Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:32 AM

Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? (47839 Views)

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by pesty100(m): 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
Lescott7:
The Op also disrespected him one way or the other,I was in that same class with Op,Op should not have stood up at all we all know this man knew we caught all his grammatical blunders and the whole class was laughing. He said some thing like"HOW DOES HE DOES THAT"
hypothetically what would this same man have done if he saw the o wasn't taking down notes? How in your own case that happened in your class did the op disrespect the lecturer
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by tomdon(m): 8:42am On Feb 28, 2016
pesty100:
I was in afternoon class yesterday when my biro stopped working, so i decided to go and collect the biro I gave to my friend before the lecture. I stood up and went to the where my friend was sitting meanwhile the lecturer was in at the back of the class receiving call. I thought to my self that I would collect the biro and explain the reason for my standing up to him but before I could do that; he called me and asked me the reason I stood up, I explained to him and he said I should get out of his class. Before I could reach the door he asked me to come back and give him my name and matric no; which I did, then he sent me outside and said I should never come for any of his other lectures or test. He conducted a test for us that same evening which true to his instructions I didn't come for. He would have said I shouldn't come for exams if not for the fact that the course is being taken by two lecturers so he only has 50% on grading us.

So does the punishment fits my crime?

And what steps can I take so that this man won't bully me.

am nt a girl.

I can say 100% that you acted arrogantly when caught standing up.
he is in charge of the class and you just stand up without excuse?
I can see you showing nonchalance when caught instead of showing total humility.
you could have acted really humbly and he wouldn't have taken that stern action against you.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by captainspear(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2021
pesty100:

So does the punishment fits my crime?

And what steps can I take so that this man won't bully me.

am nt a girl.
first off, you were a willing participant in the crime committed against you by allowing yourself be a sounding board. next time think about this, are you schooling for free? is his presence in your class an act of charity? would you let a sales clark chase you out of the mall cos you were in the wrong isle? now listen, you paid for that class so he owes you how much that class costs cos you didn't choose to leave it, secondly he is a service provider servicing a client assume your position. finally get a hold of your school's rules book or students guide, read and understand them. aluta continua, vitoria e certa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / Boy Burns All His Certificates; Explains Why / Ishaq Olanrewaju Oloyode Appointed JAMB Boss: Profile And Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.