Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,043 members, 7,821,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Best Nigerian Bank? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Nigerian Bank? (12543 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag / Best Nigerian Bank For UK Returnee Back To Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by nelly4luv: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2009
INTERCONTINENTAL BANK is the best
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by femo2000(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2009
The best Nigerian Banks in terms of

1 Stability (financial)
2 Product quality
3 Customer Relationship

are

1 First Bank
2 Union Bank
3 Standard Chartered Bank
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Jarus(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2009
Can the thread starter or Mod add poll to this?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by EbonyNaija: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTBANK, didnt think there was any competition
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by dapix: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
well from all indices and indicators, GTB is the bank i will respect and will always respect because they are too organised, abeg 10gbosas for them!!!!!!!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by just1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2009
standard chartered bank is d best
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by azeezbaba(m): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTBank for life.

they are the only bank in Nigeria where u can make or receive calls while in the banking hall
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by charlione(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2009
adejokemi:

GTB is good in all facets except their internet banking.
from a personal experince, i lost N100k to them through ATM withdrawals and beleive me my pin wasnt compromised. uptill now after 4months, they are still looking for my money.

another side to it, i suspect that all these so called fraudsters must have insiders in gtb simply because, the rate at which frauds occurs in the bank is quite alarming, so lets be careful.
not sabotaging them because all banks are experincing them but at varying level, gtb has to do something on this.

peace out!!

dude yours is an isolated case so dont go around spreading rumours that aren't true. What frauds
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ahmedng: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2009
When you talk about banking you,ofcourse you want to deposit your money and go back and collect it, and u want to be sure the bank won't close down or go bankrupt some day.The only bank that can guaranty all this is

AFRIBANK NIGERIA PLC
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by papagiddy(m): 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB na babaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
anyway, RIP MICHEAL JACKSON!!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Agbero1: 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
Try the upcoming Savannah Bank grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ibrokay(m): 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB is the best
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by efosanice: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
finbank is a silent achiever,almost no charges for transactions and highest rate on fixed deposits, my millions are safe with finbank not with zenith,
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by DGuv1(m): 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2009
QUDOS to GTB for they are the best,but they need to improve on there network because of what people are facing from there ATM.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ashaby(f): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2009
Shout it to the rooftops!!!
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by kok(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2009
This is a great thread, we really need to know which of these "sound banks" deserve our patronage. So far, I have not seen anyone mention Access bank, that means its a no-go area. Access bank seem to have concentrated effort on ATM banking because they have their machine on every where you can think of, and even charge their customers 100 naira monthly for ATM maintenance.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Eaglebabe: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2009
I don't have any advice 4 u co i keep my money under my bed.So no son of a bitch will wake up one day and run away with my hard earned money the pretex of destressed bank.The question now is who distresses the bank?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by wizsultan: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2009
G T B all d way, The physical structure, operations, security, d use of phones in banking hall, d zero balance, d availability of cakes during festive periods, no saturday banking, no hidden charges, no dead workers, no embarrassment from security men, abeg make i stop here. Gtb na every every. Up GT!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by wizsultan: 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2009
G T B all d way, The physical structure, operations, security, d use of phones in banking hall, d zero balance, d availability of cakes during festive periods, no saturday banking, no hidden charges, no dead workers, no embarrassment from security men, abeg make i stop here. Gtb na every every. Up GT!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by whitechriz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2009
WHAT OF Intercontinental Bank Plc ? HOW GOOD ARE THEY ?
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THEM HERE ?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Slycks(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2009
make some noise for GTBank
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by rasputinn(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2009
Seriously,you will have to wait till Dec 2009 to get an honest and unbiased answer to your question
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ReachRich(m): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2009
I will go for Diamond bank.
U can become a millionnaire just by maintaining a min balance of N10,000 in your savings xtra acct in the ongoing promotion by the bank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ReachRich(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2009
Once again i give it to DIAMOND BANK. grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by ocean73(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
intercontinental bank plc, try them.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by MUZBO(m): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2009
I would've said STERLING BANK but they lied to me in one TV advert that I was their only customer so because of that I choose GTB.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by timmy7(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hmm, custumer service,service delivery,tat etc give it to gtb. Uba seems to be the worst bank in these aspects bt they r very strong sha.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
GTB, Diamond is ok-----> all the rest have issues!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by allboyz(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2009
GT Bank - 1st

Oceanic - 2nd

Zenith / PHBank / Skye Bank - 3rd

grin grin grin
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by hubreality(m): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2009
Zenith is technologically sound and leading regarding international transfers. GTB does all that pretty well and better minus any hidden charges unlike many other strong big banks.
Thumb Up GTBank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by lwise(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2009
intercontinental bank for sure
Re: Best Nigerian Bank? by Wokeyim(f): 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hi Guys, methinks Access Bank is one of the best Banks around now and I wonder why no one is saying it here. Try and visit one of their branches - especially in Lagos and experience customer service at its best.

I agree that GTB leads but Access is second to GTB and so one of the few best banks around. The MD and GMD of Access left from GTB and so they have about thesame orientation with GTB. Most of their processes are fashioned like GTB's. That Access scatters ATMs aroung is a big fallacy; like GTB, they control the spread of their ATMs, just like they control the spread of their branches. You know banking is not all about spreading branches everywhere,even GTB realizes that! In this economic crunch, most banks almost lost it with having too many branches and so too many Staff to pay. Some Banks slashed Staff salaries; but Access will never do a thing like that. We also know that a smart pupil can learn so well that he becomes sharper than his Teacher!

If you want technology, Access has it too. Access was the first bank to issue out visa credit cards in Nigeria - an ATM card that allows you deposit in your naira account but withdraw in any currency and in any part of the world. Access has branches in six African countries and a branch in the UK. Try and visit their website to learn more. Access has a very young and dynamic leadership and so the results are speed when it comes to decision making. it's just that the bank isn't noisy as it believes that its deeds, and not words should speak for it. The Bank isn't loud at all and because of this, its clientele is mostly top shots in Nigeria. Note that Access is one of the best paying banks in Nigeria now. I've had a personal relationship with Access and I think someone out there should try and experience it too then revert back to me.

Guys, go Access, goo Acess, goo Access!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / A Nairalander Young Entrepreneur Punch Newspaper Interview. / 7 Ways You Can Make Money With A Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.