Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail (33876 Views)

Okorocha's Sister Who Pocketed N600m While Pensioners Suffer - Facebook User / Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Dansiki1: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
josite:
honestly im sad with metuh and im equally sad wit the efcc.metuh lawyers should really fight this bail conditions with the last of his might.why 700m for a 400m offence and why will metuh himself not tutored himself how to react to law enforcers and he is a public relations man.look out for a new book,the law and practice of appropriate reactions.wish the book got to metu's hand in time. efcc must avoid what looks like vengeance,they must show the citizen that they are all out to grab him.overlook the little infractions of metuh since u already have him in for the big one.will fayose now warns himself.
At the bolded, grin grin grin grin grin I don laugh tire
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by IVORY2009(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

If APC govt is trully behind it then it's a welkom development. Am sure all sane minds will support actions like these against all our yam eaters.
I don't ffucking care about ur further rants.

Now u are talking, wen there is no seperations of powers between the three arms of govt, you know the consequeences of these under a democratic system of govt.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by jimmy1boy(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] sad
JonazG:
MANY NAIRALAND DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "BAIL"
NIGERIA SCHOOL PRODUCING MORE GOSSIPERS THAN INTELECTUALS
JonazG:
[b]MANY NAIRALAND DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "BAIL"
[/b]
JonazG:
MANY NAIRALAND DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "BAIL"
GOSSIP NOT GOSSIPERS 'anumanu like you'

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by gigabyte13: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Ignorance. Even if he is innocent or guilty. The money will be returned after trial.

wailers. Return fire...!!! Na ur uncle abi? Devil don pay una visit this year. Una must pay for market wey una thief with interest. Onyi aras.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by daemrys(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
na 300M JAREEEE
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
waistbead:
Metuh's case has gone personal.

I think the handcuffs and arraignment in bits have to do with his conduct during interrogation. He refused to answer definite questions and attempted to chew his word on paper is just childish.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by WaffenSS(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Those people saying 700m bail ought to go and join him in jail for failing basic arithmetics.

His earlier bail was 200m x 2 = 400m

his latest bail is 300m x 2 = 600m

400m + 600m = 1b.

Nurse Metuh's bail therefore is 1 billion naira.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

OBJ also used EFCC to hound his enemies.

All na wash.
. How is the PDP Buhari's enemy? They were in government and are alleged to have committed several financial atrocities, Buhari has not judged them, he has only brought them before the judiciary where they can put up a proper defence. Buhari through the EFCC has overwhelming evidence to prosecute them and they also will bring their evidence and plead their case before the judge. The monies we are talking about does not belong to Buhari, APC, GEJ or PDP, it belongs to the Nigerian state, Buhari is the custodian and the law empowers a sitting President to bring every citizen who has been found to have allegedly defrauded the nation in one way or the other. Buhari is just doing what other advanced nations are doing to maintain a sane and decent society. SHIKENA

8 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Demdem(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
IVORY2009:

Now u are talking, wen there is no seperations of powers between the three arms of govt, you know the consequeences of these under a democratic system of govt.

There will be cooperation between all arms of Govt. it's expected. There is nothing like absolute seperation of power anywhere in the world, so stop boring me with ur rants. It won't start with Nigeria.
It was the judges call not Buhari's and it's within the ambits of the law. Sue the judge if u think he erred.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by DropShot: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

That he gets back even if found To be guilty or innocent. Hope u know that?
Sure, he will get it back but may end up paying more in penalty (cash + jail term) if found guilty.

The sweet thing in this present dispensation is ultra corrupt politicians don't get away with a slap on the wrist.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by IVORY2009(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

There will be cooperation between all arms of Govt. it's expected. There is nothing like absolute seperation of power anywhere in the world, so stop boring me with ur rants. It won't start with Nigeria.
It was the judges call not Buhari's and it's within the ambits of the law. Sue the judge if u think he erred.

kk oooo shocked
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Samgreguc(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
josite:
honestly im sad with metuh and im equally sad wit the efcc.metuh lawyers should really fight this bail conditions with the last of his might.why 700m for a 400m offence and why will metuh himself not tutored himself how to react to law enforcers and he is a public relations man.look out for a new book,the law and practice of appropriate reactions.wish the book got to metu's hand in time.efcc must avoid what looks like vengeance,they must show the citizen that they are not all out to grab him.overlook the little infractions of metuh since u already have him in for the big one.will fayose now warns himself?.
Nice one. But the money is actually #1billion total.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Btruth: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
Aufbauh:
FLASHBACK: “Don’t vote Muhammadu Buhari. I cannot be carrying food to my husband in prison”- Dame Patience Faka Jonathan a.k.a Mama Peace (The Woman who saw tomorrow)
grin grin grin the mama who saw tomorrow indeed. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by daemrys(m): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
SERIOUSLY,NA WHE GO DEY BEG DIS POLITICIAN MAKE DEM LOOT NOW,COS I SEE IT LIKE THEM RETURNING THE MONEY BACK IN 10FOLDS...BUH I JUST HOPE THE FIGHT AGAINST THIS CORROPTION IS NOT SELECTIVE
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by obc: 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
I Pity IPOB Youths...!!!

Pity yourself...Ewu Congo.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Ignorance. Even if he is innocent or guilty. The money will be returned after trial.
. If he's guilty the stolen funds back(part of the reliefs sought in court against alleged thieves), his image is further dented, he becomes an ex convict, he probably will lose more than he stole. The Nation gains back monies that could have been lost totally (had we be been under a government that is scared of screwing the alleged looters), an example is made of him. The court in sentencing may give up to 5years imprisonment (for money laundering) without an option of fine. Ultimately GODWIN because he's a God of justice.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by gannycute: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
Freegift75:
300 + 400= 700M who will deliver Metuh from the Kuje Prison?
please will they refund the bail money after the trial
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
espn:
am with you its not good to steal the poor masses hard earned money......nice eyeball kiss
i

Thankssmiley
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
The court is supposed to be an independent arm of government without being teleguided by buhari.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by josite: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
DropShot:

Metuh behaved as if he was above the law, hence the determination to teach him a big lesson.

First was his uncooperative attitude by refusing to disclose what he got N400mn for. Others who received money from Dasuki stated the reason even though not tenable.

Secondly, he attempted to destroy evidence. That was rude and impunity.

Dasuki, with his high level connection didn't behave that arrogant and rude the moment he was arrested.

Others like Dokpesi, Bafarawa, Yuguda et al are not being treated as Metuh because they at least cooperated with law enforcement agents.

Metuh has made himself a scape goat.

i absolutely agree with your reasoning but can govt affords to rub the citizen so hard,this hard.apc,buhari do not need the negative perception that may or may not results from this.govt must copy good practices,cant you see how calm obama remains in spite of daily provocations received from the likes of donald trumps,even his service chiefs atimes makes very cutting remarks and obama kept calm.while in captivitity ,irrationality may set in for someone who never imagines himself in such a scene .i plead metuh be treated with caution,with respect and efcc will do well to enlist a psychiatrist for him.i feel his pain and i pray for wisdom and strength for his lawyer.now he must help metuh out of a really messy situation.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by docadams: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. Can you purchase a bail bond of N700million in Kuje market or at jumia/konga? Please tell us o

Thank you for lecturing him. He thinks he knows more than everybody.

Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
i

Thankssmiley

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
IVORY2009:

. When the looters all these years were busy manipulating the judiciary in obtaining cheap bail sums and several prosecutorial delays on account of frivolous injunctions and consistent abuse if court processes you didn't remember separation of powers then. Many are covertly supporting corruption by hiding behind judicial concepts that they even know jack about. A man who is hardworking enough to have N400million doled out to him by GEJ must also have sufficient contacts to be able to raise the bail bond and provide the 2 sureties. After all (in Olu Falae's words) N100 million is chicken change to a party that had been in power for 16years. Olisa Metuh is even lucky that the party hierarchy Uche Secondus & Professor Wale Oladipo is backing him all the way. Raising the bail bond of N700million will be done in a matter of days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Napoleone(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
NextGovernor:
Person thief 400 mil and they are requesting 600 mil altogether. Nawa ooo
Don't be ignorant bro. There are two separate cases against him; money laundering and destruction of evidence. Besides, they are to find sureties worth the amount to stand for him and not they they are to give the money. It's when he runs away they sureties will be arrested and made to pay the money.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

What is it?
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by focus7: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
IPOB and MASSOB oya work don come, now troupe out on protest! Meanwhile Jonathan and mama Peace should help him with the bail charge.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by focus7: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
NextGovernor:
just for the bail, he will still pay the real money.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by josite: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
WaffenSS:
Those people saying 700m bail ought to go and join him in jail for failing basic arithmetics.

His earlier bail was 200m x 2 = 400m

his latest bail is 300m x 2 = 600m

400m + 600m = 1b.

Nurse Metuh's bail therefore is 1 billion naira.

Thanks brother,i actually studied law cus i couldnt pass mathematics and actually had to make do wit ife cos havard insisted on a credit for maths.but somehow if my fee is 1billion and u pay me 700m,i know at once,without being told that my fee remains 300m.thanks all the same.do we still need to go to jail for the error?
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
NextGovernor:
Like we don't know he has stolen Billions of Naira over the course of his stealing career as a politician.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by arresa: 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
All because of agidi not to cough up our N400 million YAM..

Greedy bastards..
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by hmuhammad(m): 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. How is the PDP Buhari's enemy? They were in government and are alleged to have committed several financial atrocities, Buhari has not judged them, he has only brought them before the judiciary where they can put up a proper defence. Buhari through the EFCC has overwhelming evidence to prosecute them and they also will bring their evidence and plead their case before the judge. The monies we are talking about does not belong to Buhari, APC, GEJ or PDP, it belongs to the Nigerian state, Buhari is the custodian and the law empowers a sitting President to bring every citizen who has been found to have allegedly defrauded the nation in one way or the other. Buhari is just doing what other advanced nations are doing to maintain a sane and decent society. SHIKENA
excellent answer, one drum of burukutu for you.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Masculity(m): 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
gigabyte13:
I billion bail loading. 1st ever in 9ja history, Nurse Metuh setting another records like his party is known for.

APC using PDP to raise fund for 2016 budget. Thats what we mean by diversifying the economy.

Haaaahaaaa dis change dey sweet me yori yori. SAI BABA kwontinue jareeeee, l dey ur back GIDIGBA with my PVC.

giga you said my mind, she before they said the budget na big scam as oil money dey decrease.

Na PDP go finance our budget. Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday / AREWA Youths React To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari / EFCC Declares Leno Adesanya Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.