Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (967587 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2018
NDA 2018/2019 Admission List for 70th Regular Course
NDA 2018/2019 Admission List for 70th Regular Course [Download PDF]. Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Admission List 2018/2019 (70RC). Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA admission list (70th regular course ) for the 2018/2019 academic session is now available online. Admitted candidates are to report for training on Friday 24th August, 2018. See more detail below.

NDA 2018/2019 Admission List for 70th Regular Course
The candidates whose names appear below were successful at the Armed Forces Selection Board Interview held from 22 July – 5 August 2018. The candidates have been offered admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) for the 70th Regular Course.

They are to report for training at the NDA (Permanent Site), AFAKA on Friday, 24 August, 2018. Any candidate who fails to report on Monday, 27 August, 2018 will forfeit his or her place to a candidate on the reserve list.

Selected candidates will be received on arrival at the reception centre located at the Academy Parade Ground permanent site at AFAKA.

Candidates on the reserve list are NOT to report to the Academy until they are invited.

Selected candidates MUST come along with the ORIGINAL copies of their credentials which include First School Leaving Certificate, Primary School Testimonial, School Certificate Results NECO/WAEC, Senior Secondary School Testimonials, Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age and Letter of State of Any candidate who fails to present originals of the stated documents will not be accepted into the Academy. In addition, successful candidates are to come along with the following items:

Two pairs of black trousers
One lounge suite (dark colour).
Two belts (preferably black).
One pair of black cover shoes
Two pairs of white canvas shoes
Two pairs of white shorts
Two pairs of white trousers.
Three pairs of blue shorts and white round neck vests
Two white shirts (long sleeves).
Four pairs of white socks.
One black rubber-strapped digital quartz wrist watch.
Black polish, brushes, shaving kit and toiletries.
Two white bed sheets and pillow cases for 8 spring bed.
Black swimming trunk/shirt.
Female candidates should come along with the following items in addition:

One pair of black low heel cover
Four lounge skirts (dark colours).
Four pairs of black or blue short
Two pairs of trouser suits.
Selected candidates are not allowed to receive visitors and will not leave the Academy for the first three months of training. Selected candidates and their parents are to please note the above for strict compliance.

to access NDA admission list. You will need a device that is capable of opening a PDF file to access it.

Enquiries and further information could be sent to the email address academyregistrar@nda.edu.ng or call

Please use the SHARE buttons below to reach others

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
dss people rubbish recruitment
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
...and the waiting goes on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
The Department of State Services has announced the appointment of Mr. Nnochirionye Afunanya as its spokesperson.

The appointment was contained in a statement issued by the Public Relations Department of the agency in Abuja on Thursday.

Acting Director General of the agency, Mr. Matthew Seiyefa, had at his maiden press briefing at the national headquarters of the organisation in Abuja on Thursday, promised that he would appoint a spokesperson for the agency.

Throughout the more than three years that the sacked DG of the agency, Mr. Lawal Daura was at its realm of affairs, the DSS did not have any known spokesperson.

Mr. Tony Opuiyo, whose name always appeared in statements from the agency under Daura, is believed to be a pseudo name.

Afunanya, according to the statement that announced his appointment, obtained MA in English (2009), from the University of Uyo and another MA in Peace and Strategic Studies (2011), from the University of Ilorin. He is said to be currently pursuing a Ph.D in Security and Strategic Studies at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi.

The statement said, “He has attended several courses within and outside Nigeria namely: Innovation and Strategy at Harvard University, Boston, USA; Security Management and Coordination, London and Investigative Journalism at City University, London.

“Other courses he has attended are on Leadership, Arbitration, Conflict Management/Resolution, Negotiation and Public Communication among others. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the DSS’ in-house Magazine, The Triple S.”

The new spokesman is a member of Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators,Nigerian Red Cross, Nigerian Institute of Management, Nigerian Institute for Industrial Security, Society for Peace Scholars and Practice, American Society for Industrial Security, and he is a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administration.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Rablaw: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
Information reaching my desk from Yellow House has it that, the new competent DG has scrutinized the file of 2018 DSS recruitment. According to my insider, he said, immediately after Sallah celebrations, signals will be sent to the 36 State commands, and the successful applicants will be contacted in not less than 48hours.

The unknow day is fast approaching. Let's keep our hopes alive. Best wishes!!!

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by tbanj11(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
Fake news....
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Aduragbemi1988: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
Why did u say fake news? U dont comments on public forum like this..Rather u establish any fact
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 17, 2018
Efcc left on Monday, n.d.a leaving next week, Dss next in line insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 17, 2018
Amin!!!
Kaizer86:
Efcc left on Monday, n.d.a leaving next week, Dss next in line insha Allah.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 5:34am On Aug 17, 2018
Rablaw:
Information reaching my desk from Yellow House has it that, the new competent DG has scrutinized the file of 2018 DSS recruitment. According to my insider, he said, immediately after Sallah celebrations, signals will be sent to the 36 State commands, and the successful applicants will be contacted in not less than 48hours.

The unknow day is fast approaching. Let's keep our hopes alive. Best wishes!!!
rablaw on the desk o. saraki with the mace. osibanjo with the cane o. daura with the pain....okay na
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nostradamus: 1:03am On Aug 19, 2018
Hello house i have one question about these dss guys oo.i have read a lot of thriller novels where secret agents always have firearms(mostly small 9mm)in their house.i want to ask,are dss guys allowed to own guns in their personnal abode(not the one issued by the government-tavor 21-that they always carry for operations)?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2018
Abuja
The Nation also gathered that Buhari will determine the fate of the former Director-General of the Department of State Security Service, Mr. Lawal Daura, who was removed from office on August 7.

Cabinet and kitchen cabinet members of the President are said to be holding divergent views on the sack.

Daura has been in protective custody since he was relieved of his appointment.

Apart from the report by Police Inspector-General Ibrahim Kpotun Idris which was submitted to Osinbajo, other findings against Daura remained confidential last night.

Although the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Mr. Femi Adesina had said the presidency was one on the action taken against Daura, it was learnt that the sack was trailed by some intra-cabinet rumblings.

Sources said that the president will, in the next few days, decide on the followings:

* Consider the IGP report and classified findings on Daura

* Determine whether Daura should be released immediately from safe custody unconditionally; with conditions; or should face trial for any infractions allegedly committed on August 7

*Likely reinstatement of Daura or redeployment to any agency in the light of the findings by all the agencies, especially a declaration by the DSS that no cash was found in his home.

*Possible restructuring/ overhauling of DSS and appointment of a substantive DG for the service including retirement of some top directors.

A well placed source said: “Daura is still in a safe house where he was debriefed by the police and other agencies. But it is only the President who can determine his fate.

“Now that the President is back, he has to consider all reports and findings on the former DG of DSS and take appropriate decisions.”

Continuing, the source said: “the President needs to give approval for either the release of the former DSS boss or his trial for any infractions spotted.

“Some forces are also pushing for the reinstatement of Daura or his redeployment to another agency. It is always difficult for any government to reverse itself on any issue, even if there are glaring errors, but the final say lies with the President.

“Don’t forget that the Acting President assured the nation that all those involved in the August invasion of the National Assembly will be punished.

“There might be some restructuring/ overhauling of DSS and appointment of a new substantive DG. Some directors might also be retired to pave the way for a new DG.

“It is too early to say whether or not the acting DG of DSS, Mr. Mathew Seiyefa from Bayelsa State will be confirmed.

“Seiyefa missed a similar opportunity to be the DG of DSS in 2010 during the tenure of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. He lost out to ex-DG Ita Ekpenyong.

“This post is always determined by competence and loyalty in view of the sensitive nature of the office.”
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2018
Kaizer86:
Abuja
The Nation also gathered that Buhari will determine the fate of the former Director-General of the Department of State Security Service, Mr. Lawal Daura, who was removed from office on August 7.

Cabinet and kitchen cabinet members of the President are said to be holding divergent views on the sack.

Daura has been in protective custody since he was relieved of his appointment.

Apart from the report by Police Inspector-General Ibrahim Kpotun Idris which was submitted to Osinbajo, other findings against Daura remained confidential last night.

Although the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Mr. Femi Adesina had said the presidency was one on the action taken against Daura, it was learnt that the sack was trailed by some intra-cabinet rumblings.

Sources said that the president will, in the next few days, decide on the followings:

* Consider the IGP report and classified findings on Daura

* Determine whether Daura should be released immediately from safe custody unconditionally; with conditions; or should face trial for any infractions allegedly committed on August 7

*Likely reinstatement of Daura or redeployment to any agency in the light of the findings by all the agencies, especially a declaration by the DSS that no cash was found in his home.

*Possible restructuring/ overhauling of DSS and appointment of a substantive DG for the service including retirement of some top directors.

A well placed source said: “Daura is still in a safe house where he was debriefed by the police and other agencies. But it is only the President who can determine his fate.

“Now that the President is back, he has to consider all reports and findings on the former DG of DSS and take appropriate decisions.”

Continuing, the source said: “the President needs to give approval for either the release of the former DSS boss or his trial for any infractions spotted.

“Some forces are also pushing for the reinstatement of Daura or his redeployment to another agency. It is always difficult for any government to reverse itself on any issue, even if there are glaring errors, but the final say lies with the President.

“Don’t forget that the Acting President assured the nation that all those involved in the August invasion of the National Assembly will be punished.

“There might be some restructuring/ overhauling of DSS and appointment of a new substantive DG. Some directors might also be retired to pave the way for a new DG.

“It is too early to say whether or not the acting DG of DSS, Mr. Mathew Seiyefa from Bayelsa State will be confirmed.

“Seiyefa missed a similar opportunity to be the DG of DSS in 2010 during the tenure of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. He lost out to ex-DG Ita Ekpenyong.

“This post is always determined by competence and loyalty in view of the sensitive nature of the office.”

Tnx 4 d update.

Hope to get call soon
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by lihabeeb1: 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
S2Saidu:

Tnx 4 d update.

Hope to get call soon

hmm! What a Season of Transfer Window for Top Officials in service both at Headquarters and various state commands. The first assignment for Acting D. G has been done successfully!

The previous News update abt transfer is Real. what next?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
As of Friday alot of top men n directors have gotten their posting letter and are to resume at their various bases after sallah, posting will continue into the week and beyound, hopefully once they are done with them recruitment case will be treated that's if the dg is not changed again or confirmed.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nostradamus:
Hello house i have one question about these dss guys oo.i have read a lot of thriller novels where secret agents always have firearms(mostly small 9mm)in their house.i want to ask,are dss guys allowed to own guns in their personnal abode(not the one issued by the government-tavor 21-that they always carry for operations)?
there's a special side arm given to all field operatives to takee home, u can decline tho if ur an admin staff, question is how many people decline especially after camp wen u wanna keep urself inde good books from day one lol,but also know as u grow in service side piece is a necessity til you retire.the tar 21 is kept in the armory till it's time for operation, except the gate guards that are always with it 24/7, close body gaurds or close quarters gaurds are always wit a gun I mean always except u feel u can handle ursef jet li style wen ur off duty tho.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nostradamus: 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
Kaizer86:
there's a special side arm given to all field operatives to takee home, u can decline tho if ur an admin staff, question is how many people decline especially after camp wen u wanna keep urself inde good books from day one lol,but also know as u grow in service side piece is a necessity til you retire.the tar 21 is kept in the armory till it's time for operation, except the gate guards that are always with it 24/7, close body gaurds or close quarters gaurds are always wit a gun I mean always except u feel u can handle ursef jet li style wen ur off duty tho.
thanks bro..i hope the side arm given to them na original weapon(glock won't be bad) and no be aba made two round cock-&-shoot?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nostradamus:
thanks bro..i hope the side arm given to them na original weapon(glock won't be bad) and no be aba made two round cock-&-shoot?
Glock 19 mm or 17, if ur a director Colt.or caracal

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
Kaizer86:
As of Friday alot of top men n directors have gotten their posting letter and are to resume at their various bases after sallah, posting will continue into the week and beyound, hopefully once they are done with them recruitment case will be treated that's if the dg is not changed again or confirmed.

This is good news, perhaps after sallah celebration!

The information from Rablaw desk is promising grin
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
S2Saidu:

This is good news, perhaps after sallah celebration!

The information from Rablaw desk is promising grin
Lol that our guy desk the happen on a steady....better info go reach that desk after sallah.. me am still sighting Sept tho.. problem with federal government recruitment is always like this delay over.. see efcc dat left Monday had to wait 8full months before moving.. Dss from my small research the longest they,v taken was after 6months. So from February to this month is the 6th yeah let's see what Sept brings.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2018
Kaizer86:

Lol that our guy desk the happen on a steady....better info go reach that desk after sallah.. me am still sighting Sept tho.. problem with federal government recruitment is always like this delay over.. see efcc dat left Monday had to wait 8full months before moving.. Dss from my small research the longest they,v taken was after 6months. So from February to this month is the 6th yeah let's see what Sept brings.

Patiently waiting ooo
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nostradamus: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
Kaizer86:

Glock 19 mm or 17, if ur a director Colt.or caracal
thanks boss..you seem to have a lot of knowledge about this guys oo.one dude in my street,he's a dss guy,i have seen him drive about four different cars now(including one white ford pick-up and this old ford explorer).one of my guys later told me that if you get employed as a SIO,you'd get access to drive a lot of government cars.if this is true,then those dss boys are heavily pampered men.i envy them big time.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2018
Nostradamus:
thanks boss..you seem to have a lot of knowledge about this guys oo.one dude in my street,he's a dss guy,i have seen him drive about four different cars now(including one white ford pick-up and this old ford explorer).one of my guys later told me that if you get employed as a SIO,you'd get access to drive a lot of government cars.if this is true,then those dss boys are heavily pampered men.i envy them big time.
Nobi so o Bros,lol i just do my research,read wide and observe steady..you know when u want something u vest ur self in so u won't miss out cos of small details..that's the ginger..as for the cars u see him with those cars are officiall cars he could be a driver for a director or in a govnors convoy, or he has his own personal money maybe family cash, Dss agents are comfortable not wealthy, comfortablity plus savings and investment over the years can always turn one wealthy tho with the right investment and contacts. One of the perks of Dss job is it gives contacts depending on were u find ur self serving, u get to meet top people in, business, politics,and other wise. So u can't really say for the cars but if they have federal government plate numbers then the cars arnt personal cars but office cars that he is opportuned to use becos of one reason or the other.. I know for sure that top directors at HQ are entitled to a Jeep,406, and utility car Hilux. So ur guy fit be driver for oga, or fit just be field agent wit access to those rides, or could have family money..

3 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2018
Nostradamus:
my two cents about the dss or d sss( their constitutional name). so the sss has a quasi police/quasi intelligence structure. the british mi5 or security service is purely domestic intelligence and counter intelligence with no police powers of arrest. on d contrary nigeria's sss has the police powers of arrest which naturally broadens their operations. now nigeria's peculiar history has positioned the sss over the years as a secret police(not the best toga) and this means that often the interests of the incumbent govt. will overshadow real intelligence or counterintelligence work. this implies that the sss will spend more time hunting journalists, social critics, political opposition parties and the rest. lets face it. many nigerian top politicians/government functionaries are agents/spies for western intelligence agencies like the mi6 cia german intelligence, mossad etc. i think very strongly that the sss must change her in house doctrine in oda to do real intelligence work. so point is what sss really needs are not more guns- we have the npf n d nscdc to do that- what d sss needs is to adopt the mi5 model which focuses heavily on counter intelligence and exposing traitors who sell out the state
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
allan2:
my two cents about the dss or d sss( their constitutional name). so the sss has a quasi police/quasi intelligence structure. the british mi5 or security service is purely domestic intelligence and counter intelligence with no police powers of arrest. on d contrary nigeria's sss has the police powers of arrest which naturally broadens their operations. now nigeria's peculiar history has positioned the sss over the years as a secret police(not the best toga) and this means that often the interests of the incumbent govt. will overshadow real intelligence or counterintelligence work. this implies that the sss will spend more time hunting journalists, social critics, political opposition parties and the rest. lets face it. many nigerian top politicians/government functionaries are agents/spies for western intelligence agencies like the mi6 cia german intelligence, mossad etc. i think very strongly that the sss must change her in house doctrine in oda to do real intelligence work. so point is what sss really needs are not more guns- we have the npf n d nscdc to do that- what d sss needs is to adopt the mi5 model which focuses heavily on counter intelligence and exposing traitors who sell out the state
Nice one man... But isnt that the work of n.i.a, d.i.a,?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2018
Kaizer86:

Nice one man... But isnt that the work of n.i.a, d.i.a,?
valid points. we have definitely not evolved enough to the level of the mi5 n i seriously hope we do. i will also say that dere is a fundamental difference btw nigeria's state security service, sss and USA's secret service ss. america's ss is basically VIP protection and also an anti counterfeit service working under d treasury department. infact historically d ss has mainly focused on d latter duty though now more public attention seems to b on dia vip protection services. on d oda hand our sss was primarily established for intelligence purposes though they later evolved to adopt vip protection roles. but outside that VIP intersection our sss is very different from america's ss. i would rather compare our sss with the fbi- though i do dis with a pinch of salt because our sss remains a secret police whereas d fbi is not. kaizer
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2018
i would also add that our nia like u already must know, is modelled after the cia which means they run agents outside the country with counterintelligence operations which should normally have dia opposite numbers in the sss. in a nutshell, just as the police and d sss share the same role of hunting down organized crime, d sss and nia/dia share the same obligation of counterintelligence
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
allan2:
i would also add that our nia like u already must know, is modelled after the cia which means they run agents outside the country with counterintelligence operations which should normally have dia opposite numbers in the sss. in a nutshell, just as the police and d sss share the same role of hunting down organized crime, d sss and nia/dia share the same obligation of counterintelligence
Aite cool
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nostradamus: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
allan2:
nice one bro,our dss has metamorphosed to been used by the ruling party to suppress the opponents instead intelligence machinery.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nostradamus: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Another question that's been bugging,when recruiting agents,are hacking skills considered in the recruitment of agents?

2)do they teach our dss boys hacking?(this is another way of me asking that are dss agents really great with softwares.i somehow feel that secret agents should know a lot about computers and softwares).
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 12:29am On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=Nostradamus post=70520452]Another question that's been bugging,when recruiting agents,are hacking skills considered in the recruitment of agents?

2)do they teach our dss boys hacking?(this is another way of me asking that are dss agents really great with softwares.i somehow feel that secret agents should know a lot about computers and softwares).[/quote hacking skills are not considered in recruiting sss officers/ operatives (they re not refered to as agents) i know how d allure of american spy thrillers fuel james bondic fantasies or jason bournic expectations - and even though real intelligence work has its subtle thrills the perculiarity of the host country will determine the operational doctrine of their intelligence services. for nigeria, sss has not yet been positioned for raw intelligence activities akin to what obtains in more advanced climes - high level hacking, busting spy rings, counter intelligence etc. dss is still at d level of bugging phone numbers of political or religious interests, and the rest. thats not saying they dont have tech guys but at dis stage political interests often drive their strategic operations
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2018
The Department of State Services (DSS) has announced the appointment Mr. PN Afunanya as its Spokesman and Public Relations Officer.The Public Relations Department of the agency in a statement on Thursday announced the new appointment and he replaces Mr. Tony Opuiyo who had held the position before the new appointment.

Afunanya attended the Abia State University Uturu and the University of Uyo in Nigeria where he obtained Bachelor of Arts English (1997) and Master of Arts English (2009) respectively. He also holds Master of Arts Peace and Strategic Studies (2011) from the University of Ilorin and is currently pursuing a PhD in Security and Strategic Studies at the Nasarawa State University Keffi.

He has also attended several courses within and outside Nigeria namely: innovation and strategy at Harvard University Boston USA and Security Management and Coordination London, investigative journalism at City University London.

Other courses he had also attended are on leadership, arbitration, conflict resolution, negotiation and public communication. He is currently the Editor in Chief of the DSS in-house Magazine the Tripple S.

The new DSS Spokesman belongs to several professional associations including the Nigerian Institute of Chartered Administrators, Nigeria Red Cross Society, Nigeria Institute for Industrial Security, Society for Peace Scholars and Practice. He is a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administrators.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (326) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.