Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! (1214 Views)

Ndigbo And 2015 Election: The Correctness Of A Mistake / The Tragedy Of African Mentality By Pro. PLO Lumumba ( The Best Speech Ever) / Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2006
Dear forumites, i thot to post an 8 part series based on a documentary series i came across on Youtube. This series aims to stimulate an intellectual debate on the growing problem of Islamic fundamentalism all over the world and the problem of denial aka political correctness that is blinding the eyes of the West to this pernicious cancer.

Series 1 - There is a problem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KZC5cFoldI
Re: Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! by TayoD(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2006
davidylan,

Your link isn't working right.

This documentary was shown at the University of Minnesota, but I couldn't make out the time to go view it. Fortunately, I was able to order the pre-release copy via their website. I have not had the time to watch it but I plan to do so soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to make my thoughts known via this medium.
Re: Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! by chinani(f): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2006
Davidylan, I think it's a mistake to oppose people in the name of religion. They may be radicals and if they are evil then their actions are not sanctioned by Islam. It only politicizes, polarizes the situation to refer to them as such. Then, "the world" is too bogged down in propaganda to do anything worth doing. The cost of being offensive and insensitive is human lives & human suffering.

I, for one, don't see too many people being "politically correct" instead I see many being intentionally offensive & decrying political correctness.
Re: Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 29, 2006
@ Tayo D
Sorry about the broken link. i have since fixed it. Please do endeavour to get a copy of the movie "the obsession". It's incredibly informative and gives you a hitherto unknown insight into the global goal of the jihad being waged by those who use the palestinian problem as a smokescreen for their inherent evil actions!
THere's the website link: Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against The West

chinani:

Davidylan[/b], I think it's a mistake to oppose people in the name of religion. They may be radicals and if they are evil then their actions are not sanctioned by Islam.

No one is "opposing" people in the name of religion! One serious symptom of political correctness taken too far is the policy of denial! Who are these "radicals" and why do they do what they do in the name of religion?
Why are the "moderates" silent in the face of attrocities commited by the radical minority and yet are "outraged" when the pope attempts to engage them in dialogue?
Does it make logical sense for me to threaten to kill you for accusing me of being violent?

On what premise do you base your "assumption" that the evil actions of terrorists is not sanctioned by Islam?

chinani:

It only politicizes, polarizes the situation to refer to them as such. Then, "the world" is too bogged down in propaganda to do anything worth doing. The cost of being offensive and insensitive is human lives & human suffering.
I, for one, don't see too many people being "politically correct" instead I see many being intentionally offensive & decrying political correctness.

1. The situation has already been politicized long ago as a war of Us and them, the clash of civilizations between the West including the US and Isreal vs Muslim nations! To pretend that such is not the case is to play the ostrich with its head buried in the sand.
Who is being offensive in this case? The pope or those who lob rockets with ball bearings into Isreali schools or those who fly civilian aircraft into the twin towers?
Who is being insensitive? Those who advocate for the wiping out of Isreal from the face of the earth? Ahmedinajad who refers to the US as the great sata and urges his people to envision a world without the USA?

The cost of being offensive and being insensitive might be loss of human lives, the cost of denial and inaction is much worse! At least Sept 11, and 7/7 taught us as much!

2. You know PC has been taken too far when the British police now require to take permission from muslim clerics before they can search a suspected terrorist! Why don't they take permission from the pope before arresting a christian pedophile?
Now that muslims in Canada are fighting to implement the sharia law, we may as well fold our arms while we pretend in a bid not to appear offensive and insensitive!

And here's the second part of our series!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZGC5NKkOk
Re: Radical Islam - The Tragedy Of Political Correctness! by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2006
The west is always trying to be politically correct as I saw on T.V someday an airhostess in England was asked to remove her neck chain because the pendant is a cross and it is religiously suggestive and some people can hide their faces in veil all over England and even in airports,
They can burn flags and dress like suicide bombers when protesting in England, They can declare Sharia in Canada, They can build mosques in Rome, England, America and even the Vatican which are predominantly Christian; and no other religion does this to them in their country, They can call for a country to be wiped off the earth surface, they can decide not to recognise the right of a country to exist, They can kill Budhist is Southern Thailand, they can arm and fund Terrorist groups
I doubt if Russia would be waiting for a time of political correctness before dealing decisively with Chechen rebels
If the west is not decisive in certain issues of extremism  then the world is no longer safe

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Save Anambra State And Nigeria At Large? / Letter To Babangida / As Pdp Govs Adopt Yar' Adua, The Political Totopoly Has Begun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.