouncement of the judge and be sufficiently guided. The judge granted him bail and on very stringent terms. That's not open to debate. My excited reaction is that this country will ultimately be a land where the majority in and out of public office will leave within their legitimate earnings.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by PamelaAnderson: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2016
Hey there i am 35 yr old from CA, and would like to become a Bails Bonds Agent or bounty hunter. Can anyone here help me out and let me know what i need to do exactly? I have seen the online seminars, but can't find any actual academy's near me, to go to in person? do you think i would be wasting my money on these online courses? Also I have read that some states have different rules about becoming a bail bonds agent. It's been a pain in the butt trying to find out all the exact info that i need in becoming a bail bonds agent, if anyone can help me out with information it would be great. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: 2023-2031 For Tinubu, Then He Hands Over To A Northerner / Northern House Of Representatives Visit Tinubu In Lagos (Photo) / NPC Puts Nigeria’s Population At 198m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.