Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (967057 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 9:59am On Aug 10, 2018
sodiqkolawole:
This recruitment will be cancelled. Mark my word "cancelled ". This acting DG will want to do things in his way, transfer personnel's, change formations and mode of operation and he might see many irregularities. Many things will change.
lol, clown.
"mark my word"
who u be sef wey we wan waste our time dey mark u! go siddon 4 dirty jare!!!

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
nine-month training programme under the agency’s Basic Course 30/2018/19, which will encompassed academic activities, insurgency/counter insurgency, intelligence operations and gathering, firearms drills and physical training exercises is very much still on the cards, let's wait for further info.. don't rush to make unconfirmed assertions or try to kill peoples vibe,when its called off we will hear, wen it's starts we will still hear. Lovely weekend fellaz.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
The new DG will b addressing his fellow agent on monday. after his address we will know the next step on the recruitment... i will keep the house posted about the out come of the meeting.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nostradamus: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sodiqkolawole: 7:53am On Aug 11, 2018
Ajasco12:
Bcs u re not part of those that this year recruitment favour is not mean it will cancelled.

You are wrong. Keeping quiet doesn't mean it didn't favour me. You don't expect everyone concerned to be talking everytime.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sodiqkolawole: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2018
sleuthhound:
lol, clown.
"mark my word"
who u be sef wey we wan waste our time dey mark u! go siddon 4 dirty jare!!!

Noted. Keep your hope so high that you will be disappointed. Don't face other things and start doing alternative. OYO.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Boladeyo2301: 10:21am On Aug 11, 2018
sodiqkolawole:

Noted. Keep your hope so high that you will be disappointed. Don't face other things and start doing alternative. OYO.
So have you gotten yourself a job?
Leave anybody who decides to wait I guess it doesn't affect you in anyway
Guys keep hope alive God is at work
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 11, 2018
sodiqkolawole:

So we that are doing other things and still keeping are hopes high nkor?? Uncle recruitment hasn't been cancelled else u won't be only one with access to that information and sure afew people would have confirmed.. and oo they called to check in on my nysc certificate and also ask me to get a current police report from the station closest to my home.. so I guess this ur cancellation theory hasn't reached some states yet..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Anusiemgood(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
Boladeyo2301:

So have you gotten yourself a job?
Leave anybody who decides to wait I guess it doesn't affect you in anyway
Guys keep hope alive God is at work
I remember when I used to believe with Dss and fraud of a recruitment..please I advise most of u waiting to look for alternative job

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
i wanna drop this quick one
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
for quite a while allan2 has taken too digesting d pot pouri of information on this platform. now the recent upheavals at yellow house has drawn d interest of even people who dont know the full meaning of dss. interesting times! so d speculation game goes on. for or against, what will d new dg do abt d recruitment? well only time will tell but i can tell dis much; at this point it can easily swing both ways. if it swings for d status quo some gonna gain, if it swings d oda way others gonna gain. as much as allan would like to tell u his preference, allan for now keeps his cards close to his hairy chest.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Sources close to the security forces have confirmed the reasons why staff of the Department of State Security (DSS) jubilated when they heard of the sack of immediate-past Director General, Lawal Musa Daura.

Recall that Daura was sacked by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday after he ordered masked and heavily-armed DSS agents to blockade the National Assembly Complex allegedly without official authorisation.

He has since been replaced by Matthew Seiyefa.

It was gathered that Daura assumed extraordinary powers immediately he assumed office and that he ensured that all Directors at the National Headquarters of the service were made to queue up to pay homage to him daily.

A source said, “To add salt to injury, you cannot even go and ease yourself because, once he sighted you in the CCTV that you have left, you are in soup.”

Before Daura, Directors at the Headquarters of the service were allocated a Prado SUV and a Peugeot 508 as official cars and one Toyota Hilux as utility car.

It was also gathered that Daura reduced the monthly subvention of the Directors by as much as 70 per cent under the pretext that there was no money.

The former DG DSS was also said to have stopped the welfare of all DSS staff even though it was said that he approved US dollars to sponsor some trips abroad.

Many of the operatives were allegedly denied their allowances usually paid for operational deployments.

A source said that in 2017, the former DG DSS allegedly sponsored 32 persons, including “some of his wives and grandchildren to the USA with some of them getting as much as $10,000 for adults and others got $5,000 as PTA.

“Training programmes and other official benefits were stopped. Even overseas training which are to be sponsored by the foreign institutions suffered because of lack of interest to treat files. Most at times, the event must have been concluded months after, before he would see the file and he was always proud to write ‘belated, file away,” a source stated.

But sources said that despite the claim of paucity of funds, the man was said to have placed his children and grandchildren and their spouses on monthly allowances of about N200,000 monthly.

The source further said: “The wives and grown up children were collecting petrol voucher for 100 litres per week, whereas operational vehicles are not properly fuelled, except those on standby for special operations like the operation at the National Assembly.”

“Officials of the DSS were told that Dangote Group donated vehicles just like the company did to the Police but that the embattled ex-DG converted the vehicles to personal use.

“Each wife goes around in convoy with details. In fact, the third wife who is based in Kano is nursing the ambition to contest for House of Reps in Kano.”

He was also said to have diverted trailer loads of rice donated by Dangote to Kano so that the said wife would use it as political gift to would-be constituents.

Further details indicated that even Daura’s neighbours in Gwarimpa, Abuja and Katsina did not enjoy him as some of them were said to have jubilated over his removal because of his oppressive conducts.

A source in the know said: “When a transformer serving his house in Daura got burnt, the neighborhood was all looking for his help for replacement.

“Daura however bought a smaller transformer that will serve only his house and connected same without minding what became the fate of his neighbours.”

His neighbours in Gwarimpa lamented that since he became DG DSS it has remained difficult to see him for any help.

Na wa hmmmmm I don't believe everything I read tho, but this man is getting strocked right left and center.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Kaizer86:

Sources close to the security forces have confirmed the reasons why staff of the Department of State Security (DSS) jubilated when they heard of the sack of immediate-past Director General, Lawal Musa Daura.

Recall that Daura was sacked by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday after he ordered masked and heavily-armed DSS agents to blockade the National Assembly Complex allegedly without official authorisation.

He has since been replaced by Matthew Seiyefa.

It was gathered that Daura assumed extraordinary powers immediately he assumed office and that he ensured that all Directors at the National Headquarters of the service were made to queue up to pay homage to him daily.

A source said, “To add salt to injury, you cannot even go and ease yourself because, once he sighted you in the CCTV that you have left, you are in soup.”

Before Daura, Directors at the Headquarters of the service were allocated a Prado SUV and a Peugeot 508 as official cars and one Toyota Hilux as utility car.

It was also gathered that Daura reduced the monthly subvention of the Directors by as much as 70 per cent under the pretext that there was no money.

The former DG DSS was also said to have stopped the welfare of all DSS staff even though it was said that he approved US dollars to sponsor some trips abroad.

Many of the operatives were allegedly denied their allowances usually paid for operational deployments.

A source said that in 2017, the former DG DSS allegedly sponsored 32 persons, including “some of his wives and grandchildren to the USA with some of them getting as much as $10,000 for adults and others got $5,000 as PTA.

“Training programmes and other official benefits were stopped. Even overseas training which are to be sponsored by the foreign institutions suffered because of lack of interest to treat files. Most at times, the event must have been concluded months after, before he would see the file and he was always proud to write ‘belated, file away,” a source stated.

But sources said that despite the claim of paucity of funds, the man was said to have placed his children and grandchildren and their spouses on monthly allowances of about N200,000 monthly.

The source further said: “The wives and grown up children were collecting petrol voucher for 100 litres per week, whereas operational vehicles are not properly fuelled, except those on standby for special operations like the operation at the National Assembly.”

“Officials of the DSS were told that Dangote Group donated vehicles just like the company did to the Police but that the embattled ex-DG converted the vehicles to personal use.

“Each wife goes around in convoy with details. In fact, the third wife who is based in Kano is nursing the ambition to contest for House of Reps in Kano.”

He was also said to have diverted trailer loads of rice donated by Dangote to Kano so that the said wife would use it as political gift to would-be constituents.

Further details indicated that even Daura’s neighbours in Gwarimpa, Abuja and Katsina did not enjoy him as some of them were said to have jubilated over his removal because of his oppressive conducts.

A source in the know said: “When a transformer serving his house in Daura got burnt, the neighborhood was all looking for his help for replacement.

“Daura however bought a smaller transformer that will serve only his house and connected same without minding what became the fate of his neighbours.”

His neighbours in Gwarimpa lamented that since he became DG DSS it has remained difficult to see him for any help.

Na wa hmmmmm I don't believe everything I read tho, but this man is getting strocked right left and center.
what a man!
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by hizick14(m): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2018
Effc guys dey enter camp tomorrow, we dey here dey blow grammar.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by hizick14(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2018
EFCC-JOB:
JOINING INSTRUCTIONS: This is to inform you that you have been successful at the recently concluded EFCC recruitment exercise for the Detective Superintendent Cadre. Please note that you are to report at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Old Site, Kaduna for commencement of training on Monday, 13th August, 2018 at 9:00hrs and not later than 6pm. You are also required to come along with the following items: 2 copies each of your curriculum vitae and relevant credentials, 2 black Shorts, 2 white Shorts, 2 white T-shirts, 2 black T-shirts, 1 pair of white canvas, 1 pair of black canvas, 2 pairs of black stockings, 2 pairs of white stockings, 1 black belt, 2 white bed sheets, 2 pillow cases, 1 cutlass, 1 hoe, 1 broom, 1 bucket, 2 pairs of black trousers, Personal Toiletries, clipper and scissor, 1 Corporate (Trouser suit for men and trouser/skirt suit for women) and 1 Casual Clothing. Clean shave for men and no weave or any form of attached hair for women. A letter of attestation from your legal parent/guardian taking this offer and undergoing this training. Please comply strictly to the time stated as lateness will not be tolerated. Accept our congratulations. Acknowledge receipt, and for further enquiries contact the following numbers:

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2018
hizick14:
Effc guys dey enter camp tomorrow, we dey here dey blow grammar.
Lol my brother efcc have a more efficient and stable leader and time table, and the funny thing is their last set just came out if camp early this year and anoda set is already moving wow. Dss here naso so wahala up and down,chasing politicians,former Dss man was looking for ways to get names of people efcc we're probing and investigatin,from magu so he can get money from them after threatening,that's why he and magu Neva saw eye to eye, replacement here and there posting, officials taking exams, we Don wait sotay hair done grow person for yansh. But I'm very sure of recruitment this year o.month Neva finish year never end... Plenty Dss officers are gonna retire this yr and next so they definitely need new intake, had a long gist wit a big friend who works with nafdac he was just gisting me how they requested for extra Dss agents to be posted to nafdac and Dss said they didn't have enough personnel to send for cover. So u can imagine with elections around the corner and all. We go enter camp this month or next latest.. been asking questions and adding one plus one.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Anusiemgood(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2018
The removal of daura as DG DSS will bring more light to the service....

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
Kaizer86:

Lol my brother efcc have a more efficient and stable leader and time table, and the funny thing is their last set just came out if camp early this year and anoda set is already moving wow. Dss here naso so wahala up and down,chasing politicians,former Dss man was looking for ways to get names of people efcc we're probing and investigatin,from magu so he can get money from them after threatening,that's why he and magu Neva saw eye to eye, replacement here and there posting, officials taking exams, we Don wait sotay hair done grow person for yansh. But I'm very sure of recruitment this year o.month Neva finish year never end... Plenty Dss officers are gonna retire this yr and next so they definitely need new intake, had a long gist wit a big friend who works with nafdac he was just gisting me how they requested for extra Dss agents to be posted to nafdac and Dss said they didn't have enough personnel to send for cover. So u can imagine with elections around the corner and all. We go enter camp this month or next latest.. been asking questions and adding one plus one.
bro! U dey yarn too much to be an aspiring agent... If Nafdac is attacked, u & ur "big mouth-friend" would be held liable! Lol.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by cashville01: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
sleuthhound:
bro! U dey yarn too much to be an aspiring agent... If Nafdac is attacked, u & ur "big mouth-friend" would be held liable! Lol.
why do we always discourage people from posting the little they have learn...c,mon if you dont like wht someone posted,dont comment on it...better yet dont come here looking for information

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
allan2:
what a man!
bro, dere are many sides to a story.....dnt believe all dese media crap. A good judge will listen 2all sides including daura's version b4 concluding.
Dis na typical 9ja pull down syndrome, similar junks was said abt lamido sanusi when sacked.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
cashville01:
why do we always discourage people from posting the little they have learn...c,mon if you dont like wht someone posted,dont comment on it...better yet dont come here looking for information
oh boi dey read & comprehend well na! Who dey discourage who? (Yarning too much) i posted refers to exposing nafdac's security lapse!
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
sleuthhound:
oh boi dey read & comprehend well na! Who dey discourage who? (Yarning too much) i posted refers to exposing nafdac's security lapse!
So now they are gonna attack nafdac and steal drugs...so its only Dss that are working with nafdac for cover ?Arnt u surprised they post agents to nafdac.. shows the broad scale of job the Dss handles. I yarn too much because I'm not yet an agent hence am not answerable to anyone or agency.. obviously I would keep mysef control,if I was Eva made an agent in future,for now il just share the one or two things I can gather to keep this thread alive and to bring gist once in awhile, so no vex say I dey post plenty as u don't like it am sure one or two people appreciate the nonsense Info I drop and make sense outa it.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by cashville01: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
Kaizer86:

So now they are gonna attack nafdac and steal drugs...so its only Dss that are working with nafdac for cover ?Arnt u surprised they post agents to nafdac.. shows the broad scale of job the Dss handles. I yarn too much because I'm not yet an agent hence am not answerable to anyone or agency.. obviously I would keep mysef control,if I was Eva made an agent in future,for now il just share the one or two things I can gather to keep this thread alive and to bring gist once in awhile, so no vex say I dey post plenty as u don't like it am sure one or two people appreciate the nonsense Info I drop and make sense outa it.
keep "yarning too much" we appreciate you

4 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2018
cashville01:
keep "yarning too much" we appreciate you
lol
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
You promised to keep us posted bro...
Achiever4ever:
The new DG will b addressing his fellow agent on monday. after his address we will know the next step on the recruitment... i will keep the house posted about the out come of the meeting.

Regards.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
He didn't say anything concerning recruitment. But if any info comes up I will definitely share it.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Em.. Wot about those seniors officers that occupied training camp for their promotion exams, are they done?

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Achiever4ever:
He didn't say anything concerning recruitment. But if any info comes up I will definitely share it.

... Is a good sign! Obviously to cancel and conduct another recruitment will consume a lot of resources and time. Let's keep on praying for the best
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by alfredon: 5:09am On Aug 15, 2018
Please, who knows the sit I can use to register for DSS
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 15, 2018
Remember when I said some days or weeks ago that there's gonna be massive posting and retirement... hence recruitment is still a sure thing, Hope my next report proves my claim. As of today check it Google.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 15, 2018
lusola Fabiyi, Abuja

There were indications in Abuja, on Tuesday, that the Department of State Services might soon carry out a massive deployment of its personnel across the country, The PUNCH has learnt.

The expected transfer, according to reliable sources, would affect some state directors and those said to be manning what a security source described as “strategic positions.”

Investigations by our correspondent showed that the transfer might come as soon as President Muhammadu Buhari returns to Nigeria from London, where he is on holiday.

His arrival, according to investigations, will also determine the fate of the Acting Director-General of the agency, Mr Mathew Seiyefa.

Seiyefa, who hails from Bayelsa State, was named as the new helmsman for the secret police after the shocking sacking of the erstwhile DG, Mr lawal Daura by the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (SAN ), on Tuesday.

Osinbajo asked Daura to hand over to the most senior officer of the agency before he was handed over to the Police.

Daura, it was learnt, is currently under a house arrest and is being guarded by riot policemen.

He had yet to officially hand over to Seiyefa.

Our correspondent gathered that some state governors were believed to have compromised some state directors of the agency.

It was learnt that there was no way the Federal Government would allow such directors to stay in such states as the nation prepares for the 2019 general elections.

A source, who was privy to the complaint of some of the affected states, said that top politicians who felt that Daura was working against their interest would use the opportunity of his removal to demand the deployment of such directors.

Besides, security sources said that it was also in the interest of the government to deploy new officers to the states ahead of the elections.

One of the security sources said, “Naturally, the leadership of the agency has to appraise the operational readiness of each state for the elections.

“Then, it will also look at the time a particular director has stayed in a state and check the criminal record under such officer when he arrived there. These are factors that will also play some roles in whether he would stay or not.

“You also know that the police high command, even in the eve of an election, changes its commissioner of police in states. So, we could also do that but the action may either not be publicised or carried out at such short notice.”

It was also gathered that the interests of top politicians in the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, and other major political parties may be taken into consideration while considering the transfer in the agency.

“Some politicians believe that their state governors have compromised the directors of the agency in their states and have turned them against them (the politicians).

“While the DSS is not like police where commissioners of Police in states are politically exposed, we may have to look into such complaints if they are valid. Don’t also forget that he who plays the piper, calls the tune,” the source added.

Meanwhile, it was also learnt that Seiyefa is eagerly waiting for the arrival of President Buhari to know if he would be confirmed or not.

Seiyefa, who is due for retirement in July 2019, was said to have been the stabilising factor in the agency following anger by some operatives when the government returned Daura to the agency from retirement.

It was gathered that while some were debating whether Seiyefa’s state of origin would not work against him in leading the agency in an election year, others were said to have argued that it could also be an asset.

A Presidency source said, “There are two sides to the coin. Can government trust such a man because of where he hails from and the politics there? Will he be totally loyal to the Federal Government and President Buhari?

“Yes, his state of origin and background could also be the needed credibility that will help the government.

“Whatever be the case, the President will determine who will occupy the office when he returns to his desk on Monday.”

Our correspondent, however, gathered that Seiyefa might not be able to effect serious operational changes in the agency unless he is confirmed by the President.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 15, 2018
So after efcc now n.d.a done move we dey here they scratch head..

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (326) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.