Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? (47838 Views)

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by pesty100(m): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
livhorgng:
Locate any Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners Chapel) close to you join us this evening and see the God of Winners at work. Time is 5pm be there from start I bet you by tomorrow you'll be called by him. God Bless you
lol am an atheist
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by pesty100(m): 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
gensteejay:

IMO, this is the most sensible comment I have read so far. Most of the comments here are one-sided, hence illogical. Many posters were quick to cast aspersions on the lecturer while ignoring other possibilities(from the lecturer's viewpoint).
how I wish you know this man
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Image123(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
That's unfortunate. Depends on how powerful your lecturer is if you want to do gragra. If he's a Mr or Dr or Prof. But this is Nigeria so the good thing for you is to go and meet him, become his friend.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by ninodaniel(m): 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
d man don chyke u b4? if to say u b babe I for say d man wan nyash u,or beta still d man fit b gay o.to me dt punishment was too personal or can only cm from smbdy dt wnts smtin from u.abi u chyke him daughter?
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Fkhalifa(m): 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
I so much hate these set of sadistic lecturers with passion mehn
.some of them are even online here boasting stupidly of their wicked attitude.

I know one day you shall be payed back and be rewarded accordingly by their seniors
.you children shall also meet your types as lecturers in future

Bastards

Their father# angry
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by suzzy16(f): 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
viktor01:
Some guys too dey front too, maybe op was rude but would not say so.

MODIFIED:

Go join cult and pay him a visit.
lol at this
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by lovely17(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
You actually gave him your Matric number dude really?
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by bebu: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Go and meet him wit an elderly man
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Junkab: 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
He might think that u were given flimpse excuse dat u were disturbing the class before catching u,try and see d elder or superior lecturer to beg on ur behalf otherwise u are coming back again.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by bennywise30(m): 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
pesty100:
I was in afternoon class yesterday when my biro stopped working, so i decided to go and collect the biro I gave to my friend before the lecture. I stood up and went to the where my friend was sitting meanwhile the lecturer was in at the back of the class receiving call. I thought to my self that I would collect the biro and explain the reason for my standing up to him but before I could do that; he called me and asked me the reason I stood up, I explained to him and he said I should get out of his class. Before I could reach the door he asked me to come back and give him my name and matric no; which I did, then he sent me outside and said I should never come for any of his other lectures or test. He conducted a test for us that same evening which true to his instructions I didn't come for. He would have said I shouldn't come for exams if not for the fact that the course is being taken by two lecturers so he only has 50% on grading us.

So does the punishment fits my crime?

And what steps can I take so that this man won't bully me.

am nt a girl.
Go to his office and see him ,explain things to him ,if possible go with your course rep or course assistant but you disrespectd him by your action
wish you the best
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by emmchi(m): 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
Why are nairalanders so judgemental?The op just said his own said of his story and everyone is now crucifying the lecturer.
Have you as yourself did he just get up to get a Biro.
why did the lecturer call him back after sending him out of his class.

The best thing the op could do is to see he personally and apologise.And always comport yourself whenever those no none sense kind of lecturers are lecturing so that you wouldn't become a victim of carry-over.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by SavageGarden(m): 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
am nt a girl.
No wonder
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Eronmosele(m): 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
pesty100:
I was in afternoon class yesterday when my biro stopped working, so i decided to go and collect the biro I gave to my friend before the lecture. I stood up and went to the where my friend was sitting meanwhile the lecturer was in at the back of the class receiving call. I thought to my self that I would collect the biro and explain the reason for my standing up to him but before I could do that; he called me and asked me the reason I stood up, I explained to him and he said I should get out of his class. Before I could reach the door he asked me to come back and give him my name and matric no; which I did, then he sent me outside and said I should never come for any of his other lectures or test. He conducted a test for us that same evening which true to his instructions I didn't come for. He would have said I shouldn't come for exams if not for the fact that the course is being taken by two lecturers so he only has 50% on grading us.

am nt a girl.
I've learnt a lot in this life. You would be surprised. The issue looks really minor but the manner of approach is really all that matters. How did you respond to the lecturers inquiry? Your report does not sound complete at all. It's also possible that you have 'committed ' before this incident. So with this one is like your cup don full. Please don't tell us what happened, tell us what has been happening.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by XaintJoel20: 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
I had similar experience with a sadist lecturer when I was doing my first degree. I ignored him and prepared very well for the exam. As God would have it, I passed the course very well....
If he is the type that is approachable, I strongly advice you approach him and apologies and if need be do that with the aid of his colleague, (preferreably senior colleague)...
I wish you all the best...
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Eronmosele(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
pesty100:

am nt a girl.
I've learnt a lot in this life. You would be surprised. The issue looks really minor but the manner of approach is really all that matters. How did you respond to the lecturers inquiry? Your report does not sound complete at all. It's also possible that you have 'committed ' before this incident. So with this one is like your cup don full. Please don't tell us what happened, tell us really what has been happening.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by BossDanniee(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
Simply report 2 SUG
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by rafcrown(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
A MAD PERSON LECTURING?
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by madetayo: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
I must tell you that ur village pple are not at work as suggested by others. Many of these half baked and 1st degree holder lecturers are mostly like that. They love to live a larger than life lifestyles while also seeing students as pawns. Don't know what school you are but OOU, (Olabisi Onabanjo University),Economics department made me see hell,almost ruined my life if not for God. Prof George, Adesoye and many of their baby lecturers messed up grades just cos they wanted us to see them as Almighty but God favours who ever He wants to,not by grade or result. It's the reason I'm employed now. For the silly lecturer, you shouldn't have given him ur matrix number cos he's gonna show you but you gatts burn candle for hin head,that's the only way out. As candle dey burn, make hin power over you dey dry,na the reason why O.S.U boys dey drop them be that
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by donem: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
I SUGGEST U BEG THE SECOND LECTURER TO HELP BEG HIM, BUY HIM A SMALL GIFT & PRESENT IT ON YOUR KNEELS.
Jeez guy stop this, did he killed somebody? Even when appeasing the gods you don't do such.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by donem: 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
pesty100:
even if the class had been rowdy(due to the man making grammatical blunders) how does it justify him banning me for collecting pen from nxt semester's lectures
Bro I understand your situation, if it where my uni days and u happen to be my course mate, I'll have taken your case up on my head.

If there is anything I hate in this life, is for a mortal to act God.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by adeife16(m): 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
tolexy007:
I see the hand of your Village plpp in this, their network must be very strong angry angry angry
na vry strong 4g network
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by ib2015: 12:22am On Jan 28, 2016
Do what I did in my time, visit him with 4 friends at his home by 10pm!
Thank me later.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by bodyloveghetto(m): 12:40am On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmm, biro.. not sure if you pretty much a student or perhaps you went to some pretty wack public school... i'm pretty sure he sent you out for saying biro...
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Tyviv(f): 2:51am On Jan 28, 2016
Mad Lecturer
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Zurielistic: 3:28am On Jan 28, 2016
embarassed
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Zurielistic: 3:37am On Jan 28, 2016
Are you sure you did not make any attempt to psych one of his girlfriends?
Anyway, to answer ur question: CAN A LECTURER ACTUALLY DO THIS?
Of course, he has done it to u naa.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Lescott7(m): 4:40am On Jan 28, 2016
pesty100:

am nt a girl.
From what I read, if am not mistaken u are a student of eksu and the class was ACC311 at goodluck Jonathan hall. Op if am right? I was in that class.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Lescott7(m): 4:53am On Jan 28, 2016
The Op also disrespected him one way or the other,I was in that same class with Op,Op should not have stood up at all we all know this man knew we caught all his grammatical blunders and the whole class was laughing. He said some thing like"HOW DOES HE DOES THAT"
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by surveycash(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2016
Owoade, ATBU did same to me. Went with some lecturers to beg him after the event and he accepted only to realize I got a D in the course where I expected a least an A. Most of my colleagues that come to me for assistance had an A. When I was pondering what went wrong, they said OWOADE. That's when I remembered the incident. Thank God my CA was strong and he's not the only one taking the course.

Just put a call to the school to get the name now only to be told he's been dismissed since for similar complains.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Rugga: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2016
A lecture has no RIGHT, no RIGHT to ask a student to leave the hall for just walking around, the student has the right to either attend or not attend a lecture. I advice the student to ensure he keeps attending class (signing all attendance), this will serve as evidence of not missing class which can help in case the uneducated lecturer wants to be extra stupid. The attendance will make you have the required attendance percentage to sit for your exam. A first line of approach is make a verbal complaint to your Head of Dept(Record your conversation and try to have a second person with you). If the issue still persists i.e the stupid lecturer threatens you in any way, write a formal complaint to the Dean, copying the VC academics.

Reasons why these unethical lecturers continue this rubbish is the Students refuse to speak up!!!! Instead they decide to go BEG these rascals!!!!!
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by pesty100(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Lescott7:
From what I read, if am not mistaken u are a student of eksu and the class was ACC311 at goodluck Jonathan hall. Op if am right? I was in that class.
nope you re wrong, it happened in a fed university not to me but to my friend.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by pesty100(m): 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Rugga:
A lecture has no RIGHT, no RIGHT to ask a student to leave the hall for just walking around, the student has the right to either attend or not attend a lecture. I advice the student to ensure he keeps attending class (signing all attendance), this will serve as evidence of not missing class which can help in case the uneducated lecturer wants to be extra stupid. The attendance will make you have the required attendance percentage to sit for your exam. A first line of approach is make a verbal complaint to your Head of Dept(Record your conversation and try to have a second person with you). If the issue still persists i.e the stupid lecturer threatens you in any way, write a formal complaint to the Dean, copying the VC academics.

Reasons why these unethical lecturers continue this rubbish is the Students refuse to speak up!!!! Instead they decide to go BEG these rascals!!!!!
I am thinking of going to see the dean of my faculty but I am also thinking the issue might just blow out of proportion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / Ishaq Olanrewaju Oloyode Appointed JAMB Boss: Profile And Pictures / Boy Burns All His Certificates; Explains Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.