Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? (1437 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by thexzy(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2016
Please this has been bothering me for sometime now. I have seen cases of members of a particular denomination fulfilling God'§ word according to the book of Malachi chapter 3 verse 10......Now my question is, Is it only the church members that should pay tithe to God through the church leaders, Can't the Leaders also do same coz I don't think i have seen when pastors/Reverend Fathers pay their Tithe offering? Or na taboo?
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by alatbaba1(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2016
They all should pay their tax. But some men of God have derailed from God's words. They use the member Tithe for their personal use. Tithe are used to take care of the poor, widow, orphans, sick, disable. Etc. But the reverse is the case now. God help u all. Pastors r milking the poor. Imagine a pastor buying a Ferrari or Hummer or private get? That's for gospel? Even if it's a gift, why nt sell it and use d proceedings for charity or better advise d donor on what d church needs.
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by thexzy(m): 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
More views peeps
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2016
Pastors do pay Tithe and give offerings just like everyone else
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by Princewell2012(m): 11:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Either of them are supposed to pay tithes, members or ministers.

Tithe paying do no longer appied to christians.

The payment of tithe were cancelled when Jesus died on the cross, and that's was the end of old testament and the biggining of new testament.

Only the pharisees do pay tithes according to the law.

The Book of malachi was a warning to isreal to return back to God since they have forgotten their ususal practice of tithing and offering which is according to the law. The book of malachi were not writting to christians.

But these men of God are using it to decieve people who do not know the scripture.

When prophet malachy was writting that book, there was still animal sacrifice in existence.

Ask any pastor who tell you to pay tithe if they can kill animal for sin offering, and hear what they will tell reply you.

There is no differents between tax and tithe, why, because they both are compulsery by law, and under the law it is a must weather you like it or not. since you re under that law or country you must pay it, or you get arested or persecuted.

That's why Jesus and his disciple have no other option than to follow suit. Pls read ur. Bible again.
So they just have to pay their tax. But appart from that, have you ever hear, read or seen them, Jesus and his disciples pay tithe throughout the entire new testament Have any of the apostle ever I mean ever teach, preach or force anyone to pay tithes in the entire new testament Ok you thought you know the bible better than paul and his followers Or better still you thought you love God more than
the disciples

Believe me any one forcing or instging fear on anyone in other to pay tithes are nothing but tax collectors. Yes that's what are, tax collectors.

It has nothing to do with kingdom.

Kingdom investment is all about raising disciples for christ and feeding his sheep. If you do these you re doing what is called kingdom investment. And has nothing to do in monetizing the church.

He said to him peter do you love me more than these? And peter replied Lord you know that I love you. Then he say to him feed my sheep, it was repeated three times. Pls read John 21; 15-19.

Today these so called men of God are building large cathedrals instead of raising disciples

That's why we have more beautiful and large edifices with 70, 000 sitters. But we only have a very few disciples. Nigeria has the largest congregation in the whole world, yet they re the most corrupt.

Some one said, tithing is use for the bulding of the church and for the promotion of gospel. That is a lie from the pit of hell.

No one can help God finnancially, he is the king of kings, he knows how to take care of his sheep. He is a great provider. Forget about the multitudes you see throuping the churches every sunday, the world is scarcity of disciple.
And God knows about it and that's why he is still delaying his comming.

Men of God are only enriching them selves through tithes and offering.

Yes givers never lack and nobody is disputing that, even the bible comfirms it. But these giving should be done in the right way and the right manners.

God love a cheerful giver.

Do you know that there is a difference between giving and paying

You give out something when your heart convinced you to do so, but you pay when you are tasked or commanded to do it.

You can also pay a dept , you don't give your dept you pay your dept.

Therefore Jesus has paid our dept on the cross with his blood, now we no longer have any dept to pay again. So the only duty remaining for christians is to love themselves, period.

This love is not just by mouth service alone as the world does, but by giving, caring and sharing among themselves. Then by doing that, you re giving to God, and he will surely reward you abundantly. You can check my thread on tithing for forether clarification. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by Princewell2012(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hmmmmm....... I know this is a bitter truth, and will be difficult to believe. But those who trully have the spirit of God will understand it.
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by thexzy(m): 12:21am On Jan 30, 2016
Princewell2012:
Either of them are supposed to pay tithes, members or ministers.

Tithe paying do no longer appied to christians.

The payment of tithe were cancelled when Jesus died on the cross, and that's was the end of old testament and the biggining of new testament.

Only the pharisees do pay tithes according to the law.

The Book of malachi was a warning to isreal to return back to God since they have forgotten their ususal practice of tithing and offering which is according to the law. The book of malachi were not writting to christians.

But these men of God are using it to decieve people who do not know the scripture.

When prophet malachy was writting that book, there was still animal sacrifice in existence.

Ask any pastor who tell you to pay tithe if they can kill animal for sin offering, and hear what they will tell reply you.

There is no differents between tax and tithe, why, because they both are compulsery by law, and under the law it is a must weather you like it or not. since you re under that law or country you must pay it, or you get arested or persecuted.

That's why Jesus and his disciple have no other option than to follow suit. Pls read ur. Bible again.
So they just have to pay their tax. But appart from that, have you ever hear, read or seen them, Jesus and his disciples pay tithe throughout the entire new testament Have any of the apostle ever I mean ever teach, preach or force anyone to pay tithes in the entire new testament Ok you thought you know the bible better than paul and his followers Or better still you thought you love God more than
the disciples

Believe me any one forcing or instging fear on anyone in other to pay tithes are nothing but tax collectors. Yes that's what are, tax collectors.

It has nothing to do with kingdom.

Kingdom investment is all about raising disciples for christ and feeding his sheep. If you do these you re doing what is called kingdom investment. And has nothing to do in monetizing the church.

He said to him peter do you love me more than these? And peter replied Lord you know that I love you. Then he say to him feed my sheep, it was repeated three times. Pls read John 21; 15-19.

Today these so called men of God are building large cathedrals instead of raising disciples

That's why we have more beautiful and large edifices with 70, 000 sitters. But we only have a very few disciples. Nigeria has the largest congregation in the whole world, yet they re the most corrupt.

Some one said, tithing is use for the bulding of the church and for the promotion of gospel. That is a lie from the pit of hell.

No one can help God finnancially, he is the king of kings, he knows how to take care of his sheep. He is a great provider. Forget about the multitudes you see throuping the churches every sunday, the world is scarcity of disciple.
And God knows about it and that's why he is still delaying his comming.

Men of God are only enriching them selves through tithes and offering.

Yes givers never lack and nobody is disputing that, even the bible comfirms it. But these giving should be done in the right way and the right manners.

God love a cheerful giver.

Do you know that there is a difference between giving and paying

You give out something when your heart convinced you to do so, but you pay when you are tasked or commanded to do it.

You can also pay a dept , you don't give your dept you pay your dept.

Therefore Jesus has paid our dept on the cross with his blood, now we no longer have any dept to pay again. So the only duty remaining for christians is to love themselves, period.

This love is not just by mouth service alone as the world does, but by giving, caring and sharing among themselves. Then by doing that, you re giving to God, and he will surely reward you abundantly. You can check my thread on tithing for forether clarification. Thank you.
please Sir, what'§ you own view about tithing? Do you totally condemn the act of paying of tithes or what? Coz the way you linked this stuff back to the old testamin by saying that it was practiced by the Pharisees back then as a Law and again you said that in the new testamin that Jesus Came and there was nothing like tithing. Does it mean we don't still practice God'§ commandments found in the old testamin anymore in this present dispensation?
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by thexzy(m): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2016
Joagbaje:
Pastors do pay Tithe and give offerings just like everyone else
I agree with you that they do give Offering but as for the aspect of Tithing, I don't think I have ever seen one yet. I want to ask you, Have you with your koro-koro eyes ever seen when a pastor/minister payed his/her tithe?
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by Princewell2012(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2016
thexzy:
please Sir, what'§ you own view about tithing? Do you totally condemn the act of paying of tithes or what? Coz the way you linked this stuff back to the old testamin by saying that it was practiced by the Pharisees back then as a Law and again you said that in the new testamin that Jesus Came and there was nothing like tithing. Does it mean we don't still practice God'§ commandments found in the old testamin anymore in this present dispensation?

Sorry i couldn't see it on time.

Some of the commandment has been annulled, eg. Animal sacrifices, killing of animals for a sin offering has been nulified witth the precious blood of Jesus. 2: stoning a stubbon child, killing of witches phisically and stoning of an adultrous women and many others has been cancelled when Jesus died on the cross. Which is the bigginning of the new testament and the end of the old testament.

What is testament ? Testament is another name for covenant. In the old covenant we kill ram for sacrifice but in these new convenant Jesus was kill instead of ram. Therefore there is nomore sacrifice. When Jesus died the cortain of the temple was devided from into two from the top to down, therefore nolified the work of a priest. Now those priest has no other job to do in that old temple. Now we have a new temple, this temple was not made with hand, but a body was prepared instead. Your body as a bornagain is the temple of the Holyspirit.

Now we all are a royal kings and priesthoodship, but not as the old ones which fade away, but new which will never Fade.

Now if all of us are a roral priesthood, who will collects tithe from each other

Time will not permit me to go into details.
But am sure there lots of thread on tithing you can go through.
Re: Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? by thexzy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
Princewell2012:

Sorry i couldn't see it on time.

Some of the commandment has been annulled, eg. Animal sacrifices, killing of animals for a sin offering has been nulified witth the precious blood of Jesus. 2: stoning a stubbon child, killing of witches phisically and stoning of an adultrous women and many others has been cancelled when Jesus died on the cross. Which is the bigginning of the new testament and the end of the old testament.

What is testament ? Testament is another name for covenant. In the old covenant we kill ram for sacrifice but in these new convenant Jesus was kill instead of ram. Therefore there is nomore sacrifice. When Jesus died the cortain of the temple was devided from into two from the top to down, therefore nolified the work of a priest. Now those priest has no other job to do in that old temple. Now we have a new temple, this temple was not made with hand, but a body was prepared instead. Your body as a bornagain is the temple of the Holyspirit.

Now we all are a royal kings and priesthoodship, but not as the old ones which fade away, but new which will never Fade.

Now if all of us are a roral priesthood, who will collects tithe from each other

Time will not permit me to go into details.
But am sure there lots of thread on tithing you can go through.
Even though have not been convinced on your points but one thing I understand is that you are totally not in support on Tithing. Am I speaking your mind?

(1) (Reply)

An Important Question For Atheists / Religion With Common Sense / Rccg Open Heaven Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.